Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL.

Transformers News: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL.

Saturday, January 30th, 2010 10:54PM CST

Categories: Movie News, People News, Rumors
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 31,340

Previously reported here on Seibertron.com, Transformers film director Michael Bay had updated his site, Shoot for the Edit, with possible locations for filming Tranformers 3.

According to a report by TFW2005.com, an anonymous news submitter has spotted a sign at Chicago Studio City stating that the office of Michael Bay can be found at that location.

Given Michael Bay's extensive history with filming in Chicago, IL.; Bad Boys (1995) and more recently, A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010), it is plausible to believe that this could mean that Mr. Bay has chosen the Windy City as a filming hot spot, but until we get further confirmation on this, treat it as a rumor.

Keep your optics locked, right here at Seibertron.com, your Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): TFW2005, Anonymous
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL. (1042222)
Posted by nemesis-prime on January 30th, 2010 @ 11:02pm CST
if i cant get off work ROAD TRIP baby on 5 hour drive from st louis
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL. (1042225)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on January 30th, 2010 @ 11:10pm CST
30 minutes from my door to downtown Chicago- AWESOME! *buys bigger memory card for camera*

If this comes to pass, we should set up some meets to watch the action.
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL. (1042229)
Posted by Cryo Prime on January 30th, 2010 @ 11:17pm CST
man it's only a 5 hour drive south for me plus i got family in Chicago. Did i hear family reunion lol
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL. (1042232)
Posted by Irken17 on January 30th, 2010 @ 11:24pm CST
YES! i live 10 minutes from downtown i can even see the towers when I get out of my neighborhood block :grin:
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL. (1042236)
Posted by Liftgate on January 30th, 2010 @ 11:40pm CST
I'm there too. And you never know if they'll need extras! "Hey look everybody, that's the back of my head over in the corner of the screen!"
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL. (1042239)
Posted by zodconvoy on January 30th, 2010 @ 11:55pm CST
Dude, Ryan's got to tryout to be an extra! Life imitating art/art imitating life and all that!
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL. (1042274)
Posted by Seibertron on January 31st, 2010 @ 2:33am CST
Now this is exciting news indeed.

Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL. (1042275)
Posted by Night Raid on January 31st, 2010 @ 2:38am CST
Dammit, if this had been just five friggin' years ago...
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL. (1042377)
Posted by ConBotFormer on January 31st, 2010 @ 11:19am CST
I'm there BABY!! If they need extras, I'm there!! Uhm...I should talk to my agent to see if they need the extras. :grin: :grin: :grin:
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL. (1042386)
Posted by First-Aid on January 31st, 2010 @ 12:07pm CST
If this does indeed come to pass, I am SO there. Judging by the bunch of us, a crowd of extras would be perfect! ANd I also agree we need to set somewhere up to meet and watch the show. Everyone needs to keep an eye out for the extras casting then and we'll all go down together...a giant mob of Transfans on the rampage!
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL. (1042427)
Posted by lakersfan16 on January 31st, 2010 @ 3:07pm CST
isn't there a scout 2-pack that is named windy city chase?
hmmm
Chicago is Windy City....
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL. (1042464)
Posted by Liftgate on January 31st, 2010 @ 5:48pm CST
Yeah, meeting up with some people would be good. Honestly don't know how the extras thing works, maybe you don't even get paid, but who cares. I would assume they just grab some people out of the crowd from time to time, like if they need people far in the background or whatever, but I dunno. Hopefully we'll find out BEFORE they start shooting there and not after.
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL. (1042548)
Posted by nemesis-prime on February 1st, 2010 @ 12:20am CST
I dont see how Bay could say no to a group of TF fans being xtras. Gain some fanboy love MIKEY!!! :wink:
Re: Rumor: Transformers 3 To film in Chicago IL. (1053594)
Posted by Lastjustice on March 11th, 2010 @ 12:30am CST
Im' guessing they'll show up to film during the Air and watch show. With Silverbolt being mentioned as a new character, they'll probably need some jets and not need pay get them here. The Armed forces will gladly let their planes get filmed for free while they re in town.