Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers

Transformers News: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers

Thursday, June 13th, 2013 12:07PM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 11,746

Simon Furman and John-Paul Bove have been trickling some information about the upcoming September release (that's the first bit) of the one-off Transformers: ReGeneration One #0. This post tries summarising what we've been told so far, but for the full experience, follow Simon's blog!

ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers

According to Furman, the issue is confirmed to have a September release, pushing #95 to October. Bove seconds this, adding it will be 22 pages long, and taking place between, or to one side, of #94 and #95.

Other bits revealed include the motives behind Spike's hatred towards the Autobots, hints at something to do with Thunderwing, though Furman confirms he is dead for good, and the confirmation that Geoff Senior is one of the five artists to work on the issue!

Simon Furman wrote:We have (a lot) more to learn about exactly why Spike is so ticked off at the Autobots, what that deep-seated vein of hatred is all about. I’ll just say for now that you REALLY need to check out issue #0 (in fact, #0 should tick another couple of your wish-list boxes too) and suggest that sometimes when a character is directing rage it’s often to cover for something else, something that’s harder to acknowledge. Like guilt maybe.

[...]

#0 will slot in between #94 and #95. Stuff that would only, otherwise, have been seen in kind of abridged/flashback form in the final arc now has real room to breathe. Trust me, it’s essentially stuff. So while we are going to kind of leave you hanging at the end of #94 for an extra month, what happens in #0 is going to blow your minds!
Credit(s): Simon Furman, John-Paul Bove
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1494957)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 13th, 2013 @ 12:42pm CDT
You know the art actually looks good, this and the preview for 92 surprised me, this series now looks like a Marvel comic from the 80s, and with that I mean a Marvel comic from the 80s with good art and not the horrid 80s TF art.
the art here kinda reminds me of ROM Space Knight, so much better than the actual 80s TF comics or the artwork in the FCBD issue. :D
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1494980)
Posted by bluecatcinema on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:33pm CDT
I can't help but notice the pic of Rodimus Prime on the cover. Possible foreshadowing, perhaps?
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1494982)
Posted by Va'al on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:40pm CDT
I should point out that the artwork in the first post is, as it says on the cover, Cover B for #92, by Guido Guidi. Not the art for #0!
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1494987)
Posted by bluecatcinema on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:49pm CDT
My point still stands. And I really hope it'll be proven right.
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1494990)
Posted by Va'al on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:57pm CDT
bluecatcinema wrote:My point still stands. And I really hope it'll be proven right.

I'm pretty sure we will see more Hot Rod in issue #0. From the solicits, it appears as though we'll already see a lot more of him from the next issue, dealing with something Primus-esque.

Really interested in seeing Guidi's art on the next issue! :D
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1495115)
Posted by triKlops on June 13th, 2013 @ 8:51pm CDT
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1495156)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on June 14th, 2013 @ 2:07am CDT
triKlops wrote:interested to see where this goes; my only question is why this is 0 and not 94.5.?

agreed... maybe it's a parallel but divergent timeline or something? Or they just weren't sure which issues it would slot between at the time.
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1495157)
Posted by robotmel on June 14th, 2013 @ 2:08am CDT
Banjo-Tron wrote:LOL not sure how Dave McKean would translate to mecha but Simon Bisley would be awesome, I loved his black and white ABC warriors stuff. The guy can sure draw a robot.

:lol:
You got me!
Dave McKean was my wildcard there! ;)

I wonder what plans Simon Furman has after this series wraps up with #100..?

If this series was popular enough, Im hoping there are plans underway for another series, penned by Simon with art perhaps by Guido in his retro style?

Throw us some tasty covers by Geoff Senior or Andy Wildman, that will keep us happy for a while! :grin:
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1495162)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on June 14th, 2013 @ 3:21am CDT
robotmel wrote:I love Andy Wildmans art style, despite how many 'open mouth' shots he throws in there ( ;) ) so its a shame to hear he wont staying with ReGen1.

Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1495167)
Posted by robotmel on June 14th, 2013 @ 4:03am CDT
Banjo-Tron wrote:Eh? Has that been confirmed? I thought it was just that he wouldn't feature on this special? AFAIK he is still penciling the entire RG1 run 'proper'.

:-?
Im almost certain I read it on the fansite somewhere, perhaps Va'al mentioned it somewhere..?
I thought it was said Andy Wildman was leaving the title early but I could be wrong?

:???:
Edit:
Va'al wrote:This is Wildman's final issue on the series for now, and he has not confirmed whether he will be back or not before issue 100, or the rumoured issue 0. The artwork, inked by Baskerville, is the usual goodness, and by now we've come to recognise the style - it'll be interesting to see what Guidi will do with it.
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1495168)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on June 14th, 2013 @ 4:25am CDT
robotmel wrote:

:-?

:???:
Edit:

Ahh ok. Not sure how I feel about that really, I think it would have worked better if they had a distinct art team per story arc, I hate art changing mid-way through the same 'book' as it were. Still, I like Guidi's stuff and look forward to seeing it.
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1497854)
Posted by Va'al on June 25th, 2013 @ 8:51am CDT
Fan-favourite artist Nick Roche has just confirmed on Twitter that he will be taking up art duties on the Hot Rod section of September's Transformers: ReGeneration One #0 (with Vince DiCola's music as soundtrack while he works)! As a reminder, Simon Furman will be the writer for the whole issue, and the other artists involved are Jeff Anderson, Casey W. Coller, Jose Delbo and Geoff Senior.

Furman on script. Me drawing Hot Rod. @DiColaOfficial on the tunes. You're going to like this. #Regeneration1ZERO

Take a look at the solicit below for more information on the stories contained in the issue.

ZERO POINT! Adventure in the time stream, as HOT ROD desperately attempts to identify the rogue elements that are leading him, and the entire CYBERTRONIAN race, inexorably towards the catastrophic end of time itself. What hidden stories do the DEATHBRINGER, BOLTAX, BUSTER WITWICKY, and GALVATRON have to tell, and what—if any—solutions are there? Or is it already too late?
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1497928)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on June 25th, 2013 @ 12:31pm CDT
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1497969)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 25th, 2013 @ 4:31pm CDT
Banjo-Tron wrote:Remind me how we can get hold of this again? It sounds like amazing fanw**k material :BOWDOWN:

As I understand, it'll be a regular retail/download release alongside issue 94, and will be a sidestory to what happens in #94.
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1497975)
Posted by Va'al on June 25th, 2013 @ 4:51pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:

Close, but no cigar. :D

Issue 93 comes out in July, 94 in August, 0 in September, 95 in October.
It sort of takes place between 94 and 95, or at least, influence some of the stuff in 95, from what Bove and Furman have said.

But you're correct, it will be regular release!
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1497996)
Posted by PrymeStriker on June 25th, 2013 @ 6:41pm CDT
Issue 0...

Gosh, why does that sound so cool?!
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1497998)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 25th, 2013 @ 6:47pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Issue 0...

Gosh, why does that sound so cool?!
DUUUUUUUUDE, it's like a Number 1, only it's 0! That makes it, like, 0 times COOLER!!!

...wait.

:P
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1498059)
Posted by robotmel on June 26th, 2013 @ 4:18am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Issue 0...

Gosh, why does that sound so cool?!

Consider an #0 the 'Scourge/Nemesis repaint' of the comic book world, making it officially even more cool than a regular release! :lol:
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1508511)
Posted by Va'al on August 2nd, 2013 @ 3:23am CDT
With a couple of months left to its release, we get to have a look at a retailer incentive cover for Giant Robot Comics, a store based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The artwork is by Casey Coller and the colours by JP Bove, and will be available as a retailer exclusive, though it seems they may sell some online, too. Check out the details and image mirrored below!

In celebration of Natal Day this weekend we are unveiling out exclusive cover for Transformers Regeneration One #0. It's DeceptiCONS in HALifax or Hal-Cons for short. This comic will be available exclusively at Giant Robot Comics in September. I hope everybody thinks it's as cool as I do.

I can show you the crude Photoshop mockup I did that Casey Coller turned into this awesome piece of art and JP Bove coloured.

Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1508526)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on August 2nd, 2013 @ 4:39am CDT
eh? so how do we get hold of this thing?
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1508530)
Posted by Va'al on August 2nd, 2013 @ 4:42am CDT
Banjo-Tron wrote:eh? so how do we get hold of this thing?

They'll be selling some on eBay, apparently.

Good luck. Image
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1508821)
Posted by AnnaChristine on August 3rd, 2013 @ 4:01am CDT
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1508824)
Posted by Va'al on August 3rd, 2013 @ 4:14am CDT
AnnaChristine wrote:With Megatron's grimace, I can't get the image out my head hes sitting on a massive toilet struggling with constipation.

...how to ruin a Coller piece. :lol:
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1508840)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2013 @ 6:53am CDT
Va'al wrote:

...how to ruin a Coller piece. :lol:

Seems Megs has to go quite often. :P
Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1508842)
Posted by Va'al on August 3rd, 2013 @ 6:59am CDT
Not limited to ReGeneration One, either!

Re: ReGeneration One Issue 0 - Teasers and Spoilers (1508892)
Posted by triKlops on August 3rd, 2013 @ 11:51am CDT
So Kaopectate Megatron then, hmmmm....
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok