Transformers News: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw

Monday, March 4th, 2013 2:51PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 40,926

Last month, Hasbro announced at Toyfair 2013 that they would be releasing Masterpiece Soundwave along with 5 of his Cassette minions. Just a few moments ago, Hasbro sent us official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Rumble, Frenzy, and Ravage. Check out the pictures below, which have been added to our massive Toyfair 2013 galleries.

Credit(s): Hasbro
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469045)
Posted by Seibertron on March 4th, 2013 @ 2:53pm CST
Last month, Hasbro announced at Toyfair 2013 that they would be releasing Masterpiece Acid Storm. Just a few moments ago, Hasbro sent us official product images of Masterpiece Acid Storm, which have been added to our massive Toyfair 2013 galleries.

Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469046)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 4th, 2013 @ 2:54pm CST
AAAAAAWESOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!

Aside from the yellow visor and maybe darker chest window, Soundwave barely looks any different from the Takara version. Well done, Hasbro, well done! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

And, great gooey gumdrops, Acid Storm looks sa-weet! A nice halfway point compromise between his show deco and Universe toy deco. 8)
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469049)
Posted by Henry921 on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:02pm CST
Acid Storm: Oh god, they're really making it. Well, at least the deco's stylish.

Soundwave: Beautiful. I will claim it and keep it locked away forever, alongside my TRU Prime. Forever will I have these great characters for posterity. Five cassettes is a hell of an included accessory, but I hope we get the Megatron pistol with this one too.
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469054)
Posted by megatronus on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:12pm CST
Is Ravage actually smaller than the other minions in cassette mode, or are those pics misleading? From everything I've seen, they're the same size, but those pics threw me off.

Bummed by the yellow visor, but it's not the worst thing in the world. What I'm really concerned about is the matte grey color he seems to have. I can see Hasbro skimping on the silver paint, so I'm interested to see additional pics confirming this either way.

Acid Storm looks pretty good, outside of the green eyes (and mis-transformed wings)... looks like his head is getting swapped with an alt mode Thundercracker! Just hope an MP-11 molded Skywarp's in the pipeline, and my Seeker army will be close to completion (barring the coneheads, of course)!

:CON:
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469057)
Posted by Rated X on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:13pm CST
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469060)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:18pm CST
I think I might be the only one that sees it but, the deco on acid storms wings kinda look like the minecraft creeper textures. :-?

However on the Subject of MP Soundwave, Soooooooo much want :BOWDOWN:
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469062)
Posted by dragons on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:22pm CST
not sure how i feel about yellow eyes on him i would have perferd red eyes on soundwave
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469063)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:23pm CST
I impulse bought Takara's Soundwave .... seems like a poor choice since this'll be cheaper AND comes with all the cassettes. Still ... yellow eyes? Uh, this is cartoon based, Hasbro. Of course yellow eyes shouldn't be a deal breaker when the alternative's so pricy.
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469066)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:23pm CST
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469067)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:24pm CST
Rated X wrote:Why did they have to make the paintjob so Hasbroish ? Couldnt they just keep it G1 like everything else from the MP line ?
How do you mean? Soundwave looks very G1 to me.

And Acid Storm has had two notable decos, and this one is a fair halfway point compromise between each.
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469069)
Posted by Kapiko Customs on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:25pm CST
Can't wait! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469071)
Posted by Cyberpath on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:25pm CST
Oh no, yellow eyes are a deal-breaker to me. :\

I was so looking forward to this one...

Hasbro did an impeccable job with MP-10's eyes, why did they drop the ball with MP-13's?

Is it absolutely its final look?
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469076)
Posted by Kapiko Customs on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:34pm CST
Yellow eyes? No problem! My trusty airbrush is already happily shaking with anticipation ! :grin:
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469077)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:35pm CST

*AHEM* Considering this deco makes Soundwave accurate to not only the original toy, but the UK comics as well, Hasbro technically kept this more G1 than the takara MP, which was only accurate to the G1 cartoon. The abbreviations relevant to his kids, therefore, go without saying. ;)

Unless they worked in an eye-color-change feature, like MP Grimlock? Yeah, didn't think so. This is gonna' force me to get the Takara version down the road as well, since I love Soundwave so.
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469078)
Posted by Seibertron on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:35pm CST
Cyberpath wrote:Oh no, yellow eyes are a deal-breaker to me. :\

I was so looking forward to this one...

Is it absolutely its final look?

Not sure ... I sent an email to Hasbro's PR company to see if they can confirm one way or another if he will have yellow (toy accurate) or red (cartoon accurate) eyes. I know a lot of you were hoping for red eyes.

I was hoping for yellow since I've got Takara Tomy's version. Kudos Hasbro!
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469079)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:40pm CST
Yeah, I'm okay with yellow eyes. I like red, but yellow's fine too. I loved Marvel UK Soundwave as a character and this toy will do nicely.

By comparison, Cartoon Soundwave was a hollow, empty shell of a character. :P
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469081)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:43pm CST
Oh c'mon guys, a much less expensive MP Soundwave and there is grumbling over the color of eyes? 8-} I simply see it as a true homage to the G1 and that's not bad.

What would be perfect is if there is a Grimlock gimmick and the eyes can switch color...just pure bad-ass! :VEHI:
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469083)
Posted by #Sideways# on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:45pm CST
Well... I actually like this. It is pretty... Sweet looking. Kind of sad that there isn't any erosion on the wings like FrenzyRumble did. That thing looked sweet. But this is cool, too, especially since I like the character.
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469084)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:46pm CST
Already got the Takara Soundwave, but this looks cool too. Glad I got the red-eyed one. ;) I wouldn't be suprised if Hasbro skimps on silver paint though.

Acid Storm is and always has been an easy pass for me, I'm just not interested in the character. The digital camo looks kinda cool though.
Re: Official product images of Masterpiece Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw (1469085)
Posted by #Sideways# on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:48pm CST
Those eyes... I am not sure, but I think I... like the yellow eyes. Much more reminiscent of the original toy, however Soundwave has red eyes in the cartoon, which is what this is supposed to be an homage to. Either way, I really want this.

Now.

Ending Soon On eBay

HASBRO TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS LEADER SKYWARP ROBOT TRUCK ACTION FIGURES TOY - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 33 minutes 22 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE SKYWARP MISB HASBRO (2009) MP-6 FAST SHIP & TRACK SALES - Time Remaining: 6 days 14 hours 48 minutes 35 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME 3C ACTION FIGURES TOY - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 6 minutes 23 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-04 Devastator Constructicons - Time Remaining: 29 days 22 hours 39 minutes 42 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS ADVENTURE TAV25 Decepticon Runabout Action Figure MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 29 minutes 4 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF FALLEN DESERT TRACKER RATCHET ACTION FIGURES TOY - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 29 minutes 39 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS JETFIRE LEADER CLASS ROBOT ACTION FIGURES TOY - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 48 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Grimlock Spinning Mace! Hasbro Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 44 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory