Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Rumor: Release Date For Transformers: War For Cybertron

Transformers News: Rumor: Release Date For Transformers: War For Cybertron

Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 1:58PM CST

Categories: Auctions, Game News, Rumors
Posted by: Down_Shift   Views: 69,476

Well it was bound to pop up somewhere.

Amazon.com has a link to Transformers: War For Cybertron that gives no real information on the game we don't already know except for one little nugget. A release date.

According to the auction the release date for this bad boy will be June 22nd 2010.

At this moment, this is nothing more then a rumor until the big guns at Activision give us a solid release date. Now, if you've ever waited patiently for a game then you know that most of the time, the original release date doesn't mean a thing. So don't hold your breath.

Check out the original auction here

You want to know more about this game? Then you keep your eyes locked on Seibertron.com!
Credit(s): BeastWars 4ever
Re: Rumor: Release Date For Transformers: War For Cybertron (1028579)
Posted by UltraPrimal on December 16th, 2009 @ 2:22pm CST
NO! I hope it comes out before that so we can play it at TFCon.
Re: Rumor: Release Date For Transformers: War For Cybertron (1028582)
Posted by HECTOR on December 16th, 2009 @ 2:29pm CST
It's true that release dates are almost guaranteed to change. Even though July seems pretty far away, Activision may take as much time as they need to play test and polish their game. It's worth the wait.
Re: Rumor: Release Date For Transformers: War For Cybertron (1028592)
Posted by Shadowman on December 16th, 2009 @ 2:55pm CST
Down_Shift wrote:Now, if you've ever waited patiently for a game then you know that most of the time, the original release date doesn't mean jack!

Re: Rumor: Release Date For Transformers: War For Cybertron (1028600)
Posted by HECTOR on December 16th, 2009 @ 3:17pm CST
haha I weep for Duke Nukem too man.

Yes some release dates, like Left 4 Dead 2, do happen. Hopefully War for Cybertron is one.
Re: Rumor: Release Date For Transformers: War For Cybertron (1028619)
Posted by GetterDragun on December 16th, 2009 @ 4:16pm CST

But at least we got Chinese Democracy.
Re: Rumor: Release Date For Transformers: War For Cybertron (1028632)
Posted by Editor on December 16th, 2009 @ 5:28pm CST
GetterDragun wrote:LOL. Duke Nukem Forever was to supposed to come out when I was in my teens. I'm in my 30's now. They better bring it out before the generation that wants it can't see the screen without glasses!

But at least we got Chinese Democracy.

At this rate I expect to start the game and here Duke say:

"I'm here to kick ass and crew bubblegum. But i've got a bum hip,and gum sticks to my dentures."
Re: Rumor: Release Date For Transformers: War For Cybertron (1028678)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 16th, 2009 @ 8:30pm CST
first off we all know its gonna get pushed back like every other game coming out next year and secondly, THATS TO DAMN FAR AWAY! I want it now goddamnit.
Re: Rumor: Release Date For Transformers: War For Cybertron (1028700)
Posted by Down_Shift on December 16th, 2009 @ 10:36pm CST
UltraPrimal wrote:NO! I hope it comes out before that so we can play it at TFCon.

you mean "I hope it comes out before that so D_S can hand me my ass at TFCon". Don't worry man, me too... me too. :lol:

Shadowman wrote:Not always. Valve announced Left 4 Dead 2 would be released November 17th. And despite Valve's notoriety for missing release dates, by God I was playing Left 4 Dead 2 on November 17th just like they promised. Unlike Duke Nukem Forever, which I am still convinced is going to come out I can't hear you LALALALALA!

Re: Rumor: Release Date For Transformers: War For Cybertron (1028710)
Posted by Shadowman on December 17th, 2009 @ 12:14am CST
Down_Shift wrote:Ok, well I will admit, I had a different game waiting experience in mind. Kingdom Hearts 2. How long did that SOB get kicked around like it was a slum dog.

KH2 was in development for what, two, three years? Team Fortress 2 was in development for 11 years. Half-Life 2 was in development for five years. StarCraft II was announced in 2007, and the only real release date we have is "When it's done," and "probably 2010." Which is pretty much the same for Half-Life 2: Episode Three. Daikatana was in development for four year...but we don't talk about that....

And Duke Nukem Forever...alas, poor Duke, we hardly knew ye, even after a whopping 12 years. And you know what's even worse? They're still making it.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con