Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS

Transformers News: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS

Wednesday, December 30th, 2009 1:48PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 86,447

Seibertron.com sponsor Big Bad Toy Store has just informed us of it's preorder listing for the recently confirmed Masterpiece Edition Clear (Ghost) Starscream. Here's what they had to say:

Releasing in June

Product Number: TAK10995

Thanks!
Joel Boblit

There you have it Seibertronians, we now have two reliable sources have confirmed and listed pre orders for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream.

Keep your optics locked right here at Seibertron.com, bringing you the most efficient news in the Transformers Universe and your Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Joel @ Big Bad Toy Store

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1031954)
Posted by DevastaTTor on December 30th, 2009 @ 2:28pm CST
Further confirming that King Grimlock is a total rip-off.

I'm all over this. And I'll officially need a new space to hold my MP Seekers this year.
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1031956)
Posted by chuuzetsu on December 30th, 2009 @ 2:28pm CST
$130?!?!?!?!
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1031959)
Posted by First Gen on December 30th, 2009 @ 2:31pm CST
chuuzetsu wrote:$130?!?!?!?!

Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1031967)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on December 30th, 2009 @ 2:47pm CST
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1031973)
Posted by RiddlerJ on December 30th, 2009 @ 3:06pm CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:*Raises hand* Question, please. Why are clear ones... made? I don't know how to phrase it any better, sorry. It just seems odd to ,e.

It references Starscream's Ghost from the G1 animated series.

Personally, I would like to see the other seekers before this. I'm still waiting for a Classics Sunstorm.
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1031976)
Posted by Prime Evil on December 30th, 2009 @ 3:18pm CST
RiddlerJ wrote:I'm still waiting for a Classics Sunstorm.

Pssshhh, you and me both!! I wouldn't mind a repaint of G2 ramjet as well if we are gonna get more seekers. ;)
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1031977)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on December 30th, 2009 @ 3:22pm CST
Clear -masterpeice Starscream? That thing will break after just a minutes of "play", seriously, normal masterpiece Starscream is already extremely fragile. I'm not saying I totally dislike the idea but at least make him in the correct colors, the first one looked like Zombie Starscream.
They should make Masterpiece G2 Megatron, that would be awesome.
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1031978)
Posted by barricade2218 on December 30th, 2009 @ 3:29pm CST
I've got my preorder in :grin:
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1031981)
Posted by guardianprime on December 30th, 2009 @ 4:04pm CST
WHAT ?!?! WHAT?!?!? *faints*

*revives*

DEAR GOD!!!

1. I just bloody got mp skywarp and now there's a new aeeeker in the works???
2. i wonder how they are going to work the diecast parts. probably just going to be grey paint eh?
3. this had better not be hasbro 2010 MP that they promised in the last Q&A (I'm really really hoping for black mp prime)
I don't have any clear TFs and would love one of these but dear god! I don't think I could justify another of this specific mold (as I have never bought a second of any mold to date)
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1031990)
Posted by guardianprime on December 30th, 2009 @ 4:16pm CST
....uh. exception to the previous being animated soundwave who I'm looking to get my 3rd of. *sheepish grin*

anyways. despite my panic, I can't wait to see pics!
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1031994)
Posted by chuuzetsu on December 30th, 2009 @ 4:41pm CST
[quote]Thats a target price, it may be more or less. But really, its an MP, whats so suprising about $130.00? You must be used to Hasbro release prices.[/quote]

My guess would have been between $70-$90.
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1031997)
Posted by Rated X on December 30th, 2009 @ 5:01pm CST
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1032003)
Posted by El Duque on December 30th, 2009 @ 5:40pm CST
Rated X wrote:Yeah the price sucks but considering Starscream is my favorite of all time, I might consider buying this one if it is a general release that is not tooo hard to get.

He won't be hard to get in the least, you can pre-order him right now and have six months to save up the money.
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1032051)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on December 30th, 2009 @ 8:23pm CST
all the MP seekers have been at least $100. I'm not surprised(and in fact, happy) by the price. very much looking forward to this. Also, I don't know who the heavy hands are that transform their MP seekers, but I've never thought they were very fragile. I've transformed them lots of times with no problems.
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1032077)
Posted by Grahf on December 30th, 2009 @ 9:18pm CST
RodimusConvoy13 wrote: I don't know who the heavy hands are that transform their MP seekers, but I've never thought they were very fragile. I've transformed them lots of times with no problems.

The only thing that has ever broken on me is one of the tail fins of MP 06, right where it folds up. Its such a thin strip of plastic that it easily snapped, and the ironic part is that the same piece broke on my Classics Skywarp, even on the same side.
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1032091)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on December 30th, 2009 @ 10:03pm CST
El Duque wrote:

and THAT is why I have preordered 3! 1 regular to open and 2 collectors to keep mint
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1032125)
Posted by Kibble on December 31st, 2009 @ 12:46am CST
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:all the MP seekers have been at least $100. I'm not surprised(and in fact, happy) by the price.

Agreed. Considering deluxe ghost Starscream was like 80 or 90 bucks, $130 for the MP version is quite reasonable IMO. I actually kinda feared a release of this figure because I knew I would want it, but thought it would run King Grimlock prices or worse...
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1032222)
Posted by Trikeboy on December 31st, 2009 @ 1:06pm CST
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1032469)
Posted by Convotron on January 1st, 2010 @ 10:11am CST
Trikeboy wrote:It is a bit annoying that the latest Masterpieces are all repaints. I really hope TakaraTomy use the cash from Comic Grimlock, Black Convoy and Ghost Starscream to fund some brand new Masterpiece figures. Hoping for Galvatron, Rodimus Prime and Soundwave.

I definitely agree. It's great to get variations of existing molds but at the same time, I'd like to see more advancement in the Masterpiece line.
Re: Preorder for Masterpiece Ghost Starscream at BBTS (1033287)
Posted by SJ21 on January 4th, 2010 @ 10:49am CST
I just put in my preorder! I missed MP because I wasn't that into collecting again when he came out. Then Walmart didn't get the US repaint when it came out. I am really happy to see another MP Starscream.

I was surprised with the price on this guy as well. When the rumors of this first hit, I figured he would be going for the same price as King Grimlock. While I am not happy about dropping $150, I can still afford it.

Ending Soon On eBay

** 2014 - Transformers AOE Generations Galvatron ** - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 25 minutes 34 seconds
** 2004 Transformers Energon BARRICADE - Bruticus Maximus Loose ** - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 20 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Beast Hunters Sky Claw Vehicle with Smokescreen Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 38 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers UNIVERSE AUTOBOT BLASTER MINT COMP. 2008 - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 33 minutes 55 seconds
G2 TRANSFORMERS: OPTIMUS PRIME 100% Factory Sealed 1992 MISB Hasbro Wow Look! - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 30 minutes 43 seconds
NEW Transformers Movie 2 Deluxe - EVAC - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 45 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Groove - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 53 minutes 28 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PRIME WEAPONIZER  BUMBLEBEE Robots In Disguise RID - Time Remaining:  21 hours 20 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents