Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Platinum Ultra Magnus In Box Photo (Blurry)

Transformers News: Platinum Ultra Magnus In Box Photo (Blurry)

Thursday, April 25th, 2013 1:54PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 15,250

As previously reported here, the blog Autobase Aichi has been busy providing new info today. A little bit of it had been overlooked at first glance. Not only did we get to see a mockup for a supposed Sandstorm, but there was also a listing and release date for Platinum Edition (Also known as Year Of The Snake) Ultra Magnus from Transformers Prime Beast Hunters.

The blog's page has been roughly translated below:

At the bulletin board of this site, the fans in Taiwan, has posted a new list of local products.

're Posted to all four in the documentation for the manufacturer. Released in Taiwan has been specified.

April 22, Generations Voyager class Assorted
May 27 Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus
June 3 Ultimation Tsu class Puredakingu, Optimus
June 26, cyber Bath Commander Class

Voyager class, seems to have appeared in Release Date wave3 two tripling changer the other day. Sand storm seems to be published as ASSORTMENT of wave4 Apart from that.

Commander class, assorted, including a re-deco Optimus and Haffa.

Platinum Ultra Magnus In Box Photo (Blurry)

It's yet unknown whether or not this will be released in Canada, like previous YOTS offerings have been. If the pattern remains the same, chances are that it might actually see retail in North America. (Canada only.) As soon as we know, you'll know. We'll keep you updated!
Credit(s): Autobase Aichi

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Platinum Ultra Magnus In Box Photo (Blurry) (1481961)
Posted by Va'al on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:18pm CDT
See, that's how you post news.

I'll just stick to comics, shall I? :P
Re: Platinum Ultra Magnus In Box Photo (Blurry) (1481970)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:38pm CDT
Re: Platinum Ultra Magnus In Box Photo (Blurry) (1481973)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:42pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:That so called mock-up of Sandstorm is exactly that. A mock-up. It says Fall of Cybertron on it and well all know he was never a repaint of Springer.

Psssssst, it's confirmed fake. :-$ It's a digibash, even has the watermark of the maker intact.
Re: Platinum Ultra Magnus In Box Photo (Blurry) (1481975)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:44pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Psssssst, it's confirmed fake. It's a digibash, even has the watermark of the maker intact. :-$

I know it's fake. I knew it was fake the moment I saw it.
Re: Platinum Ultra Magnus In Box Photo (Blurry) (1481976)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:45pm CDT
Hoping that Ultra Magnus comes to Canada! I want it, and that hammer is awesome!
Re: Platinum Ultra Magnus In Box Photo (Blurry) (1481988)
Posted by NovaSentinel on April 25th, 2013 @ 3:15pm CDT

That pic has been around for a while now. I'm not sure how much of a Retool of Springer Sandstorm will be, as it's clear he has an altered transformation as well. Other than the head sculpt and rotor omissions, he will probably be quite similar.

As for Magnus, I much prefer the darker blue over the baby blue bh voyager, and it's nice to see an appropriately coloured (and sized) Forge, but I can't help but feel that the white/pale grey plastic on his legs and abdomen looks a little cheap.
Re: Platinum Ultra Magnus In Box Photo (Blurry) (1482001)
Posted by OptiMagnus on April 25th, 2013 @ 3:51pm CDT
Well I'm happy! It seems like someone at Hasbro last year said; "Hey, didn't we used to have a character who was Optimus Prime's brother or something? We should bring him back."
Re: Platinum Ultra Magnus In Box Photo (Blurry) (1482042)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 25th, 2013 @ 5:35pm CDT
I predict many buying this just for the Forge. :ic$:
Re: Platinum Ultra Magnus In Box Photo (Blurry) (1482078)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 25th, 2013 @ 8:07pm CDT
I could be convinced to pick this up, it's really a matter of price.

This is a pretty cool mold and I wouldn't mind owning it since I had no reason at all to buy Optimus.
Re: Platinum Ultra Magnus In Box Photo (Blurry) (1482202)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 26th, 2013 @ 6:59am CDT
All those Autobot symbols on the box strike me as a little obnoxious.

Doubt I'll bother with this figure. We're looking at what, north of $40 for an out-of-scale figure and a very pretty hammer. I suppose it's in scale with the Ultimate Optimus figure, but I'm not planning on getting that one either.

I will say though, while the picture isn't perfectly clear, it does look like his shoulder pads form closer to his wheel base in vehicle mode. Makes him look much more like one of those really flashy tow-trucks. I like that. Just wish the voyager could pull that off.
Re: Platinum Ultra Magnus In Box Photo (Blurry) (1482286)
Posted by STngAR on April 26th, 2013 @ 1:09pm CDT
Im just fine with the Beast Hunters Ultra Magnus. There is no way that mould is worth the platinum price even with the fancy forge IMO. :MAXIMAL:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok