Transformers News: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set

Wednesday, May 29th, 2013 8:32PM CDT

Category: Live Action Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,694

Reports are coming in from the Transformers 4 set at the Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley of an older model Camaro hanging out with the other confirmed Autobots. Instagram users mar10stm and killersquirrell have both posted images of the Camaro in question. Naturally the first character to come mind is Bumblebee since he's maintained his Camaro vehicle mode throughout the previous movie trilogy. If this is indeed Bumblebee he appears to have been taking fashion tips from his Transformers Prime Beast Hunters counterpart, as this Camaro is almost all black with yellow accents.

The Transformers Live Action Movie Blog have also posted an image of the black Camaro cruising with green Concept C7 Corvette Stingray. They speculate this may not be a Transformers character at all, but possibly one of Jack Reynor's character's race cars.

Check out the images mirrored below, and speculate away in the Energon Pub!

Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.

Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.

Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.
Credit(s): Instagram users mar10stm and killersquirrell, TFLAMB
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491266)
Posted by megatronis on May 29th, 2013 @ 8:42pm CDT
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491267)
Posted by Janus Prime on May 29th, 2013 @ 8:44pm CDT
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491268)
Posted by megatronis on May 29th, 2013 @ 8:46pm CDT
Janus Prime wrote:We´ve seen the new Optimus before, but it isn´t until now that he looks somewhat familiar, I think he´s based on an older design for movie 1.

My thoughts exactly! they wouldn't alter bee thqt much?...would they? :lol:
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491269)
Posted by DEMEXICONZ on May 29th, 2013 @ 8:48pm CDT
DEMEXICONZ wrote: #-o jesus this is getting worst by the hour in my opinion.... :BANG_HEAD:

Fixed.......if you say so mindmaster but i know for a fact im not the only one complaining about mr. Flamo and hes new fast and rusty buddys but we'll see how this turns out i for one like the films bt can't help but to think this new thing is going the wrong direction.... >:oP
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491270)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 29th, 2013 @ 8:51pm CDT

On that note, I sincerely hope the flames will remain restricted to the movie franchise. I find them obnoxious and unethical.

megatronis wrote:I realy hope that's not BEE!! I WANT HIM AS A CAMARO!? Or rather the right camaro!! :BANG_HEAD:

Hasn't been confirmed as Bumblebee; there's hope.

Janus Prime wrote:No idea what the Camaro is, I have the feeling it´s just Marky Mark´s car in the movie.

Which could possibly be Bumblebee. Again, hasn't been confirmed, so we got time to speculate.

megatronis wrote:they wouldn't alter bee thqt much?...would they? :lol:

I'm pretty sure it's to be set several years after the events of Dark of the Moon, or like the newest Spiderman film, a complete reboot. Who knows?
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491271)
Posted by megatronis on May 29th, 2013 @ 8:55pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Looking at the grill of the supposed Optimus, I can make out a very small Autobot badge. Barely. It appears that it is indeed Optimus's new form. Like I've said before, I prefer the old Peterbuilt model over this, but I can deal with it being this, just as I dealt with the first movie Optimus being different from the others.

Hasn't been confirmed as Bumblebee; there's hope.

megatronis wrote:they wouldn't alter bee thqt much?...would they? :lol:

Mark mark and may say one thing after another..bay tends to say its 4 years after DOTM MW saya its a complete reboot..might not truly find out till next year??
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491275)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 29th, 2013 @ 9:27pm CDT
What's that hanging from the front of the Camaro, where a bumper would be?
Seeing how there's a noticeable lack of Bumblebee's trademark stripes, I'm doubtful this is him. Of course, the colors alone don't mean it's BB, as we've seen in DotM.

And how is a flame paintjob "unethical"? I get not liking them, but but implying they're morally wrong, whaaaaa?!
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491276)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 29th, 2013 @ 9:37pm CDT

Perhaps I should have worded that better. What I mean to say is that it doesn't look good on a character meant to be Optimus Prime, who, traditionally, is just a straight-up truck colored red and blue. Rodimus is different, seeing how his pre-Prime state had flames.
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491277)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 29th, 2013 @ 9:40pm CDT
Ah, so aesthetically or artistically "wrong"? I can see that.
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491278)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 29th, 2013 @ 9:42pm CDT
Yep, that's the gist of it.
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491279)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 29th, 2013 @ 9:52pm CDT
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491290)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on May 29th, 2013 @ 11:06pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:What's that hanging from the front of the Camaro, where a bumper would be?

Front air Dam or "splitter". Basicly a front wing designed to give the front of the car additional downforce. Given the cars wide body stance, it definatly fits with the "race car theme". So maybe it is just one of Mark Walberg's race cars.

Megatron Wolf wrote:is it so farfetched for that to be the new bumblebee? People are sick of the current BB so changing the alt mode makes sense. And since theres no way they would be allowed to make him into another brand/model vehicle they would be forced to go back to an older model.

Not far fetched at all. It would make sence given that we know the family has a racing back groud. So if Bee is involved with the family it makes sence that he would choose a new alt mode that was alittle more race inspired while still retaining his colors vehicle type that he's known for in the movies. I'm sure the next couple days will reviele quite a bit.

Mindmaster wrote:"Unethical" also doubles as "not in standards with profession" (dictionary.com).

I think his flames fit him just fine. Help break up the standard red/blue paint scheme.
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491292)
Posted by Metrosuplex on May 29th, 2013 @ 11:11pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:Micheal Bay the ultimate troll; 'Fans hated the flames, so let's make em' bigger!' :michaelbay:

It's nice, just yeah, too blue. Shame the nose isn't red and the flames just spread from that. 'Cos let's face it, the flames are gonna stay now.

Haha! Bay is the ultimate troll... :lol: :lol: :lol: That theory makes the most sense to me.

That Bot wrote:Red looks bad on film, so it's a way for Prime to retain his iconic red chest/blue legs in robot mode without having a hard-to-film truck.

I don't really accept that. The damn things are CG'ed most of the time. And with today's amazing film equipment, I find it hard to believe a RED TRUCK is impossible to film (since, you know, this wouldn't be the FIRST movie appearance for a red f*cking truck :roll: ). Maybe against the sunset background? Jeeez... jazz it up in the final cut! They're selling car advertisement space like crazy - is it so hard to CG some red on a truck (assuming it really is impossible to film a red truck)? :HEADHURTS:

Megatron Wolf wrote:thats horrible, this is transfomers not pimp my ride. The basic truck while a cool truck is terrible for prime & the giant flames just kill it. So much for new direction, had a little hope that this one would be set in reality not in bayland but so much for that.

This. Pimp my ride is approbo. :SICK:

guarayakha wrote:Maybe red looks bad only in Michael Bay movies :P Inb4greenrodimus

Would a green Rodimus piss anyone off? At this point, I get the eerie feeling that a lot of you just don't care for consistency all that much. Let's just be happy that someone is filming Transformers at all, right? :roll:
When you say green Rodimus, I actually imagine a neon green repaint of classic Rodimus... and that wouldn't be so bad. I guess my mind would accept the new color scheme if the robo's/alt modes retained some of their classic goodness. :x

RiddlerJ wrote:What's the point in their names? It's not like they're going to resemble their previous counterparts in any fashion anyway. Might as well call them Flippy and Floppy.

PLEASE EMAIL BAY RIGHT NOW!!!! :twisted: +1 on those two names!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!! :lol: Somehow, Flippy and Floppy seem more appropriate than Drift and ... yeah.

Hardspark wrote:I mean - The franchise is certainly in need of the money to the point when it will affect the character choices and vehicles sooooooooooo much aren't they?

Disappointed.

Again.

I get the same impression... that the car sponsors are deciding the movie more than even Bay... I mean, does he make a list of possible characters, email a bunch of car companies and then wait patiently for some checks??? It makes writing a movie a lot easier, I suppose... :-?

Manterax Prime wrote:Really? Well, say hello to more shelf warmers.

DUDE! WHAT??? Bumblebee warming shelves?!?! That's just crazy talk! The kids LOVE Bumblebee and everyone but you knows it. Quit trolling this thread. [-( Now I'm going back to my game of Sarcastiball. Awesome.

Meantoy wrote:As a actual truck driver all i can say is wtf is that ugly pos. Worst looking starcar ive ever saw. never really liked the new areo look that truck manufactuers are going, looks like a flamed out pimp my ride ghetto space shuttle. Hopefully this is more of Bays prerelease lies. Dont change prime from the pete to this crap. :BANG_HEAD: :CON:

I was waiting for a truck-drivin'-hater. Cause me thinks to me'self, "Doesn't this hideous truck offend actual professionals? I'm pretty sure Bay is sh*tting all over the profession..." Well, I think the job is incomplete. Everyone knows that big trucks like this have rodeo clowns painted on the mudflaps. And drop-down blow-up dolls in the passenger seat (for carpool lanes! ;) And other porpoises, I suppose :-? ). Ehhhh, no, I think the flames are worse than all of that... :BANG_HEAD:

DEMEXICONZ wrote:
DEMEXICONZ wrote: jesus this is getting worst by the hour in my opinion....

I'll back you up. Mr. Flam-o sucks-o!
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491301)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 30th, 2013 @ 12:57am CDT
Honestly....the best lookin car in the bunch. Just sayin.
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491313)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 30th, 2013 @ 5:15am CDT
I've always preferred this generation of Camaro over the one originally sported by Bumblebee.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it needs more yellow.
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491314)
Posted by monstrinho on May 30th, 2013 @ 5:25am CDT
MGrotusque wrote:Honestly....the best lookin car in the bunch. Just sayin.

totally. If Mr Bay is listening, I WANT THAT CAR AS A DECENT TRANSFORMER. PLUS MECHTECH IS HORRIBLE. STOP THAT.
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491317)
Posted by KnightStrike on May 30th, 2013 @ 5:44am CDT
Not feeling that new Optimus.... how would a driver even see the road or back up in that thing? Not to mention the toy's backpack kibble will probably be even larger now due to this things bloated size, unless they do something along the lines of FE Prime Optimus with the mold, which would be awesome :D
As for the rusty old truck, my guess is Bay is using it as the butt of a joke involving Optimus's new alt mode similarly to the whole yellow Volkswagen at the car lot with Camaro Bumblebee in the first movie.
Also just a guess, but I would say the classic Camaro seen in these pics is either the race driver character's car or if its an Autobot it will most likely be before they scan another alt mode since I doubt they would use a vehicle for a main character that they couldn't get a promotional deal with a manufacturer for a currently available model. Technically speaking even the new Optimus is advertising for a truck company, even if he is a heavy modded custom. Once again, just all my conjecture based on what we have seen from the previous films, will be interesting to see what really happens ;)
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491324)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 30th, 2013 @ 6:45am CDT
yey. more car pics...
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491327)
Posted by buckeyebot20 on May 30th, 2013 @ 7:14am CDT
This all great news BUT... Where is HOUND?????? I am hoping that was not a rumor
Re: Older Model Black Camaro Spotted on Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley Transformers 4 Set (1491329)
Posted by El Duque on May 30th, 2013 @ 7:40am CDT
The older model Camaro seen at the Transformers 4 set in the Navajo Tribal Park in Monument Valley has been officially confirmed as Bumblebee! Director Michael Bay's official website has announced that Bumblebee's new vehicle mode is a highly modified, vintage 1967 Camaro SS. Check out the official image below.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS GENERATION G1 SKIDS & SCREECH CLASSIC LIMITED EDITION BOTCON UNITED - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 46 minutes 39 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS ROBOT MASTER RM-23 BEAST WARS II METALLIC LIO CONVOY + DVD - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 46 minutes 43 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS MICRON LEGEND/ARMADA CRYSTAL CLEAR CONVOY/OPTIMUS PRIME MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 31 minutes 53 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS HENKEI C-13 HOUND W/RAVAGE CLASSIC/G1/UNITED - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 1 minute 50 seconds
Transformers G1 ULTRA MAGNUS loose incomplete - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 32 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Generations COMBINER WARS DELUXE CLASS HOUND ACTION figure  NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 48 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Generations COMBINER WARS  DELUXE CLASS WHEELJACK 6 INCH   new - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 18 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Vintage G1 Predacon Predaking Divebomb 100% complete w/packet - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 21 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #155 - Pillarboxed