Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap?

Transformers News: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap?

Tuesday, May 11th, 2010 6:19PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Rumors
Posted by: Diem   Views: 66,374

Transformers Director Michael Bay is pretty well known for spreading misinformation about his movies but in this case he's been caught quickly. Previously he outright stated that Skids and Mudflap, the Autobot Twins, would not be making an appearance in the forthcoming movie Transformers 3. However these pictures seem to tell a different story.

The pictures, taken by a photographer for Left Lane News show two Chevy Sparks with stripes in the distinctive colours of the twins. The second picture also appears to show Autobot badges on the hubcaps. If the images are indeed of the twins it's clear they will be sporting new paint jobs and alt modes.

You can see the original pictures here.

Thanks go to Seibertron member lbrosfilm for letting us know about these pictures!

Stick with Seibertron.com for all the latest in movie news and rumours!
Credit(s): Left Lane News
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073365)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 11th, 2010 @ 6:21pm CDT
Well, maybe there gonna get killed off early. This IS one of the first scenes they're shooting right?
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073370)
Posted by Editor on May 11th, 2010 @ 6:25pm CDT
Don't care for the characters, but digging the matching paint jobs.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073371)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 11th, 2010 @ 6:26pm CDT
Aw ffffff....

I was happier when I heard they might not be in it or might have only a tiny part in it. If they're getting new forms that probably means we're gonna see more of them than we need/want to. Devastator should have crushed them both in the last movie.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073374)
Posted by Diem on May 11th, 2010 @ 6:34pm CDT
Sorry to break your hearts guys.

With all the flak Bay received last time over the Twins being racial stereotypes baybe he'll be more sparing with them this time.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073375)
Posted by Elita One on May 11th, 2010 @ 6:38pm CDT
In vehicle mode they look nice. I love the paint job on em. As long as their screen presence in TF 3 is minimal I can live with them being there.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073384)
Posted by Zeds on May 11th, 2010 @ 6:50pm CDT
Kill them Bay. KILL THEM! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073388)
Posted by ConBotFormer on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:01pm CDT
Oh crap no. Dammit! The twins might be back, well maybe they'll be killed off. If Bay wants to misinform people about TF3, he should just say the movie is going to be good. :lol:

And then when we all see it, we all can be like.

"Oh Bay, you, you got us again. You little sneaky guy. You told us the TF3 was going to be good and it's just awful. We fell for your "genius" movie making misinformation ploys again.":lol:

sigh... :roll:
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073395)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:18pm CDT
same alt mode this time ? odd :-?
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073396)
Posted by HighPrime on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:19pm CDT
I hope these guys are back. I really like them, and thought they were a riot.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073399)
Posted by originaldave77 on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:22pm CDT
I hope the twins have as much presence in the sequel as Jar Jar did in Episodes 2 and 3!

That being said, they should at least be more colourful. A lot of non-TF fans I watched the movies with couldn't tell who is who. Bay should have kept the Autobots in bright colours, the Decepticons in grays and darks. Jazz and Sideswipe shouldn't have been gray, Ironhide shouldn't have been black, and now the Twins look desaturated.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073403)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:31pm CDT
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073405)
Posted by Galvatron X on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:39pm CDT
I can't say too much about the characters, cuz I was kinda in the middle on the whole debate, but those cars look friggin' cool! GM needs to release those!

I'm lovin' the whole spoiler-on-the-hatchback thing. That's the first GM car I've seen in a long time that made me think "Wow, I'd like to have that!".
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073409)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:43pm CDT
Diem wrote:Sorry to break your hearts guys.

But they're both litterally black now!!! :roll:
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073412)
Posted by proximus on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:48pm CDT

What I wonder about, is why did they ditch the Chevy Trax over the Spark?
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073415)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:52pm CDT
proximus wrote:Well, I think I like the idea of them having the same alt mode but different transformation logic and bot forms. I wish he had done this for the previous film. The paint looks sharp too even.

What I wonder about, is why did they ditch the Chevy Trax over the Spark?

Did you notice how NO ONE in ROTF ever wanted the Trax? Skidz and Mudflap both wanted the Spark (Beat) and at the end, Simmons chose to drive Skidz, when Mudflap was closer to him, and Leo followed.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073420)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:02pm CDT
Hmm, the alt modes look a lot sharper. Maybe he will use the new alt modes to alter their robot heads some. I highly doubt he will kill them off though. I have a four year old cousin who loves the twins. I imagine most of the youth feels the same way. They'll be back.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073422)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:04pm CDT
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073425)
Posted by ShadowCourier66 on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:07pm CDT
The Twins werent THAT bad. mabey this time they wont look like retards and get semi decent toys... :shock:
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073426)
Posted by Joshua Vallse on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:08pm CDT
2 things....

Either they're cannon fodder (YAYYY!!!!)

Or,

I remember the twins originally were suppose to combine, much like the Arcee triplets concept, but were scrapped because of time constraints and the lack of resources. With these new images, they might be re-visiting this concept in a dire attempt for some public acceptance. This might be successful being they are restricted to background extras with minimal to no speaking lines (Like Jolt, who irronically should have had speaking lines..or any lines!)

Personally, I hope Bay kills em. Mind you, they're deaths could be useful. Set a serious mood or tone to the movie being all of our characters look to be more mature...you know, all the things we were promised ROTF was going to be.
-Josh
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073435)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:17pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Got to love their sense of humor. "The Twins are terrible black stereotypes!" Paints them black. :P

Hah, never thought of it like that actually. You know, that might even be my move were I in his position. :P
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073438)
Posted by Caelus on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:22pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:Well, maybe there gonna get killed off early.

Or better yet, maybe they'll grow out of being white trash middle schoolers. I mean, how long do you think Ironhide, Sideswipe, or the human soldiers they're fighting along-side would tolerate their immaturity, incompetence, and complete lack of discipline.

Yeah, I know, it's a bit much too expect dynamic characters in this series, but maybe if it happens off screen...

You have to admit, these paint jobs would make them look more like professional soldiers.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073441)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:30pm CDT
Caelus wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Well, maybe there gonna get killed off early.

I agree. Maybe, they will follow the ridiculous Hasbro Tuner Mudflap bio and Sideswipe turned them into elite warriors? :-?
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073444)
Posted by First-Aid on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:47pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:

The funny thing is, he was not "racist". He was parroting the hip hop CULTURE. Last time I checked, CULTURE was not RACE. Honestly, my feel is that if you group blacks into this CULTURAL stereotype, YOU are racist. Viewing those two characters as racial is just ignorant as there are just as many whites and Hispanics in the hip hop culture as there are blacks, and they can be stereotyped the same way.

I really like the new paint jobs, and I agree that the colors are to much of a coincidence for them not to be the Twins. I wonder if, when Bay said "The Twins are not in TF3", he actually meant the Arcee twins/tripletts.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073446)
Posted by Burn on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:48pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:-Reminder: Remember to put down Michael Bay as least favorite movie director- :-x

1 - No.
2 - You honestly would put Uwe Boll ahead of Michael Bay?
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073454)
Posted by Editor on May 11th, 2010 @ 9:17pm CDT
Burn wrote:

1 - No.
2 - You honestly would put Uwe Boll ahead of Michael Bay?

I might not, but I would question it. "The Doctor" Uwe Boll is better in some ways than Bay. Maybe not in product because as a directer there is no question how bad most of his movies are, but he's not afraid to stand behind his works. The man has stones, and is willing to literally kick your ass to defend his films.

Plus if Bay was working with the type of budgets that Boll normally does I'd like to see what he could do. I doubt Boll would make a great movie with Bay's normal funding, but I doubt Bay could do any better with Boll's regular funding when he can't spend the gross domestic product of a small African nation just on pyrotechnics.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073455)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 11th, 2010 @ 9:22pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:

You are absolutely right. The only thing he was poking fun at was the dumb-ass white, suburban, poser, wanna-be little punks who would quite literally piss themselves if they ever found themselves dropped into the middle of an actual 'Hood. HOWEVER, given the overall ignorance running rampant and unchecked in our society, you do have to admit that painting both those cars black could easily be taken the wrong way. Myself, I laughed when I first saw the pics. because I know full well that some civil-rights group is gonna cry "Foul" when this movie comes out. 8-}

I also have to agree with Caelus. If they are going to look professional and function as part of a joint military unit, they either need to get their **** together or Lennox or Ironhide need to pop a shot off at them within the first 5 minutes of the film and put them in their place.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073463)
Posted by MYoung23 on May 11th, 2010 @ 10:11pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:

I concur.

I saw Skidz and Mudflap as more like Jamie Kennedy-Malibu Most Wanted/Poser mobile commercial wanna bes.

If you saw those 2 characters and instantly perceived them as black then that says something about you more than anything else.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073477)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 11th, 2010 @ 10:55pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:

These are all jokes man, be calm. I'm usually the one pointing that exact same thing out to people. It was just an amusing point to bring up to me.

Also, when Lennox called out for Arcee, I don't think he was saying "Arcee twins!" I think it was meant to be "Arcee, Twins!" As in him calling Arcee (all three of them were named Arcee in the movie, the toys were given seperate names), and calling Mudflap and Skids in as the twins.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073487)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on May 11th, 2010 @ 11:35pm CDT
Hmm.....I'm gonna be opposite of alot of people and say...YAY!
I liked the Twins....
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073510)
Posted by Albershide on May 12th, 2010 @ 2:16am CDT
Burn wrote:

1 - No.
2 - You honestly would put Uwe Boll ahead of Michael Bay?

Hahahahah! I definitely agree with you Burn. :)
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073522)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 12th, 2010 @ 4:47am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:

Thats what Im saying, your the fourth person (including myself) who has said somthing like this out of all the people who complain about the movie.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073528)
Posted by GEEWUN on May 12th, 2010 @ 5:27am CDT
I am not surprised, but I am not happy!!!
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073533)
Posted by Prime Riblet on May 12th, 2010 @ 5:42am CDT
It is too early to start worrying about this just yet. I figure the Twins will be there in the 3rd movie. It is going to happen. It is just sad that they are once again going to take up a huge bunch of CGI resources that could otherwise be used for other, more interesting characters. I mean, it is pretty ridiculous how much time the Twins got in RoTF. I understand it from a marketing standpoint, since the average movie-goer doesn't really care one way or the other. However, even people who can't differentiate between good characters and crappy characters would hopefully enjoy seeing a Corvette Stingray Concept car rather than a Chevy Beat or Chevy Trax. Oh well, whatever.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073544)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 12th, 2010 @ 6:44am CDT
It's upgrade time!! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073564)
Posted by Corduroy Bear on May 12th, 2010 @ 7:57am CDT
Setting the characters aside for a moment, did anyone notice that the Beat is now a 4-door? Check the shorter front door, panel lines around the rear quarter, and grab handle on the rear window. That's a big change!

I'd sure like to see these on the road. Looks like Chevy is taking aim at the Fit and Versa by making the Beat a more practical 4-door, but keeping the look of the concept.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073568)
Posted by Requiem Prime on May 12th, 2010 @ 8:02am CDT
If they're in, I hope they've had their own profound "Goldbug" passages between this and ROTF.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073574)
Posted by Drecepticon on May 12th, 2010 @ 8:28am CDT
One of the things that annoy me about the movies is that Bay/writers insist on characters with silly voices or wacky quirks having too much screen time. Like the ghettobots/wiggabots, Bumblebee, Jetfire,... and Simmons. I just wish they would have given the Arcee Twins the spot the idiot twins had.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073575)
Posted by nemesisblaze on May 12th, 2010 @ 8:36am CDT
1.) they are either here for quick cannon fodder.

2.) it is revealed that they died at the hands of devestator

4.) change allegiances or are reformatted as Runabout and Runamuck!

Either way I dig the new paint schemes. Who know...maybe Mikaela's evil boss has something to do with this. It's anyone's guess at this point but I don't think they would go through this trouble if they weren't going to use them in some capacity.

Nemesis Blaze
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073585)
Posted by First-Aid on May 12th, 2010 @ 9:10am CDT
nemesisblaze wrote:First time poster here but I've been a fan and dedicated reader of this site for numerous years! I love the work you guys do. The best Transformers site around...period!!

Nemesis Blaze

Welcome to our merry band! 8-} :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073613)
Posted by rpetras on May 12th, 2010 @ 10:45am CDT
Perhaps they will follow the Jar Jar model and in their second appearance, they will be seen and not heard.

Background only in the movie, but with new paint work and transforms to sell toys.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073682)
Posted by Joshua Vallse on May 12th, 2010 @ 2:24pm CDT
nemesisblaze wrote:1.) they are either here for quick cannon fodder.

2.) it is revealed that they died at the hands of devestator

4.) change allegiances or are reformatted as Runabout and Runamuck!

Nemesis Blaze

Welcome.

I agree that Patrick's character (Mikaela's boss) has something to do with what we're seeing here. After seeing photos of Megan driving BB, I suspect she's apart of a proactive ground control unit comprising of BB, and now the twins. I don't think they would switch allegence, being they're so hookey I would find it would loose credibility to the Decepticons as a threat. Especially after ROTF, the deceptions need a huge workover to regain their Bad A$$ badge back.

Personally, though I'm all for suggestion 1. Like I said, they need to die. And being alot of what's being revealed (With the exception of this) such as the new cast and they're character involvment, this movie seems to be heading for a darker more mature tone. Then again, we've all heard this before. But there's no better way to set a darker tone then to kill off the bad comedy routine. Or set a lighter tone, as some people (Me) would precieve it.
-Josh
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073812)
Posted by syphonn on May 12th, 2010 @ 7:55pm CDT
So Revenge of The Fallen part II ...
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073863)
Posted by Lastjustice on May 13th, 2010 @ 12:58am CDT
Whether they re in or out, it makes no difference to me. I enjoyed both of the movies so far. I'll be watching the third no matter what.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073878)
Posted by Albershide on May 13th, 2010 @ 2:15am CDT
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073883)
Posted by Joshua Vallse on May 13th, 2010 @ 3:38am CDT
Albershide wrote:I am pretty sure because of the new look of the twins (same cars different colors) they will both combine in a bigger bad ass robot. And the explanation may be that they are Autobot triple changers.

I agree that they will combine, though I'm not sure about the triple changer bit. I think one gimmick per bot is enough, the Twins can have the combiner gimmick. If there is a bot that might better qualify for a triple changer, it would be Jolt being he's had the less screen time, so he's the most open to interpretation and clarification come this third round.

Honestly, I'd rather see Arcee redone ala Ben Proctor's original concept and fancy they go through with her original combiner concept more then the twins. Now, mind you I'm not saying please green light that aweful mess of scrap art that was suppose to be her combiner mode with the other two. I'm saying, have her be a combiner, but a sleek fine tuned machine verses randon pointy edges rivited to a wheel ala gizmo duck.

Though I hated her design, she's a character I think would be better to develop then the twins who I just overall didn't like in design or character. They really did nothing for the story.
Now I'm just ranting though...
-Josh
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073900)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 13th, 2010 @ 5:38am CDT
Joshua Vallse wrote:
nemesisblaze wrote:1.) they are either here for quick cannon fodder.

2.) it is revealed that they died at the hands of devestator

4.) change allegiances or are reformatted as Runabout and Runamuck!

Nemesis Blaze

Welcome.

-Josh

Makayla's boss? What is that? I thought Sam had a boss, but I didnt know anything about this. And why would her boss have anything to do with this?
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073907)
Posted by Albershide on May 13th, 2010 @ 6:10am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Joshua Vallse wrote:
nemesisblaze wrote:1.) they are either here for quick cannon fodder.

2.) it is revealed that they died at the hands of devestator

4.) change allegiances or are reformatted as Runabout and Runamuck!

Nemesis Blaze

Welcome.

-Josh

There you go mate. :)

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/05/ ... formers-3/
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073911)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 13th, 2010 @ 6:16am CDT
Albershide wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Joshua Vallse wrote:
nemesisblaze wrote:1.) they are either here for quick cannon fodder.

2.) it is revealed that they died at the hands of devestator

4.) change allegiances or are reformatted as Runabout and Runamuck!

Nemesis Blaze

Welcome.

-Josh

There you go mate. :)

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/05/ ... formers-3/

Oh yeah, I heard about that. But who said hes evil!? Maybe hes the new Leo type character
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1074028)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on May 13th, 2010 @ 2:21pm CDT
Or maybe he sends Leo far away never to be seen again!
Sorry, I just really dislike Leo, and the fact that he gets a BIGGER ROLE is really...annoying, bring back Glen, he was actually funny...

Still, I'm glad the Twins are in the movie as I actually liked them, I'm just hoping they don't steal the screentime of the cool bots...just have them in for a few minutes for some random "comedy" but not have more time than everyone else...
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1074080)
Posted by GEEWUN on May 13th, 2010 @ 4:31pm CDT
zenosaurus_x wrote:Or maybe he sends Leo far away never to be seen again!

Glen was AWESOME!!!! but I can't help wondering why the same alt. modes.... perhaps they got the same one because they did both want the "Green one" in the beginning of RotF.

Click here to view an additional 9 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction