Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode

Transformers News: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode

Friday, January 3rd, 2014 3:46PM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,116

We have what could be our first glimpse of Transformers: Age of Extinction's Drift from a bit of an unlikely source. The popwars Instagram account has posted an image featuring a trio of Funko style prototypes, which they are referencing as Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Drift. Prime and Bee are obvious, but the third character they've labeled Drift is all new. As you can see the figure has a Samurai styled appearance, and early script rumors did describe Drift as a Samurai type character. These type figures are of course very stylized, but this may be our first look at Drift in robot mode none the less.

Transformers coming soon! Drift , Prime and BumbleBee most likely from the New movie releasing. #funko #popwars #transformers #bumblebee

Credit(s): popwars

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539187)
Posted by RhA on January 3rd, 2014 @ 4:32pm CST
Thoughtfully I scratch my chin.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539190)
Posted by njb902 on January 3rd, 2014 @ 4:35pm CST
Wow that is really hard to extrapolate what "Drift" will look like.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539191)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 3rd, 2014 @ 4:36pm CST

Also, I really hope final Optimus doesn't have a derpy spaced-out expression he seems to have here.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539194)
Posted by Rated X on January 3rd, 2014 @ 4:42pm CST
So theyre going to be bobbleheads in TF4 ? :lol:
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539269)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 3rd, 2014 @ 10:21pm CST
had a feeling bay was going to go full samurai with drift
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539271)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 3rd, 2014 @ 10:36pm CST
Megatron Wolf wrote:had a feeling bay was going to go full samurai with drift
As opposed to when other TFs go "full samurai" in other works?

Why is it okay for someone like Bludgeon but not for Drift here?
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539273)
Posted by Burn on January 3rd, 2014 @ 10:52pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:had a feeling bay was going to go full samurai with drift
As opposed to when other TFs go "full samurai" in other works?

Why is it okay for someone like Bludgeon but not for Drift here?

Because Drift is a douche.

Bludgeon isn't.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539274)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 3rd, 2014 @ 10:57pm CST
Burn wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:had a feeling bay was going to go full samurai with drift
As opposed to when other TFs go "full samurai" in other works?

Why is it okay for someone like Bludgeon but not for Drift here?

Because Drift is a douche.

Bludgeon isn't.
Didn't Roberts bring him around with a more positive portrayal?

Either way, this Drift obviously isn't that Drift.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539276)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 3rd, 2014 @ 11:08pm CST
Burn wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:had a feeling bay was going to go full samurai with drift
As opposed to when other TFs go "full samurai" in other works?

Why is it okay for someone like Bludgeon but not for Drift here?

Because Drift is a douche.

Bludgeon isn't.

:APPLAUSE:

Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539278)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 3rd, 2014 @ 11:13pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:Also, Bludgeon was a pretender taking the form of a skull faced Samurai, so he's got a legitimate excuse... er.. sorta. :DANCE:
Then this happened:

Not to mention the myriad of other Samurai-themed Transformers.

Kenzan, Jinbu, and Ganoh of recent spring to mind.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539283)
Posted by Burn on January 3rd, 2014 @ 11:52pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Burn wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:had a feeling bay was going to go full samurai with drift
As opposed to when other TFs go "full samurai" in other works?

Why is it okay for someone like Bludgeon but not for Drift here?

Because Drift is a douche.

Bludgeon isn't.
Didn't Roberts bring him around with a more positive portrayal?

Either way, this Drift obviously isn't that Drift.

To each their own. I've never liked the character and I doubt his movie-verse version will change my mind.

Best use of a TF Samurai? Animated Prowl.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539284)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on January 4th, 2014 @ 12:00am CST
Noideaforaname wrote:"Drift" looks so simplistic compared to Optimus and Bumblebee there I kinda doubt he's really part of Transformers. I mean, I really wouldn't mind TF4 taking a simpler aesthetic, but seeing how Optimus and BB totally aren't I can't help but think "Drift" was pulled from some unrelated samurai line.

I noticed that too. There's so much detail on Optimus and Bumblebee, but Drift barely has any. Maybe it's unfinished or something.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539303)
Posted by craggy on January 4th, 2014 @ 6:50am CST
Evil_the_Nub wrote:

they'll fix it in post
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539305)
Posted by RhA on January 4th, 2014 @ 7:16am CST
Evil_the_Nub wrote:

A mask, mebbe?
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539312)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 4th, 2014 @ 7:54am CST
Eh, watch him just get shifted into the background like every other Autobot who isn't Optimus, Bumblebee, Skids, Mudflap, Wheelie, and Sentinel Prime. :P
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539326)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on January 4th, 2014 @ 10:34am CST
wekk they all look like a bunch of insects to me...
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539327)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on January 4th, 2014 @ 10:34am CST
wekk they all look like a bunch of insects to me... I-) I-) I-) I-) I-) I-)
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539329)
Posted by Deadput on January 4th, 2014 @ 11:06am CST

but you guys should know that you can see the Bugatti's's grill on his chest

its not painted of course there's no detail what the fuck are you expecting

Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539332)
Posted by njb902 on January 4th, 2014 @ 11:33am CST
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:these dumb comments is why i left this site and moved to tfw2005 but now i'm banned from that site because the mods are assholes and i barley did anything there.

but you guys should know that you can see the Bugatti's's grill on his chest

its not painted of course there's no detail what the **** are you expecting

You may want to proof read your own comments before you declare another's stupid.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers: Age of Extinction Drift Robot Mode (1539334)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on January 4th, 2014 @ 11:55am CST

but you guys should know that you can see the Bugatti's's grill on his chest

its not painted of course there's no detail what the **** are you expecting

Looks smooth to me, especially when compared to the other 2 unpainted prototypes next to it. I can see plenty of intricate detail on them.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016