Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing

Sunday, September 22nd, 2013 4:04PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 23,441

Amazon has updated their out of stock listing with official pics including in-package images of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing. We also get a look at the exclusive comic covers included with each figure.

Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Autobot Skids

With no memory of his life before a few cycles ago, Autobot Skids finds himself with a rare opportunity. Not knowing who he is allows him to be anything he wants to be, and the firepower of his mysterious new blaster gives him the strength to follow through on any adventure he pursues.

Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Goldfire

His new armor may be resistant to the laser fire of the Decepticons, but beneath it, Goldfire is the same robot he’s always been. Once known as Bumblebee, he had the chance to lead Cybertron to a new golden age, but now it looks like that chance has passed. With all that he’s built seemingly collapsing around him, all Goldfire can do is keep fighting to save all that he can.

Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Waspinator

Finding himself in a world thousands of years distant from the one he once knew, Waspinator did the only thing he could – found someone strong and put himself under their command. Sure, he’s being manipulated. And sure, he’s getting blown to pieces just as regularly as he used to. But at least the guy he’s working for now knows how to put him back together properly

Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Dreadwing

Dreadwing long ago devoted all of the vast power at his command to the service of the Decepticons. So when Shockwave tells him about a critical experiment that will secure victory for the Decepticons once and for all, he follows without question – never suspecting the doom that awaits him.

Credit(s): Amazon.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519350)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 22nd, 2013 @ 4:09pm CDT
G2 :G2CON: on Dreadwing!

Waspinator looks so good I've now become torn as to whether stick with getting the Takara version like I decided on before or to just go with the Hasbro version.

Still going for Takara Rhinox, though. Brown rhino > charcoal rhino.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519351)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 4:09pm CDT
Holy crap, Dreadwing's comic and box even has the Generation 2-style Decepticon faction symbol! :KREMZEEK:

These can't get here fast enough. Hopefully they'll pull a Fall of Cybertron Soundwave & friends and release them a month earlier than predicted. :PRAY:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519353)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 22nd, 2013 @ 4:13pm CDT

LOVE that bit on Waspinator's bio :lol:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519356)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on September 22nd, 2013 @ 4:19pm CDT
Skids.. Yes indeed.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519365)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on September 22nd, 2013 @ 4:53pm CDT
Sold on Skids and Dreadwing! But is sucks that the Goldfire mold is not without flaw...or is it? I hope the paint apps aren't as horrid as BB. :VEHI:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519366)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 4:57pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:But is sucks that the Goldfire mold is not without flaw...or is it?

I'm completely skimping on Bumblebee purely for Goldbug. I already own the Classics Deluxe, and I still want this mold, just not as Bumblebee. [-(

And call me uber amounts of crazy, but I prefer the deco on the final product here than what we were shown at BotCon, with the orange-gold than the previous gold.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519368)
Posted by warzon3 on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:03pm CDT
I wonder if a Takara Skids will have a darker blue to be more G1?
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519369)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:07pm CDT

I believe this is a Sabrblade/JelZe-oriented question. ;)
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519374)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:14pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I read and reread Waspinator's bio again, and (forgive me of my ignorance to the comic continuity) I have to ask: is this Waspinator the very same Beast Wars character, and somehow entered the IDW Generation 1 continuity?

I believe this is a Sabrblade/JelZe-oriented question. ;)
It kinda looks like the bio was written to be some sort of unholy mishmash of the BW cartoon character and the IDW character in an attempt to synchronize with both iterations of the character, resulting in a very bizarre, nonsensical bio that otherwise ends up contradicting both versions of the guy.

Smooth, Hasbro. :roll:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519376)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I believe this is a Sabrblade/JelZe-oriented question. ;)

Smooth, Hasbro. :roll:

So it's an amalgam of both of them?

Well damn, here I was getting excited that is the straight-up character from the original show. :-(
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519378)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:27pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I believe this is a Sabrblade/JelZe-oriented question. ;)

Smooth, Hasbro. :roll:

So it's an amalgam of both of them?

Just ignore the nonsensical bio and use the toy for whichever version you want, since the IDW character pretty much uses the design of the cartoon character straight up. :-B
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519379)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I believe this is a Sabrblade/JelZe-oriented question. ;)

Smooth, Hasbro. :roll:

So it's an amalgam of both of them?

I was going to anyway. Already did it to Fall of Cybertron Starscream. :lol:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519383)
Posted by Manterax Prime on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:39pm CDT
They're all good but Waspinator looks the best.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519386)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:49pm CDT

2) I hope Waspinator's head doesn't show in alt form like in the pic above. Seems like it should be tucked away, but I've seen awkward Hasbro engineering like that before, so... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519387)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:53pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:1) Goldbug Goldfire is a horrible shade of... stone? I don't know what that is. I might take him apart and repaint him proper. :BANG_HEAD:

"Proper"?

Compared to this:

He's perfect just as is, to me.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519390)
Posted by Nekoman on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:04pm CDT
I've had trouble deciding what I think on Skids. I like the figure and I'm glad he's getting an update, though the legs don't look so good here.

Goldbug looks awesome. I liked the look of the new IDW Bumblebee they made, but I just don't want anymore of that character. This fits in my collection tons better.

G2 Dreadwing is the winner of the wave for me. I like this mold so much better like this than as Megatron, and I take any G2 I can get. The only thing that would make him cooler is if you could mount his cannon on his shoulder.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519393)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:10pm CDT
Because I can:

Nekoman wrote:The only thing that would make him cooler is if you could mount his cannon on his shoulder.

Get to it, third party groups. >:oP
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519395)
Posted by Blurrz on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:19pm CDT
Can't wait to paint up this Skids
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519397)
Posted by rdrunr89 on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:24pm CDT
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519398)
Posted by Optimutt on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:31pm CDT
Holy carp!

Has anyone else noticed that the art for these 4 were done by none other than the legendary Alan Davis?!? How the heck did Hasbro manage to get him to do that?
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519400)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:33pm CDT
rdrunr89 wrote:If anyone got the little flyer from Walmart in Sundays paper, they show a picture of Skids and Dreadwing on the flyer.

Mind if you upload an image of it? We'd love to write up a news article on it.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519405)
Posted by Seibertron on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:45pm CDT
Interesting that I can't get these to pull up in Amazon.com's search. I keep searching for the Beast Hunters Weaponizers to no avail.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519406)
Posted by Seibertron on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:46pm CDT
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519407)
Posted by Henry921 on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:50pm CDT
Well, I had doubts about Goldbug before. Now? What the hell, I'll take it.

Getting that entire wave.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519410)
Posted by Superwheeljack on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:57pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:It's also interesting that the "gold" colored plastic on "Goldfire" somehow looks much better than the gold colored plastic used on Linkin Park Soundwave.

Maybe because two designers at Hasbro thought
"Man, we failed on that thrilling thirty bee, and kids might think he's terrible so they won't buy him. Lets put a new head on, and use that really really expensive gold on him and call him Goldfire!" The other designer might boom back saying "But that gold is for that linkin park Soundwave!" The first guy replied "Yeah, but more kids would buy a gold bumblebee rather than a gold Soundwave"

Which made the fans :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519422)
Posted by megatronus on September 22nd, 2013 @ 7:40pm CDT
I love ALL of these figures.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen the first wave in person. But outside of Orion Pax, all these guys look better than any of those guys. =P~

In a word: WASPINATOR!!! :PREDACON:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519443)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 22nd, 2013 @ 9:11pm CDT
i want them all but unless hasbro starts making quality products again im just getting waspinator, possibly goldbug if theres a buy 1 get one 50% off.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519450)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 22nd, 2013 @ 10:04pm CDT

You mean this?

Full ad available on this link: http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/Bro ... ViewMode=2 (Must press View Toys) to see it. Third ad in.)
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519455)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 10:23pm CDT
Seibertron.com member rdrunr89 dropped by to let us know about an ad placed by Wal*Mart. What could be so special about this ad, you ask? Well, this one advertises the upcoming releases of Generations: Thrilling 30 Dreadwing and Autobot Skids! Among other Transformers products shown are Construct-Bots Triplechangers Blitzwing and Bumblebee and the Scout-sized Starscream and Ironhide sets. The image has been mirrored below for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519458)
Posted by xyl360 on September 22nd, 2013 @ 10:44pm CDT
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519463)
Posted by TimothyR on September 22nd, 2013 @ 11:12pm CDT
it would be nice if we didn't have to wait so long for these to hit the shelves.

this holiday season is going to truly suck (retail transformers wise) unless these hit stores early.

i think the only thing most people are waiting to see is wave 5 of beast hunters.. after that.. i don't think there is anything new until the next wave of generations in january (besides legends swerve and cosmos)

i hate how hasbro handles the holiday season.. i understand that they want to get rid of the stuff that's been sitting in stores forever.. it's annoying.

oh well. at least masterpiece prowl and bluestreak will be getting released in the meantime.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519465)
Posted by warzon3 on September 22nd, 2013 @ 11:18pm CDT
Yeah I'm really curious what the Takara Skids will look like.

If Takara is darker, and closer to G1 I might think about picking him up.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519468)
Posted by Mkall on September 22nd, 2013 @ 11:35pm CDT
I want all of these figures. Right now.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519470)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 11:38pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I want all of these figures. Right now.

You and me both. I needed these yesterday! :x
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519474)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 22nd, 2013 @ 11:51pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:Yep, definitely getting the domestic and import releases of Waspy. I'll skip Skids and just get Takara's version, that light blue plastic just doesn't look right. I'm passing on the rest unless Takara does something truly spectacular/different with the decos.
But this one's blue is comic-accurate. ;)
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519476)
Posted by paul053 on September 23rd, 2013 @ 12:12am CDT
I wonder can Skids swing his arms side by side? Because from the pictures don't look like he has the space and the joint to do so.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519478)
Posted by T-Macksimus on September 23rd, 2013 @ 12:18am CDT
Ad good thru the 28th and when is my pay day? The 1st!! And whose power steering pump went out on his car tonight? That would be me!

Fate... you are one cruel bi**h!! :-x
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519488)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on September 23rd, 2013 @ 2:11am CDT

What does one call a group of Waspinator? A colony? A scrapyard?
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519490)
Posted by Manterax Prime on September 23rd, 2013 @ 2:27am CDT
Twitchythe3rd wrote:Waspinator will join his buddies BW Waspinator and Animated Waspinator on the shelf.

What does one call a group of Waspinator? A colony? A scrapyard?

The Three Stooges! :grin:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519492)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 23rd, 2013 @ 2:39am CDT
so are these 2 in wave 1 cause i havent seen any of the 30th anniversary deluxes yet. Ive been to 2 targets & 2 walmarts on a regular basis & target has their exclusives only & walmart has nothing. I did notice that the TF section in walmart shrank though. But anyway Megatron is the only one im looking for & im going to be pretty pissed if i cant find him cause the stores decided to skip a wave.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519495)
Posted by xyl360 on September 23rd, 2013 @ 2:47am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
But this one's blue is comic-accurate. ;)

Dude, there's a picture of the comic side-by-side with the toy in this very thread. Unless there's something severely wrong with my monitor's color config that magically makes flat deep blues look like bright almost fluorescent blues when applied to plastic, then it is definitely NOT comic accurate:
I bet you can't grab a single shade of blue between the two images and have their RGB values match. In fact, I bet they won't even be shades of the same blue at all.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519503)
Posted by Mykltron on September 23rd, 2013 @ 5:52am CDT
Suddenly I'm concerned that Skids has almost no shoulder articulation....
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519505)
Posted by rdrunr89 on September 23rd, 2013 @ 6:10am CDT

Autobot032 - Thanks for adding the picture.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519506)
Posted by rdrunr89 on September 23rd, 2013 @ 6:12am CDT

Autobot032 - Thanks for adding the picture.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519510)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 23rd, 2013 @ 7:01am CDT
xyl360 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
But this one's blue is comic-accurate. ;)

And yet, inside the pages of IDW's comic issues themselves, he (along with every single character currently in MTMTE) has washed out, faded colors like this toy does:

The colors of that cover you posted are too dark.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519511)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 23rd, 2013 @ 7:05am CDT
rdrunr89 wrote:Mindmaster - Thanks for the credits. Sorry I didn't get back to post a picture. Was busy watching the Bears whip the Steelers. :lol:

Autobot032 - Thanks for adding the picture.

Not a problem, that's what we're here for!
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519516)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 23rd, 2013 @ 8:06am CDT
Wait, so when are these guys coming out, because I wasn't expecting them until 2014.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519519)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 23rd, 2013 @ 8:12am CDT
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519520)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 23rd, 2013 @ 8:14am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:So is Goldfire going to be Bumblebee or the separate Goldbug that is running around the IDW universe. (I read the bio, but I can't help but wonder what's in the IDW comic)
He's Bumblebee. Bee recently got upgraded into this form but kept his "Bumblebee" name. Goldbug's still his own dude.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519523)
Posted by sabrigami on September 23rd, 2013 @ 8:28am CDT
I wish this was sign that these guys were hitting the shelves soon, but that's just wishful thinking. More likely than not these guys won't be about until next year :(

For those wondering about Skids' shoulder articulation, I think in the picture they are mistransformed. They don't even look like they've been unpegged from his sides to me. I have a feeling that they'll pull out farther than that. Hasbro never shows off the best from their figures. 9 times out of 10 they are transformed wrong. Wait until people have it in hand before calling it

Click here to view an additional 26 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction