PerfectEffect: TAW City Commander Missile Launchers

Transformers News: PerfectEffect: TAW City Commander Missile Launchers

Tuesday, April 28th, 2009 8:16PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 10,503

Another third party accessory maker, TAW has released an image of what is apparently another missile launcher set for the FP City Commander armor. They're considerably different than the G1-styled ones of iGear. They're something of a hybrid version of the FP set for the Powered Commander release. TAW has just finished making the God Sword, based off of Fort Max's Sword.

PerfectEffect City Commander Missile Launchers

It will be interesting to see how these evolve as we see clearer, color pictures.

To view the original article in on the HK-TF site, click below:

http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/view ... a=page%3D1
Credit(s): DevastaTTor
Re: PerfectEffect: TAW City Commander Missile Launchers (915549)
Posted by Mkall on April 28th, 2009 @ 8:18pm CDT
Thanks DevastaTTor!

I think I'll stick with the upcoming iGear set for my CC missiles
Re: PerfectEffect: TAW City Commander Missile Launchers (915550)
Posted by Cryo Prime on April 28th, 2009 @ 8:19pm CDT
I rather like these, hope they make them for the Shadow Commander since thats the only one i have :sad:
Re: PerfectEffect: TAW City Commander Missile Launchers (915554)
Posted by DevastaTTor on April 28th, 2009 @ 8:26pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Thanks DevastaTTor!

I think I'll stick with the upcoming iGear set for my CC missiles

Yeah, not sure which I'll get but right now, still leaning towards the iGear. Waiting to see how these look in color though-and actually on the CC armor.
Re: PerfectEffect: TAW City Commander Missile Launchers (915573)
Posted by Firebird on April 28th, 2009 @ 9:28pm CDT
Those are really nice. I wonder what they will be charging for them?

But I prefer the custom ones that I made myself
Re: PerfectEffect: TAW City Commander Missile Launchers (915603)
Posted by typh0id on April 28th, 2009 @ 10:27pm CDT
If the final product looks as nice as the picture, and if the colours match, and IF the price is reasonable (which seems unlikely considering how expensive the God Sword is) I'll buy these...I was really hoping FansProject would release their OWN missile-launchers in CC colours...But if they aren't going to, these would do nicely (as it looks so far)
Re: PerfectEffect: TAW City Commander Missile Launchers (915614)
Posted by Anonymous. on April 28th, 2009 @ 11:03pm CDT
Well no need to run out of supplies for this, seeing as only people with City Commander are going to be needing it anyways ;)
Re: PerfectEffect: TAW City Commander Missile Launchers (915648)
Posted by 009* on April 29th, 2009 @ 2:29am CDT
Mkall wrote:Thanks DevastaTTor!

I think I'll stick with the upcoming iGear set for my CC missiles

When are those coming out exactly?

I think I'll want to see these in color; they might be suitable for Shadow Commander.
Re: PerfectEffect: TAW City Commander Missile Launchers (915719)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 29th, 2009 @ 8:57am CDT
Re: PerfectEffect: TAW City Commander Missile Launchers (915739)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 29th, 2009 @ 9:56am CDT
Prime Evil wrote:Hmmm, mebeh. I'd only need them for Shadow Cmmndr, not PC or CC, and he doesn't need them that badly. I also hope that they aren't too expensive. That TAW sword is already higher in price then I thought it was going to be. I think I'm going to be spending more money on 3rd party accessories this year then actual TF toys themselves.

I'm with ya, all the way here.

Re: PerfectEffect: TAW City Commander Missile Launchers (915797)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 29th, 2009 @ 12:49pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Why would I want these for City Commander when he was designed with attaching the original G1 Launchers from the beginning?

IMO they better match the more futuristic and stylized aesthetic of the City Commander set. If I recall correctly, they added the peg holes later on in production because of fan demand, which is really cool, but I think updated missile launchers look better.

I might get these if FansProject doesn't release their own missiles. It'd doesn't seem likely that they will, even though there would seem to be a lot of demand for it.
Re: PerfectEffect: TAW City Commander Missile Launchers (915907)
Posted by g2grimmy64 on April 29th, 2009 @ 6:56pm CDT
That's a definite maybe for me, but whether or not they actually launch and/or stow in vehicle mode are gonna be pretty big factors for me :-?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Collectors Club 2016 IMPACTOR Subscription Figure NEW IN BOX - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 35 minutes
Transformers G1 1986 DIVEBOMB BOX (empty) predaking - Time Remaining: 5 days 36 minutes 23 seconds
** 2015 Transformers Carzap TFCC Club 3.0 Subscription Service MISB ** - Time Remaining: 6 days 18 hours 7 minutes 18 seconds
** 2015 - Hasbro Transformers COMBINER WARS MOTORMASTER - MOSC ** - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 37 minutes 16 seconds
** 1986 - Transformers Vintage G1 Predaking - Predacon Headstrong - Loose ** - Time Remaining: 5 days 37 minutes 7 seconds
** 2016 - Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks - MISB  ** - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 37 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 RAZORCLAW Bubble and backer card for BOX predaking - Time Remaining: 5 days 39 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Cybertron MEGATRON Hasbro Leader Class Action Figure w gun - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 13 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016