Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed

Transformers News: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed

Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 6:31PM CST

Category: Movie News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 23,003

We've started to hear some rumors popping up as to the plot of Age of Extinction. We are unable to verify these past the original pages they appear on, so take them for what they are. Also, be forewarned in reading on, these may be plot spoilers!

According to Portuguese site Omelete, Michael Bay sat down for an interview with their reporters, and provided some plot points and showed a little footage from Transformers: Age of Extinction. To follow is an overview, according to Omelete.

Stanley Tucci plays an unscrupulous, millionaire designer, who has been building transformers from alien technology. He compares his work to an art form and the original bots to scrap, but when set in the middle of the action, he screams and runs.

Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg) enters the movie, carrying what appears to be a piece of a transformer. He’s a widower living with his teenage daughter (Nicola Peltz). The daughter is secretly dating a race car driver, Jack Reynor. There is an accident, and Yeager is suddenly under scrutiny from both the government and also from “alien bounty hunters,” something Bay did not explain any further. When asked about the ties between mercenary bots and Decepticons, Bay also declined to go into further detail.

Then there is a glimpse of a different sort of action for the movie, antigravity. The bounty hunters come to Cade’s farm with the intention to abduct his daughter via a gravitational attraction, and lock her up. There’s also a scene that was reportedly shown to the Omelete reporters, in which an ocean liner levitates out of the water and through an intersection, in front of cars.

There’s also a strong indication that Bumblebee’s new “owner” may be Cade Yeager, as there is scene in which Yeager refers to the bot as ‘Bee and tries to calm him down. While we are fairly sure of the presence of the Dinobots in the film, there was no mention of them in this interview.

Apart from the above info from the Omelete, KPopStarz has some fascinating speculation that we will not only see the Dinobots in the commercial spot during the Super Bowl, but also that we may see a glimpse of Unicron, who is rumored to be appearing in the movie as well. There is talk of leaked audio in which a weak-voiced Optimus Prime bids fairwell to Cade Yeager and the autobots, so this may hint that he is seriously damaged, if not killed, in the film.

Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura, in an interview with Beijing News, revealed not only the total redesign of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee as we knoq, but also some news of the Dinobots:

I cannot disclose the specifics, but you can be sure that the joining of the Dinobots will give the audience new excitement. In addition to Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, the appearance of these classic roles changed, today the world's coolest, most exciting cars will appear in the film, including China's vehicles, whether you are a car enthusiast, you will feast your eyes and be shocked by them.

With as little confirmed info as there is out there right now, surely some of these speculations will turn out true and some may not.

Because these are not confirmed plot points, they can be taken with more than a little suspicion, but at least maybe we are starting to see some bits and pieces of what Age of Extinction may shape up to be.
Credit(s): omelete.uol.com,kpopstarz.com
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545912)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on January 28th, 2014 @ 6:43pm CST
I posted this about an hour ago. :grin: But good to have all sources of info.
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545914)
Posted by dreadwing95 on January 28th, 2014 @ 6:46pm CST
some intriguing stuff. the bounty hunter thing would explain lockdown. i just hope they dont mess up unicron if this is true and hopefully galvitron will make an appearance as well
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545918)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 28th, 2014 @ 6:50pm CST
Some of this stuff does match the existing info that we know, so at least that much of it is true.
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545919)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 28th, 2014 @ 6:51pm CST
5150 Cruiser wrote:I posted this about an hour ago. :grin: But good to have all sources of info.

You got a news credit on it. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545933)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 28th, 2014 @ 7:23pm CST
Sounds too hype for existence. :michaelbay:
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545937)
Posted by ZackRoyer on January 28th, 2014 @ 7:33pm CST
The plot sounds messy and more messy after each "leak".
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545943)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on January 28th, 2014 @ 7:42pm CST

But I am hoping that this Unicron is done like Prime's Unicron where Unicron is infact the Earth itself. But I assume this Unicron will be CGI & more than likely something Huge & Evil Looking.

I just hope this will not be a FF Repeat where they messed up Galaticus making him a Nano Death Cloud. While I know that things from Comics, Series are translated diffrently to Live Action I just hope Unicron isnt done in a comical goofy way.

OP Dying I am ok with this, in movie 5 they can bring in Rodimus, Ultramagnus or Hot Shot maybe even Sky Fire to replace OP. Then they would battle Unicron teaming up with the Decepticons.

Still what about Megatron/Galvatron nothing is known what about NEST. This info is cool such as Lockdown but where is the juicy info we need.
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545944)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 28th, 2014 @ 7:43pm CST
my god this sounds awesome
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545951)
Posted by njb902 on January 28th, 2014 @ 8:01pm CST
I'm not against killing Optimus, but really twice in the same 6 movie franchise?
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545957)
Posted by autobot1979 on January 28th, 2014 @ 8:12pm CST
It makes sense Unicron in this film , so then they can bring back Megatron as Galvatron, and keeping the continuity. I heard that the rust Truck is Ultra Magnus and I was thinking , maybe the rust truck turns into the Freightliner Argosy and those cars aren`t stuntcons , they are autobots?? Who knows? :-?
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545959)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 28th, 2014 @ 8:31pm CST
autobot1979 wrote:It makes sense Unicron in this film ,
Where do folks keep getting Unicron from?

autobot1979 wrote:I heard that the rust Truck is Ultra Magnus
Not the rust truck, the teeny tiny silver and black Freightliner.
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545960)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on January 28th, 2014 @ 8:33pm CST
(I'll just move my two cents' worth over to this thread, then. >:oP )

If it's actually true, then it sounds quite promising--at least there doesn't seem to be any overt craziness going on here. Stanley Tucci seems to be the designated crazy-ass comic relief, which is fine by me, as long as it's not a government official or secret agent man. Arrogant TF designer works for me.

Waiting to see how the TF part of the plot turns out.
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545963)
Posted by Shockwave7 on January 28th, 2014 @ 8:42pm CST
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545968)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:05pm CST
Shockwave7 wrote:So Bay - will we be as 'shocked' at these new designs as YOU would be at the sight of a broken teleprompter?

oh snap!
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545986)
Posted by Burn on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:45pm CST
Rodimus2006 wrote:But I am hoping that this Unicron is done like Prime's Unicron where Unicron is infact the Earth itself.

I'd hope not. Was never a fan of that.

This info is cool such as Lockdown but where is the juicy info we need.

Come back when the movie is released. :wink:

Says the clearly better public speaker hiding behind his computer to take a pot shot at a Hollywood Director that will never read his comment. Image
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1545995)
Posted by EagleTron on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:10pm CST
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546000)
Posted by njb902 on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:17pm CST
EagleTron wrote:Great info. Optimus said his fairwell in tfp now he may say his fairwell in AOE. I'm not saying that's a good thing but sometimes change can be for the better-hint- next up-Rodimus. This whole AOE sounds like a bunch if new Transformers :grin:

Honestly if Optimus is killed again I hope Rodimus isn't the new leader.
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546003)
Posted by EagleTron on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:25pm CST
njb902 wrote:

Honestly if Optimus is killed again I hope Rodimus isn't the new leader.

Yeah to think about it, me neither. I would have said let the new leader be Ultra Magnus which is one of my Favorite transformers characters but his dull personality would probably make things boring after a movie or two. But Rodimus might make things a liitle more interesting over time as we all watch a young new leader go throw growing pains/ leadership mistakes.
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546004)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:27pm CST
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546007)
Posted by njb902 on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:35pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:The dialogue that we heard before of Optimus saying his farewells sounded to me like it was a departing goodbye rather than a dying goodbye. As though he was permanently leaving Earth for the forseeable future, maybe to go back to Cybertron to start rebuilding it or something.

I kina got the impression from DOTM that Cybertron is no more, or do you mean rebuilding it from scratch?
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546012)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:42pm CST
njb902 wrote:

To be fair, the planet's fate in that movie was pretty vague. At the very worst, it could have been annihilated, but at the very best, it could just have a been warped away with a big crater punched into it. All it takes is one answer from this movie to tell us if it's gone or not. ;)

Or, if it is gone, he could be leaving to go find a new planet for the TFs to call home, as their relationship with Earth had undoubtedly become pretty poor after what happened to Chicago. :-B
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546021)
Posted by njb902 on January 28th, 2014 @ 11:21pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:

You're right about Cybertron's fate it could be anything, that was just my take.
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546059)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on January 29th, 2014 @ 1:53am CST
Another idea I have brainstorming is maybe AOE doesnt even have decepticons in it. Based on what we know these are Bounty Hunters such as Lockdown.

But what if in reality these are Agents of Unicron. Being his Minions. Sort of like his Horseman of the Apocalypse type of deal. Bieng his elite guard to check out the events going on Earth.

Then Lockdown & the others Report back to Unicron. Being Cyclonus & the others. They Re-Activate Megatron but Unicron upgrades him through some unknown means or Device Megatron becomes Galvatron.

Sort of like in the 1986 movie no longer being Decepticons they are now Unicrons Cyclonus, Lockdown, Galvatron, also Drift. & the ones using the Gravitation device. Then again this is my theory.

Also I dont really think the Dinobots will actually be on anysides or taking anysides it could be like in Animated where the Dinobots didnt have a side & they lived on Dinobot Island. So to me the Dinobots are a Wild Card in AOE. I also see fights between the Autobots & the Dinobots then they will come together cause of Unicron.

I also see other reasons why OP must flee Earth or is forced to leave Could be Blackmail, could be Threats from Harold Attinger character, saying if you dont leave Earth then your Family will suffer the consequences similar towards G1 where the Decepticons Blackmailed them & forced them to flee but was ultimately a Trick by Megatron.

I like what I am seeing but my thoughts on Unicron is he will be handled like Thantos in The Avengers being seen in End Credits.
or like in The Wolvering showing Professor X & Magneto leading up to Days of Future Past.

I can see how this is going to work I just hope Bay & company makes a nice transition from Old to New though I do enjoy Mark Walburgs Films.
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546124)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 29th, 2014 @ 7:56am CST
And if Unicron was our Moon all this time? And Sentinel actually crashed into him in the last movie. :lol:
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546165)
Posted by shockblast2 on January 29th, 2014 @ 10:58am CST
LOL...there is plot this time?

What a revelation!
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546166)
Posted by njb902 on January 29th, 2014 @ 11:15am CST
shockblast2 wrote:LOL...there is plot this time?

What a revelation!

Almost like your post.
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546189)
Posted by shockblast2 on January 29th, 2014 @ 12:54pm CST
njb902 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:LOL...there is plot this time?

What a revelation!

Almost like your post.

That was so funny I forgot to laugh! Either that or the comeback made no sense..... :-?

Heres a joke for ya!

Here's Bay on the first day of the set. The script is taped to a Camaro in the background.

:michaelbay:

Get it?
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546212)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on January 29th, 2014 @ 1:57pm CST
Killing optimus Prime AGAIN in the movies would be a huge mistake. it would then explain the presence of ultra magnus...

and Unicron?

hello?? maybe he gave us hints based upon the 86 movie?

Prime dies? he did in 86
Unicron? was there in 86
bounty Hunter? the sweeps of 86
the dinobots? they were there in 86 too

as long as they dont bring fucking Rodimus Prime in!
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546225)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on January 29th, 2014 @ 3:05pm CST
ScoutBumblebee wrote:

You got a news credit on it. :APPLAUSE:

Thank you. :D I appreciate that.

Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546293)
Posted by primematrix1986 on January 29th, 2014 @ 6:28pm CST
Rodimus2006 wrote:While Unicron may be in AOE it dosent mean he will be used or seen much, & could also be just a cameo type of glimpse. I am thinking of like Thantos in the Avengers Ending credits type of deal with Unicron showing headed towards Earth.

There is an issue with Skyfire......Skyfire is Jetfire......yeah, he kind of died in ROTF dude......plus, although I liked Prime, I don't think I would want to see that in a Live Action Movie. It would just seem a little too silly I guess......either way, I do hope that if Unicron is in this, they slowly build up to him and then BOOM!! :michaelbay:
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546309)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 29th, 2014 @ 7:43pm CST
5150 Cruiser wrote:As far as the plot goes, i'm curious to where everyone is getting that unicron is going to be in AOE? :-?
Probably from Rodimus2006's rambling. >:oP
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546337)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 29th, 2014 @ 9:43pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Probably from Rodimus2006's rambling. >:oP

And that it was mentioned as a rumored possibility in the latter part of the article above.

Personally, I hope it is nothing more than a wild rumor based off of someones drunken or drug induced psychotic ramblings. I'd rather sit through 24 hours of RotF played back to back than put up with such an f'd up, asinine plot point as bringing Unicron into the movie franchise. Gouging my eyes out with a spork would be preferable. Honestly, there aren't enough expletives available to convey just how strongly I hate the idea, not that I'm a fan of them making a 4th installment of the movies to begin with.
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1546343)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on January 29th, 2014 @ 10:41pm CST
I wasnt rambling Saber, I was just going by what other sites have been hollering about Unicron. I dont know if Unicron is even in AOE I was just offering a hypothetical theory on what I hope for Unicron if he is indeed in AOE.

But Saber if Unicron is indeed in AOE it would be handled like that of Thantos in The Avengers post end credits or sort of like Professor X & Magneto in The Wolvering leading up to the new X Men movie.

I was just offering suggestions, I dont know anything on AOE. The vagest of plot & some on the Transformers but other than that nothing.

I am just talking about these Articles not rambling.
Re: Rumor: Plot Speculations for Transformers: Age of Extinction Revealed (1547718)
Posted by Clunker on February 3rd, 2014 @ 5:12pm CST
With the Dinobots in it and others like Ultra Magnus, I hope Kup turns up sometime, if not in this movie in the future ones.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok