Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode

Tuesday, May 10th, 2011 3:45PM CDT

Categories: 3rd Party News, Toy News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 27,308

Late last week, we revealed that Third Party Toy Manufacturer Perfect Effect updated their blog to reveal PE-03 Laser and PE-04, "classic" style updates to G1 Laserbeak and Buzzsaw, using the "jetbird" mold created for The Sun and The Night. They've updated their blog again; this time they are featuring new shots of the duo attached to Generations War for Cybertron Optimus Prime, FansProject Shadow Commander, and, in a surprise, safely docked to the arm of Henkei Megatron, using what looks to be a remold to the landing struts. We've mirrored a few images here, but there are more availableat Perfect Effect's blog.

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!
Credit(s): NemesisMonkeySupreme, Perfect Effect
Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1220074)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 10th, 2011 @ 3:57pm CDT
*Throws up hands* Well, that's it. I'm giving them my checkbook at this point. What did I want? Being able to be perched on Classics Megs. What did they give me? Being able to be perched on Classics Megs.
Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1220079)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 10th, 2011 @ 4:02pm CDT
I'd like a Classics Laserbeak and if this is the only option, well OK. The alt modes leave me cold though. Like completely. The rest of these, I have absolutely no use for.
:BOT:
Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1220083)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 10th, 2011 @ 4:07pm CDT
Nice touch. Bravo Perfect Effect
Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1220085)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 10th, 2011 @ 4:08pm CDT
Blackstreak wrote:
FansProjectFan178 wrote:
Gauntlet101010: They work with Shadow Commander. If that counts for anything.
They look slick, but they are not for me.

Does this mean I need the Shadow Pack to use the jet pack feature?

It wouldn't be a bad idea.

Soundwave and Blaster need battle platform alt modes to house all these cassettes-turned-weapons. That would be awesome.

That's what ive been saying, a soundwave base, for those weapons, jets, and tanks. it would be great
Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1220097)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 10th, 2011 @ 4:41pm CDT
I am such a non-observant person that I never noticed I could put these jets on W4C Optimus Prime. Seeing these pics I grabbed my Prime, Sun, and Night figures and tried it out. Looks pretty awesome. They seem to sit a little higher than Buzzer and Laser do in the pics but thats okay.

I have to agree though, the alt modes do leave a little bit to be desired (or undesired if you will). The jet pack modes are cooler than the blade modes in my opinion. I would still like to see a Blaster and Soundwave battle platform figures. These could go really well as weapon turrets or flight thrusters for a triple changer version.
Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1220114)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 10th, 2011 @ 5:13pm CDT
I thought these were too large compared with Rumble/Frenzy... but seeing it on Meg's arm, it actually looks pretty darn good... and the jet pack mode looks good on W4C Prime. Trying hard not to buy these things now... Darn you Perfect Effect. Darn you to heck.
Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1220140)
Posted by Mykltron on May 10th, 2011 @ 6:50pm CDT
Wow, third party add ons that fit another third party's kit. :-?
Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1220151)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:41pm CDT
Mykltron wrote:Wow, third party add ons that fit another third party's kit. :-?

What are they gonna do, sue each other for IP infringement? :lol:
Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1220155)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:47pm CDT
The solution is clear. Fansproject and Perfect Effect must team up. :D
Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1220696)
Posted by Hoitytoity on May 12th, 2011 @ 2:32am CDT
Nifty. (not)Reflector has really turned me on to PE so I'll probably be snagging these guys when they come our way.

Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1221062)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 12th, 2011 @ 4:30pm CDT
That was damn quick; they're up for pre-order as a pair on RobotKingdom.
Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1221065)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 12th, 2011 @ 4:33pm CDT
Hoitytoity wrote:By the way, anyone else notice that Laserbeak's jet mode is kinda reminiscent of his cybertronian mode in the first G1 episode? :BOT:

Not really. In the first episode he was a sort of flying saucer with a beak. This is more of a block with a cockpit.
Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1221102)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on May 12th, 2011 @ 6:27pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:The solution is clear. Fansproject and Perfect Effect must team up. :D

All my third party dreams would come true.
Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1224307)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on May 18th, 2011 @ 12:49am CDT
Re: Perfect Effect PE-03 Laser / PE-04 Buzzer Pictures Including Henkei Megatron "Perch" mode (1225331)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 19th, 2011 @ 4:05pm CDT