Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th!

Transformers News: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th!

Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 1:27PM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 31,435

Zobover of alt.toys.transformers the original Transformers community has posted an excerpt from the Walmart 2009 Toys Spring Modular Guide. This reveals that the release date for the Transformers Revenge of The Fallen toy line in the US will be May 29th!
Read it by scrolling down or by clicking here.

Here's an excerpt from the Walmart 2009 Toys Spring Modular Guide:

*Action Figures is a "win" category for the toy department. Sales for
Spring and Summer 2009 will be driven pirmarily off the new Hollywood
movies coming to the big screen. Listed below are theatrical release
dates which will affect the action figure category and the toy
department:

? May 1 - Wolverine (new Marvel movie)
? May 8 - Star Trek
? May 22nd - Terminator 4
? June 26th - Transformers 2
? August 7th - GI Joe

*We will do two mod updates during the season to introduce a couple of
the above properties. On March 9, we will do an update to incorporate
of the [sic] new Wolverine toys from Hasbro. Then on May 29th, we
will do a second update to bring in all of the new Transformers 2 toys
to support the movie release.

*Transformers will be far and away the largest action figure license
for the year. On May 29th, when we do the mod update, we will
dedicate major space on our action figure modular to support this
movie event.

Zob

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): zobover
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862234)
Posted by omega666 on January 6th, 2009 @ 1:39pm CST
I will be at Wallmart May 29! :grin:
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862235)
Posted by ponycorn on January 6th, 2009 @ 1:40pm CST
Good, we still will have almost half a year before the stores are all drowning in more movie shelfwarmers.
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862237)
Posted by Serpent O - R on January 6th, 2009 @ 1:42pm CST
So the Movie toys release the same weekend as botcon?

My credit cards will need a bailout after that weekend.
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862242)
Posted by Kique on January 6th, 2009 @ 1:57pm CST
Woot! can't wait !!! :grin:
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862249)
Posted by Omega Charge on January 6th, 2009 @ 2:08pm CST
*Marks Calendar*

:D
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862271)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 6th, 2009 @ 2:34pm CST
Thats way to far away. Looks like im gonna be stuck buying all those animated figures i dont want just to hold me over. I had no clue there were going to be T4 figures. Im interested in seeing whos making them and how well they'll look.
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862274)
Posted by *Soundwave* on January 6th, 2009 @ 2:38pm CST
I know where all my birthday money is going toward and what all my gifts will be now =)

Yay for Spring birthdays!

I'm gonna try to get all Deluxes and Voyagers first that I think will be harder to find later on. Not gonna worry too much about Leaders right away (unless theres a Starscream or Soundwave) because I know their ALWAYS in stores.
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862330)
Posted by Agent 007 on January 6th, 2009 @ 4:07pm CST
goooooood I will be waiting.... :twisted:
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862346)
Posted by Savage on January 6th, 2009 @ 4:28pm CST
Smack in the middle of BotCon. Ha. They did this with Animated last year, but only in Cincinnati. I think I'll just concentrate my spending on BotCon that weekend and pick up the RoTF figures after my wallet has recovered. There are gonna be cooler things to buy in the Dealer Room.
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862352)
Posted by Buttz on January 6th, 2009 @ 4:59pm CST
Thanks but I'll pass. Ever since the first movie line Transformer toys have been crap. The movie ones were just plain ugly, Animated figures are extremely fragile, and classics figures are overly articulated and fall apart too easily.
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862359)
Posted by soundwave13c on January 6th, 2009 @ 5:29pm CST
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just consider me there!
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862377)
Posted by Bumblebeast on January 6th, 2009 @ 6:33pm CST
Walmart bought a local store chain here, so i can't be more happy. They won't import cuban rum, but, who cares. More Transformers !
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862394)
Posted by YRQRM0 on January 6th, 2009 @ 7:06pm CST
That'll give me some time to save up at least, but I MIGHT have to drop a little on T4 though, big Terminator fan.
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862408)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 6th, 2009 @ 7:37pm CST
Someone in Hasbro loves me. My birthday is May 30th.

If everything goes swimmingly I'll be going to Botcon at the same time. This should be pretty sweet.
Re: Release date for TF ROTF toy line revealed: May 29th! (862447)
Posted by jaws on January 6th, 2009 @ 8:51pm CST
Get the kids on the bus that morning, then I'm off to Wal*Mart. Leader OP better be released that morning.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #91 - History Lesson