Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay.

Transformers News: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay.

Friday, November 28th, 2008 10:32AM CST

Categories: Auctions, Collectables, Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 28,015

From the ebay seller that recently gave us a G2 card sample. This is a proposed redeco of the Micromaster Wisper. Here is what the seller has to say about it:

This auction is for a rare, vintage Transformers mock-up prototype. This piece was created by a Hasbro designer and presented at a line meeting as consideration for a production toy during the early years of the Transformers toy line. Apparently the designer glued this item and painted it silver as needed for whatever purpose was intended. Entirely hand painted and glued together, this piece represents and early mock up for the vintage Transformers line. Protoypes and samples for the G1 line rarely surface, Skywarp prototypes and mock-ups surface even less often. This is an excellent opportunity to add a genuine Gen1 prototype to your collection. In excellent condition and amazing display ability.

{L_IMAGE}

To view all images and maybe buy it just click here.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news.
Credit(s): Dead Metal

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841554)
Posted by Tekka on November 28th, 2008 @ 10:39am CST
Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841556)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 28th, 2008 @ 10:44am CST
Tekka wrote:I saw an auction with that exact same wording before. It was for two G1 Skywarp wings glued together. This is dubious at best, and I'd suggest being wary.

Suddenly the mentioning of Skywarp makes sense....
Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841559)
Posted by Chaoslock on November 28th, 2008 @ 11:12am CST
Isn't that just a Whisper with added chrome?

Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841561)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 28th, 2008 @ 11:16am CST
Chaoslock wrote:Isn't that just a Whisper with added chrome?

Yes just like it is stated in the article.
Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841567)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 28th, 2008 @ 11:38am CST
So what exactly is glued?
Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841568)
Posted by Tekka on November 28th, 2008 @ 11:41am CST
It's been glued into vehicle mode so it can't be transformed. I hate to be a negative nancy but this is BS, if this is a genuine "Skywarp" mock up I will eat my MP-6.

As it is, it looks like a kitbasher had a spasm when painting something and just sloshed the paint all over it. IMO, something like this is worthless, and is one of those eBay auctions that just leaves you asking, "Why bother?"
Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841574)
Posted by starfish on November 28th, 2008 @ 12:02pm CST
Must be a slow news day.
Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841576)
Posted by Dread_Wing on November 28th, 2008 @ 12:08pm CST
This has appeared on other Transformers forums, and THEY took it seriously. It is quite obviously a Whisper someone has glued into alt mode and sloshed silver paint all over. Who would be dumb enough to bid on it?
Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841583)
Posted by Silverbolt on November 28th, 2008 @ 12:24pm CST
If that's a prototype/mock up figure then I have around 100 of them sitting around at my apartment.

First why would they paint it silver. Second why would they glue it together when its suppose to be something for the G1 transformers line. You would think that people would I don't know want to actually see the toy transform.

"We'll it did transform but I thought it would be better if I glued the legs in place.

This reeks of someone trying to sell a failed repaint attempt and make a quick buck.
Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841594)
Posted by Bumblebeast on November 28th, 2008 @ 12:53pm CST
* bids *
Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841643)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 28th, 2008 @ 2:04pm CST
Yes this might be bullshit but to put it short.
I really wanted to post a new news article.
And the fact that it's sold as a mock up. Mock ups are nothing ells but existing toys that are hand painted and sometimes have a few new scratch build parts. Add to the fact that he's selling it off as an item from the 80's the paint wear looks about right.
but why the hell it's been glued together is beyond me.
Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841717)
Posted by GetterDragun on November 28th, 2008 @ 3:44pm CST
If it's a mock up, why does it have a production stamp?
Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841720)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 28th, 2008 @ 3:47pm CST
GetterDragun wrote:If it's a mock up, why does it have a production stamp?

The designer just took one of the current line and painted it.
Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841787)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on November 28th, 2008 @ 5:30pm CST
once upon a time, someone took a zarak, sloshed paint all over it, and tried to sell it on ebay with almost the exact same description. only in that case, he also tried to give name credit to the designer.
Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (841907)
Posted by robofreak on November 28th, 2008 @ 11:09pm CST
Dead Metal wrote: Mock ups are nothing ells but existing toys that are hand painted and sometimes have a few new scratch build parts. Add to the fact that he's selling it off as an item from the 80's the paint wear looks about right.
but why the hell it's been glued together is beyond me.

Paint wear means nothing. I know how to get the exact same effect with a black base coat, hairspray, and silver paint.

No, I'm not one of those guys who just says he can do it better, but actually can't. I have a experince in this kind of stuff and know first hand that paint jobs can be deceiving. You can paint something right now and with the right skill, it would look over 20 years old.

I'm willing to bet it's fake. There have been so many mock ups sold on ebay over the past year that it just seems fishy that they all chosen now to surface and almost always by the same sellers. I would'nt trust anything that says "mock up" unless it had an official certificate of authenticity.
Re: Rare Transformers Mock Up Sample Jet on ebay. (842120)
Posted by Veritas Prime on November 29th, 2008 @ 11:33am CST
Psst... over here. I've got a whole box full of prototypes. I'll sell 'em to ya on the cheap... :mrgreen:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014