Transformers News: RobotKingdom.com Site Sponsor News - Cybertron Con Exclusives Grimlock and Skyfire

Tuesday, August 6th, 2013 4:12AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Sponsor News, Collectables
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 28,082

Hi,

please post the following news as soon as possible:

Takara Cybertron con Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock & Henkei Skyfire (Jetfire) Set of 2.
Pre-order.
USD349
Available in late August 2013.
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/es ... g=us&CatID

Takara Cybertron Con Exclusive Henkei Skyfire (Jetfire).
Pre-order.
USD89.9
Available in late August 2013.
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/es ... g=us&CatID

Thanks,
Ray
www.robotkingdom.com
Credit(s): RobotKingdom

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: RobotKingdom.com Site Sponsor News - Cybertron Con Exclusives Grimlock and Skyfire (1509719)
Posted by Razorgatortt on August 6th, 2013 @ 9:32am CDT
Is the price too steep or for a grimlock masterpiece, this is a good deal?
Re: RobotKingdom.com Site Sponsor News - Cybertron Con Exclusives Grimlock and Skyfire (1509725)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 6th, 2013 @ 9:51am CDT
These damn exclusives are making me want toys I already own... must resit.
Re: RobotKingdom.com Site Sponsor News - Cybertron Con Exclusives Grimlock and Skyfire (1509738)
Posted by Metrosuplex on August 6th, 2013 @ 10:17am CDT
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! And I can't afford it. >:oP

Excuse my ignorance here, but does the Asian collector market work differently than that of the U.S.? I expect a pricey MP, but these prices are crazy high! Am I supposed to work hard for a week and save an entire paycheck just to buy these? Is that how it works in Asia? :???:

Well, congrats and enjoy to those who can afford this! I would love an MP Grimlock, but I couldn't go more than $150 with my budget. :sad:
Re: RobotKingdom.com Site Sponsor News - Cybertron Con Exclusives Grimlock and Skyfire (1509790)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 6th, 2013 @ 1:38pm CDT
Re: RobotKingdom.com Site Sponsor News - Cybertron Con Exclusives Grimlock and Skyfire (1509878)
Posted by zatara1701 on August 6th, 2013 @ 6:47pm CDT
MenaceRX wrote:Why is it we cant just get Grimlock... I dont need Jetfire or want him for that matter, he doesnt transform correct? So why should I pay another 90 for an object I dont need and the shipping to go with it. I would love to have Grimlock, 349 is steep considering most dont need Jetfire or want it.

The Jetfire/Skyfire they are showing is just the Classics version from a few years ago, YES, it transforms :HEADHURTS: I am not even sure where that question came from...

I don't get all these people saying "Nobody wants Jetfire/Skyfire anyways??" That mold is one of the BEST the Classics line ever put out!! :BANG_HEAD: Not only is it VERY close in spirit to Jetfire the toy, it also allows a more cartoon accurate representation of "Skyfire" as he was known in the cartoon. $90-100 bucks is kinda coming off cheap compared to Ebay and Amazon.

Now $349 for MP Grimlock :ic$: ?? I LOVE my Grimmy, but they need to be showing us some images of him before I would tell someone to spend $350 on him. There would need to be something REALLY SPECIAL and different about him, and so far no one has said or shown anything to allude to that.

BOTH are AWSOME MOLDS, and I am lucky enough to already have them both from when they hit stores eons ago... If you can afford it, go for it... IF Grimlock is more than just the same old MP in a fancy box. If you cannot afford it, then keeping your lights on or your car payment current is my recommendation :grin:
Re: RobotKingdom.com Site Sponsor News - Cybertron Con Exclusives Grimlock and Skyfire (1509896)
Posted by Mkall on August 6th, 2013 @ 8:16pm CDT
MenaceRX wrote:Why is it we cant just get Grimlock...

Apparently, according to BBTS, they are ordered in 2 Skyfires to 1 Grimlock. Retailers don't want a mass of Skyfires they can't move, so if you want one, you gotta live with the other.

Not me though, I don't need/want either
Re: RobotKingdom.com Site Sponsor News - Cybertron Con Exclusives Grimlock and Skyfire (1509899)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 6th, 2013 @ 8:27pm CDT
Sorry for the stupid question "Does he even Transform?" I thought it was legit considering the recent Hasbro GI JOE JETFIRE deal, just was confused since they opted not to provide squat for detailed pics of either really.

But even still I have no interest in him or having to pay 100 for him with shipping just to get Grimlock. Its just to steep for my wallet. To bad would like to have a MP Grimlock in my collection but not $400 spent with my wife killing me over it lol.
Re: RobotKingdom.com Site Sponsor News - Cybertron Con Exclusives Grimlock and Skyfire (1509912)
Posted by Metrosuplex on August 6th, 2013 @ 9:01pm CDT
Doesn't the price seem kind of high, even with importing duties factored in?

This feels like another cash-in on collectors' "gotta catch em all!" habits. I mean, they must be banking on variant collectors and scalpers - I just don't see who else could afford this.
Re: RobotKingdom.com Site Sponsor News - Cybertron Con Exclusives Grimlock and Skyfire (1509986)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 7th, 2013 @ 7:43am CDT
It feels like that to me. I mean my next 4 Pre-orders for MP's with BBTS together only total $320 before shipping and tax. So really this doesnt add up unless its a cash grab or there are some major enhancements to the MP figure and Jetfire.

The price tag to me reflects a marquee character that is not quite the scale of the other MP's since it was one of the first originally as I understand it, and because of the name just like Prime its being marked up tremendously due to high demand. There doesnt seem to be any other justifiable reason.
Re: RobotKingdom.com Site Sponsor News - Cybertron Con Exclusives Grimlock and Skyfire (1509994)
Posted by RhA on August 7th, 2013 @ 8:17am CDT

Hurray for me.
Re: RobotKingdom.com Site Sponsor News - Cybertron Con Exclusives Grimlock and Skyfire (1510082)
Posted by Metrosuplex on August 7th, 2013 @ 3:30pm CDT
RhA wrote:That's a good chance to get both these awesome toys. However, I 'm luck enough to already own both in their Henkei bodies.

Hurray for me.

Hurray for you from me! :)
I'd criticize, but I'd probably say the same if I were you. I think the morale here is what I'm always tellin' the wife re: my TF spendin': "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!" ;)

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Universe Optimus Prime Vs Megatron - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 14 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Original G1 AFA 85 Minibot Cosmos w/ Patch 80/85/85 - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 1 minute 17 seconds
Transformers Original G1 AFA 85 Minibot Huffer w/ Mini Spy 80/85/90 - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 1 minute 30 seconds
Transformers Original G1 Monsterbot Doublecross Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 16 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Original G1 Headmaster Mindwipe Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 1 minute 20 seconds
Transformers Original G1 Terrorcon Rippersnapper Complete for Abominus - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 46 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Original G1 Headmaster Weirdwolf Complete - Time Remaining: 23 days 21 hours 31 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Original G1 Combaticon Blast Off Metal Chest Complete for Bruticus - Time Remaining: 9 days 20 hours 46 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory