Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored

Transformers News: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored

Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 10:04PM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 11,440

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Artist Robert Atkins has updated his blog with a colored version of his special Transformers/G.I. Joe crossover cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200! The covers combine to form an awesome image celebrating the two landmark issues. He believes these will be limited run retailer incentive covers. Check out the image mirrored from Robert Atkin's Blog below:

Transformers News: Re: Robert Atkins Reveals Special Transformers/G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration
Credit(s): Robert Atkins
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544583)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 23rd, 2014 @ 10:22pm CST
Who are those two grappling bots in the far left just above Shockwave and Snake Eyes?
Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544590)
Posted by MegaDump on January 23rd, 2014 @ 10:56pm CST
I think it's supposed to be Ultra Magnus and Jhiaxus... Although Magnus appears to be missing one of his antennae.
Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544607)
Posted by EagleTron on January 24th, 2014 @ 1:26am CST
That's some good artwork. The color palette grabs your attention. They should maybe try to take this transformers/G.I. Joe thing to the next level, movie. First a animated one then a live action movie.
Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544648)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on January 24th, 2014 @ 7:11am CST
Megatron looks kind of naked without his chest symbol. Magnus needs some touch up work as well with the missing antenna and the shoulder pad turned funny.

I don't think human guns could take out Shockwave's eye either... but I'll allow artistic license lol
Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544651)
Posted by Va'al on January 24th, 2014 @ 7:20am CST
MegaDump wrote:I think it's supposed to be Ultra Magnus and Jhiaxus... Although Magnus appears to be missing one of his antennae.


Yeah, I agree with you. Looks like the -ations version of Jhiaxus. :-?
Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544656)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 24th, 2014 @ 8:05am CST
Black Bumblebee wrote:Megatron looks kind of naked without his chest symbol. Magnus needs some touch up work as well with the missing antenna and the shoulder pad turned funny.

I don't think human guns could take out Shockwave's eye either... but I'll allow artistic license lol


I think someone in an earlier thread talked about this and I'm inclined to agree. I would like to see a crossover story where The Transformers aren't just womped by G.I. Joe and Cobra but come off as an actual threat. These are supposed to be alien robots. Seeing then just taken down by a few bullets or Snake Eye's sword is a little lame.
Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544664)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2014 @ 8:58am CST
EagleTron wrote:That's some good artwork. The color palette grabs your attention. They should maybe try to take this transformers/G.I. Joe thing to the next level, movie. First a animated one then a live action movie.
I could see an animated film, but a live action one is basically what we've already gotten with the first three films, just with the Joes swapped out with the U.S. army/N.E.S.T.
Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544683)
Posted by EagleTron on January 24th, 2014 @ 9:42am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
EagleTron wrote:That's some good artwork. The color palette grabs your attention. They should maybe try to take this transformers/G.I. Joe thing to the next level, movie. First a animated one then a live action movie.
I could see an animated film, but a live action one is basically what we've already gotten with the first three films, just with the Joes swapped out with the U.S. army/N.E.S.T.

Yeah, I started to think about that too how that a live action movie of this would be a little over the top but an animated on would be great. You could just imagine the some of the plot details in your mind. The humans with some transformers like suits they can put on, maybe.
Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544691)
Posted by triKlops on January 24th, 2014 @ 10:01am CST
This artwork / cover combo looks pretty awesome; ;)^
Hopefully means that there are more good things to come.
Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544703)
Posted by Bouncy X on January 24th, 2014 @ 10:20am CST
is this final final?

because the following dont have their faction symbol where it normally is...Megatron, Prime, Hot Rod and Soundwave.

oh and i also now have a new wallpaper!! :P
Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544712)
Posted by Doubleadam on January 24th, 2014 @ 10:39am CST
No insignia on my favorite Cybertronians... :-?
Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544729)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 24th, 2014 @ 11:33am CST
Va'al wrote:
MegaDump wrote:I think it's supposed to be Ultra Magnus and Jhiaxus... Although Magnus appears to be missing one of his antennae.


Yeah, I agree with you. Looks like the -ations version of Jhiaxus. :-?

Well, if you check out the first post, that includes the thumb of the cover, you'll see that it is indeed Ultra Magnus and Jiaxus.
Image
Yea, the inker managed to forget inking one of Ultra Magnus's antennae. I also believe that this is not the final colour version as Ultra Magnus needs some more touchups and as others have stated, all the faction symbols are missing.

But man, this cover is ace, it's one of the best I've seen recently, and reminds me of the fantastic covers and posters we used to get over at Dreamwave.

I really want this as a poster.
Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544732)
Posted by Va'al on January 24th, 2014 @ 11:49am CST
Dead Metal wrote:But man, this cover is ace, it's one of the best I've seen recently, and reminds me of the fantastic covers and posters we used to get over at Dreamwave.

I really want this as a poster.


Oi! What about Figueroa and Burcham's Stormbringer?

Image

Matere and Tramontano's interlocking covers on RID/MTMTE?

Image

This amazing thing from Alex Milne?

Image
Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544763)
Posted by DeadCaL on January 24th, 2014 @ 1:04pm CST
I like how Prime is nonchalantly taking out a Cobra jet without even looking

Pilot: Cobraaa...
Prime: NOPE
Re: Robert Atkins Special Transformers / G.I. Joe Crossover Cover for Transformers: Regeneration One #100 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #200 Colored (1544764)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 24th, 2014 @ 1:04pm CST
Haven't forgotten about those, that's why I said one of the best recently and not the best.

And it just kinda reminds me of the old Dreamwave covers and promo images, they would always have something of this scale, for almost every comic they did. Or at least that's what how I remember it.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014