Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends

Transformers News: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends

Tuesday, December 16th, 2008 7:13AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 16,164

More Revenge of the Fallen Movie toys keep appearing. This time, we get a peek at four in package Legends: Springer, Jetfire, Optimus Prime, and Bumblebee. Note that Jetfire is listed as a Decepticon. Click here to see them.
Credit(s): El Duque, TFW2005
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851284)
Posted by --B-- on December 16th, 2008 @ 7:35am CST
Springer eh? Nice. I have to assume that Jetfire will start off as a 'con and end up a 'bot some point in TF2 and TF3.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851287)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 16th, 2008 @ 7:42am CST
Those look like pretty crummy molds. The new Universe Legends are really nice, and the Animated Legends are great, but these look like they've taken a step backwards.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851293)
Posted by Tigertrack on December 16th, 2008 @ 7:53am CST
I think Springer/Incinerator is pretty nice, but that Jetfire...makes me quiver with joy that I will not be spending much money on movie toys, but at the same time quiver with disgust that the design looks that bad. I hope he is much better designed for his normal movie self.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851327)
Posted by dabattousai on December 16th, 2008 @ 9:40am CST
Seeing Jetfire as a Decepticon has me thinking that he is "The Fallen" as in he is left for dead, then Prime befriends him, they combine and they kick ass.

On the toys themselves, these are passes. I'll pick up the Deluxe, Voyager, Leaders and Supreme Movie toys.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851332)
Posted by JaZzTaStIc on December 16th, 2008 @ 10:00am CST
i wonder if they'll do a voyager size incinerator repaint as springer? i hope not but if they've repainted the legends ones who knows
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851340)
Posted by Bumblebeast on December 16th, 2008 @ 10:22am CST
Springer ! Jetfire ! I can't wait to see the Deluxe classes.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851349)
Posted by zero-kaiser on December 16th, 2008 @ 10:33am CST
i quite like that Legends Class Prime :) Jetfire i fear may have ended up abit like the last lines Starscream.. pretty good Voyager mold... craptastic Legends mold..

of course with all new figures im gunna wait until we see official clear, out of the box photos, before i make any kinda judgement.. :)
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851393)
Posted by nemesis-prime on December 16th, 2008 @ 12:13pm CST
ill buy all the legends but bumblebee and maybe not optimus im tired of the same fig just in a new package...jet fire should be just as cool as legends blackout
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851428)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on December 16th, 2008 @ 1:20pm CST
I thought Prime and Jetfire were supposed to Combine? Does anyone else remember reading this?
:-?
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851431)
Posted by Skowl on December 16th, 2008 @ 1:24pm CST
transformers_man wrote:ill buy all the legends but bumblebee and maybe not optimus im tired of the same fig just in a new package...

You do realise both Bumblebee and Prime are entirely new molds, right?

Speaking of which, that new mold for Prime is friggin' amazing! A huge improvement over the last one (which didn't even look like him at all). Here's hoping that Ratchet gets a new Legends mold as well, he needs one badly.

Jetfire looks cool, and I find it funny how TFW2005 says that they are the first to break the news of Jetfire being a Decepticon... didn't they also break the news that Jetfire would be an Autobot? I think most fans can piece together the fact that he'll probably switch sides due to the fact that he combines with Prime (and that he's friggin' Jetfire).

And Springer is probably just another non-movie character, don't get your hope's up that he will appear in the movie.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851436)
Posted by nemesis-prime on December 16th, 2008 @ 1:33pm CST
Skowl wrote:

You do realise both Bumblebee and Prime are entirely new molds, right?

couldnt really tell maybe highres pics will appear since the legend class is not very expensive ill prolly get them all anyway
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851441)
Posted by Firebird on December 16th, 2008 @ 1:38pm CST
I'm glad that the Legends Prime looks better than the attempt from the last movie. But I will be passing on the Legends class this time.

I will be spending my money on the larger figures.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851448)
Posted by First-Aid on December 16th, 2008 @ 1:52pm CST

We'll see how these things go. I really like the scouts we've seen. The legends aren't that bad. We'll see.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851454)
Posted by nemesis-prime on December 16th, 2008 @ 2:00pm CST
First-Aid wrote:I still think that the designs for the original line were received before ILM made final detailing and as such the discrepencies between the movie figures and the actual characters. I suspect we'll see the same thing in this movie. Remember, Hasbro said in their Q and A it takes 12-14 months from beginning to end as far as production goes.

dead end and the boat is cool im so so on the fork lift and redbull truck
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851472)
Posted by Nekoman on December 16th, 2008 @ 2:34pm CST
Does anyone else think Jetfire looks like an Over Flag from Gundam?

I actually like these pretty well, so far TF2 is looking great!
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851540)
Posted by YRQRM0 on December 16th, 2008 @ 4:08pm CST
Darn, I was really hoping for Autobot Jetfire, it would be nice to see some Armada Homage
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851578)
Posted by dabattousai on December 16th, 2008 @ 5:15pm CST
Nekoman wrote:Does anyone else think Jetfire looks like an Over Flag from Gundam?

I actually like these pretty well, so far TF2 is looking great!

Haha, be pretty hilarious if it is considering the G1 version was a ripoff of the Macross Jet Robot mold.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851605)
Posted by leader magnus prime on December 16th, 2008 @ 7:00pm CST
woo springer
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851617)
Posted by dragons on December 16th, 2008 @ 7:17pm CST
springer wow didnt see that coming some look good animated, & univese legends do look better than these guys
Re: Revenge of the Fallen - More Movie Legends (851657)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 16th, 2008 @ 9:10pm CST
So im guessing there doing the hole Skyfire is tricked into being a con then joins the bots later on like in G1. Or bay screws thing up again and just slapped a name on a mech again. Springer should've been Obsidian.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial