Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw

Transformers News: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw

Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 2:57PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 38,111

We got our first glimpse of this figure last week when a packaging error inadvertently revealed Ripclaw as the latest Predacon in the Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" toy line. Since the cat's out of the bag the official Transformers facebook page has revealed official images of the figure. Check her out in the images mirrored below. As many have pointed out she bears a striking resemblance to the Ser-Ket character who is currently being featured in the Transformers Prime: Rage of the Dinobots miniseries from IDW Publishing.

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Scale Ripclaw Robot Mode
Here come the Predacons! Check out Deluxe Scale Ripclaw, hitting shelves next month. What’s the most dangerous looking Predacon you’ve seen so far?

Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw

Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw
Credit(s): Transformers facebook page
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451353)
Posted by Yweggo on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:08pm CST
Am I the only one who thinks her head looks kinda like BW Inferno's?
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451357)
Posted by sabrigami on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:12pm CST
I thought she was going to be grey, can't say I'm a fan of her real color scheme. Hmmmm, I'm really on the fence about this one. robot mode is okay but in beast mode the limbs look really awkward. I think I'll wait until she gets some reviews in before I decide >:oP
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451358)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:13pm CST
Yweggo wrote:Am I the only one who thinks her head looks kinda like BW Inferno's?

Looks more like BW Wolfang's mutant head, how he looked in the comics.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451359)
Posted by Bruticusfan7 on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:15pm CST
honestly don't know about some of these beast hunters figures, this one looks pretty interesting, maybe when seeing them in hand will have more of an idea, holding out for the new foc figures in uk too. It's gonna be an expensive year. :lol:
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451362)
Posted by Va'al on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:16pm CST
The symbol on her chest doesn't look right. Is it just me?

On another note, I might get all the Predacons, and ignore the spiky vehicles.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451364)
Posted by ebeforei on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:29pm CST
I've dated worse.... (In all seriousness - must buy)
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451369)
Posted by ILL-Star on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:38pm CST
Atleast we now know what Ser-ket's figure will look like. If we get him. Ripclaw just doesn't look female enough though.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451371)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:40pm CST
WANT! So much WANT! :KREMZEEK:

Va'al wrote:The symbol on her chest doesn't look right. Is it just me?
Look alright to me.

Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451377)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:55pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:WANT! So much WANT! :KREMZEEK:

this, this, so much WANT! :grin:
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451380)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:59pm CST
Ripclaw... the Christmas dragon!
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451384)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 3rd, 2013 @ 4:03pm CST
Christmas SCORPION dragon, no less.

Looks alright, better than Lazerback. Still not sold on this line at all. The spiky vehicles are growing on me but I'm not picking them up if they're just new versions of the same figures I already have. So far it's just seeming like a good time for me to bow out of the collecting game for awhile and recoup my finances.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451386)
Posted by rpetras on January 3rd, 2013 @ 4:06pm CST
My interest in the candy colored monsters is quickly waning. >:oP
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451389)
Posted by CBratetron on January 3rd, 2013 @ 4:12pm CST
Looks like the dragon's head does drop into back kibble.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451393)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on January 3rd, 2013 @ 4:18pm CST
Ewww! the color scheme is terrible!
and she doesnt look female enough.
the figure also doesnt look to good either.
BUT, i will give the figure a chance.
ill wait til i see a review of her for my final choice.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451399)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 3rd, 2013 @ 4:27pm CST
Yeah, I hate it when you can't actually look at a toy and visibly TELL it's a female. The proportions need to match up.

That said, I generally hate the head-cowl look on a Transformer anyway. (Makes me think of the wolf and dog Beast Wars era.) It's like the toy line is trying to draw in the superhero-action-figure fans with the mask, proportions, and general spandex-tights look.

I'd rather they look like robots. Bulky, mechy, squared-off, G1-ish, robots... ala the fansproject Swindle bot.

But I digress.

Given, for a younger audience they are fun dragons and monsters. Though they're not for me, I do see that they're good animal designs and pleasing (albeit very bright) color schemes. I can see a lot of Beast Wars fans getting really excited.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451400)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 3rd, 2013 @ 4:29pm CST
starwarrior1227 wrote:Ewww! the color scheme is terrible!
No love for Christmas scorpion dragons? :lol:

starwarrior1227 wrote:and she doesnt look female enough.
you mean she doesn't look like another stereotype with boobs and high heels? Sound the alarm! :P

starwarrior1227 wrote:the figure also doesnt look to good either.
Looks about as decent as any average beast bot from the Beast Era, Cybertron, or Animated has ever looked.

starwarrior1227 wrote:BUT, i will give the figure a chance.
ill wait til i see a review of her for my final choice.
Yay.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451401)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 3rd, 2013 @ 4:29pm CST
Clunky, over-sized hand reminiscent of RiD X-Brawn, colors barely one notch above G2 color schemes. Looks like something spewed forth after a night of Jaeger bombs and Jello Shots.
All the vehicles in this line are nothing more than colorful rip-offs from the Mad Max films. I cannot see one redeeming point in this series whatsoever. I'm sure the 4 to 9 year olds will get a kick out of it but honestly, I cannot see what everyone else finds so appealing about any of these. I try to be open minded as far as the new toys are concerned but this new line just seems like a train wreck in progress. Those who do like them though, feel free to enjoy my share of them.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451403)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 3rd, 2013 @ 4:30pm CST
Not a fan of those colors. :SICK:

Other than that, the mold actually looks decent. Not quite persuasive enough for me to snag her, but close.
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451405)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 3rd, 2013 @ 4:32pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:Clunky, over-sized hand reminiscent of RiD X-Brawn,
That claw is a detachable hand-held weapon. :roll:
Re: Official Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Ripclaw (1451406)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 3rd, 2013 @ 4:32pm CST
yeah im getting all the predicons.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering