Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel

Transformers News: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 12:00AM CDT

Categories: Sponsor News, People News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 65,310

Today only RIPT Apparel is offering a one-a-kind t-shirt design by artist Ninjaink titled "Voice of a Generation". The design features none other than the beloved voice of Optimus Prime, Peter Cullen, in a classic pose any comic book fan will recognize. Ninjaink created this design because of his love of the original Transformers series and to pay homage to the voice of one of the 80's most recognizable figures.

Ninjaink has been gracious enough to donate his proceeds from the sale of the shirt to the Hasbro Children's Hospital in Rhode Island, and RIPT Apparel has chosen to match that donation. $2 of each item sold will be donated to the hospital on behalf of both RIPT and the artist. Peter Cullen himself was honored to be portrayed in such a grandiose way and has given his blessing for the design created by Ninjaink.

This shirt will only be available at RIPT for 24 hours starting at midnight CST Tuesday April 3 for $10. Get yours before Botcon and maybe get a chance to have Mr. Cullen himself sign this iconic tee.

You can support Seibertron.com by clicking on our affiliate links to purchase items from our advertisers!

Credit(s): RIPT Apparel
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365313)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 3rd, 2012 @ 6:27am CDT
I'm not 100% sure on this, but by going on his Deviant art page and from my memory, Tim Lim is an original Seibertronian. I think that's "Morph" if anyone remembers him from back in the day. He was one of the chillest doods on the board and made me my first sig ever. Heck, I even realized that I bought some of his non TF RIPTApparel while browsing through his page.

If that's you Morph, miss ya bud.
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365343)
Posted by First-Aid on April 3rd, 2012 @ 10:42am CDT
That shirt is flipping awesome. Nuff said.
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365371)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 3rd, 2012 @ 11:37am CDT
This looks like a job for Optimus Prime! :grin:
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365521)
Posted by Autobot Joe on April 3rd, 2012 @ 5:03pm CDT
Had to have it! Just confirmed my order.
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365522)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 3rd, 2012 @ 5:04pm CDT
Bought! 8)

No, seriously, I just finished the transaction. :grin:

Peter Cullen as Superman FTW!
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365525)
Posted by Aeravon on April 3rd, 2012 @ 5:10pm CDT
In for one. Such an excellent shirt!
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365533)
Posted by First-Aid on April 3rd, 2012 @ 5:29pm CDT
Got mine. So glad I did.
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365549)
Posted by Kibble on April 3rd, 2012 @ 6:02pm CDT
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365597)
Posted by alternator77 on April 3rd, 2012 @ 8:49pm CDT
Kibble wrote:Are these licensed by Hasbro as well as DC for the Superman reference? If not, I'm not quite sure how I feel about this...IP and all, ya'know. And please don't bring it around BotCon or they'll rip it straight off your chest!

damn you beat me to it :lol: :lol:
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365600)
Posted by KnightStrike on April 3rd, 2012 @ 8:54pm CDT
Glad to have had a heads up on this one. Just ordered one as well. A killer shirt and a great cause all in one.
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365606)
Posted by Rated X on April 3rd, 2012 @ 9:16pm CDT

Let it be known, I have nothing but respect for Peter Cullen and it's great that part off the proceeds go to charity. But the shirt's theme is just not for me.
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365616)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 3rd, 2012 @ 9:41pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Definitely not my style. Im sure this shirt will please some superman fans, but it's kind of dragging us back in time to the era where all transformers fans were considered "comic book geeks". I would rather see shirts that portray the Transformers as battle hardened warriors.
I thought you weren't one to sugar-coat? No matter how edgy one tries to make them look, The Transformers are still toys collected by both children and nerds of all ages. One doesn't have to be into comics to be considered a "geek". :-B ;)
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365637)
Posted by Rated X on April 3rd, 2012 @ 10:47pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Well in this case Im just being honest. Superheroes are the apitimy of comic book culture. Transformers however, are now considered part of pop culture thanks to Michael Bay. Not everyone who is a hardcore Transformers fan likes superheroes. So mixing the two together wont appeal to everyone. Same with the Marvel Crossovers lines. Some might argue that Transformers are "superheroes" but I consider them to be aliens. That is, unless you consider Howard the Duck a superhero. :lol:

Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365640)
Posted by Seibertron on April 3rd, 2012 @ 10:58pm CDT
This shirt sold a ton. You'll be seeing a lot of these around. It's a great shirt.
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365643)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 3rd, 2012 @ 11:06pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Regardless, pop culture in and of itself is at times considered geeky.

Even the Bay movies are guilty of this. They are pure bait for action flick geeks.

Besides, the whole point of this shirt is make Peter Cullen look like a larger-than-life person. You know, one of those "less than a god, more than a man", "living legend" types like how Babe Ruth was to baseball. It's not a Transformers, it's a Peter Cullen shirt.
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365645)
Posted by Calvatron on April 3rd, 2012 @ 11:09pm CDT
Got mine, right at the last second too. talk about good timing. :)
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365647)
Posted by Seibertron on April 3rd, 2012 @ 11:14pm CDT
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365649)
Posted by Seibertron on April 3rd, 2012 @ 11:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Regardless, pop culture in and of itself is at times considered geeky.

I'm a loud and proud geek. Nothing wrong with it. Only thing wrong with some geeks are those that pretend they're not because they want to be "cool" to others. Friends should like each other for who they are ... your "cool" side, your "geek" side, whatever. Just be yourself! Who wants to be friends with someone who doesn't like you or teases you because you like Transformers? There are more important things in the world to judge people on than whether or not they collect a toy line.

Rated X ... I hate to tell you, you are a geek. I'm a geek. Everyone that's a teenager or adult that's into Transformers is a geek on some level. And there's nothing wrong with it.

Embrace your inner geek my friends!
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365668)
Posted by Ultra gordon on April 4th, 2012 @ 1:01am CDT
I'm a geek myself I mean look at my seibertron name, "ultra Gordon" but to be honest I've been collecting transformers since the eighties when my mom got me a metroplex for Christmas , but besides the fact it is a honor to order a shirt that is a tribute to Peter Cullen who has help make transformers for the past nearly 30 years plus the proceeds go to charity, com on guys,?!
Re: Peter Cullen tribute charity t-shirt available today only at RIPT Apparel (1365674)
Posted by Rated X on April 4th, 2012 @ 2:25am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Regardless, pop culture in and of itself is at times considered geeky.

Embrace your inner geek my friends!

Your point is valid Ryan. But wouldn’t you say the whole “geek” thing is more of a stereotype than a reality in today’s TF fans? The whole seibertron.com staff is cool people, definitely not geeks in my opinion. You guys have always been great friends the past 2 years and that is what makes my whole Botcon experiences so enjoyable.

But I do believe it is my job to educate those around me as to how cool TF collectors can really be. I defy every stereotype placed upon us. I think in this day and age, most of the “geek” stereotypes are as fictional as comic book characters themselves. And watching those stereotypes of the past fade away is a good thing to me. That’s why I get a little sensitive when fellow TF fans try to keep those stereotypes alive, blatant or indirectly.

As collectors, we can take a step back or a step forward. We can embrace the stereotypes that have dogged our hobby for decades, or we can rise above them. Lets dictate the hobby, not let it dictate us. :D

Ending Soon On eBay

WASPINATOR Heroic Maximal 1999 Transformers BEAST WARS Deluxe Evil Predicon Wasp - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 6 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Platinum Edition INTEL OPS PERCEPTOR BLASTER Ramhorn Steeljawk NEW - Time Remaining: 8 days 3 hours 55 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Prime Target EX Beast Hunters Bombshell & Shockwave NEW FREE SHIP - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 26 minutes 57 seconds
SPECIAL G1 Transformers OCTANE TAIL FIN SHIELD part - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 44 minutes 16 seconds
1986 Hasbro G1 Transformers Onslaught Misc Parts and Instructions - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 45 minutes 25 seconds
RHINOX Deluxe TransMetals 2 HEROIC MAXIMAL 1999 Transformers BEAST WARS - MOC - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 17 minutes 39 seconds
Vintage Transformers G1: Fortress Maximus Hasbro, Japan, almost complete - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 20 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Generations Ultra Magnus Combiner Wars Leader Class Hasbro New - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 22 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory