Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath

Transformers News: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath

Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 10:43AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,707

Thanks to our very own Down_Shift we have an image of the potential remolded head for the soon to be released Generations Warpath! The new head would appear to be Hardhead, which would make a lot of sense considering the alt mode. Take a look at the image below.

Seibertron.com Image
Credit(s): Down_Shift

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195755)
Posted by WolfDawg on March 16th, 2011 @ 10:48am CDT
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195756)
Posted by Down_Shift on March 16th, 2011 @ 10:53am CDT
WolfDawg wrote:It's really hard for me to get excited about this. We've seen remolded heads for Scourge, Wreckgar, Lugnut, Thunderwing, Tomahawk, Terradive, and countless others. The only time I think these remolds have come to fruition is with WFC Cliffjumper and HFTD Axel. When are we going to see the rest of these supposed remolds?

Hasbro has said that they are going to continue Generations through out the movie line.

So probably in the summer.
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195758)
Posted by Mkall on March 16th, 2011 @ 10:57am CDT
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195760)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 16th, 2011 @ 10:59am CDT
So if it really is Hardhead, that would make him the first non-mainstream character to get more than one toy (Universe 2.0 and Generations), barring reissues and Legends! I wonder how that will affect the aftermarket.
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195762)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on March 16th, 2011 @ 11:08am CDT
Hmm, interesting. I love my Voyager and new head, but I'll probably pick this up, too.
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195769)
Posted by paul053 on March 16th, 2011 @ 11:20am CDT
Isn't there already an ultra class Harhead?

Mkall wrote:I already have a Hardhead, but Another Autobot tank never hurts (unless you're a Decepticon)

Yes! I want a Decepticon... My CHURG line Decepticons are starting to get out numbered by Autobots now. :D
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195770)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 16th, 2011 @ 11:22am CDT
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195771)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 16th, 2011 @ 11:22am CDT
paul053 wrote:Isn't there already an ultra class Harhead?

Yes, but it had no new head, and was a store exclusive.
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195776)
Posted by --B-- on March 16th, 2011 @ 11:26am CDT
Hmmm,

I really like my Hardhead with head robots update as Hardhead, but I would still pick this up.

Any suggestions on who to repurpose it as?

Flak?

Tacker from Masterforce would work:

Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195780)
Posted by juxtapose519 on March 16th, 2011 @ 11:30am CDT
It was pretty obvious this was coming. This mold looks way more like Hardhead than it does Warpath. I, for one, am excited.
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195784)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on March 16th, 2011 @ 11:33am CDT
I just wish that Hasbro would officially announce some of these rather than dangling these hints of "what's", "ifs" and "maybes".....!!
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195790)
Posted by Down_Shift on March 16th, 2011 @ 11:57am CDT
--B-- wrote:Hmmm,

Any suggestions on who to repurpose it as?

Flak?

Tacker from Masterforce would work:

Flak was the first one that came to my mind too
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195797)
Posted by Primeultimus on March 16th, 2011 @ 12:05pm CDT
Release this and the Junkion together in a Wave.

I will order for sure!
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195802)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 16th, 2011 @ 12:12pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:How very disappointing. Goes well with my theory that the way in which Hasbro is addressing this 3rd party stuff is by releasing the same characters at retail.

If that is the case, I still see it as 3rd Parties 1 Hasbro 0. My Hardhead actually is a head
master. I see what you are saying though but it will not discourage me away from the 3rd party market.
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195810)
Posted by City Commander on March 16th, 2011 @ 12:23pm CDT
[color=green]A little random. I'm not sure if the Warpath mold will really look good as Hardhead. The chest cannon is just too unique...

I still need to sell my Hardhead I think. [/color]
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195812)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 16th, 2011 @ 12:30pm CDT
Hmm, I think it looks cool. I'm not sure if this makes me sad or relieved that I missed out on Universe Hardhead.
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195813)
Posted by SN95 Cobra R on March 16th, 2011 @ 12:38pm CDT
Looks awful. Like a cyber-perm.
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195819)
Posted by Nekoman on March 16th, 2011 @ 12:44pm CDT
IIRC, isn't Universe Hardhead more accurate to his IDW appearance? I don't read those comics to know, but I thought I remember reading that somewhere. This one's more G1 styled.

Anyways, this is pretty cool just for the fact that it's another Hardhead. Plus the new head looks pretty darn fine. I just wish that if they were redoing figures they'd give us a legit Ultra Magnus with his armor.
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195821)
Posted by It Is Him on March 16th, 2011 @ 12:53pm CDT
Down_Shift wrote:

So probably in the summer.

They also said at Toy Fair that the Deluxe Prime toys will displace Generations. So, come August, no more Generations. What will happen to Generations in Spring of next year is anyone's guess though.
Re: Possible Hardhead Remold for Generations Warpath (1195830)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 16th, 2011 @ 1:16pm CDT
But we already have a Hardhead done right. Hasbro only gets half credit but it's still something.

I always thought a good way for Hasbro to make peace with 3rd parties was to let them know what toys were coming down the pipe early. Then they could be working on upgrade kits and driving sales of a would be minor item to the moon and back at retail because nobody else would have it to sell second hand.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial