Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx

Transformers News: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx

Wednesday, September 25th, 2013 1:33PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 20,589

A perfect opportunity for fans who missed out on the Prime: First Editon figures! Mr. Shawn Smith-Ford dropped by to let us know that he spotted First Edition Bumblebee and Arcee at his local TJ Maxx in Lakewood, Colorado, for a whopping $6.99!

Transformers News: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx

May the hunt begin!
Credit(s): Mr. Shawn Smith-Ford
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519910)
Posted by Homerjay14522 on September 25th, 2013 @ 1:53pm CDT
Here's Hoping my local One has Starscream and Cliffjumper.....the only two I never found
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519917)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 25th, 2013 @ 2:26pm CDT
Holy sh*t! WHAT? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Of course, CO gets it (as does CA, right?). But over in IL????

Anywho, these would be great to get for repainting! Anyone else thinking this is early Xmas stock? :-? Cause I say these appear everywhere (TJ/Marshalls) by Xmas... but still hoping they get something else, too! :PRAY:
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519919)
Posted by megatronus on September 25th, 2013 @ 2:38pm CDT
:shock:

If I can't have proper, voyager-sized Insecticons, I WILL hunt until I have 6 FE Starscreams to re-enact "Armada."

:twisted:
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519928)
Posted by Antron on September 25th, 2013 @ 3:03pm CDT
LOL I was at TJ Max in Rossford, Ohio right about the time this was posted and snagged BB, the only FE mold I was missing. YEAH!!!! They also had 1 more BB 1 Arcee and 1 Starscream.
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519931)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 25th, 2013 @ 3:15pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Anyone else thinking this is early Xmas stock? :-? Cause I say these appear everywhere (TJ/Marshalls) by Xmas... but still hoping they get something else, too! :PRAY:

I'd say more like leftover stock from the previous season.
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519932)
Posted by megatronus on September 25th, 2013 @ 3:20pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'd say more like leftover stock from the previous season.

Yea - weren't the First Edition figures showing up over 2 holiday seasons ago?

I wonder if we'll see any of the FE Voyagers.
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519941)
Posted by iguanabytes on September 25th, 2013 @ 4:18pm CDT
hoping they do- I would definitely not mind an extra Optimus or Bulkhead
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519947)
Posted by ILL-Star on September 25th, 2013 @ 4:53pm CDT
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519948)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 25th, 2013 @ 4:57pm CDT
ILL-Star wrote:Fantastic. A second chance. I must get an Arcee to turn into Cybertron Ransack. :D

...You know what? That ain't a bad idea.

Notify me when it's done.
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519950)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 25th, 2013 @ 5:21pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'd say more like leftover stock from the previous season.

Haha... no. You misunderstand: I am wondering if these FE are the TJ Marshaxx Xmas stock! :roll: Every Xmas, TJ Marshaxx gets a haul of some old TF product, right? Is THIS it, or can we expect something else (i.e. BH Prime)? :-?
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519951)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 25th, 2013 @ 5:23pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'd say more like leftover stock from the previous season.

Wait, wasn't Toys "R" Us the only ones that got the First Edition toys here in the States? :???:
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519953)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 25th, 2013 @ 5:34pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'd say more like leftover stock from the previous season.

:lol: :BANG_HEAD: :lol:
I hope I'm not the reason you said that. As far as I know, yeah it was a TRU exclusive (shared by BBTS).

"TJ Marshaxx Xmas stock", NOT Xmas stock of any other store, from any other previous year. I am saying this is the NEW TJ MARSHAXX XMAS STOCK FOR 2013. And yes, these are not "new" from 2013, but from a previous release (as someone else stated). OR, these are just randomly showing up with no relation to the upcoming Xmas season AND we will see a different line show up for the 2013 TJ Marshaxx Xmas selection. :???:
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519954)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 25th, 2013 @ 5:36pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'd say more like leftover stock from the previous season.

Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519955)
Posted by megatronus on September 25th, 2013 @ 5:41pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Exactly, like the GDO series they were Toys 'R Us exclusives. But liquidator stores buy up old stock for cheap, from any main chain.

Point of order - I'm fairly certain the discounters like T.J Maxx buy product directly from the manufacturers. Liquidators are something different. :-B
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519968)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 25th, 2013 @ 7:19pm CDT
That's pretty cool. I got all of the FE figures I wanted, but this is good news for those who don't.

With TRU, Walmart, and now here, that makes three brick-and-mortar sightings.

megatronus wrote::shock:

:twisted:
It is pretty cool to own six FE Starscreams. ;) :mrgreen:
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519971)
Posted by rdrunr89 on September 25th, 2013 @ 7:42pm CDT
I'm shocked that TJMaxx and Marshalls sells toys let alone Transformers. I stopped at a Marshalls today and saw Tomy Takara stuff (non-TF). I guess I have to hit more of them.

@Metrosuplex - I'm in IL too. West Burbs. I'll let you know if I find anything and where if you are up this way. I hit the Marshalls in Woodridge today but struck out.
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519988)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 25th, 2013 @ 8:56pm CDT
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519989)
Posted by burningpage on September 25th, 2013 @ 8:56pm CDT
Also in Colorado, Westminister, Tj Maxx had two Starscreams and one Arcee.
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519990)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 25th, 2013 @ 8:58pm CDT
I'd love to go for another Starscream, since I'm keeping my first one from Christmas 2012 MISB. But, it'll be a while, as my main focus for the next few months is Generations: Thrilling 30.
Re: Prime: First Edition Toys Beginning To Appear @ TJ Maxx (1519991)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 25th, 2013 @ 9:04pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:I bet everyone who spent $60 on these guys feels pretty stupid now. Ill be up near one friday think ill stop in & see if i can find an arcee.
I spent about that much on my Voyager Optimus, but I do not regret it because I refused to go after that horrid 2012 rerelease. Paying $60 was the only way I could guarantee that I get the vastly superior 2011 version.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering