Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release

Transformers News: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release

Friday, July 19th, 2013 8:57PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,326

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of TV Shows on DVD we have the official press release for the upcoming home format release of Transformers Prime: Predacons Risisng. The press release contradicts what we've previously heard regarding release dates, and states both will be released on October 8th. See the full press release below:


Re: Offical Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising blu-ray/DVD press release


GET READY TO RUMBLE WITH THE
HIGHLY ANTICIPATED FEATURE-LENGTH
EPILOGUE TO THE SERIES PHENOMENON,
TRANSFORMERS PRIME, UNVEILING THIS FALL!


TRANSFORMERS PRIME
BEAST HUNTERS
PREDACONS RISING


A Special Original CG Animated Action
Adventure Produced by Hasbro Studios


DELUXE Blu-ray+DVD COMBO PACK and
SPECIAL DVD ARRIVE IN STORES EVERYWHERE


OWN IT ON OCTOBER 8
FROM SHOUT! FACTORY




This Fall, the eagerly anticipated conclusion of Hasbro Studios' Emmy Award-winning series will finally unleash in a special TRANSFORMERS PRIME original feature presentation for home entertainment. On October 8, 2013, Shout! Factory, in collaboration with Hasbro Studios, invite kids, families and loyal fans to further venture into the awe-inspiring world of TRANSFORMERS PRIME when TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS - PREDACONS RISING debuts as a special original feature on Blu-ray+DVD combo pack and on DVD.

Brimming with spectacular CG animation, a captivating storyline and unforgettable characters from the TRANSFORMERS PRIME lore, this 90-min epilogue to the final season delivers entertaining cinematic adventure the whole family will enjoy. Wrapping up the series that chronicled the epic battle between the DECEPTICONS and the AUTOBOTS, the Blu-ray+DVD combo pack and DVD edition contain insightful bonus content, taking viewers behind-the-scenes. Available in stores everywhere, TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS - PREDACONS RISING is an essential home entertainment collection for TRANSFORMERS fans of all ages. The deluxe Blu-ray+DVD combo pack is priced to own with a suggested retail price of $24.97; and $16.97 for the DVD.

TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS - PREDACONS RISING Synopsis:
A resurrected UNICRON has taken over the now-lifeless body of MEGATRON to seek vengeance on the AUTOBOTS and ultimately, the destruction of Cybertron. This formidable enemy forces an unlikely alliance between the AUTOBOTS, DECEPTICONS, PREDAKING and two new PREDACONS, who come together in an epic battle to help protect their newly restored planet.

Special note: Bonus content for TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS - PREDACONS RISING is in development. As excitement builds for this release, Shout! Factory and Hasbro Studios will announce additional news and activities for fans in the upcoming months.

Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, Josh Keaton, Jeffrey Combs, Kevin Michael Richardson, Steve Blum, Will Friedle and Sumalee Montano lend their voices to this hit series produced by Hasbro Studios. Spearheading the creative efforts on TRANSFORMERS PRIME are executive producers Jeff Kline, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Duane Capizzi and Stephen Davis. The TRANSFORMERS PRIME series is currently airing on the Hub TV Network in the U.S. and on Teletoon in Canada.

About Hasbro Studios
Hasbro Studios is the Los Angeles-based entertainment division of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS). The studio is responsible for entertainment brand-driven storytelling for the company across television, film, commercial productions and short-form. It develops, produces and distributes TV shows based on Hasbro's world class brands, including TRANSFORMERS, MY LITTLE PONY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and FAMILY GAME NIGHT. Many of these shows air on Hub Network, a U.S. television network for kids and their families, that is a joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK). Hasbro Studios shows can also be seen on networks in more than 170 countries globally. Since its formation in 2009, the studio has received seven Daytime Emmy wins and 16 nominations. On the film side, the studio is developing and producing a number of features based on Hasbro's brands, including TRANSFORMERS 4 (Paramount), STRETCH ARMSTRONG (Relativity Media) and CANDY LAND (Sony). The studio team also oversees the production of commercials that feature Hasbro's brands as well production of short-form content that can be seen on all of the major digital and social media platforms globally.

About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform entertainment company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory's DVD and Blu-Ray offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials in lavish packages crammed with extras. Shout's audio division boasts GRAMMY-nominated box sets, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable "best of" compilations. In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast digital distribution network which delivers video and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America. Shout! Factory also owns and operates Timeless Media Group, Biograph Records, Majordomo Records, HighTone Records and Video Time Machine. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com

Re: Offical Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising blu-ray/DVD press release


Credit(s): TV Shows on DVD
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1504956)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 19th, 2013 @ 9:09pm CDT
With so much suspense building up, I really can't wait for the movie! :grin:

I'm probably not going to get the DVD, but I'm interested to know more about these bonus features.
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1504983)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 19th, 2013 @ 10:37pm CDT
alrighty so its confirmed this is the ending of the series....so back to a point i made on another story about this release.......... why are they announcing the release of the end of the show before even announcing the 3rd season's release?

is this actually gonna come out before the season does?
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505014)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 19th, 2013 @ 11:50pm CDT
Bouncy X wrote:is this actually gonna come out before the season does?

That would be most logical because I don't see them having it ready before October
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505028)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2013 @ 12:24am CDT
Bouncy X wrote:alrighty so its confirmed this is the ending of the series....so back to a point i made on another story about this release.......... why are they announcing the release of the end of the show before even announcing the 3rd season's release?

is this actually gonna come out before the season does?
It's quicker and easier to release a single disc DVD containing one feature presentation than it is to release a multi-disc DVD set containing a whole season of 13 episodes.
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505035)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 20th, 2013 @ 12:52am CDT
One thing i've noticed. THERE"S NO PREDICONS in this entire season so far. WTF is that about?
Beast hunting my ass....crock of shite is what it is.

Still love the show though, regardless.
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505041)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2013 @ 12:57am CDT
MGrotusque wrote:One thing i've noticed. THERE"S NO PREDICONS in this entire season so far. WTF is that about?
Beast hunting my ass....
Yeah, cuz Predaking totally doesn't count. :roll:

The hunting aspect was involved with the Predacon bones.

But, we'll get more Preds in the movie:

Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505043)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 20th, 2013 @ 1:03am CDT
MGrotusque wrote:One thing i've noticed. THERE"S NO PREDICONS in this entire season so far. WTF is that about?
Beast hunting my ass....

I guess this guy doesn't count?

Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505048)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 20th, 2013 @ 1:20am CDT
Good job boys...you busted me on the most obvious flaw in my argument but ONE Predacon doesn't constitute an entire toy line and T.V show based on this so called beast apocalypse that more than half way through the final season hasn't materialized.
Sure Predaking is around but he's barely had a full paragraph of dialogue throughout the series thus far.

@ Saberblade.....thanks for the clip. In context of the video i think it's too little too late but i hope it showcases the beasties and mix's it up a bit before it's all over.
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505049)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2013 @ 1:27am CDT
MGrotusque wrote:Good job boys...you busted me on the most obvious flaw in my argument but ONE Predacon doesn't constitute an entire toy line and T.V show based on this so called beast apocalypse that more than half way through the final season hasn't materialized.
Sure Predaking is around but he's barely had a full paragraph of dialogue throughout the series thus far.
What "beast apocalypse" does the title refer to, exactly?

All I can see from the title is that it refers to hunting something beast-related, which the fossilized remains of the Predacons most definitely were.
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505050)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 20th, 2013 @ 1:30am CDT
MGrotusque wrote:Good job boys...you busted me on the most obvious flaw in my argument but ONE Predacon doesn't constitute an entire toy line and T.V show based on this so called beast apocalypse that more than half way through the final season hasn't materialized.
Sure Predaking is around but he's barely had a full paragraph of dialogue throughout the series thus far.

Wheeljack killed a few Predacons in Evolution, definitely not all of them but a few for sure.
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505055)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 20th, 2013 @ 1:58am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
MGrotusque wrote:Good job boys...you busted me on the most obvious flaw in my argument but ONE Predacon doesn't constitute an entire toy line and T.V show based on this so called beast apocalypse that more than half way through the final season hasn't materialized.
Sure Predaking is around but he's barely had a full paragraph of dialogue throughout the series thus far.
What "beast apocalypse" does the title refer to, exactly?

All I can see from the title is that it refers to hunting something beast-related, which the fossilized remains of the Predacons most definitely were.

Valid point viewed semantically but it doesn't correlate with the toyline getting figures retooled and powered up in ready for a Predacon uprising along with a show highlighting a complete new threat/breed of Cybertronians that,implied, will overthrow the status quo of the war as we know it.
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505059)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2013 @ 2:10am CDT
MGrotusque wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
MGrotusque wrote:Good job boys...you busted me on the most obvious flaw in my argument but ONE Predacon doesn't constitute an entire toy line and T.V show based on this so called beast apocalypse that more than half way through the final season hasn't materialized.
Sure Predaking is around but he's barely had a full paragraph of dialogue throughout the series thus far.
What "beast apocalypse" does the title refer to, exactly?

All I can see from the title is that it refers to hunting something beast-related, which the fossilized remains of the Predacons most definitely were.

Valid point viewed semantically but it doesn't correlate with the toyline getting figures retooled and powered up in ready for a Predacon uprising along with a show highlighting a complete new threat/breed of Cybertronians that,implied, will overthrow the status quo of the war as we know it.
Is it not obvious that the show and toyline are operating under very different mindsets? The toyline has its own storyline separate from the show, while the show is trying to finish the story it's been trying to tell since the beginning. The two share the same name for formalities and for brand uniformity.

The show even has its own creative vision for Predaking that differs from that of the toyline. In the toy bios, Predaking is a monstrous tyrant bent on death and destruction. In the show, however, he's noble and compassionate, yet still fearsome, but almost nothing like his toy counterpart. Ergo, the toyline needn't be used to predict what the cartoon should be about when the cartoon doesn't necessarily need to strictly adhere to it.

And, as stated before, we ARE getting more Preds in the movie. The makers have looked on the boards and saw that we want more Preds in TF: Prime, so they made the movie to do just that and more.
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505061)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 20th, 2013 @ 2:41am CDT
You are correct. To use the toy line as a compass to gauge where the fictional story arc progresses is folly on my part. I concede defeat in that logic.

I also acknowledged your clip form the movie you posted. In that regard, I believe that the Predacon threat should have been fast tracked instead of it creeping in on the tail end of the final season.

That there is the crux of my argument. The beasty contingent should have been more aggressive from a protagonist stand point earlier on instead of being such a late comer to the party. I was lookin forward to some mayhem.
Late is better than never i guess eh?
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505094)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2013 @ 8:41am CDT
MGrotusque wrote:You are correct. To use the toy line as a compass to gauge where the fictional story arc progresses is folly on my part. I concede defeat in that logic.
Same could be said of other toylines. Imagine just how ticked off fans of Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and RiD would have been had they expected all of their toylines' characters to appear in their shows. :lol:

MGrotusque wrote:I also acknowledged your clip form the movie you posted. In that regard, I believe that the Predacon threat should have been fast tracked instead of it creeping in on the tail end of the final season.

That there is the crux of my argument. The beasty contingent should have been more aggressive from a protagonist stand point earlier on instead of being such a late comer to the party. I was lookin forward to some mayhem.
Late is better than never i guess eh?
Further evidence that the beast addition came as a very late decision in the game, probably mandated by Hasbro to justify a new toy gimmick/theme.

Well, at least we've got the Go! cartoon to give us our fill of Predacons until the Predacons Rising movie comes out.


Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505141)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 20th, 2013 @ 3:01pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Well, at least we've got the Go! cartoon to give us our fill of Predacons until the Predacons Rising movie comes out.

Speaking of Go I hope that Hasbro doesn't make a dub of it, I can barely stand it, I am only watching it because it may have something to do with the Aligned Continuity
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505144)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2013 @ 3:04pm CDT
viruscarnage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, at least we've got the Go! cartoon to give us our fill of Predacons until the Predacons Rising movie comes out.

Speaking of Go I hope that Hasbro doesn't make a dub of it, I can barely stand it, I am only watching it because it may have something to do with the Aligned Continuity
At least we finally got a very good subtitle track for it.
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505147)
Posted by njb902 on July 20th, 2013 @ 3:12pm CDT
Is go really that bad?
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505149)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 20th, 2013 @ 3:14pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, at least we've got the Go! cartoon to give us our fill of Predacons until the Predacons Rising movie comes out.

Speaking of Go I hope that Hasbro doesn't make a dub of it, I can barely stand it, I am only watching it because it may have something to do with the Aligned Continuity
At least we finally got a very good subtitle track for it.

I will give you that, it's better then some of the Prime subs I've seen (them being 5 seconds behind.)

njb902 wrote:Is go really that bad?

I don't like it at all, to me it's barely watchable, not sure about anyone else is opinions.
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505150)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2013 @ 3:17pm CDT
njb902 wrote:Is go really that bad?
I think it's fun. Fast-paced, lots of action, straight to the point, no filler scenes.
Re: Official Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising Blu-ray / DVD Press Release (1505157)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 20th, 2013 @ 3:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:Is go really that bad?
I think it's fun. Fast-paced, lots of action, straight to the point, no filler scenes.

I will give it points for that, that is probably the thing that makes it watchable for me, a small thing that I don't like is how Optimus' mouth doesn't move when he talks. I think I may have stretched it by saying it barely watchable, it's watchable but not dub worthy.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial
Twincast / Podcast #144:
"Don't Touch That Dial"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 15th, 2016