Transformers News: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy

Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 1:38PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 73,538

My anonymous source, who has provided us with a ton of reliable information over the past year or so, was able to see some images of the prototype for the upcoming Transformers United / Generations / Reveal The Shield (you pick the title) Rumble and Frenzy toy.

Apparently, the two fan favorite Decepticon pile-drivin' characters combine to form a tank, similar to the concept of the deluxe class Skids & Mudflap Ice Cream truck toy. Rumble and Frenzy combined will be a Voyager class toy. From what my source saw, the toys will sport their classic G1 heads as well as pile drivers. It is unknown at this time if the pile drivers can be swapped out for regular hands or not. It is also unknown if they will include their unique style of guns.

With all of the recent pictures that have leaked, it's only a matter of time before pictures of Rumble and Frenzy leak as well. We'll be sure to share pictures with you as soon as they become available. Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all of the latest Transformers information.

Credit(s): Anonoymous
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135217)
Posted by buddhaquest on October 13th, 2010 @ 1:44pm CDT
The big question will be: "Who will be blue and who will be red"?
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135218)
Posted by Mkall on October 13th, 2010 @ 1:45pm CDT
Well, I didn't see that coming.

A tank you say? Pretty wicked.
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135219)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on October 13th, 2010 @ 1:49pm CDT
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135221)
Posted by Prime Evil on October 13th, 2010 @ 1:51pm CDT
RIRFIB!!!
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135223)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 13th, 2010 @ 1:57pm CDT
buddhaquest wrote:The big question will be: "Who will be blue and who will be red"?

Well, outside of the profile books, Dreamwave nicely skirted that question by always pairing them up so they never had to refer to them separately. I would think that releasing the toys together is being done with similar intent. Or maybe they'll even throw something into the bio like,

"In order to help them better fulfill their original functions as information couriers, Soundwave equipped them with exo-armor-chromatic-image-inducers, allowing them to switch back and forth between the red and blue color schemes, and giving them an advantage similar to the clones, Pounce and Wingspan. Although they've proven far more effective as warriors than messengers in their new combined tank form, they still retain this ability, so the Autobots never know which is which!"

I also hope they each have an individual alt mode besides half a tank. Well, even if they don't, I'm sure someone around here will come up with it as soon as they're released.
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135226)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 13th, 2010 @ 2:04pm CDT
The absolute truth is right here behind this link. ;)

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find the guy who decided to make them a tank. Seriously, a tank?
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135228)
Posted by Seibertron on October 13th, 2010 @ 2:20pm CDT
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135231)
Posted by UltraPrimal on October 13th, 2010 @ 2:29pm CDT
It'll probably be some kind of artillery or ground-to-air tank with the piledrivers forming the gun(s).
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135236)
Posted by The Legend on October 13th, 2010 @ 2:44pm CDT
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135244)
Posted by Agamemnon on October 13th, 2010 @ 3:19pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:The ONLY instance where Frenzy was red and Rumble was blue was in the US cartoon (though I don't know how the kiddie books handled it). Marvel had it right also if I recall correctly. The Japanese actually got it right -- Frenzy was blue and Rumble was red in Super Robot Life Transformers. Every single toy of these guys has had their names right.

Don't forget the War for Cybertron video game. Rumble was Blue and Frenzy red in the game.

[/stoking the fire]
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135247)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 13th, 2010 @ 3:24pm CDT
When Hasbro released Universe Hound with Ravage included, I naively hoped that it was the start of something. Various Transformers released with cassette counterparts leading up to a true Classics Soundwave. So much for that if this is true. Still, if they look decent enough I'll still bite.
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135250)
Posted by REGIFISHY on October 13th, 2010 @ 3:27pm CDT
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

That is all.
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135251)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 13th, 2010 @ 3:31pm CDT
Sounds potentially awesome, I hope it turns out true! Although...does this mean I now need to start collecting Frenzies? By that, I mean, the blue ones? XD
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135257)
Posted by Vicalliose on October 13th, 2010 @ 3:37pm CDT
The Legend wrote:Did your source say if this was a WFC style tank or earth style? Would have prefered something like a steam roller or quad bike as an alt mode instead of yet another Decepticon tank. If they were giving them a whole new alt mode I'd have liked something original is all. Still anticipating pics.

Sad fact about Transformers. Kids love tanks.

I expect Hasbro to eventually make an entire line of TF tanks one day. :roll:
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135268)
Posted by GEEWUN on October 13th, 2010 @ 3:53pm CDT

Correction in the WFC games Frenzy was red and Rumble was blue...

100 bucks this forum is blocked because all of the Rumble/Frenzy smack talk.
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135287)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 13th, 2010 @ 4:22pm CDT
Joker'sRequiem wrote:Hmmmm. Sounds interesting. Although I think doing a Skids and Mudflap style combined vehicle mode would've worked nice for Reflector. But I'll wait to see pics before I decide one way or another on these two. Still, this is going to be a very promising 1-2 years.

QFT
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135300)
Posted by Windsweeper on October 13th, 2010 @ 4:48pm CDT
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135304)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 13th, 2010 @ 4:53pm CDT
Windsweeper wrote:I refuse to be driven into a frenzy by these latest rumblings. Tanks for the update though.

Please stop pun-ishing me with your wordplay...
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135308)
Posted by NTESHFT on October 13th, 2010 @ 5:01pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The absolute truth is right here behind this link. ;)

I love the Lil Formers shirts. I'm gonna get the Screamer.

I want to see a pic or two before I make my decision.
Re: Possible information revealed about upcoming Transformers United Frenzy / Rumble toy (1135309)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on October 13th, 2010 @ 5:03pm CDT
So, a half red, half blue tank. Hopefully, the alt. mode takes a hit to make two good looking robot modes. Since they combine to make a voyager I'm guessing they wont be able to interact/attach with any SW figure.

Ending Soon On eBay

TransFormers BinalTech BT-15 Police White Prowl Takara Acura Integra Type-R RSX - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 20 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Construct Bots IRONHIDE Scout Class 45 Pieces - Time Remaining: 7 days 15 hours 40 minutes 7 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11NR Ramjet MIB - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 26 minutes 2 seconds
ASTROTRAIN • C9 • 100% COMPLETE • TAKARA HENKEI TRANSFORMERS D-03 CLASSICS - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 13 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Generations/Classics G-1 IDW ARMADA STARSCREAM New DELUXE CLASS - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 6 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Generations/Classics G-1 IDW SKYWARP New unopened DELUXE CLASS - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 51 minutes 17 seconds
RAMJET D-04 • C9 • 100% COMPLETE • TRANSFORMERS TAKARA HENKEI CLASSICS - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 59 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Go! Autobot G11 Hunter Optimus Prime Takara Tomy Action Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 15 hours 45 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory