Transformers News: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe

Thursday, April 10th, 2014 4:30PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 21,000

Once again, Hound Meta has shared an image on The Ragin Nation Facebook page, and this time, it's an in-package promotional image of another Transformers: Age of Extinction Dino Sparker set - Bumblebee riding the two-headed, blue-coloured Dinobot Strafe. Check out the mirrored image below.

Credit(s): Ragin Nation
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564285)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 10th, 2014 @ 4:34pm CDT
That Strafe actually looks kinda terrifying.
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564293)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 10th, 2014 @ 5:13pm CDT
I'd like to see these Sparker things painted. I bet they'd make impressive display pieces with a bit of work.

*still waiting to see Dinobots that are "just right" for me, i.e. Cyberverse or Kreons (not the brick-built sets)*
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564300)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 10th, 2014 @ 5:46pm CDT
At first, the trailer of the new TF4 movie looked like a disapointing copy/pasta of DotM.

Then, we see TF riding modda fawking dinobots! :BOWDOWN:

Please, PLEASE, let this awesomness be in the movie!
(And less silly humans, for crying out loud.)
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564314)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on April 10th, 2014 @ 7:20pm CDT
Man, these Dino Sparkers have no paint. They could have least put some more paint on Strafe besides making him all light blue. In the end, they all look like a bunch of McDonald's toys. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564332)
Posted by Rated X on April 10th, 2014 @ 9:12pm CDT
Melt em down and use the plastic to make actual transformers...
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564351)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 10th, 2014 @ 10:57pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Melt em down and use the plastic to make actual transformers...

HEY! THAT'S MEAN!
These things can transform, you know. Into a club to bludgeon things with, a paperweight, a doorstop, ect... The possibilities are endless. ENDLESS I TELL YOU!
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564359)
Posted by President-prime on April 10th, 2014 @ 11:28pm CDT
All you guys complain about the chrome in the wrong places, but do you ever consider maybe the chrome in the wrong places would be scratched out when transformed. Just saying. Maybe the chrome in the "right Places" does not do well for either the robot mode or the alt mode. Maybe chrome on the chest or on the hip rubs out when you transform him. Just saying. I however, love chrome. any voyager or larger redecorated with chrome is bought on site. just saying.
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564361)
Posted by President-prime on April 10th, 2014 @ 11:31pm CDT
Personally, one of the few reason why the First Edition AOE Optimus Prime had lots of chrome is because it's a shellformer. Imagine that same toy (with all the chrome on his chest) transformed like the Revenge of the Fallen Optimus Prime. The chrome would just get killed. Just saying.
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564374)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 11th, 2014 @ 12:55am CDT
Complaints about lack of paints?!?

Despite my lack of interest in owning these Sparker things, and the fact that TF history has seen a recurrence of toys with sculpted details that lack paint apps necessary to bring them out, I'm pretty sure the idea here is that the details show up when the thing's glowing from the inside, meaning any paint apps would just obscure the effect.

Surely a few dozen customizers will try to improve them, and some will succeed, just not if they miss the point before jumping in.

Seeing Bee on Strafe with that huge-ass lance, I get this weird hunch that he knows what Springer's secret escape plan was in Nightmare Planet. If one of his package bios spells it out, that's the Bee toy I will buy. Otherwise, I got enough yellow already.
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564385)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on April 11th, 2014 @ 3:13am CDT
Happy meal toy!!!
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564409)
Posted by wolverinetodd on April 11th, 2014 @ 7:11am CDT
Lame!

At least the Firecons and Sparkobots from G1 & G2 transformed. This doesn't appear to do anything other than pull back, release, and let it go and spark. Whoopee!

I understand that HasTak is trying to reach out to a much younger demographic and for that reason I can appreciate the Transformers Rescue Bots line and now the new One-Step Changers. But at least put a little effort into some form of articulation on the Dinobot's part as it looks like Bumblebee is at least removeable and has limited articulation.

Once again I have to point out that instead of creating new subdivisions for each Transformers toy line (that are always doomed to failed), HasTak should concentrate on just a central few. All the creative energy put into these silly subdivisions like these Dino Sparkers could've been put to better use in creating better Deluxe and Voyager figures and even Cyberverse figures. At least put it towards a subdivision with toys that actually transform.
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564411)
Posted by ZackRoyer on April 11th, 2014 @ 7:21am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Rated X wrote:Melt em down and use the plastic to make actual transformers...

HEY! THAT'S MEAN!

Give me a hammer and I'll make the magic transformation occur. :lol:
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564535)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 11th, 2014 @ 5:22pm CDT
ZackRoyer wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Rated X wrote:Melt em down and use the plastic to make actual transformers...

HEY! THAT'S MEAN!

Give me a hammer and I'll make the magic transformation occur. :lol:
Even if the Forge of Solus Prime hadn't been destroyed, it would take all the power it ever had to turn these things into proper transforming toys. I'd rather whack some 3rd party stuff with it and see if they turned official, turn my original Blackarachnia toy show-accurate, hit my flaked Transmetals until their chrome was repaired, fix all those cracked rubber tires and treads...
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564537)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 11th, 2014 @ 5:25pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:
ZackRoyer wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Rated X wrote:Melt em down and use the plastic to make actual transformers...

HEY! THAT'S MEAN!

Give me a hammer and I'll make the magic transformation occur. :lol:
He means he'll take a hammer to these and "transform" them into scrap.
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564564)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 11th, 2014 @ 6:48pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:
ZackRoyer wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Rated X wrote:Melt em down and use the plastic to make actual transformers...

HEY! THAT'S MEAN!

Give me a hammer and I'll make the magic transformation occur. :lol:
He means he'll take a hammer to these and "transform" them into scrap.

Well, I'd like that magic hammer. Especially for my poor, poor MIB Beast Machines Ultra Jetstorm. When I pulled it out of the packaging and transformed him, I was covered in metallic flakes! Still, it could be worst. Like GPS. RIP SW Xover Millenium Falcon's Chewbaca.
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564620)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 12th, 2014 @ 12:55am CDT
Just a reminder to help you on May 17th, when the toyline is officially released. (And when some stores break that release date.) Back on January 9th, we posted an article which contained Target's DPCI numbers for the upcoming Transformers Age Of Extinction toy line.

This list also confirms the higher price points we had heard about earlier this year at Toy Fair back in February. However, some items seem to be priced lower than expected, such as some of the smaller Constructbots offerings.

As a courtesy, we are reposting this information now that the release of these toys is getting closer. The street date for the Age of Extinction toy line is May 17th, but several stores have already put the Age of Extinction toys on shelves in limited locations.

087-06-2583 TRANSFORMERS 4 CNSTRCTBOTS WAR $19.99
087-06-2594 TRANSFORMERS 4 RID ONE STEP MA $9.99
087-06-2595 TRANSFORMERS 4 RID POWER ATTAC $12.99
087-06-0353 TRANSFORMERS MV4 SLVR OPTIMUS P $19.99
087-06-0354 TRANSFORMERS MV4 12IN OPTIMUS $9.99
087-06-0356 TRANSFORMERS MV4 IVN SLVR OPT $29.99
087-06-0357 TRANSFORMERS CB SLVR OPTIMUS P $14.99

Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564624)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on April 12th, 2014 @ 1:13am CDT
so definitely no cyberverse/legends/legion/3" tall toys... I am depressed now. I will pass on all the new crappy toys the have already shown, I am not interested. :CON:
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564645)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 12th, 2014 @ 2:24am CDT
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564651)
Posted by jamesbenjamin on April 12th, 2014 @ 3:09am CDT
The target stock checking link has been broken since August.
Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe (1564652)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 12th, 2014 @ 3:14am CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:i was considering picking up scorn but at $15 im going to pass. ill just do what i did with DOTM, wait 2 weeks and pick em up when they drop to $10 cause they arent selling. But it sickens me that they keep making these toys crappier but keep charging the same high prices, if your going to remove paint and complexity then drop the damn price.

Actually, they drop the paint and complexity so they can keep the price the same.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering