Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert

Transformers News: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert

Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 1:41AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 53,961

Skyfall and Blaster have been gone from shelf warmers to blockbuster toys with the help of garage company Renderform. What's the next figure on Renderform's hit list? It's Red Alert! The Generations figure is finally going to get a little bit of help to differentiate itself from Sideswipe, Sunstreaker and the ongoing list of characters that have come out of the Lamborghini mold. These pictures show the first run of the set which comes a new head(either red or black), a new hand gun, and an articulated shoulder mounted blaster. These are prototype pictures, and the size of Red Alert's head has since been reduced. Check out the set below!

Seibertron.com Image
Seibertron.com Image
Seibertron.com Image
Seibertron.com Image
Seibertron.com Image
Seibertron.com Image

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Renderform, amcgrath929
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172374)
Posted by Galvatrondestroyer on January 22nd, 2011 @ 2:35am CST
looks really good
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172402)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on January 22nd, 2011 @ 5:51am CST
Very nice indeed. :D
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172415)
Posted by rpetras on January 22nd, 2011 @ 7:05am CST
I never really liked the Sideswipe noggin, so I might just get a red and a black to swap them both out!
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172423)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 22nd, 2011 @ 7:24am CST
Its cool. If this was for sale I might pass. Price is deciding factor, but nice.
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172425)
Posted by jlogano20 on January 22nd, 2011 @ 7:31am CST
the new red head looks like a repianted version of WFC cliffjumper head
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172428)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on January 22nd, 2011 @ 7:54am CST
jlogano20 wrote:the new red head looks like a repianted version of WFC cliffjumper head

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172445)
Posted by Rated X on January 22nd, 2011 @ 8:50am CST
Looks good. I would buy. I missed out on Skyfall. I would buy Skyfall if the guy has more maybe he could PM me.

But when I look at the red head, I see Cliffjumper. I havent seen the cartoon in a while, but I recall Red Alert having a more square head.
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172449)
Posted by phoenix88 on January 22nd, 2011 @ 9:04am CST
I'm digging it so far. The red on the handgun is a bit jarring though.
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172450)
Posted by Cliffjumper Prime on January 22nd, 2011 @ 9:08am CST
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172468)
Posted by Oilspill on January 22nd, 2011 @ 9:38am CST
Cliffjumper Prime wrote:that's totally cliffjumper, not red alert... though it may make a good replacement for classics CJ

This:

Looks more like this:

Than this:

to me anyway :D

Damn you Venksta! I was perfectly happy with my Henkei Red Alert until I saw this. Gonna have to pick up one when I grab the Darkwing head (if they're still around then).
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172476)
Posted by El Duque on January 22nd, 2011 @ 9:50am CST
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172485)
Posted by Oilspill on January 22nd, 2011 @ 10:04am CST
El Duque wrote:I'm still somewhat unclear on exactly how to order his stuff. I would definitely get this though.

In the past I've PMed him on TFW.

But he seems to be updating his site with order forms (click Order Page at the top of his site). He just put one up for the Blaster accessories, so I expect there'll be an order form for Red Alert in the near future.
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172488)
Posted by El Duque on January 22nd, 2011 @ 10:09am CST
Oilspill wrote:

In the past I've PMed him on TFW.

Thanks!
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172499)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 22nd, 2011 @ 10:33am CST
Oilspill wrote:

This:

Looks more like this:

Than this:

to me anyway :D

I agree. And I think the smaller style of this head will further Red Alert look. I wonder if we will be able to get the black blaster with the red head?
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172522)
Posted by Cliffjumper Prime on January 22nd, 2011 @ 11:20am CST
Oilspill wrote:

This:

Looks more like this:

Than this:

to me anyway :D

yeah, it's kinda half way in between... not boxy enough for Red Alert.
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172571)
Posted by Venksta on January 22nd, 2011 @ 2:14pm CST
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I personally don't see similarities to Cliffjumper's head, except for the horns. CJ's head is more of a dome shape. Where as Red Alert's head has different parts to it. Below is a comparison to my Red Alert design to my upcoming classics Cliffjumper head. I'm thinking most people think of the similarities are due to the photos having shots from the front, as well, the red washes out details in the photo.

But some good news, for those that aren't a fan of this design. Someone has been selling a blockier Red Alert head on ebay. Its a custom based off the original Classics head. So its worth tracking down. :)
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172605)
Posted by Praxus Prime on January 22nd, 2011 @ 4:24pm CST
I'm really diggin' that red head! I hate how he originally just has Sideswipe's head... They could've at least used some red plastic in Generations.
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172614)
Posted by Slip?Stream on January 22nd, 2011 @ 4:47pm CST
I'm digging it so far.
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172632)
Posted by LiKwid on January 22nd, 2011 @ 6:05pm CST
Right on venksta..I'll take 2 :)
Re: Renderform RF-004 Security Chief - Red Alert (1172665)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on January 22nd, 2011 @ 8:07pm CST
They ought to make a rocket upgrade kit for Sideswipe. I like this :)

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS DELUXE ACTION FIGURE G2 FIREFLY SUPERION LOOSE - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 21 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars SILVERBOLT Action Figure G2 Superion Loose Voyager - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 22 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1991 motorvator sword (yellowed) GRIPPER brainmaster euro - Time Remaining: 9 days 16 hours 59 minutes 52 seconds
Takara Tomy E-HOBBY Transformers Masterpiece MP-09B Rodimus Prime Black Ver.NEW - Time Remaining: 15 days 21 hours 3 minutes 9 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS E HOBBY LIMITED BLACK MAGNIFICUS NEW - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 3 minutes 14 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS G1 COMMEMORATIVE REISSUE Sideswipe Sideswipe NEW - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 18 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars CYBERSHARK Complete Hammerhead shark robot - Time Remaining: 8 days 7 hours 3 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers G1 Shockwave Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 49 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory