Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series

Transformers News: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series

Sunday, June 15th, 2014 5:58AM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Company News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,009

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

In Transformers: Robots in Disguise animated series news, the CEO of Polygon Pictures Shuzo Shiota has mentioned on Twitter that the studio is indeed once again invoved in the animation side of the new series. They were involved in the production of Transformers: Prime, too, so might we see some more CGI soon?

New TV series the transformers, the title has been announced. 2015 spring broadcasting. Again in the PPI are responsible filmmaking



Credit(s): Shuzo Shiota
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1582383)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 15th, 2014 @ 6:32am CDT
This makes me hopeful that it'll look consistent with Prime. :D
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1582429)
Posted by leokearon on June 15th, 2014 @ 11:31am CDT
Va'al wrote:In Transformers: Robots in Disguise animated series news, the CEO of Polygon Pictures Shuzo Shiota has mentioned on Twitter that the studio is indeed once again invoved in the animation side of the new series. They were involved in the production of Transformers: Prime, too, so might we see some more CGI soon?

New TV series the transformers, the title has been announced. 2015 spring broadcasting. Again in the PPI are responsible filmmaking


Tweet


As long as this show isn't all CGI, I'll be happy. Pure CGI cartoons are a bad idea.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1582493)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 15th, 2014 @ 3:26pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Are we ignoring the possibility of a human character? The only shows that haven't had a human sidekick were very experimental, which I doubt RID 2 will be
Well, Ms. Zimmer's Tweet did say that she's a Transformer.

But since you bring up the possibility of new human sidekicks, I hope that any new humans in this show are at least as decently-written/decently-depicted as the Burns family.


My fingers are crossed for at least some of the human characters to not be new. Raf, in particular, seems almost necessary to bring back, given Bumblebee's role in the show.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1582500)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 15th, 2014 @ 3:57pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Are we ignoring the possibility of a human character? The only shows that haven't had a human sidekick were very experimental, which I doubt RID 2 will be
Well, Ms. Zimmer's Tweet did say that she's a Transformer.

But since you bring up the possibility of new human sidekicks, I hope that any new humans in this show are at least as decently-written/decently-depicted as the Burns family.


My fingers are crossed for at least some of the human characters to not be new. Raf, in particular, seems almost necessary to bring back, given Bumblebee's role in the show.

A grown up Raf would be neat. He was one of the more useful humans in Prime.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1582527)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 15th, 2014 @ 6:07pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:A grown up Raf would be neat. He was one of the more useful humans in Prime.


Several of the humans in Prime pulled their weight pretty well, actually. The one that really kind of surprised me is how dangerous MECH wound up being.

But yeah, Raf is probably one of the most useful kid sidekicks the Autobots have ever had, and he had some great character moments, too. I'm even completely cool with him being able to understand Bumblebee before he got his voice back, because Raf was, I feel, handled fairly well as a character.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1582574)
Posted by PrymeStriker on June 15th, 2014 @ 10:58pm CDT
On the VA announcement, I'm pretty sure she'll be the Elite Guard cadet. If so, I concur that it would make for some interesting interactions with the rebel Sideswipe.

And Polygon Pictures are simply amazing. I'm glad their back again to do this series. Though, I'm curious as to how the illustrations will translate into CGI. More specifically Fixit, since he looks like he'd fit in more with 2D animation than the others.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583509)
Posted by kaijuguy19 on June 18th, 2014 @ 6:40pm CDT
I wonder if the RID show is somewhat inspired by the IDW series of the same name? After all in IDW Bumblebee was leader for a short time as well as trying to stop threats Decepticon or otherwise. If so would the series after this will be titled More then Meets the Eye like the IDW comic of the same name which deals with another team of Autobots exploring? That would be neat to see. :)
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583510)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 18th, 2014 @ 6:41pm CDT
kaijuguy19 wrote:I wonder if the RID show is somewhat inspired by the IDW series of the same name? After all in IDW Bumblebee was leader for a short time as well as trying to stop threats Decepticon or otherwise. If so would the series after this will be titled More then Meets the Eye like the IDW comic of the same name which deals with another team of Autobots exploring? That would be neat to see. :)


Anything's possible.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583512)
Posted by Shuttershock on June 18th, 2014 @ 6:54pm CDT
kaijuguy19 wrote:I wonder if the RID show is somewhat inspired by the IDW series of the same name? After all in IDW Bumblebee was leader for a short time as well as trying to stop threats Decepticon or otherwise. If so would the series after this will be titled More then Meets the Eye like the IDW comic of the same name which deals with another team of Autobots exploring? That would be neat to see. :)


Honestly, that would be a GREAT direction to go. Some of the best things that have happened to the Transformers brand in terms of elevating the concepts and characters have been in the RID and MTMTE comic series. A post-war political intrigue story and a character driven space operah, both of which have no involvement with Earth or humans.

They're practically Beast Wars in terms of experimental levels, and they're where I go when I want writers and producers who treat their characters as more than just advertising for toys and cars.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583560)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 18th, 2014 @ 10:52pm CDT
I really feel that due to the movies they've stressed the point of Optimus Prime as the one, true, Autobot leader. I think they should stay away from any radical changes as long as the movie franchise is going on.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583561)
Posted by Autobot tap out on June 18th, 2014 @ 10:58pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I really feel that due to the movies they've stressed the point of Optimus Prime as the one, true, Autobot leader. I think they should stay away from any radical changes as long as the movie franchise is going on.

I'm confused your either saying that prime in rid 2015 should still be leader (even though he sacrificed himself) or give the leadership role to someone else, probably bumblebe
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583591)
Posted by Metro Prime on June 19th, 2014 @ 2:39am CDT
Autobot tap out wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I really feel that due to the movies they've stressed the point of Optimus Prime as the one, true, Autobot leader. I think they should stay away from any radical changes as long as the movie franchise is going on.

I'm confused your either saying that prime in rid 2015 should still be leader (even though he sacrificed himself) or give the leadership role to someone else, probably bumblebe

I think he means that, because of the movies, kids associate Optimus Prime with a leadership role. With the Optimus-heavy Age of Extinction coming soon, it may be somewhat confusing to see Bumblebee as the leader and a brand new set of characters.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583593)
Posted by Shuttershock on June 19th, 2014 @ 3:08am CDT
Metro Prime wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I really feel that due to the movies they've stressed the point of Optimus Prime as the one, true, Autobot leader. I think they should stay away from any radical changes as long as the movie franchise is going on.

I'm confused your either saying that prime in rid 2015 should still be leader (even though he sacrificed himself) or give the leadership role to someone else, probably bumblebe

I think he means that, because of the movies, kids associate Optimus Prime with a leadership role. With the Optimus-heavy Age of Extinction coming soon, it may be somewhat confusing to see Bumblebee as the leader and a brand new set of characters.


I see what YOU mean by confusing continuities, but I can't help but think of the "Ironhide not in Prime" situation. Because he died in DOTM, they supposedly didn't want to confuse kids, so had Bulkhead in his place as the team muscle. Yet Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave were all primary antagonists in the show, and they got annihilated in DOTM.

My overall point is that I think we could get by with mainstream continuities with different leaders. IDW does it, and Hasbro doesn't make them tow the line. It just kind of bugs me that future shows have to fall in line with movie sensibilities, when that continuity is doing the LEAST creative things with the brand.

Sorry for ranting, I just kind of get on a track and have to get it all out.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583745)
Posted by Metro Prime on June 19th, 2014 @ 1:42pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I really feel that due to the movies they've stressed the point of Optimus Prime as the one, true, Autobot leader. I think they should stay away from any radical changes as long as the movie franchise is going on.

I'm confused your either saying that prime in rid 2015 should still be leader (even though he sacrificed himself) or give the leadership role to someone else, probably bumblebe

I think he means that, because of the movies, kids associate Optimus Prime with a leadership role. With the Optimus-heavy Age of Extinction coming soon, it may be somewhat confusing to see Bumblebee as the leader and a brand new set of characters.


I see what YOU mean by confusing continuities, but I can't help but think of the "Ironhide not in Prime" situation. Because he died in DOTM, they supposedly didn't want to confuse kids, so had Bulkhead in his place as the team muscle. Yet Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave were all primary antagonists in the show, and they got annihilated in DOTM.

My overall point is that I think we could get by with mainstream continuities with different leaders. IDW does it, and Hasbro doesn't make them tow the line. It just kind of bugs me that future shows have to fall in line with movie sensibilities, when that continuity is doing the LEAST creative things with the brand.

Sorry for ranting, I just kind of get on a track and have to get it all out.

The problem is that, for a lot of people, the Bay movies ARE the definitive version of Transformers. Some people just don't understand the concept of multiverses and alternate continuities.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583746)
Posted by Metro Prime on June 19th, 2014 @ 1:42pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I really feel that due to the movies they've stressed the point of Optimus Prime as the one, true, Autobot leader. I think they should stay away from any radical changes as long as the movie franchise is going on.

I'm confused your either saying that prime in rid 2015 should still be leader (even though he sacrificed himself) or give the leadership role to someone else, probably bumblebe

I think he means that, because of the movies, kids associate Optimus Prime with a leadership role. With the Optimus-heavy Age of Extinction coming soon, it may be somewhat confusing to see Bumblebee as the leader and a brand new set of characters.


I see what YOU mean by confusing continuities, but I can't help but think of the "Ironhide not in Prime" situation. Because he died in DOTM, they supposedly didn't want to confuse kids, so had Bulkhead in his place as the team muscle. Yet Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave were all primary antagonists in the show, and they got annihilated in DOTM.

My overall point is that I think we could get by with mainstream continuities with different leaders. IDW does it, and Hasbro doesn't make them tow the line. It just kind of bugs me that future shows have to fall in line with movie sensibilities, when that continuity is doing the LEAST creative things with the brand.

Sorry for ranting, I just kind of get on a track and have to get it all out.

The problem is that, for a lot of people, the Bay movies ARE the definitive version of Transformers. Some people just don't understand the concept of multiverses and alternate continuities.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583757)
Posted by Autobot tap out on June 19th, 2014 @ 2:09pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I really feel that due to the movies they've stressed the point of Optimus Prime as the one, true, Autobot leader. I think they should stay away from any radical changes as long as the movie franchise is going on.

I'm confused your either saying that prime in rid 2015 should still be leader (even though he sacrificed himself) or give the leadership role to someone else, probably bumblebe

I think he means that, because of the movies, kids associate Optimus Prime with a leadership role. With the Optimus-heavy Age of Extinction coming soon, it may be somewhat confusing to see Bumblebee as the leader and a brand new set of characters.


I see what YOU mean by confusing continuities, but I can't help but think of the "Ironhide not in Prime" situation. Because he died in DOTM, they supposedly didn't want to confuse kids, so had Bulkhead in his place as the team muscle. Yet Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave were all primary antagonists in the show, and they got annihilated in DOTM.

My overall point is that I think we could get by with mainstream continuities with different leaders. IDW does it, and Hasbro doesn't make them tow the line. It just kind of bugs me that future shows have to fall in line with movie sensibilities, when that continuity is doing the LEAST creative things with the brand.

Sorry for ranting, I just kind of get on a track and have to get it all out.

The problem is that, for a lot of people, the Bay movies ARE the definitive version of Transformers. Some people just don't understand the concept of multiverses and alternate continuities.


thanks for the clear up i wasn't sure what they meant by that. I like the BAY-verse Films, Prime, UT, Animated, G1 I kind of have a Obsession with the 1986 animated Film . what i thought was that he was talking about the cartoon , or was it me that changed continuities on Him any way. I noticed in the Marvel and IDW megatron seems to have Personalities that are "not them" this whole Mulitversal scene is messing me Up i support the fact that there are different universes. on a side note I hope they do more stuff with animated And UT also i want a Shattered Glass Themed Series or Episode in a upcoming series :BOOM: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583812)
Posted by kaijuguy19 on June 19th, 2014 @ 4:23pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
kaijuguy19 wrote:I wonder if the RID show is somewhat inspired by the IDW series of the same name? After all in IDW Bumblebee was leader for a short time as well as trying to stop threats Decepticon or otherwise. If so would the series after this will be titled More then Meets the Eye like the IDW comic of the same name which deals with another team of Autobots exploring? That would be neat to see. :)


Honestly, that would be a GREAT direction to go. Some of the best things that have happened to the Transformers brand in terms of elevating the concepts and characters have been in the RID and MTMTE comic series. A post-war political intrigue story and a character driven space operah, both of which have no involvement with Earth or humans.

They're practically Beast Wars in terms of experimental levels, and they're where I go when I want writers and producers who treat their characters as more than just advertising for toys and cars.


If they do go with another series that has MTMTE as it's title I'd like to see Arcee lead her own team in the show because not only it'll be the first time the franchise has had a fembot leading her own team in years since Elita 1 from G1 but it'll also be a great way to bring in more female fans into the franchise not to mention show Hasbro that there are also male fans that are into major fembot characters. I mean Legend of Korra proved that it can have a female character in the main role of an action show so perhaps Hasbro can take notes from that.

Though I would be fine if Ultra Magnus takes over as leader too. He's proven to be a good leader in Prime and it'll be fun to explore more of his character.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583829)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 19th, 2014 @ 4:38pm CDT
I meant that due to the films there might be some confusion. Also lets not forget the last time they tried to switch Optimus Prime out as leader many fans were turned off.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583846)
Posted by Shuttershock on June 19th, 2014 @ 5:38pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I really feel that due to the movies they've stressed the point of Optimus Prime as the one, true, Autobot leader. I think they should stay away from any radical changes as long as the movie franchise is going on.

I'm confused your either saying that prime in rid 2015 should still be leader (even though he sacrificed himself) or give the leadership role to someone else, probably bumblebe

I think he means that, because of the movies, kids associate Optimus Prime with a leadership role. With the Optimus-heavy Age of Extinction coming soon, it may be somewhat confusing to see Bumblebee as the leader and a brand new set of characters.


I see what YOU mean by confusing continuities, but I can't help but think of the "Ironhide not in Prime" situation. Because he died in DOTM, they supposedly didn't want to confuse kids, so had Bulkhead in his place as the team muscle. Yet Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave were all primary antagonists in the show, and they got annihilated in DOTM.

My overall point is that I think we could get by with mainstream continuities with different leaders. IDW does it, and Hasbro doesn't make them tow the line. It just kind of bugs me that future shows have to fall in line with movie sensibilities, when that continuity is doing the LEAST creative things with the brand.

Sorry for ranting, I just kind of get on a track and have to get it all out.

The problem is that, for a lot of people, the Bay movies ARE the definitive version of Transformers. Some people just don't understand the concept of multiverses and alternate continuities.


And even weirder still, in terms of adaptations, is how you don't see this flippant attitude with other franchises. The Marvel movies don't have to put up with crap like this. They have directors and writers that respect the lineage of the characters, as well as being, for the most part, very good movies. Why do we have to settle with high-profile movies that are just middle of the road in terms of writing quality and story?
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583851)
Posted by Shuttershock on June 19th, 2014 @ 5:52pm CDT
kaijuguy19 wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
kaijuguy19 wrote:I wonder if the RID show is somewhat inspired by the IDW series of the same name? After all in IDW Bumblebee was leader for a short time as well as trying to stop threats Decepticon or otherwise. If so would the series after this will be titled More then Meets the Eye like the IDW comic of the same name which deals with another team of Autobots exploring? That would be neat to see. :)


Honestly, that would be a GREAT direction to go. Some of the best things that have happened to the Transformers brand in terms of elevating the concepts and characters have been in the RID and MTMTE comic series. A post-war political intrigue story and a character driven space operah, both of which have no involvement with Earth or humans.

They're practically Beast Wars in terms of experimental levels, and they're where I go when I want writers and producers who treat their characters as more than just advertising for toys and cars.


If they do go with another series that has MTMTE as it's title I'd like to see Arcee lead her own team in the show because not only it'll be the first time the franchise has had a fembot leading her own team in years since Elita 1 from G1 but it'll also be a great way to bring in more female fans into the franchise not to mention show Hasbro that there are also male fans that are into major fembot characters. I mean Legend of Korra proved that it can have a female character in the main role of an action show so perhaps Hasbro can take notes from that.

Though I would be fine if Ultra Magnus takes over as leader too. He's proven to be a good leader in Prime and it'll be fun to explore more of his character.


I'd be on board for either as team leaders. Arcee has gotten some good coverage in recent years as a stoic, somewhat dark but overall good bot. Mags has been playing second fiddle forever, but I'd like the idea of him being a tested soldier having to rise to the occasion and take on a leadership position and struggling with the difference.

Hell, you could also give Rodimus another run. He might have been maligned as "not-Optimus" in G1, but time has shown he had good stories about the burden of filling the legendary hero's shoes. And since then, from Animated to IDW, he's had some nice interpretations as a competent but brash soldier.

Really, anyone COULD be a good replacement leader, if the writers are clever and the brand can ease up on the movieverse "Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and some other guys" mentality.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583853)
Posted by Archanubis on June 19th, 2014 @ 5:58pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I meant that due to the films there might be some confusion. Also lets not forget the last time they tried to switch Optimus Prime out as leader many fans were turned off.

Rodimus, in my humble opinion, wasn't handled well; then again, there's a lot from the third season of G1 that had a lot to be desired.

That said, it would be nice to see a series where Optimus and Megatron weren't regular characters in Transformers. It would have to be handled fairly well for it to work, though. :CON:
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583862)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 19th, 2014 @ 6:30pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:I see what YOU mean by confusing continuities, but I can't help but think of the "Ironhide not in Prime" situation. Because he died in DOTM, they supposedly didn't want to confuse kids, so had Bulkhead in his place as the team muscle. Yet Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave were all primary antagonists in the show, and they got annihilated in DOTM.


I think that might partly be a matter of prominence. Starscream's role was fairly limited in the movies, Soundwave's even moreso, and Shockwave was barely more than a cameo. Heck, in the first movie, Megatron himself got less screen time than Ironhide. The movie series doesn't flesh out its Decepticons much.

Also, in Shockwave's case, he didn't enter the picture in Prime until much later than the others, so keeping in step with DotM was probably less important by then since it had ceased to be current.

Shuttershock wrote:And even weirder still, in terms of adaptations, is how you don't see this flippant attitude with other franchises. The Marvel movies don't have to put up with crap like this. They have directors and writers that respect the lineage of the characters, as well as being, for the most part, very good movies. Why do we have to settle with high-profile movies that are just middle of the road in terms of writing quality and story?


I'm told the films make money. but yeah, I'd like it if the people making the films seemed to get Transformers a bit more. My main problem is that they don't seem to get that a story can be about people without those people being humans.

I haven't followed the comics much, but the cartoons, thankfully, seem to get that the Transformers are individuals, rather than automatons. Though they're the same on the surface, there's a real difference between Movie Bumblebee and Prime Bumblebee.

Thankfully, given the premise of this show, it seems they've broken step with the films a bit. If anything, it looks like they might be trying to create a hybrid of Prime, Rescue Bots, and Animated. And I think I oould get behind Bumblebee as a leader. He did a good job taking charge in Predacons Rising, so he clearly has the potential, but he's untested in the position, rather than someone who's been leading the Autobots since the dawn of time. I think it's possible he'd slide into a similar role to Optimus Primal or Animated Optimus Prime, and, frankly, I can live with that.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583875)
Posted by Autobot tap out on June 19th, 2014 @ 7:21pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:I see what YOU mean by confusing continuities, but I can't help but think of the "Ironhide not in Prime" situation. Because he died in DOTM, they supposedly didn't want to confuse kids, so had Bulkhead in his place as the team muscle. Yet Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave were all primary antagonists in the show, and they got annihilated in DOTM.


I think that might partly be a matter of prominence. Starscream's role was fairly limited in the movies, Soundwave's even moreso, and Shockwave was barely more than a cameo. Heck, in the first movie, Megatron himself got less screen time than Ironhide. The movie series doesn't flesh out its Decepticons much.

Also, in Shockwave's case, he didn't enter the picture in Prime until much later than the others, so keeping in step with DotM was probably less important by then since it had ceased to be current.

Shuttershock wrote:And even weirder still, in terms of adaptations, is how you don't see this flippant attitude with other franchises. The Marvel movies don't have to put up with crap like this. They have directors and writers that respect the lineage of the characters, as well as being, for the most part, very good movies. Why do we have to settle with high-profile movies that are just middle of the road in terms of writing quality and story?


I'm told the films make money. but yeah, I'd like it if the people making the films seemed to get Transformers a bit more. My main problem is that they don't seem to get that a story can be about people without those people being humans.

I haven't followed the comics much, but the cartoons, thankfully, seem to get that the Transformers are individuals, rather than automatons. Though they're the same on the surface, there's a real difference between Movie Bumblebee and Prime Bumblebee.

Thankfully, given the premise of this show, it seems they've broken step with the films a bit. If anything, it looks like they might be trying to create a hybrid of Prime, Rescue Bots, and Animated. And I think I oould get behind Bumblebee as a leader. He did a good job taking charge in Predacons Rising, so he clearly has the potential, but he's untested in the position, rather than someone who's been leading the Autobots since the dawn of time. I think it's possible he'd slide into a similar role to Optimus Primal or Animated Optimus Prime, and, frankly, I can live with that.

Animated Optimus I could potentially see primal on the other hand (mumbles under breath) to be fair I never understood beast wars/machines and thought it was boring so I in opinion dislike it even though it is part of the G1 continuity
And think most other series within the franchise are better than it even animated is good. sad that there won't be any shattered glass themed episodes or finding there are polar opposites of the respective fractions
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583878)
Posted by kaijuguy19 on June 19th, 2014 @ 7:32pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
kaijuguy19 wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
kaijuguy19 wrote:I wonder if the RID show is somewhat inspired by the IDW series of the same name? After all in IDW Bumblebee was leader for a short time as well as trying to stop threats Decepticon or otherwise. If so would the series after this will be titled More then Meets the Eye like the IDW comic of the same name which deals with another team of Autobots exploring? That would be neat to see. :)


Honestly, that would be a GREAT direction to go. Some of the best things that have happened to the Transformers brand in terms of elevating the concepts and characters have been in the RID and MTMTE comic series. A post-war political intrigue story and a character driven space operah, both of which have no involvement with Earth or humans.

They're practically Beast Wars in terms of experimental levels, and they're where I go when I want writers and producers who treat their characters as more than just advertising for toys and cars.


If they do go with another series that has MTMTE as it's title I'd like to see Arcee lead her own team in the show because not only it'll be the first time the franchise has had a fembot leading her own team in years since Elita 1 from G1 but it'll also be a great way to bring in more female fans into the franchise not to mention show Hasbro that there are also male fans that are into major fembot characters. I mean Legend of Korra proved that it can have a female character in the main role of an action show so perhaps Hasbro can take notes from that.

Though I would be fine if Ultra Magnus takes over as leader too. He's proven to be a good leader in Prime and it'll be fun to explore more of his character.


I'd be on board for either as team leaders. Arcee has gotten some good coverage in recent years as a stoic, somewhat dark but overall good bot. Mags has been playing second fiddle forever, but I'd like the idea of him being a tested soldier having to rise to the occasion and take on a leadership position and struggling with the difference.

Hell, you could also give Rodimus another run. He might have been maligned as "not-Optimus" in G1, but time has shown he had good stories about the burden of filling the legendary hero's shoes. And since then, from Animated to IDW, he's had some nice interpretations as a competent but brash soldier.

Really, anyone COULD be a good replacement leader, if the writers are clever and the brand can ease up on the movieverse "Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and some other guys" mentality.


Agreed on both Arcee and Magnus. It'll certainly shake things up and help the franchise feel fresh again.

I'd be cool with Rodimus having another go at the leader thing but at the same time I can't help but wonder if people will accuse him of rehashing Smokescreen's arc from Prime? Maybe take Rodimus into a different direction like maybe he starts out as being a jerk but has a character arc that changes him for the better.

I can also get behind having Elita 1 being the leader again too since she's been neglected for a long time.
Re: Polygon Pictures Involved in Transformers: Robots in Disguise Series (1583880)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 19th, 2014 @ 7:38pm CDT
I'd prefer seeing something where Optimus is the supreme commander with smaller "teams" underneath its command. That way Rodimus, Magnus, Bumblebee, and even Arcee or Smokescreen could get a shot.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014