Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Original Thundertron Concept Art

Transformers News: Original Thundertron Concept Art

Wednesday, November 21st, 2012 11:48AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,406

Artist Emiliano Santalucia has updated his blog with his original concept art for the new Transformers Star Seeker Thundertron! The character was originally introduced in the Transformers: Exiles novel and has now received a Voyager class figure in the Transformers Prime toy line. Click here to get his thoughts on the character and the designs, we've mirrored the concept art below.

Original Thundertron Concept Art

Original Thundertron Concept Art

Original Thundertron Concept Art

Original Thundertron Concept Art
Credit(s): Emiliano Santalucia
Re: Original Thundertron Concept Art (1441359)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on November 21st, 2012 @ 12:29pm CST
Re: Original Thundertron Concept Art (1441374)
Posted by bluecatcinema on November 21st, 2012 @ 12:59pm CST
Anybody else hoping Thundertron will make an appearance in season three?
Re: Original Thundertron Concept Art (1441390)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 21st, 2012 @ 1:43pm CST
Ultra Magnus wrote::-? Maybe this has been discussed already, but whats with e One-Foot action? :???:

He's a pirate. That's his peg-leg.
Re: Original Thundertron Concept Art (1441393)
Posted by Va'al on November 21st, 2012 @ 2:01pm CST
I still love and drool over this guy.

Gets in the way when I'm trying to handle the figure though..
Re: Original Thundertron Concept Art (1441398)
Posted by dragons on November 21st, 2012 @ 2:14pm CST
maybe its me he lokos like blackbeard if hes in series want to se walk around in beast form with that peg leg
Re: Original Thundertron Concept Art (1441401)
Posted by CloudKoala on November 21st, 2012 @ 2:22pm CST
Wow. Hasbro did a good job of bringing the concept to toy form. A toy of a character from a novel which many kids dont even know about, whereas they havent even made toys of all the characters from the show. And if they can do this good a job on thundertron, a character which once again not many kids are going to recongize, why cant they make a better looking beast hunters line? I think voyager wise they could have done breakdown, insecticon, shockwave maybe someone a bit more important...ugh hasbro logic frustrates me. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Original Thundertron Concept Art (1441406)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 21st, 2012 @ 2:37pm CST
Oh, please introduce the Star Seekers next season. :PRAY:
Re: Original Thundertron Concept Art (1441428)
Posted by RAcast on November 21st, 2012 @ 3:34pm CST
Indeed. I finally got mine the other day, and I'm blown away away with how much I like it! If anything, he could perhaps use a bit more paint, but I love the silver gradient. And blue being my favorite color has a bit of an impact as well, haha.

Also, as has been mentioned before, he bears a passing resemblance to Musume Liger, and I loves me some Zoids.
Re: Original Thundertron Concept Art (1441513)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 21st, 2012 @ 9:27pm CST
Whoa! :shock: Hologram lion foot! :KREMZEEK:

El Duque wrote:The character was originally introduced in the Transformers: Exodus novel
Close. Exiles. But, it's a common slip that happens all the itme with a lot of people. ;)
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip