Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins

Transformers News: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins

Thursday, May 12th, 2011 3:29PM CDT

Categories: Collectables, Movie News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 45,216

Remember how we reported about Australia's Perth Min issuing Revenge of the Fallen silver coins back in 2009?
Well they're doing the same thing again for Dark of the Moon!
Perth Mint have announced the issuing of DOTM silver coins for this coming June, they are all 1oz of Silver and will be available from 7th of June 2011.
The coins are of:
  • Megatron
  • Optimus Prime
  • Bumblebee

Credit(s): El Duque, Perth Mint
Re: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins (1221028)
Posted by TheDEMOLISHOR1234 on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:35pm CDT
Megatron looks BEAST!!!
Re: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins (1221033)
Posted by Fallenprime27 on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:44pm CDT
Agree Megatron looks bad ass, cant wait to see how he looks with the cowl that he gonna wear to hide his scared face :BOOM:
Re: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins (1221034)
Posted by MaverickPrime on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:46pm CDT
OMFG Megatron looks like he's gone hell insane!!! =P~
And...it's that thing in his back a Shotgun????
Re: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins (1221043)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:54pm CDT
Damn, light Megatron on Fire and he'd be the Cybertronian equivalent of the Ghostrider.
Re: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins (1221045)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:55pm CDT
Aww shizz! Megatron looks freaking awesome with those chains! Psycho Megatron!!! Oh yeah!
Re: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins (1221057)
Posted by Blurrz on May 12th, 2011 @ 4:13pm CDT
Perth Mint is pretty cool. They did ROTF coins and '07 coins too IIRC. Good on ya Aussies.
Re: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins (1221068)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 12th, 2011 @ 4:39pm CDT
MaverickPrime wrote:And...it's that thing in his back a Shotgun????

Megatron: "See this, primitives? This is my boomstick."
Re: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins (1221074)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 12th, 2011 @ 4:59pm CDT
Chaoslock wrote:
MaverickPrime wrote:And...it's that thing in his back a Shotgun????

Megatron: "See this, primitives? This is my boomstick."

:lol: WIN
to bad the toy megatron looks nothing like this, still, My megatron had better get shotgun! be it 3rd party or re-release, or, dare I say, leader class? :PRAY:
Re: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins (1221080)
Posted by Ungie on May 12th, 2011 @ 5:18pm CDT
Oh they use the TF3 CGI of Megatron, but not of Bumblebee or Prime? They used the TF2 models and not the TF3 models. thats pretty lame, but ill get the coins anyway. Nice collectibles
Re: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins (1221083)
Posted by WarzoneBeta on May 12th, 2011 @ 5:27pm CDT
Megatron's Check List:

Crusher Claw -Check
Freaky Claw - Check
Chains - Check
Badass Cloak w/ Hood - Check
Shotgun - Check

Badass Pose- Big F***ing Check
Re: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins (1221098)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on May 12th, 2011 @ 6:21pm CDT
Megatron looks awesome! :CON: I thought they gave him two normal arms though...
Re: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins (1221156)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 12th, 2011 @ 8:19pm CDT
Megs looks pretty badass. I like those chains and the beat up look he has.

But COINS???? really? Not fan of this style of collectables in any media. I never understood it.

It's a very dated concept to me that goes back to the golden age of comics and decoder rings and the like. WHat exactly are you supposed to do with these things?

I'm wondering if the image transfer will be anywhere close to these promo shots?

I envision bad pixelation. I just feel there's better ways to spend the promotion budget than minting coins. =;
Re: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins (1221217)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 12th, 2011 @ 11:53pm CDT
monstergrotusque wrote:Megs looks pretty badass. I like those chains and the beat up look he has.

Some of us old-timers still know where to get special display boxes designed for these things and have dusty old shelves that we can display them on right next to our Buck Rogers Decoder Rings (also in special display boxes) and we usually keep them one shelf lower than our special edition NASCAR Commemorative Collectors Plates. :P

Just giving you a hard time. For some of us these are fairly cool but they certainly aren't for everyone. The older collectors (myself falling into that range) tend to like little trinkets like these more than the younger crowd, although considering the price of silver I'm not likely to be jumping all over this just because it's a TF3 keepsake. Gonna have to be a heck of a lot more impressive a moment in history to get me to pounce on these.
Re: Perth Mint:Transformers Dark of the Moon coins (1221231)
Posted by michael alex kawa on May 13th, 2011 @ 12:51am CDT
Megatron does look TIGHT!!!!!! i can't wait :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014