Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime

Saturday, October 26th, 2013 9:44AM CDT

Categories: Collectables, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,888

Thanks to Artstorm's Official website have some beautiful images of the upcoming UM-1Unimetal Optimus Prime. This non-transforming highly detailed display piece boast a ton of awesome features:

• Display base that can also display the Matrix of Leadership
  • Remote control light and sound features
  • Moving faceplating when reciting lines
  • Lots of diecast
  • Removable outer skin to reveal his inner workings
  • Stands approximately 17 inches tall

On the downside, all this awesome comes in at wallet melting 78,000 Yen, or around $800.00 USD.

Credit(s): Artstorm
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526093)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 26th, 2013 @ 9:47am CDT
dragons wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:its cool but not $800 cool, i can think of far more better things to spend 800 bucks on. For the hell of it here are a few: a 40" 3d led tv or a 50" normal tv, a ps4 xbox one & games for both, a years supply of booze (ok maybe half a year), a high class escort or 3 mid class escorts, a used car, a months supply of gasoline. See far more better things to spend $800 on.

Where you shop you at 3d tvs 859 and up where I live some of them are sale nice but nice enough to buy could be little better bigger expensive size of robotech transformers I never got into that series

What did you mean about robotech?
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526111)
Posted by megatronus on October 26th, 2013 @ 11:03am CDT
I'm actually drooling.

This looks awesome.

I can't afford it.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526112)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 26th, 2013 @ 11:06am CDT
I didn't mean it literally. ;) He does look a lot like MP-10, and at the end of the day, even with all the gimmicks, this Ultimetal Prime is essentially a poseable statue. So is the MP-10, but it can transform into an awesome truck!
It's odd.

Wolf, for $800 you can get almost the entire remaining 1st season Autobot cast in Masterpiece form (when they finally get made and released. :)
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526126)
Posted by daimchoc on October 26th, 2013 @ 11:33am CDT
Thread name change please.. This is Ultimetal Optimus Prime.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526138)
Posted by YRQRM0 on October 26th, 2013 @ 1:00pm CDT
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526141)
Posted by El Duque on October 26th, 2013 @ 1:15pm CDT
daimchoc wrote:Thread name change please.. This is Ultimetal Optimus Prime.

Done.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526142)
Posted by STngAR on October 26th, 2013 @ 1:49pm CDT
That's a nice looking figure, but not 800 bills nice. Plus it doesn't transform. Perfect if your into this type a figure.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526154)
Posted by gigazarak on October 26th, 2013 @ 3:36pm CDT
YRQRM0 wrote:Awesome. Looks like a stop-motion maker's dream figure, I love all the detail inside.

I never thought of it that way, but you're right, it would make for great stop mo' animation! But seriously, if I bought this, and that's a massive IF, I'd be too scared to touch it! I would just sit back and bask in the glory of it's awesomeness. If you see the way some guys do stop mo', they break apart the toy into it's component parts to achieve certain poses, I couldn't imagine breaking apart something this brilliant! :D
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526178)
Posted by MenaceRX on October 26th, 2013 @ 6:30pm CDT
That is a real thing of beauty, but 800 is just to rich for me, not that I wont spend 800 on TF's but I agree all the MP's for this year and next or one of those. Hmm I will just still with the MP line.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526197)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 26th, 2013 @ 8:08pm CDT
On the one hand, this looks beautiful. =P~
On the other hand, 800 bucks is too blood for my rich. :oops:
On another hand, the cut away parts look awesome. 8)
On another other hand, it's a Dreamwave design. >:oP

Dreamwave. >:oP
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526212)
Posted by Kapiko Customs on October 26th, 2013 @ 10:58pm CDT
Slash the price by 50%and I might consider buying it. But for $800.00 I can think of thousant things I'd rather buy.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526376)
Posted by Burn on October 27th, 2013 @ 3:11pm CDT
Anything off-topic will be deleted, if you have a problem with someone's post, use the "Report this Post" button, do NOT take it upon yourself to attack people over their posting style.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526565)
Posted by Crystiallic on October 28th, 2013 @ 10:52am CDT
Paint scratches already? Now I have another reason to talk myself out of buying this.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526592)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 28th, 2013 @ 1:55pm CDT
Hey guys, BBTS has their pre-orders up!
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526613)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 28th, 2013 @ 3:45pm CDT
First it's $800 and now its $1,300 :HEADHURTS:

Well, nobody's buying that from BBTS.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526615)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 28th, 2013 @ 4:28pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:First it's $800 and now its $1,300 :HEADHURTS:

Well, nobody's buying that from BBTS.

The $800 was the bare-bone converted price, without the meat of the import charges and profit margins. Mmmmmmmm, meat... =P~
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526642)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 28th, 2013 @ 6:19pm CDT
Only 135 left for preorder. If I hit the lottery sometime soon I shall get one.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526689)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 28th, 2013 @ 10:30pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Hey guys, BBTS has their pre-orders up!
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

To that price, I have only this to say:

Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526692)
Posted by njb902 on October 28th, 2013 @ 10:49pm CDT
I just pre-ordered one. The more I thought on it the more I wanted one for my office.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526778)
Posted by Uncommon on October 29th, 2013 @ 11:47am CDT
I hope your office is paying for it :)
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526854)
Posted by shockwave13 on October 29th, 2013 @ 10:48pm CDT
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526856)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 29th, 2013 @ 10:57pm CDT
shockwave13 wrote:I'm paying $800 or more for a figure that doesn't transform, yet it is a Transformer. Didn't Optimus Prime had a cosmotron?
In the cartoon, yeah, but this looks to be a Dreamwave design.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526870)
Posted by wewyllenium on October 30th, 2013 @ 12:14am CDT
the Optimus Prime Maquette did not transform yet it's very expensive. I'm not complaining about the price on this one. Though I just feel bad because my budget for toys is a 300 USD at max. Must make more money.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526917)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 30th, 2013 @ 7:52am CDT
Mkall wrote:There are people who will get this. I am not one of those.

I'm not one either. Pass go, save a lot of money. =;
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613304)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 12th, 2014 @ 12:43am CDT
Alfes2010 has tweeted a plethora of new in-hand images of the highly detailed 17" UM-01 Ultimetal Optimus Prime by Action Toys. This premium figure features lights and sounds as well as snap on armor and a premium price tag. Even if you can't own this beautiful figure, you can drool over the in- hand pics mirrored below.

Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613331)
Posted by MegaDump on October 12th, 2014 @ 5:56am CDT
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613352)
Posted by rockman_fan on October 12th, 2014 @ 7:46am CDT
holy crap. if the matrix is that big, this thing must be huge.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613359)
Posted by MegaDump on October 12th, 2014 @ 8:37am CDT
rockman_fan wrote:holy crap. if the matrix is that big, this thing must be huge.

Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613369)
Posted by Super Megatron on October 12th, 2014 @ 9:41am CDT
Meh. Not into overpriced Actionmasters.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613392)
Posted by Delta Magnus on October 12th, 2014 @ 12:37pm CDT
It's...beautiful!
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613397)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 12th, 2014 @ 12:58pm CDT
MegaDump wrote:

It is the same one, this thing is about two feet tall.
The price is due to the size and the fact that this is mostly diecast, plus heavy on paint.

Goddamn that thing just looks better with each pic, I wish I could aford him.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613405)
Posted by cramoptimus maximus on October 12th, 2014 @ 2:29pm CDT
Cant wait for the first review of this figure...

Thus far, it seems like the metal armor is limited to the arms, the front of the legs and hips... Im thinking that MP1 may have as much metal content as this figure does. If that is the case, then I dont think the price is justified... masterpiece voltron, 40th anniversary mazinger z and MP-1 seem like such a bargain comparing their price point at their time of release.

I wonder what an MP-1 like figure would cost nowadays if the masterpiece line had honored that much metal content and size in all of their figures, maybe it would cost $300-450 dollars, who knows...

Cool figure nevertheless, nice display stand. Nice box, kinda like 40th anniversary mazingers, big box with smaller boxes inside to keep the figure and armor and accesories separate and protected...

Very nice! :D
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613453)
Posted by shajaki on October 12th, 2014 @ 6:50pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
MegaDump wrote:My first thought was that there was a Matrix to go in his chest and another one to put on the display base... But if they are one and the same, you're right, this thing must be quite large. I could see how the huge price tag would start to make more sense if that was the case.
It is the same one, this thing is about two feet tall.

Goddamn that thing just looks better with each pic, I wish I could afford him.
ill second your "Goddam". i had no idea he was that big. what i love about this thing is: the glowing eyes and matrix, and the smokestacks... strange i know. but look at them!

Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613462)
Posted by RotorstormNZ on October 12th, 2014 @ 8:15pm CDT
It's crazy, it's huge, it speaks....sure I want one, but that price! Not to mention how insane shipping would be to New Zealand! I second the call for a review or three.

I had a hard enough time convincing my better half that I could get a Generations Metroplex from a friend at $X per pay!
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613509)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 13th, 2014 @ 1:50am CDT
MP-10 head, Revoltwch body? Wow and ouch!
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613514)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on October 13th, 2014 @ 3:21am CDT
MegaDump wrote:While he does look uncomfortably naked without all those panels snapped on, this is an amazingly nice and detailed looking figure. Unfortunately it's a deal-breaker for me... Any Transformer that can't actually transform is, for me, not really a Transformer, or worth collecting. Especially considering this thing's price tag.

Agree 100%, a transformer must transform... pass on this one too.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613787)
Posted by Deathsanras on October 14th, 2014 @ 5:17am CDT
His website has been updated with four entire galleries of the figure.

Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613900)
Posted by Kibble on October 14th, 2014 @ 1:42pm CDT
Deathsanras wrote:His website has been updated with four entire galleries of the figure.

Disagree. I bet big money if you had a real doll sitting in the same room it would draw way more attention than Terminator Prime...
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613904)
Posted by shajaki on October 14th, 2014 @ 1:48pm CDT
Kibble wrote:
Deathsanras wrote:Glad I ordered it. Looking forward to it. The engineering is amazing, the details are phenomenal, and it will immediately be the centrepiece of any room I put it into. Completely worth the $800 to me.
but... if you have ultimetal prime, who needs a real doll? :-?
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1613910)
Posted by Kibble on October 14th, 2014 @ 2:01pm CDT
But which has better articulation? Might need a video comparison review...
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys