Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Original Andrew Wildman Comic Art for Sale

Transformers News: Original Andrew Wildman Comic Art for Sale

Thursday, December 8th, 2011 11:52AM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,232

Andrew Wildman has posted on his blog, Wildwords, that he has additional original Transformers comic art for sale. A great chance to own a unique piece of Transformers' history. Click here to visit Wildwords.

With all the excitement about the new Transformers ReGeneration comic I thought I would have a dig around and see if there were any pages of art left from the original Marvel run. Pretty much all of the art has sold over the last 20 years but there are four that still remain. One of the reasons for this is that they have taken a bit of battle damage. That said I thought it would be a good idea to put them up for sale on the website anyway. Also found is a whole bunch of stuff from the UK Marvel Transformers comic. It’s been great fun looking through these for many reasons, one being that there are many characters in there who have cropped up since and that are now very familiar to me. Back then I had no idea who they all were :-/ Just followed the script and the reference. These pages were also inked by me which is quite a rare thing. I do tend to ink my own covers but rarely ink interior art.

any way. Pop along to the SHOP and take a look. I am sure that like me you will feel that warm glow of nostalgia

Credit(s): Andrew Wildman
Re: Original Andrew Wildman Comic Art for Sale (1320896)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on December 8th, 2011 @ 1:02pm CST
I do wish his ReGeneation One art looked more like this. :-(
Re: Original Andrew Wildman Comic Art for Sale (1320943)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on December 8th, 2011 @ 3:38pm CST
I might have to investigate in purchasing Wildman art...
Re: Original Andrew Wildman Comic Art for Sale (1320989)
Posted by Shadowdodger on December 8th, 2011 @ 6:25pm CST
I want all of it.
Re: Original Andrew Wildman Comic Art for Sale (1321119)
Posted by tekering on December 9th, 2011 @ 4:50am CST
I do wish his ReGeneration One art looked more like this.

It wouldn't sell. Modern Transformers fans expect their Cybertronians to look robotic, not like guys in costumes. That Prime looks like a ninja wearing a helmet.
Re: Original Andrew Wildman Comic Art for Sale (1321147)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on December 9th, 2011 @ 8:30am CST
tekering wrote:
I do wish his ReGeneration One art looked more like this.

True, but since it's the same story and all, I sorta wanted ReGenetation One to be an exception, and the human faces that he gave them were kinda cool I think, in a retro kinda way.
Re: Original Andrew Wildman Comic Art for Sale (1321162)
Posted by tekering on December 9th, 2011 @ 9:31am CST
Sure, I'm all for consistency, but I suspect poorly-received artwork led to the original series' cancellation... It certainly wasn't the writing, which has clearly proved popular enough to prompt Regeneration.

Personally, I've been a diehard fan of the toys and the mythology since the very beginning, but never read a Transformers comic before Dreamwave. Even as a child, I couldn't stomach the Marvel artwork.

I only wish IDW would "regenerate" The War Within series. That was awesome artwork AND story!
Re: Original Andrew Wildman Comic Art for Sale (1323180)
Posted by Marcdachamp on December 14th, 2011 @ 12:27pm CST
Picked up two, myself. One from the orignal UK run, and one from Armada. Cannot wait to get 'em in the mail. :grin:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys