Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime

Saturday, October 26th, 2013 9:44AM CDT

Categories: Collectables, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,283

Thanks to Artstorm's Official website have some beautiful images of the upcoming UM-1Unimetal Optimus Prime. This non-transforming highly detailed display piece boast a ton of awesome features:

• Display base that can also display the Matrix of Leadership
  • Remote control light and sound features
  • Moving faceplating when reciting lines
  • Lots of diecast
  • Removable outer skin to reveal his inner workings
  • Stands approximately 17 inches tall

On the downside, all this awesome comes in at wallet melting 78,000 Yen, or around $800.00 USD.

Credit(s): Artstorm
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526093)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 26th, 2013 @ 9:47am CDT
dragons wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:its cool but not $800 cool, i can think of far more better things to spend 800 bucks on. For the hell of it here are a few: a 40" 3d led tv or a 50" normal tv, a ps4 xbox one & games for both, a years supply of booze (ok maybe half a year), a high class escort or 3 mid class escorts, a used car, a months supply of gasoline. See far more better things to spend $800 on.

Where you shop you at 3d tvs 859 and up where I live some of them are sale nice but nice enough to buy could be little better bigger expensive size of robotech transformers I never got into that series

What did you mean about robotech?
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526111)
Posted by megatronus on October 26th, 2013 @ 11:03am CDT
I'm actually drooling.

This looks awesome.

I can't afford it.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526112)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 26th, 2013 @ 11:06am CDT
I didn't mean it literally. ;) He does look a lot like MP-10, and at the end of the day, even with all the gimmicks, this Ultimetal Prime is essentially a poseable statue. So is the MP-10, but it can transform into an awesome truck!
It's odd.

Wolf, for $800 you can get almost the entire remaining 1st season Autobot cast in Masterpiece form (when they finally get made and released. :)
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526126)
Posted by daimchoc on October 26th, 2013 @ 11:33am CDT
Thread name change please.. This is Ultimetal Optimus Prime.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526138)
Posted by YRQRM0 on October 26th, 2013 @ 1:00pm CDT
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526141)
Posted by El Duque on October 26th, 2013 @ 1:15pm CDT
daimchoc wrote:Thread name change please.. This is Ultimetal Optimus Prime.

Done.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526142)
Posted by STngAR on October 26th, 2013 @ 1:49pm CDT
That's a nice looking figure, but not 800 bills nice. Plus it doesn't transform. Perfect if your into this type a figure.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526154)
Posted by gigazarak on October 26th, 2013 @ 3:36pm CDT
YRQRM0 wrote:Awesome. Looks like a stop-motion maker's dream figure, I love all the detail inside.

I never thought of it that way, but you're right, it would make for great stop mo' animation! But seriously, if I bought this, and that's a massive IF, I'd be too scared to touch it! I would just sit back and bask in the glory of it's awesomeness. If you see the way some guys do stop mo', they break apart the toy into it's component parts to achieve certain poses, I couldn't imagine breaking apart something this brilliant! :D
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526178)
Posted by MenaceRX on October 26th, 2013 @ 6:30pm CDT
That is a real thing of beauty, but 800 is just to rich for me, not that I wont spend 800 on TF's but I agree all the MP's for this year and next or one of those. Hmm I will just still with the MP line.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526197)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 26th, 2013 @ 8:08pm CDT
On the one hand, this looks beautiful. =P~
On the other hand, 800 bucks is too blood for my rich. :oops:
On another hand, the cut away parts look awesome. 8)
On another other hand, it's a Dreamwave design. >:oP

Dreamwave. >:oP
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526212)
Posted by Kapiko Customs on October 26th, 2013 @ 10:58pm CDT
Slash the price by 50%and I might consider buying it. But for $800.00 I can think of thousant things I'd rather buy.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526376)
Posted by Burn on October 27th, 2013 @ 3:11pm CDT
Anything off-topic will be deleted, if you have a problem with someone's post, use the "Report this Post" button, do NOT take it upon yourself to attack people over their posting style.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526565)
Posted by Crystiallic on October 28th, 2013 @ 10:52am CDT
Paint scratches already? Now I have another reason to talk myself out of buying this.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526592)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 28th, 2013 @ 1:55pm CDT
Hey guys, BBTS has their pre-orders up!
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526613)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 28th, 2013 @ 3:45pm CDT
First it's $800 and now its $1,300 :HEADHURTS:

Well, nobody's buying that from BBTS.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526615)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 28th, 2013 @ 4:28pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:First it's $800 and now its $1,300 :HEADHURTS:

Well, nobody's buying that from BBTS.

The $800 was the bare-bone converted price, without the meat of the import charges and profit margins. Mmmmmmmm, meat... =P~
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526642)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 28th, 2013 @ 6:19pm CDT
Only 135 left for preorder. If I hit the lottery sometime soon I shall get one.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526689)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 28th, 2013 @ 10:30pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Hey guys, BBTS has their pre-orders up!
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

To that price, I have only this to say:

Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526692)
Posted by njb902 on October 28th, 2013 @ 10:49pm CDT
I just pre-ordered one. The more I thought on it the more I wanted one for my office.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526778)
Posted by Uncommon on October 29th, 2013 @ 11:47am CDT
I hope your office is paying for it :)
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526854)
Posted by shockwave13 on October 29th, 2013 @ 10:48pm CDT
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526856)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 29th, 2013 @ 10:57pm CDT
shockwave13 wrote:I'm paying $800 or more for a figure that doesn't transform, yet it is a Transformer. Didn't Optimus Prime had a cosmotron?
In the cartoon, yeah, but this looks to be a Dreamwave design.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526870)
Posted by wewyllenium on October 30th, 2013 @ 12:14am CDT
the Optimus Prime Maquette did not transform yet it's very expensive. I'm not complaining about the price on this one. Though I just feel bad because my budget for toys is a 300 USD at max. Must make more money.
Re: Official Images: UM-1 Ultimetal Optimus Prime (1526917)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 30th, 2013 @ 7:52am CDT
Mkall wrote:There are people who will get this. I am not one of those.

I'm not one either. Pass go, save a lot of money. =;
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars