Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online

Transformers News: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online

Sunday, October 7th, 2007 3:38PM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Darth Bombshell   Views: 7,898

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Our very own Dead Metal has informed us that Alex Milne has updated his DeviantArt page with a five page preview of the final issue of Megatron: Origin. Check them out here!
Credit(s): Dead Metal, DeviantART
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (387439)
Posted by Primus C-00 on October 7th, 2007 @ 4:45pm CDT
*spoof*
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (387497)
Posted by Calvatron on October 7th, 2007 @ 5:28pm CDT
Hee hee! :grin:

I know it's not the best one out there, but i just like this series.
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (387545)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 7th, 2007 @ 5:58pm CDT
Well the Autobots deserve to be killed if they let an armed prisoner inside their chambers... And Soundwave already has found use for Frenzy and Rumble.

The colouring on this issue seems to be very washed out... a stark contrast to the rest of the series which has been very dark.

Hopefully the last 26 or so pages will focus mainly on Megatron vs. Sentinal.
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (387590)
Posted by Sentinel Pax on October 7th, 2007 @ 6:20pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:And Soundwave already has found use for Frenzy and Rumble.
I don't see those two anywhere. Not that I know how they look in this series, since I haven't bought any of the books yet. How does Soundwave get into the chamber, I wonder? It seems like he just shows up.
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (387602)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 7th, 2007 @ 6:23pm CDT
Sentinel Pax wrote:
i_amtrunks wrote:And Soundwave already has found use for Frenzy and Rumble.
I don't see those two anywhere. Not that I know how they look in this series, since I haven't bought any of the books yet. How does Soundwave get into the chamber, I wonder? It seems like he just shows up.


I think that they are standing next to Soundwave in the final page. They were reformatted in issue #3 to work with Soundwave, and the two smaller robots sure do look like them.

Soundwave was also never arrested with the other "not yet Decepticons" as he is still working for Senator Ratbat, so he can freely move around as he wishes.
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (387608)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on October 7th, 2007 @ 6:26pm CDT
Can anyone confirm the December TPB release date?
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (387633)
Posted by Creature SH on October 7th, 2007 @ 6:39pm CDT
Is... Starscream killing STRAXUS ?!
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (387741)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on October 7th, 2007 @ 7:35pm CDT
In the first page, Starscream actually looks like he's showing regret to Megatron...interesting...although now we know it was all a prt of an elaborate scheme to free Megs. I'm sorry though, he just looks too much like a primitive cannibal w/all the red markings on his face & forehead. But this IS early Megatron......
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (387776)
Posted by Blozor on October 7th, 2007 @ 8:00pm CDT
Isn't it kind of unprofessional for Mark to be insulting the other colorist's work before he even sees it? Or is that some sort of inside joke between the two? It's got to be an inside joke for him to be writing it where the other guy can plainly see it, otherwise you'd think he'd intentionally sh!t all over Mark's artwork. Still, the casual reader would find the remarks on the fifth preview page rather unprofessional.
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (387864)
Posted by Sentinel Pax on October 7th, 2007 @ 8:50pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:I think that they are standing next to Soundwave in the final page. They were reformatted in issue #3 to work with Soundwave, and the two smaller robots sure do look like them.

Soundwave was also never arrested with the other "not yet Decepticons" as he is still working for Senator Ratbat, so he can freely move around as he wishes.
Well, I see Squawkbox, Buzzsaw, Laserbeak, and Ravage, but no Rumble or Frenzy. Not that it matters too awfully much. Thanks for clearing up the Soundwave issue, though. That was bugging me.
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (387950)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 7th, 2007 @ 9:26pm CDT
Sentinel Pax wrote:Well, I see Squawkbox, Buzzsaw, Laserbeak, and Ravage, but no Rumble or Frenzy. Not that it matters too awfully much.


You are most certainly right, I mistook Ravage and the robot standing behind Soundwave to be Rumble and Frenzy... My bad.
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (387964)
Posted by Sunstar on October 7th, 2007 @ 9:32pm CDT
This looks rather interesting. I think Starscream's guns were hidden within him and he activated them in the chamber.
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (387976)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 7th, 2007 @ 9:38pm CDT
Sunstar wrote:This looks rather interesting. I think Starscream's guns were hidden within him and he activated them in the chamber.


I'd have to agree with you, there is no indication that they were on him beforehand, and (my memory is shockers) I believe that in issue #3 the Decepticons had their weapons taken from them.
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (388056)
Posted by Sentinel Pax on October 7th, 2007 @ 10:18pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:
Sentinel Pax wrote:Well, I see Squawkbox, Buzzsaw, Laserbeak, and Ravage, but no Rumble or Frenzy. Not that it matters too awfully much.


You are most certainly right, I mistook Ravage and the robot standing behind Soundwave to be Rumble and Frenzy... My bad.
Its cool. I thought I saw Rumble at first, too, since Ravage has some red on him, it would seem.
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (388259)
Posted by Moonbase2 on October 7th, 2007 @ 11:54pm CDT
Blozor wrote:Isn't it kind of unprofessional for Mark to be insulting the other colorist's work before he even sees it? Or is that some sort of inside joke between the two? It's got to be an inside joke for him to be writing it where the other guy can plainly see it, otherwise you'd think he'd intentionally sh!t all over Mark's artwork. Still, the casual reader would find the remarks on the fifth preview page rather unprofessional.


Really! It didn't seem that way, as apparently two different colorists are doing the same book, and he prefers one over the other and isn't afraid to say it. But a little restraint would be nice.
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (388292)
Posted by Lefthand convoy on October 8th, 2007 @ 12:24am CDT
I'll be posting Megatron: Origins #1&2 on ebay within the week if anyone is interested. I have to finish paying off my divorce and am selling all of my comics and figures. the handle I sell under is itsallme123. Help a guy out. lol
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (388785)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 8th, 2007 @ 8:57am CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:Front Paged And Credited! Thanks a bunch! :grin:


Yea thanks for the front page.

All in a days work! :grin:
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (389411)
Posted by Down_Shift on October 8th, 2007 @ 3:12pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:Well the Autobots deserve to be killed if they let an armed prisoner inside their chambers... And Soundwave already has found use for Frenzy and Rumble.

The colouring on this issue seems to be very washed out... a stark contrast to the rest of the series which has been very dark.

Hopefully the last 26 or so pages will focus mainly on Megatron vs. Sentinal.


I can tell you exactly what happens, as I've already read it. Well not read it, but rather, I've seen all the black and white pages of the last issue. I won't go into the details as I don't want to spoil it for anyone but it is very well done. Lots of well placed cameos. I got the chance to see it last weekend at the 80's toy show. alex was there and we chatted for a bit then he let me see the layout. Just fab'alus :P
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (389786)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 8th, 2007 @ 6:28pm CDT
Down_Shift wrote:
i_amtrunks wrote:Well the Autobots deserve to be killed if they let an armed prisoner inside their chambers... And Soundwave already has found use for Frenzy and Rumble.

The colouring on this issue seems to be very washed out... a stark contrast to the rest of the series which has been very dark.

Hopefully the last 26 or so pages will focus mainly on Megatron vs. Sentinal.


I can tell you exactly what happens, as I've already read it. Well not read it, but rather, I've seen all the black and white pages of the last issue. I won't go into the details as I don't want to spoil it for anyone but it is very well done. Lots of well placed cameos. I got the chance to see it last weekend at the 80's toy show. alex was there and we chatted for a bit then he let me see the layout. Just fab'alus :P


Showoff! :P

Are these cameos good proper cameos, or are they like what we saw in issue 3 at the funeral? AS in, Furman said "no femmebots" but there was Arcee bawling her eyes out on Prime...
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (389854)
Posted by Calvatron on October 8th, 2007 @ 6:59pm CDT
I can't wait to see when Rumble and Frenzy are gonna pop out of soundwave. What they're being saved for if the destruction of the senate is not enough. I can see why they were not happy about being with soundwave, being made to wait so long after being in the front row for all the action before hand.
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (390475)
Posted by Down_Shift on October 9th, 2007 @ 3:55am CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:
i_amtrunks wrote:Well the Autobots deserve to be killed if they let an armed prisoner inside their chambers... And Soundwave already has found use for Frenzy and Rumble.

The colouring on this issue seems to be very washed out... a stark contrast to the rest of the series which has been very dark.

Hopefully the last 26 or so pages will focus mainly on Megatron vs. Sentinal.


I can tell you exactly what happens, as I've already read it. Well not read it, but rather, I've seen all the black and white pages of the last issue. I won't go into the details as I don't want to spoil it for anyone but it is very well done. Lots of well placed cameos. I got the chance to see it last weekend at the 80's toy show. alex was there and we chatted for a bit then he let me see the layout. Just fab'alus :P


Showoff! :P

Are these cameos good proper cameos, or are they like what we saw in issue 3 at the funeral? AS in, Furman said "no femmebots" but there was Arcee bawling her eyes out on Prime...


Good cameos, like Ruckas close to the end and what happens between Soundwave and Ratbat.
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (390492)
Posted by AxiomScion on October 9th, 2007 @ 4:17am CDT
Down_Shift wrote:
i_amtrunks wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:
i_amtrunks wrote:Well the Autobots deserve to be killed if they let an armed prisoner inside their chambers... And Soundwave already has found use for Frenzy and Rumble.

The colouring on this issue seems to be very washed out... a stark contrast to the rest of the series which has been very dark.

Hopefully the last 26 or so pages will focus mainly on Megatron vs. Sentinal.


I can tell you exactly what happens, as I've already read it. Well not read it, but rather, I've seen all the black and white pages of the last issue. I won't go into the details as I don't want to spoil it for anyone but it is very well done. Lots of well placed cameos. I got the chance to see it last weekend at the 80's toy show. alex was there and we chatted for a bit then he let me see the layout. Just fab'alus :P


Showoff! :P

Are these cameos good proper cameos, or are they like what we saw in issue 3 at the funeral? AS in, Furman said "no femmebots" but there was Arcee bawling her eyes out on Prime...


Good cameos, like Ruckas close to the end and what happens between Soundwave and Ratbat.
senator ratbat in sevitude to Soundwave. I'm luvin it and without a Big mac valuepack. ;;)
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (390643)
Posted by Sarri on October 9th, 2007 @ 6:46am CDT
i_amtrunks wrote: AS in, Furman said "no femmebots" but there was Arcee bawling her eyes out on Prime...

:-x That's Elita-One, Acree can stick with Springer or Hot Rod
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (390671)
Posted by Stormrider on October 9th, 2007 @ 6:57am CDT
It sounds like an interesting story. I would like to get this miniseries.
Re: Preview Pages of Megatron: Origin #4 Now Online (390710)
Posted by Marty Rocket on October 9th, 2007 @ 7:13am CDT
Does anybody have any idea when this is being released?
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014