Transformers News: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot

Sunday, September 9th, 2012 9:48AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,832

Kmart has posted official images the new Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot. Both are priced at $11.99, but they are not currently available.

Product Description

• HOIST THE TOW-BOT figure converts easily! • Convert him from robot to tow truck mode and back! • Push the tow hook up to convert from tow truck to robot mode! • Includes figure. • Ages 3 to 6 years.
Anything can get done when Transformers Rescue Bots and their friends team up! Help fight fires, floods and crime, or anything in between – the Rescue Bots love adventure and rescue! This brave HOIST THE TOW-BOT figure is just the hero you need for your RESCUE BOTS adventures! He easily converts from robot mode to vehicle mode and back again. When the mission calls for a rescue, convert him to tow truck mode. But when the rescue mission gets dangerous, push the tow hook up to convert him back to robot mode!

Re: All new Rescue Bots toy characters - Hoist and Medix

Re: All new Rescue Bots toy characters - Hoist and Medix

Re: All new Rescue Bots toy characters - Hoist and Medix

Product Description

• MEDIX THE DOC-BOT figure converts easily! • Convert him from robot to ambulance mode and back! • Push the siren to convert him from ambulance mode to robot mode! • Includes figure. • Ages 3 to 6 years.
Anything can get done when Transformers Rescue Bots and their friends team up! Help fight fires, floods and crime, or anything in between – the Rescue Bots love adventure and rescue! This brave MEDIX THE DOC-BOT figure is just the hero you need for your RESCUE BOTS adventures! He easily converts from robot mode to vehicle mode and back again. When the mission calls for a rescue, pull him apart to convert him to ambulance mode. But when the rescue mission gets dangerous, push the siren to convert him back to robot mode!

Re: All new Rescue Bots toy characters - Hoist and Medix

Re: All new Rescue Bots toy characters - Hoist and Medix

Re: All new Rescue Bots toy characters - Hoist and Medix
Credit(s): Kmart

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418439)
Posted by RhA on September 9th, 2012 @ 9:54am CDT
Knees and elbows could make these things pretty cool.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418446)
Posted by harvester on September 9th, 2012 @ 10:23am CDT
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418450)
Posted by STngAR on September 9th, 2012 @ 11:17am CDT
Although not my cup of tea, I can see the appeal to younger kids. :MAXIMAL:
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418462)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on September 9th, 2012 @ 12:18pm CDT
harvester wrote:Anyone notice that these seem to be extreme retools of Heatwave and Bumlebee? Their transformations look identical. Ratchet's head even looks close to BB's. I still like these and am totally going to get them.

Don't think either of them Transforms like Bumblebee. Given the simplicity of the line, there are only so many ways a vehicle can split in half to form legs and swing out its sides to form arms. They are all bound to look similar.

I like Hoist. Still need to get Boulder (about the only one I'd care to buy), but Hoist might equally interest me.

Not sure why they didn't just use Ratchet instead of a new medic, but then I guess if they are going to establish more permanent characters, Ratchet wouldn't work.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418482)
Posted by F Prime on September 9th, 2012 @ 1:44pm CDT
"When the mission calls for a rescue, pull him apart to convert him to ambulance mode."

Wait...they are saying you *pull him apart* to go from robot to ambulance? That could lead to some confused children.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418483)
Posted by XDMan on September 9th, 2012 @ 2:07pm CDT
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418484)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 9th, 2012 @ 2:12pm CDT
XDMan wrote:Looks like we may see them in the show, Hoist does look like a good character and may get a "possible" voice actor (Larry the Cable Guy, for kids that like Mater since they're both tow trucks), but why Medix when there is Ratchet? Well, Ratchet is more of a better medic, even though he gets a bit grumpy. But since kids have been appealed by characters like the Twins, BB, then looks like they have gone wrong.

Because Ratchet's on Team Prime. He has no time to be spelunking as the Rescue Bots' medic.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418485)
Posted by XDMan on September 9th, 2012 @ 2:15pm CDT
That is not Ratchet, he is a different character. Medix looks like Bumblebee by the retooling, while Ratchet (in G1) shares the same body with Ironhide.

Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418489)
Posted by Flashwave on September 9th, 2012 @ 2:28pm CDT
So, I realize that this is a children's line, but is a pair of sliding fists for Tow-Line really that hard? It's possible to bury a huge-honkin tab in the back of his forarrrm, after all.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418497)
Posted by UltraMason on September 9th, 2012 @ 3:19pm CDT
My 5-year old nephew Tony (Antonio) got (rescue bots) Optimus Prime for his birthday and he loves it.
He came over with my sister the other day and went into my room , saw my american Gigazord sittin on the floor of the closet and tried to pick it up by the arm. The whole thing fell apart in his hands. I ended up giving him the entire thing.
I also gave him Prime Ratchet in robot mode but he got frustrated because he couldnt figure out where to start. I said "you can do Optimus right?"
and he says "yea but this one isnt like that".

He'd probably enjoy the "Medic Bot". When I was his age, I had Perceptor, Magnus, Starscream....etc. They all broke. My point is, he (kids) would probably enjoy things like these Rescue Bots, old Gobots, G1ers like Powermaster Optimus, TM Pointblank etc more than the 'bigger kid" toys like Bayverse etc etc.

He doesnt give a rat's ass about articulation, weapons, how militant can we make optimus, elbow joints and shit. He just wants a toy to play with. Not a friggin rubix cube robot.

(if your 5 year olds can transform that shit, mad props, the first person that makes a comment about my nephews intelligence is a dickwad.)

I also gave him a ton of IDW issues since I picked up the trades. I feel like an ass, because I think I just indoctrinated him (which I said I wouldnt ever do) the day before he started 1st grade....

I dont think he knows too much bout G1. I'm curious how he'd like it, it would be fun to sit down an play it for him when I think he's ready. He loves Optimus because he loves trucks, so I dont know if he's ready for the good ol deathbed scene yet. When I was his age Id already seen numerous dead bodies at funerals (which is why my mom cried for Prime, but I didnt, Im sure you can figure that part out...), I dont think he has though.

Let's face it, Ive been swimming in this robot culture for 27 years, I'll let the little dude learn at his own pace. I was so hoping he'd be a sports kid, but if robots can teach him something and keep him from gangbanging later on, then thats a great thing. :BOT: Needless to say, the bayverse is offlimits. at least, I aint gonna be the one pushin play. I still have nightmares about the guys hairy asscheeks from 'Armed and Dangerous' :shock:
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418501)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 9th, 2012 @ 3:25pm CDT
XDMan wrote:

Not just in G1.

But when did G1 get into the conversation? This is Rescue Bots.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418513)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 9th, 2012 @ 4:12pm CDT
Hoist looks like a Bizarre mixture between G2 Clench and TF Prime sgt kup. I love it.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418518)
Posted by harvester on September 9th, 2012 @ 4:20pm CDT
[quote]But when did G1 get into the conversation? This is Rescue Bots.[/quote]

My fault, I accidentally typed Ratchet in haste =P
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418520)
Posted by UltraMason on September 9th, 2012 @ 4:25pm CDT
But when did G1 get into the conversation? This is Rescue Bots.

Because without G1 , none of your precious other shit would exist. And nobody would care. So you promoters wouldnt have a job.

Respect
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418522)
Posted by UltraMason on September 9th, 2012 @ 4:30pm CDT
And you're right. It IS Rescue Bots.

So anyone over the age of 4 complaining about these things is a moron.

They're children's toys yo! :HEADHURTS:

No elbows or finger movement boohoo! LOL! I swear, if you're in your thirties bitching about these toys idunno....
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418523)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 9th, 2012 @ 4:31pm CDT
UltraMason wrote:But when did G1 get into the conversation? This is Rescue Bots.

Respect

What the hell is this excuse for a post?

This isn't a topic about G1. So why would we suddenly be talking about G1 on a thread about Rescue Bots toys.

I know without G1 we wouldn't have Transformers. Any Transformer fan would know that. But what does G1 Ratchet's animation model and toy have to do with Rescue Bots Hoist and Medix?

Talking about G1 is off topic, that's my point. So, kind sir, could you please stop acting like a dick for a minute, and actually read and analyse my point before typing up elaborate replies? Thank you.

UltraMason wrote:And you're right. It IS Rescue Bots.

So anyone over the age of 4 complaining about these things is a moron.

They're children's toys yo! :HEADHURTS:

Who's complaining? We're inserting our two cents on the subject.

And...the...what....?!

Hasbro's getting cheap, we can all agree on that. Are you saying we can't complain when Hasbro takes a character we love and make a toy that looks like this?

We have the right to like and dislike figures. We're the ones collecting them and giving Hasbro money (whatever 10% Hasbro claims us to be).
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418527)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 9th, 2012 @ 4:57pm CDT
UltraMason wrote:And you're right. It IS Rescue Bots.

Thank you! Now please stop talking about G1 Ratchet and his headless body! Or did YOU forget, that without a product PRIOR to transformers, that Transformers themselves wouldnt exist?

UltraMason wrote:
So anyone over the age of 4 complaining about these things is a moron.

Not Necessarily, since alot of us like the show, alot of us would like decent figures to go with it. That may be hard for you to understand, since your clearely going to be one of those self elevated types, but I'll put it in simple terms.

It would be cool to have more posablity, but we know we wont get it. We can say it would be nice all we want. No one is demanding it. And as to why some of us like the show, and are well beyond the age desired by people like you to watch it? Umm, because we can?
Good writing, and fun design, equals a good show, and you cant stop us from watching it and talking about the figures.

UltraMason wrote:No elbows or finger movement boohoo! LOL!

Finger movement is always nice, but when's the last time you've heard anyone scream bloody murder about a figure not having it?

UltraMason wrote:They're children's toys yo! :HEADHURTS: I swear, if you're in your thirties bitching about these toys idunno....

Yeah, Id'e say you dont know at all, but so few have the heart to admit at least that much, so thank you. Technically, everything short of a masterpiece figure is a child's toy, so your basically calling the entire fandom out for complaining about stupid avoidable shit like Airachnid, and all of her flaws.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418547)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 9th, 2012 @ 6:34pm CDT
Want them both.

Hoist shares a similar transformation scheme with Optimus and Heatwave, while Medix shares a similar one with Bumblebee.

I was expecting a green deco for Hoist and a more Ratchet-y deco for Medix, but I'm glad that they ultimately did not go that route for either, since both of their color schemes are unique and original. 8)

Now, I can see Frankie getting teamed up with Medix and Doc with Hoist. :D

And, guys, it was XDMan who first mentioned G1, not UltraMason.
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418555)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 9th, 2012 @ 6:51pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
And, guys, it was XDMan who first mentioned G1, not UltraMason.

I'm aware. UltraMason's thoughtless response, however, seemingly drove me insane (somehow).
Re: Official Images: Transformers: Rescue Bots Hoist the Tow-Bot and Medix the Doc-Bot (1418577)
Posted by triKlops on September 9th, 2012 @ 8:11pm CDT
nice, i really like the look of these,e specially for RBots
looks like i will have another couple to grab when these come out

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016