Transformers News: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction

Tuesday, May 20th, 2014 10:54AM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 22,688

Our friends at Paramount just sent us a brand new official Transformers Age of Extinction poster. The latest poster features a kneeling Optimus Prime with his sword. Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg), Tessa Yeager (Nicola Peltz) and Shane Dyson (Jack Reynor) are in the foreground. You can download the fullsize poster by clicking on the link or image below. Enjoy!

This is not war, it's extinction
Download the official Transformers: Age of Extinction poster

TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION is the fourth film in director Michael Bay’s global blockbuster franchise. Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Li Bingbing , Kelsey Grammer, Sophia Myles, T. J. Miller, Nicola Peltz, Jack Reynor and Titus Welliver star. The film begins after an epic battle that left a great city torn, but with the world saved. As humanity picks up the pieces, a shadowy group reveals itself in an attempt to control the direction of history… while an ancient, powerful new menace sets Earth in its crosshairs. With help from a new cast of humans, Optimus Prime (voiced by Peter Cullen) and the Autobots rise to meet their most fearsome challenge yet. In an incredible adventure, they are swept up in a war of good and evil, ultimately leading to a climactic battle across the world.

Transformers: Age of Extinction is in theaters 06.27.14

Official site: TransformersMovie.com
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/transformersmovie
Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/transformers

#Transformers

Fans can tweet using #TransformersPremiere for a chance to win a trip for two to the world premiere in Hong Kong to see the film and and watch Imagine Dragons perform live on June 19. For official rules: http://www.transformersmovie.com/Twitte ... lRules.pdf
Credit(s): Paramount Pictures

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1575760)
Posted by acchillyaout on May 20th, 2014 @ 11:32am CDT
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1575761)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 20th, 2014 @ 11:42am CDT
TimothyR wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:I think I know why the buildings behind Crosshairs are blue. I thought about this a while ago, but never remembered to post about it until now. If that scene takes place in Chicago, and the story is set only 4 years after DOTM, it's reasonable to assume the humans are still repairing the damage done from the Decepticon invasion. Maybe they're just still working on those buildings and placed a sheet of giant blue plastic over them.

okay.. i'm not sure if you're the same person who commented about this before on another site when the first trailer came out.. or if this is really your first post anywhere about it..

the one building is just colored that way.. the light blue part of the building that's more to the center is common scaffolding netting.

and no, this does not take place in chicago.. cities are constantly renovating buildings and using this netting..

green seems to be more common.. but there are several different colors of this netting.

I think this is the first time I've ever said anything about it. And in every shot of that areal chase scene, it looks a lot like Chicago, to me. I'm pretty sure it is Chicago.
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1575763)
Posted by Seibertron on May 20th, 2014 @ 11:43am CDT
acchillyaout wrote:I am loving these posters and they are really hyping me up. Reading some of the comments on this webpage elude to a seismic shift in the feelings the majority of haters exude toward the previous 3 films. It's comforting to see them so excited about Dinobots and that they are finally jumping on the Transformer Movie-verse bandwagon. And I say to them, "Better late than never." I've never seen a more nit-picky fan base ready to rip something or someone ( :michaelbay: ) to shreds when they are doing more good for the franchise branding than any other Transformer incarnation since G1.

It's unfortunate that people are so judgemental about these movies or, for that matter, anything new with the Transformers franchise. I find it fascinating to watch the behavioral patterns that emerge and stay so consistent with each new iteration of the Transformers franchise. Unfortunately, the Internet seems like it can bring out the worst and most negative in some people. At least this isn't a political website ... those sites have some of the most abysmal and negative reactions from people.
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1575764)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 20th, 2014 @ 11:45am CDT
Seibertron wrote:At least this isn't a political website ... those sites have some of the most abysmal and negative reactions from people.

Lord Almighty, tell me about it. I get a brain-ache every time I look through the comments at some sites.
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1575865)
Posted by #Sideways# on May 20th, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

I agree. I like to say that Transformers... Transform, and it isn't within our rights to be mad about how they change. It's what they do -- let them do what they do. Besides -- I've always liked the Bay movies (Save ROTF -- Even Bay said that movie was bad) and I thought that they brought a much-needed dark tone to the series, and I was ultimately glad to see that carried over to Prime and other bits of media.

And I agree with your notion about the political websites. I'm somewhat tuned to politics, and I can personally attest to the fact that people call you out and try to flame you for having an opinion that doesn't line up with their pride. Either way.

This is not to say I am not unhappy about the designs. I'm not too in love with how they've modified Prime's alternate mode, nor his robot form. I loved the prior mode for him, and that shiny, triple-smoke-stacked, arguably-worse-than-Peterbilt Truck is at the point of my disdain for the moment. I guess it will be like Mega Mewtwo Y and warm up to me over time. But I dunno. The robot mode looks cool -- don't get me wrong -- but I'll wait and see how I feel about it on-screen as Optimus.
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1575869)
Posted by Thalack on May 20th, 2014 @ 7:04pm CDT
#Sideways# wrote:..and I can personally attest to the fact that people call you out and try to flame you for having an opinion that doesn't line up with their pride.

And this is the crap I hate, right there. Everyone has their opinion. Some people think the new movies suck, some think its ok, others love it (that's me). But man, try to interject your opinion in a discussion and suddenly you get flamed and called a troll.

I had an incident like that on another TF forum that will go unnamed. There was a forum topic asking who liked what iteration of transformers and why, and which one didn't you like and why. Well I gave my likes and dislikes. One of my dislikes is beast wars, I've just never been able to get into it. The next post is someone replying to me saying I'm trolling, followed by a few flames and then wrapped up with the statement, "You must be one of those geewun truck not monk assholes"

And it threw me for a loop, considering about every incarnation of transformers, by the time I posted, had at least 1 person posting they liked it and 1 who didn't like it. And that's one of the reason why I try to only read that forum (as long as I don't get a headache lol) and rarely say anything on there anymore. Unless I'm praising something. But even then I've been flamed over there for liking certain things i.e. the bay movie.
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1575880)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on May 20th, 2014 @ 8:24pm CDT
Apparently, nobody can find new poses for Optimus. :roll:
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1575927)
Posted by noctorro on May 20th, 2014 @ 11:48pm CDT
Who needs more poses when he has one like that :)

Agreed with the whole, -lets shoot down something as hard as we can but don't want negative comments so I'll place it under the "it's my opinion"- thing that's going on on the forums.

Dislikers seem to be the loudest on the webz somehow.

Me, I like the movie trilogy, even ROTF and find that it has a lot of flaws. But imho has the best battle scene so far. Maybe AOE can top that, I don't know.
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1576093)
Posted by VirusCarnage on May 21st, 2014 @ 3:14pm CDT
New TV spot

Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1576103)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 21st, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
Whoa, whoa, whoa. How many TV spots are they putting up!? Has anyone see this one yet!? Because I haven't.
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1576137)
Posted by El Duque on May 21st, 2014 @ 6:58pm CDT
We have to new Transformers: Age of Extinction TV spots to share, both of which have snipets of new footage. The first comes to us from the Transformers: Age of Extinction YouTube account, and is title Faith. The second was uploaded by CBMTrailers. Check 'em out embedded below:

Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1576141)
Posted by Deadput on May 21st, 2014 @ 7:07pm CDT
Ratchet?!

God those humans are really bringing the propain this time.

This is going to be a sad scene.
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1576163)
Posted by ILL-Star on May 21st, 2014 @ 9:20pm CDT
I don't mean to exaggerate my feelings here, but I am a little sick over how they seem to be promoting the worst for Ratchet. I understand that they need to make room for more characters, but Ratchet has basically become the third most prominent Autobot in Transformers media. It really seems terrible that they'd do that to him. I'm anticipating the worst. But until we hear or see anything official regarding his fate, its still open.

Whatever happens, I'll accept it. Fiction doesn't die. :D
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1576165)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 21st, 2014 @ 9:31pm CDT
poor ratchet. i hope he makes it. but i know he wont.
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1576166)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 21st, 2014 @ 9:34pm CDT
ILL-Star wrote:but Ratchet has basically become the third most prominent Autobot in Transformers media.
Not true for this Ratchet. This Ratchet's a nobody, as far as his screentime in these movies go.

Not all Ratchet's are equal, lest you also consider the following Ratchet to be an important character:

;)
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1576192)
Posted by Deadput on May 21st, 2014 @ 10:44pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

;)

Animated

Wfc Foc

Prime

Movies.
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1576195)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 21st, 2014 @ 10:50pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:He means in recent times Ratchet is the third most used Autobot besides Optimus and Bumblebee in tv shows, comics and game these days like for example.
I know what he means, and I'm saying that just because a character gets used doesn't always mean that their use makes them important.

Case in point, the movies had a Ratchet who was of little importance outside of two scenes: 1) Explaining Bumblebee vocal condition in the first movie, and 2) attaching Jetfire's parts onto Optimus in ROTF.
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1576212)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 21st, 2014 @ 11:50pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

And helping Optimus retrieve Sentinel in DOTM. He also told the humans to mortar the space bridge. Which means there probably wouldn't have been as many explosions during Optimus's rage mode scene. Which would have disappointed me.
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1576215)
Posted by Deadput on May 21st, 2014 @ 11:57pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Yeah i agree with you in Rotf but the first movie had some good scenes with him and Dotm had a slightly bigger role for him kinda and he does somewhat act like a medic when him and prime go to the moon for sentinel and he explains Sentinel's levels are faint.
Re: Official "It's Not War, It's Extinction" Poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction (1576234)
Posted by Bluespindash97 on May 22nd, 2014 @ 2:59am CDT
'A greater threat dawns'
It always does Optimus, it always does
Also Why does Ratchet always die in these trailers, is it the most interesting bit of the film or what?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers - Combiner Wars - Menasor - 6 Figure Boxed Set - Mint - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 39 minutes 58 seconds
DW 2002 HOLOGRAM CHROME FOIL TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #1 OPTIMUS PRIME LOT OF 6(C1) - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 44 minutes 30 seconds
Takara Transformers Armada Micron MC-03 Hot Shot Rod with Jolt Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 1 minute 34 seconds
TRANSFORMERS: 2005 BOTCON EXCLUSIVE FLAMEWAR SEALED IN BAGGIE - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 2 minutes 21 seconds
TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS STARSCREAM 10" ACTION FIGURE (2014, HASBRO, NEW) - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 18 minutes 16 seconds
CM's Transformers Super-god Masterforce Gutto kuru Figure Collection Ginrai New - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 20 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers (RID) Super Class Optimus Prime (Gun & Missiles Only) - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 51 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers ROTF Leader Class  Jetfire (Launcher & Missile Only) - Time Remaining: 17 days 17 hours 51 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016