Transformers News: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing

Sunday, September 22nd, 2013 4:04PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 27,798

Amazon has updated their out of stock listing with official pics including in-package images of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing. We also get a look at the exclusive comic covers included with each figure.

Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Autobot Skids

With no memory of his life before a few cycles ago, Autobot Skids finds himself with a rare opportunity. Not knowing who he is allows him to be anything he wants to be, and the firepower of his mysterious new blaster gives him the strength to follow through on any adventure he pursues.

Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Goldfire

His new armor may be resistant to the laser fire of the Decepticons, but beneath it, Goldfire is the same robot he’s always been. Once known as Bumblebee, he had the chance to lead Cybertron to a new golden age, but now it looks like that chance has passed. With all that he’s built seemingly collapsing around him, all Goldfire can do is keep fighting to save all that he can.

Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Waspinator

Finding himself in a world thousands of years distant from the one he once knew, Waspinator did the only thing he could – found someone strong and put himself under their command. Sure, he’s being manipulated. And sure, he’s getting blown to pieces just as regularly as he used to. But at least the guy he’s working for now knows how to put him back together properly

Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Dreadwing

Dreadwing long ago devoted all of the vast power at his command to the service of the Decepticons. So when Shockwave tells him about a critical experiment that will secure victory for the Decepticons once and for all, he follows without question – never suspecting the doom that awaits him.

Credit(s): Amazon.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519350)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 22nd, 2013 @ 4:09pm CDT
G2 :G2CON: on Dreadwing!

Waspinator looks so good I've now become torn as to whether stick with getting the Takara version like I decided on before or to just go with the Hasbro version.

Still going for Takara Rhinox, though. Brown rhino > charcoal rhino.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519351)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 4:09pm CDT
Holy crap, Dreadwing's comic and box even has the Generation 2-style Decepticon faction symbol! :KREMZEEK:

These can't get here fast enough. Hopefully they'll pull a Fall of Cybertron Soundwave & friends and release them a month earlier than predicted. :PRAY:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519353)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 22nd, 2013 @ 4:13pm CDT
[quote]And sure, he’s getting blown to pieces just as regularly as he used to. But at least the guy he’s working for now knows how to put him back together properly[/quote]

LOVE that bit on Waspinator's bio :lol:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519356)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on September 22nd, 2013 @ 4:19pm CDT
Skids.. Yes indeed.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519365)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on September 22nd, 2013 @ 4:53pm CDT
Sold on Skids and Dreadwing! But is sucks that the Goldfire mold is not without flaw...or is it? I hope the paint apps aren't as horrid as BB. :VEHI:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519366)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 4:57pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:But is sucks that the Goldfire mold is not without flaw...or is it?

I'm completely skimping on Bumblebee purely for Goldbug. I already own the Classics Deluxe, and I still want this mold, just not as Bumblebee. [-(

And call me uber amounts of crazy, but I prefer the deco on the final product here than what we were shown at BotCon, with the orange-gold than the previous gold.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519368)
Posted by warzon3 on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:03pm CDT
I wonder if a Takara Skids will have a darker blue to be more G1?
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519369)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:07pm CDT

I believe this is a Sabrblade/JelZe-oriented question. ;)
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519374)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:14pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I read and reread Waspinator's bio again, and (forgive me of my ignorance to the comic continuity) I have to ask: is this Waspinator the very same Beast Wars character, and somehow entered the IDW Generation 1 continuity?

I believe this is a Sabrblade/JelZe-oriented question. ;)
It kinda looks like the bio was written to be some sort of unholy mishmash of the BW cartoon character and the IDW character in an attempt to synchronize with both iterations of the character, resulting in a very bizarre, nonsensical bio that otherwise ends up contradicting both versions of the guy.

Smooth, Hasbro. :roll:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519376)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I believe this is a Sabrblade/JelZe-oriented question. ;)

Smooth, Hasbro. :roll:

So it's an amalgam of both of them?

Well damn, here I was getting excited that is the straight-up character from the original show. :-(
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519378)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:27pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I believe this is a Sabrblade/JelZe-oriented question. ;)

Smooth, Hasbro. :roll:

So it's an amalgam of both of them?

Just ignore the nonsensical bio and use the toy for whichever version you want, since the IDW character pretty much uses the design of the cartoon character straight up. :-B
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519379)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I believe this is a Sabrblade/JelZe-oriented question. ;)

Smooth, Hasbro. :roll:

So it's an amalgam of both of them?

I was going to anyway. Already did it to Fall of Cybertron Starscream. :lol:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519383)
Posted by Manterax Prime on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:39pm CDT
They're all good but Waspinator looks the best.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519386)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:49pm CDT

2) I hope Waspinator's head doesn't show in alt form like in the pic above. Seems like it should be tucked away, but I've seen awkward Hasbro engineering like that before, so... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519387)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:53pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:1) [strike]Goldbug[/strike] Goldfire is a horrible shade of... stone? I don't know what that is. I might take him apart and repaint him proper. :BANG_HEAD:

"Proper"?

Compared to this:

He's perfect just as is, to me.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519390)
Posted by Nekoman on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:04pm CDT
I've had trouble deciding what I think on Skids. I like the figure and I'm glad he's getting an update, though the legs don't look so good here.

Goldbug looks awesome. I liked the look of the new IDW Bumblebee they made, but I just don't want anymore of that character. This fits in my collection tons better.

G2 Dreadwing is the winner of the wave for me. I like this mold so much better like this than as Megatron, and I take any G2 I can get. The only thing that would make him cooler is if you could mount his cannon on his shoulder.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519393)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:10pm CDT
Because I can:

Nekoman wrote:The only thing that would make him cooler is if you could mount his cannon on his shoulder.

Get to it, third party groups. >:oP
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519395)
Posted by Anonymous. on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:19pm CDT
Can't wait to paint up this Skids
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519397)
Posted by rdrunr89 on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:24pm CDT
If anyone got the little flyer from Walmart in Sundays paper, they show a picture of Skids and Dreadwing on the flyer.
Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing (1519398)
Posted by Optimutt on September 22nd, 2013 @ 6:31pm CDT
Holy carp!

Has anyone else noticed that the art for these 4 were done by none other than the legendary Alan Davis?!? How the heck did Hasbro manage to get him to do that?

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem