Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs

Transformers News: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs

Friday, March 8th, 2013 9:32AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 22,609

Courtesy of Cybertron.ca, we have interesting information regarding a handful of likely TRU Transformers exclusives. The stock keeping units (SKUs) have revealed the Canadian pricing for figures, including Masterpiece Acid Storm, Generations Metroplex and Masterpiece Soundwave. These prices will likely be shared with American TRUs, much like how the prices were shared for Masterpiece Optimus Prime and Thundercracker. Check out the list below.

Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs

Masterpiece Soundwave SKU043130 - $119.99
Masterpiece Acid Storm SKU043128 - $69.99
Generations Titan Metroplex SKU043106 - $99.99
Prime Plat. Ed Ultra Magnus SKU038196 - $69.99
Prime Ultimate Dragon SKU043112 - $59.99
Prime 16'' Figure SKU038183 - $29.99
Credit(s): Cybertron.ca
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470289)
Posted by RiddlerJ on March 8th, 2013 @ 10:52am CST
Given the scale, Metroplex seems reasonably priced. (hell I paid just as much for Omega Supreme).

The bigger stumbling block is where would I keep him.
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470293)
Posted by Axlmus Prime on March 8th, 2013 @ 10:59am CST
I hope Im able to find the first 3 on the list. That MP Acid Storm looks amazing. If I can get those 3 and reissue Fort Max this will be an EPIC year for me. :D :grin: :BOOM:
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470294)
Posted by #Sideways# on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:05am CST
Metroplex is only $100!? WHAT?! I thought that thing was going to be like, I dunno, $200! Considering the scale, and Hasbro's cheapness, that thing is a steal!

Gosh dangit.

Looks like I can't have both Acid Storm and Soundwave. Both characters I like... Sour grapes.
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470295)
Posted by God Magnus on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:06am CST
Didn't they say at Toy Fair that Metroplex would be $125? Not that I'd complain about $99.99.
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470297)
Posted by Bouncy X on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:15am CST
how the hell is soundwave 20 dollars more than metroplex?

weird.
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470302)
Posted by optimuscarlos on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:17am CST
well those are the prices that I was expecting, no surprises here.
I will get for sure soundwave, but metroplex I dunno, I wish they would have made him more fall of cybertron instead G1 look.
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470312)
Posted by Mkall on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:35am CST
Bouncy X wrote:how the hell is soundwave 20 dollars more than metroplex?

weird.

Better materials, more parts (unconfirmed), all 5 cassettes... all adds up to more labour and assembly costs.
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470314)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:39am CST
Eeeeexcellent. Metroplex shall be mine! Now we only need to pray that they stock them in far more numbers than MP-10 so we don't have to beat the scalpers (and each other) to be first in line.
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470316)
Posted by Homerjay14522 on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:46am CST
:BOOM: METROPLEX IS ONLY $100.....I was expecting $160 min and that was me dreaming....Hopefully he will be easier to find than the Masterpiece Prime
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470334)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 8th, 2013 @ 12:41pm CST
Oh, my aching wallet. :oops:
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470350)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 8th, 2013 @ 1:21pm CST
i knew the mps would be overpriced, hopefully soundwaves high price point will make it a shelf warmer and ill have time to save up the money. I am a bit surprised at metroplex only be $100, thought he was going to be $125 or more. Still going to pass on him though especially since soundwave is so damn much.
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470352)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on March 8th, 2013 @ 1:35pm CST
I'm gonna keep some extra cash ready for prices to adjust higher. What's to say they won't. Remember how TRU MP OP kept going up every freakin' time it sold out? :BANG_HEAD: :VEHI:
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470354)
Posted by DevconSupreme on March 8th, 2013 @ 1:58pm CST
Metroplex was mentioned at Toyfair for $125. If TRU gets it, you can bet they will raise the price from $99.00 to $120.00 or higher like they did with the MP-10 Optimus. My store only got 4 total during Christmas and was selling them higher than the sku price of $99 so dont get to excited my fellow fans if your hunting for him at TRU. :-(
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470357)
Posted by Burn on March 8th, 2013 @ 2:23pm CST
That's a pretty good price considering his size.

Double it for Australia of course ... despite dollar parity.
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470361)
Posted by STINGRAY749 on March 8th, 2013 @ 2:43pm CST
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470362)
Posted by Sargent on March 8th, 2013 @ 2:50pm CST
STINGRAY749 wrote:Sweet happy to hear prices wont make me sell a kidney to get metroplex. Now I just pray its not a tru exclusive.

Now *that* would be a disaster, especially for all non-US fans. Given the shipping costs and having to hunt it down on the secondary market then...*shudders*

We'll see. >:oP
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470363)
Posted by Burn on March 8th, 2013 @ 2:51pm CST
Sargent wrote:

We'll see. >:oP

Just grab the Takara version, there's enough Asia-based western oriented online stores that make it easy to do so.
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470392)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 8th, 2013 @ 5:26pm CST
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470395)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 8th, 2013 @ 5:47pm CST
prices are better than i expected. i thought metroplex would be 125, and i was thinking soundwave would be more. awesome. cant wait to get them.
Re: Retail Masterpiece and Metroplex Prices Revealed in Canadian TRU SKUs (1470396)
Posted by Sinnertwin on March 8th, 2013 @ 5:47pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:WHY THE HIGH PRICES FOR THE PLATINUM FIGS!!!???? KNOCK IT OFF W/ THE EXCLUSIVES HASBRO!!!!!

Platinum? These are mass release retail figures

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 PROWL Nissan Fairlady Z Figure G1 - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 46 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers 2004 Takara Collector Series #8 Inferno 100% Comp w/Box/Bmpst/Paper - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 32 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers G1 VINTAGE 1986 Hasbro Blurr 100% Complete C-5 METAL - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 17 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers G1 VINTAGE 1986 Hasbro Cyclonus Seeker Incomplete C-6 METAL!! - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 16 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers G1 VINTAGE 1986 Hasbro Scourge Seeker Incomplete C-6 METAL!! - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 32 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers G1 VINTAGE 1985 Hasbro Ramjet Seeker 100% Compl Damaged C-4 METAL!! - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 31 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers G1 VINTAGE 1984 Hasbro Trailbreaker 100% Complete C-6 METAL - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 17 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers G1 VINTAGE 1985 Hasbro Thrust Seeker Incomplete C-6 METAL!! - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 16 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory