Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team

Transformers News: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team

Sunday, June 9th, 2013 11:01PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,115

Takara Tomy's Transformers product line-up website has been updated with new official images of their upcoming Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner team of Gekisomaru (lion), Hishomaru, (phoenix) and Sensuimaru (shark). Like the Samurai team these guys can combine in three different ways to form a larger robot. Big thanks to Curt at site sponsor TFsource for pointing out this update. Pre-order yours here. Images mirrored below.

Re: New Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team Image

Re: New Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team Image

Re: New Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team Image

Re: New Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team Image

Re: New Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team Image

Re: New Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team Image

Re: New Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team Image
Credit(s): Takara Tomy
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494009)
Posted by RAcast on June 9th, 2013 @ 11:10pm CDT
El Duque wrote:...

Yup, definitely prefer the beastie squad. They may sacrifice a lot on the alt-mode side, but the robot modes are spot on. Frankly, it's kind of amusing that the beast modes look so weird. I wonder if you can swing the legs around give the phoenix(?) rocket boosters.
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494010)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 9th, 2013 @ 11:11pm CDT
These are all.. just.. so terrible.
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494011)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 9th, 2013 @ 11:15pm CDT
That was quick.

The same day we get a new pic of the Swordbot Samurai Team, we get three more pics from a different source of the Swordbot Shinobi Team.

Nice. 8)
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494012)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 9th, 2013 @ 11:15pm CDT
Craptacular! :APPLAUSE: :VEHI:
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494017)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 9th, 2013 @ 11:54pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
El Duque wrote:...

Yeah, Beast squad looks better. I like the shark thing the most. Still, what's with the awkward beast modes?

Were these guys designed by interns working on weekends? 8-} They just seem like such a step backward, engineering-wise. Or, on the other hand, I tip my hand for making such bold design decisions. :-?
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494018)
Posted by RAcast on June 10th, 2013 @ 12:03am CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
RAcast wrote:
El Duque wrote:...

Well, if you look back at the Super Link/Energon line's Autobot's, you can tell that these share a lot aesthetically with them, and that they combine in a similar fashion. It's not so much as a step backward in engineering as doing something they already know how to do. Kind of a shame they didn't improve on what they learned from the Super Link line. They definitely made the legs -too- long on the Samurai team. Ninja team looks fantastic and I can't wait to see more of them combined.

As for the weird altmode designs, I feel like the shark is definitely supposed to be a Shark-submarine...though I can't think of a good excuse for the other two. The lion is super deformed and the phoenix packed on the pounds for thanksgiving. :lol: Seriously though, I like them, and find their weird designs oddly endearing.
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494022)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 10th, 2013 @ 12:06am CDT

Apparently, they haven't seen these yet.
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494023)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 10th, 2013 @ 12:07am CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
RAcast wrote:
El Duque wrote:...

To be honest, it's hard to make a three-way combiner with individual modes. ;)
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494035)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 10th, 2013 @ 2:23am CDT
those are pretty bad, is there no hope left for this franchise?
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494036)
Posted by dedcat on June 10th, 2013 @ 2:47am CDT
These are so japanese. Very reminiscent of the old web diver/dai gander toys. I love that purple shark!
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494037)
Posted by craggy on June 10th, 2013 @ 2:48am CDT
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494046)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 10th, 2013 @ 4:31am CDT
Looks like I'll be passing on this combiner as well. Shame really. They look so awkward and detached from the rest of the PRIME/Go! line.
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494057)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on June 10th, 2013 @ 7:24am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
To be honest, it's hard to make a three-way combiner with individual modes. ;)

Magnaboss, Tripredacus and Rail Racer beg to differ ;)

TBH, these at least look better in robot mode and should look better combined. The beast modes are garbage save for the shark. What happened to Takara's designers?
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494060)
Posted by #Sideways# on June 10th, 2013 @ 7:29am CDT
Is it me, or does that bird-guy remind me of Doubledealer? Color him blue-purple and whammo, you got yourself a backstabbing powermaster.

Not sure how much I like the lion. Basically looks like you fold back the front paws, straighten the legs and fold down the lion head, revealing the robot head. Seems a bit simple. But then again, it is a combiner, after all...

I'm not sure what I think about these.
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494065)
Posted by guarayakha on June 10th, 2013 @ 8:42am CDT
You know, I wish they had decided the beast mode AFTER the initial concept because the lion looks like a porcupine, the phoenix might look better if they add 2 extra arms and turn it into a griffon, and the shark be repainted to be a Killer whale :lol:

But I like the fact that at least they have their combined mode heads integrated better than the vehicle team's giant head weapons.
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494070)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 10th, 2013 @ 8:50am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:You know what grinds my gears? People call the movie toys TINO. (Transformers In Name Only)

Apparently, they haven't seen these yet.

I do find it odd they look more like something that would come from Bandai and not Takara.

But at least they are not 2-fingered terminators with bird legs ;) (please everyone, that's a joke, there are a LOT of movie designs and toys I'm quite the fan of)
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494105)
Posted by RAcast on June 10th, 2013 @ 10:41am CDT
craggy wrote:now that we've seen proper pics of these and the vehicle boys, I gotta give it to the vehicles. I'm still amused by the fat shark, but its bot mode isn't all that and the lion looks a bit awkward in both modes. I like the phoenix though. maybe this one will look better in combined forms?

Nothing "happened" to them, the end result is clearly what they intended, going for something similar to Brave/GaoGaiGar/etc
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1494117)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 10th, 2013 @ 11:14am CDT
Lord Onixprime wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
To be honest, it's hard to make a three-way combiner with individual modes. ;)

Magnaboss, Tripredacus and Rail Racer beg to differ ;)

I'm talking about interchangeable positions. Those three only combined a certain way; these combine into three different configurations.
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1495254)
Posted by Delta Magnus on June 14th, 2013 @ 11:32am CDT
I'll reserve judgement on the combined mode until I actually see it.

The lion seems to have come out the strongest. The beast mode head is WAY too big, but that aside it looks good and the robot mode is good.

The shark is...interesting. Whilst I kinda dig the submarine vibe, it looks a bit weird, and I don't know if I like the robot mode.

The phoenix has a decent robot mode, but the beast mode looks like a turkey.

Still, they do look very well engineered at the very least.
Re: Official Images:Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Ninja Combiner Team (1496296)
Posted by El Duque on June 18th, 2013 @ 10:53am CDT
Courtesy of e-Hobby we have some updated official images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Go! Gekisomaru, Hisashimaru, and Sensuimaru otherwise known as the Swordbot Shinobi Team. These images give us our best looks to date of the trio including nice up close shots of the figure's faces. The team can combine in three different configurations to form a larger robot. Check out the new official images mirrored below:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers GALAXY FORCE OPTIMUS PRIME CYBERTRON RID Black Head Variant Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 46 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers 2003 Action Figure Armada Predacon+2 mini-con and Comic Book MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 52 minutes 50 seconds
Lot of Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Scavenger, Devastator, Prime Trailer - Time Remaining: 9 days 3 hours 40 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars AIRAZOR New MOSC Sealed - Time Remaining: 8 days 10 hours 33 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Alternity A-02 Nissan Fairlady Z Megatron Blade Silver - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 21 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Metroplex Toy Action Figure Circa 2005 - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 36 minutes 34 seconds
SPECIAL G1 Transformers POWERMASTER OPTIMUS PRIME CAB & TRAILER (only) - Time Remaining: 9 days 8 hours 17 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PRIME MEGATRON Robots In Disguise Voyager - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 8 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016