Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed

Transformers News: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed

Thursday, October 1st, 2009 7:42AM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 22,278

Transformers Live Action Movie Director - Michael Bay has confirmed the official release date for the next installment. In the Official Michael Bay Forum, the director posted a message to announce this wonderful news:

"Well its official: We have a great Transformers 3 story. The release date is now July 1st 2011. Not 2012.

Today is Day One. This morning started with an ILM meeting for five hours in San Francisco. Currently I'm flying with writer Ehren Kruger to Rhode Island to talk to Hasbro about new characters.

P.S. Megan Fox, welcome back. I promise no alien robots will harm you in any way during the production of this motion picture. Please consult your Physician when working under my direction because some side effects can occur, such as mild dizziness, intense nausea, suicidal tendencies, depression, minor chest hair growth, random internal hemorrhaging and inability to sleep. As some directors may be hazardous to your health, please consult your Doctor to determine if this is right for you.

Pain and Gain is right after shooting of Trans 3.

Michael

Check out Michael Bay forum by clicking here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest information & news on Transformers 3.
Credit(s): Michael Bay

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005358)
Posted by alldarker on October 1st, 2009 @ 7:56am CDT
Hmm... Interesting news. I hope they'll take some of the criticism on RotF to heart, but I'm still game; I mean, TF III can't really conceivably be any worse than RotF was !
His Megan Fox quips are actually pretty funny, though. Good luck to her, I'd say: Michael Bay will probably put in some EXTRA nasty parts for her (plot calling for her to be stuck in a vat full of toxic waste for entire movie, for example).
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005369)
Posted by Nemesis Rodimus on October 1st, 2009 @ 8:42am CDT
Hoping for no crude humor and few curses!
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005373)
Posted by ClassyNX01 on October 1st, 2009 @ 9:10am CDT
Interesting guess he didn't need as big of break for TF then originally suggested. Though it should be noted that he promised no harm to Megan during production from alien robots he made no such promise for her character however. :twisted:

I am going to keep my fingers crossed. Not ton of time has elapsed since the last film it makes me leery of the 'great' story they supposedly have.

Things I hope they do: (just my personal opinion take it or leave it)

1.You've proven concept the film will make a lot money. Push to have story that centers around Transformers and their interaction with humans, not the other way around. (After all it is called Transformers)

2.(As much as people want all their personal favorite characters involved..I still have to say this.) Limit the amount of new characters introduced, you are already drowning in them. Reduce the human character count and give that screen time to already introduced Transformer characters.

3.Megatron made some strides in this last film away from slobbering metal monster man who repeated his name way to much. Keep that up, and Keep him moving more toward the 'Lex luthrian' in style villain. Lex packing giant fusion cannons that is...

4. Keep the great effects but the fight scenes need better choreographing they to often lose the audience. While real combat is chaos. Chaos in filming general starts to put people off a movie if every fight scene is chaotic.

5. Please watch out for story continuity issues!

I'd consider it victory and much improved if any two of those above issues are addressed.

So while I am really dying for a new movie I am not sure this pushed up release date thrills me greatly.

Classy
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005380)
Posted by Primus1101 on October 1st, 2009 @ 9:36am CDT
This could be good this time since Bay SHOULDN'T be fleshing out the script.
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005385)
Posted by Carriemus Prime on October 1st, 2009 @ 10:05am CDT
Yup excited about this! Let's hope for no writer's strikes this time... Bay should keep his hands off the script and stick to what he knows best... action, explosions and making sure our giant alien robots get more screen time!! (Ok he does need to work on that last part). ;)

Looks like there's a new writer involved too?

Sounds promising!!

:grin:
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005399)
Posted by Rated X on October 1st, 2009 @ 10:13am CDT
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005416)
Posted by fairplaythings on October 1st, 2009 @ 10:21am CDT
The good news I guess is that, after July 2011, we can hopefully leave Bay's interpretation of Transformers behind, and hope it hasn't poisoned the well for what is to come after.
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005420)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on October 1st, 2009 @ 10:23am CDT
Let the slaughter begin. God be with us all.

I like Michael Bay's movies. I like Transformers. I do not like Michael Bay helming Transformers, because he has NO respect for the mythology. But, I am happy to see that at least the Visual Style will remain the same, and our characters will most likely duke it out for keeps at the end. Maybe we'll even get to see Cybertron? Anyway, I just hope it's less vulgar than ROTF. And that Tuturro comes back. I'm excited.
B-)
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005423)
Posted by joevill on October 1st, 2009 @ 10:24am CDT
That date sounds like a long time away from now but it will be here before you know it! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005432)
Posted by Seibertron on October 1st, 2009 @ 10:55am CDT

Second, I have to admit that I was hoping for the 2012 date. I could use a year break from movie madness as the owner of this site. I'm getting married next year, which will be a crazy year and movie years are always nuts as well.

I've been inundated with movie madness now for 6 years. I could've used a year break. Here we go again ...

(Wonders if I should program a new countdown timer like I had for the first film)
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005434)
Posted by Carriemus Prime on October 1st, 2009 @ 10:59am CDT
Seibertron wrote:First, I'm excited about the 3rd installment of the Transformers film franchise. I hope that the absence of a writers strike will make TF3 a better film all around.

You could always delegate ;) I am sure plenty of people would step up. And I say go for the timer B-)
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005439)
Posted by cybercat on October 1st, 2009 @ 11:05am CDT
Proving once again 'radix malorum est cupiditas' (greed is the root of all evil). Money seems to have overcome all of Mr Bay's previous qualms--he needed a break, he was tired of robots, he was waaaaay tired of Megan Fox (oh, aren't we all...though she'd better set the countdown clock on her 15 minutes of fame--I suspect she'll be way old news by 2011) and her, ummm, pleasant work demeanor.

Problem is this: ROTF which sucked, let's be honest, so bad it sucked things that have never been sucked before, made scads of money. The message? Suck = money. Incentive to do exactly what they did for ROTF, only moreso (cruder humor, bigger explosions, more fart jokes, more vomitrocious spinny cam), 100%. Incentive to change? Zero.

Classy's right in all she said--especially the maybe this time no plot holes? And maybe we could try to keep SOME continuity across the Bayverse movies?

Congrats on the upcoming wedding, Seibertron! It's always chaos, with or without movie madness. In time, you'll probably come to think of the movie insanity as a welcome distraction from the horrific panic-tron that is wedding planning.

HK, do NOT kill Starscream. (growl)
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005441)
Posted by Varia31 on October 1st, 2009 @ 11:07am CDT
Like my dad tells me, the first movie is great, the second one not so much, and then the third brings back the AWESOME! But we'll see, while Optimus was awesome in Revenge of The Fallen, I was a bit disappointed in it. I'm hoping they'll make Starscream tough in TF3 like he was in the first, and I'm hoping that he might backstab Megatron too. :wink:
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005443)
Posted by Chaoslock on October 1st, 2009 @ 11:14am CDT
HURRAAAAY!!!

That means a visual and overall reboot can made 1 year earlier!!! :o) The earlier the movie-verse ends, the better.
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005455)
Posted by omega666 on October 1st, 2009 @ 11:37am CDT
ROTF was awesome! Cannot wait for TF3.....with less silly humor.
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005460)
Posted by moneycon on October 1st, 2009 @ 11:43am CDT
totally agree with the, no need for vulagarity. Thought it was completely pointless and humourless. ROTF definitely sucked....at first watch...I am going to give it another shot with a second viewing...hopefully soon. definitely need to bring back the awesome and focus on the TF's. Unfortunately, suck can equal money(was that hellkitty who said that?)...so you just never know if they will ever get it! :-?
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005462)
Posted by Hard Hacker on October 1st, 2009 @ 11:44am CDT
Rated X wrote:This is great news but lets hope somewhere along the line Michael bay and his radical ideas are given the boot for a more G1 friendly production team. Please no more wheels for feet !!!

Yeah, because G1 is the only Transformers story to exist ever. Let's just forget that Beast Wars, Beast Machines, RiD and the Unicron Trilogy, et all ever happened. Sarcasm for the uniniated.

I really hope he tries with this. Less of the crude humour would work wonders. The lad has enthusiasm, which could help. Clearly he cares about telling a movie story, he should, but strays aside from the main point.

But at least he gives it a go.
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005463)
Posted by Serpent O - R on October 1st, 2009 @ 11:59am CDT
I love the fact that the first post of the first official TF3 movie thread said "it can't get any worse."

Of course it can. Bay is involved.

"Mikaela, we need you to put this suit on. You are going to be Binary-bonded to an Autobot who suffered severe cerebral damage."

I think I made my point and kept the thread out of the NSFW category.
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005468)
Posted by RiddlerJ on October 1st, 2009 @ 12:12pm CDT
Don't worry Bay already figured out what to do.

More Shia and none of those pesky robots.
Re: Official Transformers Movie 3 Release Date Confirmed (1005474)
Posted by Stockade on October 1st, 2009 @ 12:32pm CDT
I'm just as thrilled as anyone else about the release date, but MB is going to speak to Hasbro about new characters and i think Bay and hasbro needs to bring back some G1 characters and I'm sure everyone would agree. I know they can't fit or include every character we want to see on the big screen, but here are a few i just thought of:

Autobots: Dinobots, cliffjumper, even bring back Jazz, Wheeljack, mirage would be an awesome character to have, Hound, Blaster, Gears, powerglide.

Decepticons: Stunticons, More of soundwave, shockwave, skywarp, thundercracker, even the cone heads, maybe the combaticons, astrotrain and blitzwing would be really cool, cyclonus.

here are just a few i think Bay and hasbro can use in TF III

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Commander Masterpiece Black Version Optimus Prime 33cm Tall Toy - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 30 minutes 2 seconds
1986 Hasbro G1 Transformers Onslaught Misc Parts and Instructions - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 seconds
1986 Vintage Hasbro Transformers G1 Cyclonus Action Figure Decepticon Toy - Time Remaining: 10 days 1 hour 1 minute 12 seconds
RHINOX Deluxe TransMetals 2 HEROIC MAXIMAL 1999 Transformers BEAST WARS - MOC - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 17 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Robots In Disguise CRYOTEK Complete RID Beast Wars Dragon Repaint - Time Remaining: 24 days 7 hours 34 minutes 21 seconds
Vintage Transformers G1: Fortress Maximus Hasbro, Japan, almost complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 35 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Generations Ultra Magnus Combiner Wars Leader Class Hasbro New - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 22 minutes 6 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 CONSTRUCTION SCAVENGER ACTION FIGURE 1984 HASBRO - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 53 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive