Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap?

Transformers News: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap?

Tuesday, May 11th, 2010 6:19PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Rumors
Posted by: Diem   Views: 69,702

Transformers Director Michael Bay is pretty well known for spreading misinformation about his movies but in this case he's been caught quickly. Previously he outright stated that Skids and Mudflap, the Autobot Twins, would not be making an appearance in the forthcoming movie Transformers 3. However these pictures seem to tell a different story.

The pictures, taken by a photographer for Left Lane News show two Chevy Sparks with stripes in the distinctive colours of the twins. The second picture also appears to show Autobot badges on the hubcaps. If the images are indeed of the twins it's clear they will be sporting new paint jobs and alt modes.

You can see the original pictures here.

Thanks go to Seibertron member lbrosfilm for letting us know about these pictures!

Stick with Seibertron.com for all the latest in movie news and rumours!
Credit(s): Left Lane News
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073365)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 11th, 2010 @ 6:21pm CDT
Well, maybe there gonna get killed off early. This IS one of the first scenes they're shooting right?
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073370)
Posted by Editor on May 11th, 2010 @ 6:25pm CDT
Don't care for the characters, but digging the matching paint jobs.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073371)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 11th, 2010 @ 6:26pm CDT
Aw ffffff....

I was happier when I heard they might not be in it or might have only a tiny part in it. If they're getting new forms that probably means we're gonna see more of them than we need/want to. Devastator should have crushed them both in the last movie.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073374)
Posted by Diem on May 11th, 2010 @ 6:34pm CDT
Sorry to break your hearts guys.

With all the flak Bay received last time over the Twins being racial stereotypes baybe he'll be more sparing with them this time.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073375)
Posted by Elita One on May 11th, 2010 @ 6:38pm CDT
In vehicle mode they look nice. I love the paint job on em. As long as their screen presence in TF 3 is minimal I can live with them being there.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073384)
Posted by Zeds on May 11th, 2010 @ 6:50pm CDT
Kill them Bay. KILL THEM! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073388)
Posted by ConBotFormer on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:01pm CDT
Oh crap no. Dammit! The twins might be back, well maybe they'll be killed off. If Bay wants to misinform people about TF3, he should just say the movie is going to be good. :lol:

And then when we all see it, we all can be like.

"Oh Bay, you, you got us again. You little sneaky guy. You told us the TF3 was going to be good and it's just awful. We fell for your "genius" movie making misinformation ploys again.":lol:

sigh... :roll:
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073395)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:18pm CDT
same alt mode this time ? odd :-?
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073396)
Posted by HighPrime on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:19pm CDT
I hope these guys are back. I really like them, and thought they were a riot.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073399)
Posted by originaldave77 on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:22pm CDT
I hope the twins have as much presence in the sequel as Jar Jar did in Episodes 2 and 3!

That being said, they should at least be more colourful. A lot of non-TF fans I watched the movies with couldn't tell who is who. Bay should have kept the Autobots in bright colours, the Decepticons in grays and darks. Jazz and Sideswipe shouldn't have been gray, Ironhide shouldn't have been black, and now the Twins look desaturated.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073403)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:31pm CDT
-Reminder: Remember to put down Michael Bay as least favorite movie director- :-x
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073405)
Posted by Galvatron X on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:39pm CDT
I can't say too much about the characters, cuz I was kinda in the middle on the whole debate, but those cars look friggin' cool! GM needs to release those!

I'm lovin' the whole spoiler-on-the-hatchback thing. That's the first GM car I've seen in a long time that made me think "Wow, I'd like to have that!".
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073409)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:43pm CDT
Diem wrote:Sorry to break your hearts guys.

But they're both litterally black now!!! :roll:
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073412)
Posted by proximus on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:48pm CDT

What I wonder about, is why did they ditch the Chevy Trax over the Spark?
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073415)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:52pm CDT
proximus wrote:Well, I think I like the idea of them having the same alt mode but different transformation logic and bot forms. I wish he had done this for the previous film. The paint looks sharp too even.

What I wonder about, is why did they ditch the Chevy Trax over the Spark?

Did you notice how NO ONE in ROTF ever wanted the Trax? Skidz and Mudflap both wanted the Spark (Beat) and at the end, Simmons chose to drive Skidz, when Mudflap was closer to him, and Leo followed.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073420)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:02pm CDT
Hmm, the alt modes look a lot sharper. Maybe he will use the new alt modes to alter their robot heads some. I highly doubt he will kill them off though. I have a four year old cousin who loves the twins. I imagine most of the youth feels the same way. They'll be back.
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073422)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:04pm CDT
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073425)
Posted by ShadowCourier66 on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:07pm CDT
The Twins werent THAT bad. mabey this time they wont look like retards and get semi decent toys... :shock:
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073426)
Posted by Joshua Vallse on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:08pm CDT
2 things....

Either they're cannon fodder (YAYYY!!!!)

Or,

I remember the twins originally were suppose to combine, much like the Arcee triplets concept, but were scrapped because of time constraints and the lack of resources. With these new images, they might be re-visiting this concept in a dire attempt for some public acceptance. This might be successful being they are restricted to background extras with minimal to no speaking lines (Like Jolt, who irronically should have had speaking lines..or any lines!)

Personally, I hope Bay kills em. Mind you, they're deaths could be useful. Set a serious mood or tone to the movie being all of our characters look to be more mature...you know, all the things we were promised ROTF was going to be.
-Josh
Re: Rumor: New Images of Transformers 3 Skids and Mudflap? (1073435)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:17pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Got to love their sense of humor. "The Twins are terrible black stereotypes!" Paints them black. :P

Hah, never thought of it like that actually. You know, that might even be my move were I in his position. :P

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering