Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer

Transformers News: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer

Monday, December 1st, 2008 11:15PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 26,348

New images have surfaced portraying a Masterpiece class sized trailer that could be used for MP-2 Ultra Magnus. The images come courtesy of dalianjj, producer of the MP-1 Convoy Custom Transformable trailer, that was similar to the Justitoys version.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

As you can see from the prototype images, the trailer/ armor set will remain true to its G1 base just as the MP Convoy trailer did. No info has be furnished as far as a potential release date, or quantity that will be available.

Check out the original posting of these, along with what appears to be CG images of the initial armor here.
Credit(s): El Duque
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843522)
Posted by Editor on December 2nd, 2008 @ 12:12am CST
Personally, those pictures look like crap.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843533)
Posted by Stormrider on December 2nd, 2008 @ 12:46am CST
Seeing these photos makes me realize that I am not interested in armor upgrade.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843555)
Posted by coolpop on December 2nd, 2008 @ 1:42am CST
I like it a lot. If Dalianjj makes it I will buy for sure.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843567)
Posted by Shadowstream on December 2nd, 2008 @ 2:03am CST
Here we go again...
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843572)
Posted by vectorA3 on December 2nd, 2008 @ 2:16am CST
i like it. Don't know if i'll be able to afford it though. At minimum, i'll put my MP Prime inside the armor. Can wait to see the final version.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843583)
Posted by JaZzTaStIc on December 2nd, 2008 @ 3:21am CST
thats a surprise :O

year of the Magnus or what!!!

i prob won't be gettin it tho as the MP plus trailer will run into hundreds
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843586)
Posted by Savage on December 2nd, 2008 @ 3:26am CST
Aww, crap. See, until just this moment, I was perfectly happy to never own MP Magnus. If this impresses me enough when I see some pictures of a more finalized product, I might have to make some purchases.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843589)
Posted by Ravage XK on December 2nd, 2008 @ 3:33am CST
Its very G1 and that may be the problem. Its a bit basic. Compared to the look of the City Commander upgrade which gives Magnus a beefy tough look, this set looks a bit lanky. Having said that, might look a lot better in the proper colours.

I hope they add more detailing to it.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843596)
Posted by Tigertrack on December 2nd, 2008 @ 4:13am CST
Not something I am looking to own at the moment.

It's cool, but I would hope, if there ever was an official release that they could give it some sort of ankle/foot articulation so we do not have the big flat foot splayed apart, most of it not touching the ground if the legs are not straight up and down, etc.

Still a nice piece of work and engineering.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843599)
Posted by Alpharoh on December 2nd, 2008 @ 4:30am CST
Hmmm, many different feelings about this piece. It's G1 accurate, and I always hoped that someone would bring out a MP trailer set for Magnus so I could have that and MP Prime together, looking 'the business'. But i agree on alot of the points made, it should have some ankle articulation, and the colours should be G1 accurate considering everything else is, and, of course, the price shouldn't be outragous.
In terms of which upgrade set I prefer, i think they have 2 different looks, this one is more humanoid with G1 accuracy, the other that we have is more new and cybertronian looking.

I hope this is released en-masse because I'm 94.9% sure i'd get it. :grin:
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843605)
Posted by GreenLantern of Cybertron on December 2nd, 2008 @ 5:01am CST
Well i will defenatly be watching how this armor progresses.

but in my opinion the armor needs work:
-the plates over the thighs look cheap and unnecessary
-the head looks flat and without personality, they should actually sculpt a face.
-the missiles look odd.
-it looks cheap and breakable.
-he needs more upper arm, feels like the shoulder connects to the elbow.
-doesn't look very solid in places, the chest seems like its made out of plastic sheets glued together

-trailer mode looks fine, its the robot mode that needs work.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843617)
Posted by UltraPrimal on December 2nd, 2008 @ 5:45am CST
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843655)
Posted by DevastaTTor on December 2nd, 2008 @ 7:58am CST
UltraPrimal wrote:I think I'm good with my City Commander. This looks a little shit in comparison.

Yeah, I agree completely. This would have been OK pre-City Commander. Now it just looks dopey and awkward. That head is especially bad.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843664)
Posted by HighPrime on December 2nd, 2008 @ 8:21am CST
Wow... some of you people are brutally honest. Wondering if those comments would be made to the face of the creator.

Anyway, A+ for effort. I don't think it looks half bad at this stage; mind you, it's a prototype. If this doesn't cost an "arm and a leg" :lol: , I'm in.

Like someone else commented, the only reason I picked up an MP Magnus was in hopes that someone would create armor. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843666)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 2nd, 2008 @ 8:24am CST
I would much more prefer if this would be made more up to date, more detail give the figure a bit more hight and having a more modern take on his head, it's just too big of a head.
And giving it it's own hands would make it cooler.
Other then that it looks quite good.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843682)
Posted by Editor on December 2nd, 2008 @ 9:31am CST
Dead Metal wrote:I have the same problems with this as I have with his MP Prime trailer. It's just the G1 scaled up.

Bingo.

And yes HighPrime, I likely would tell the creators what I honestly think. Simply that as an scaled-up version of the original G1 armor, it's not too bad (except the missile pods, those don't look right) But thats the whole point. Just like a YouTube video when you raise it to fullscreen and it pixalates, If you are making a larger unit so you have more mass to work with, Some people (obviously myself included) would expect to see more done with it. To tell them differently would just be padding their ego, when I would perfer to give them an honest opinion to work with.

Looking at what FansProject has done with the City Commander upgrade for Classics Magnus and their take on "Masterpiece Roller" The bar has been raised on what Fans can expect from 3rd parties, and sadly this just doesn't cut it for me. If I had the Masterpiece Magnus, I would rather wait for something better that wouldn't look outclassed by the badass Classics UM/CC already in my collection.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843712)
Posted by Mykltron on December 2nd, 2008 @ 10:26am CST
Look only slightly more poseable than G1 Magnus. BIG pass.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843716)
Posted by Nujevad on December 2nd, 2008 @ 10:31am CST
Are we looking at the same trailer here? it transforms in a totally different way than the G1 version.

True, it needs a lot of work to be on the level of the City Commander set, but it's still too early to tell if it's worth it or not.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843721)
Posted by First-Aid on December 2nd, 2008 @ 10:53am CST
Nice idea...but it looks kinda weird...especially the shoulders. The lack of ROM on the shoulders is just a turn off. Also, if you look at the leg armor, it's just kind of a "wraparound"...

...I'll pass. Props on the idea though for sure.
Re: Pics of Prototype MP Ultra Magnus Trailer (843725)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 2nd, 2008 @ 11:06am CST
Nujevad wrote:

G1 scaled up as in It looks just like the original G1 toy wit aded articulation.

Ending Soon On eBay

original G1 Transformers cassette BUZZSAW 100% COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 11 days 16 hours 8 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Dark Of The Moon Deluxe *NITRO BUMBLEBEE* New unopened DOTM - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 42 minutes 1 second
25cm Transformers Generation Combiner Wars Leader G1 Megatron Action Figure 2015 - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 28 minutes 10 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generation 1: Shockwave Robot Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 13 minutes 5 seconds
[US Seller] Takara Tomy Autobots Q Transformers Series 7 Lockdown QT-25 - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 minutes 6 seconds
NEW Transformers TOYS R US ExclusiveG1 reissue SOUNDWAVE w/ LASERBEAK & RAVAGE - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 4 minutes 33 seconds
transformers rescue bots lot MORBOT,SALVAGE,MEDIX easy transform NEW/SEALED - Time Remaining: 26 days 19 hours 5 minutes 26 seconds
[US Seller] Takara Tomy Autobots Q Transformers Series 7 Bumblebee QT-24 - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks