Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good?

Transformers News: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good?

Friday, March 26th, 2010 12:33AM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 93,787

We've had a lot of rumors this month, and another one has come out of the pipes. While rumors tend to bring happiness along with them, this one has the opposite effect. We regretfully inform everyone that Hasbro might have just shut down the Transformers Animated toy line for good. As reported by TFormers, one of their members got a response from Hasbro in regards to Transformers Animated inquiries. This was the response.

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. regarding the Transformers Animated Blackout and Thundercracker. We appreciate your interest in our company and products.

Regrettably, both products have recently been discontinued. We are, therefore, unable to assist you in identifying retail markets which may still have this product in inventory nor do we have any available for direct sale.

Although they are no longer in our current product line, you may still be able to find them in retail stores. Some of the retail stores that carry Hasbro products include Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Kmart, and Target.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We hope you and your family will enjoy Hasbro products for many years to come.

Now what exactly does this mean for us? Animated has been discontinued since the spring of 2009. The remaining figures we were anticipating were meant to be store exclusives, much like Toys 'R' Us with Arcee and Cybertron Mode Ratchet. Does this also mean that the presumed store exclusives have been discontinued?

The remaining Hasbro Animated figures are listed below.

Thundercracker
Blackout
Rodimus Minor
Ironhide
Vortex Blurr
Fugitive Waspinator
Wingblade Optimus Prime
Toxic Oil Slick
Mudbuster Bulkhead
Hydrodive Bumblebee
Golfire Grimlock

Whether there is truth to this rumor or simply a misunderstanding, we'll be the first ones to update everyone on the official confirmation. What's your opinion on the situation? Feel free to sound off your opinion in the Energon Pub!

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): TFormers

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058230)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 26th, 2010 @ 12:42am CDT
DavidT wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
DavidT wrote:They probably decided to save those Animated figures for next years Botcon :P

That's....not even remotely funny. There will be a fan outrage of tremendous proportions if they pull that.

It was bad enough with the Seekers, but if they pull a repeat with the missing Animated figures, fans will flip their shit and go mad.

[color=#0000FF]LOL... Don't worry, I don't doubt that next years Botcon will be Animated figures, but I don't think they would use new molds for the 1st time that way... Botcon sets are normally repaints of already used molds.

Though if the figures get released in Japan... then it would be possible for Botcon to improve the paint scheme on them... so in theory, they could get used twice and it would still leave most of us high and dry...[/color]

Oh, I'll buy the damned Japanese versions (though I'm not at all a big fan of the chromed paint...I hate it with a passion, honestly...) but I won't be happy about having to pay that much just to get what I was promised in the beginning.

Blurrz wrote:And all I wanted was a Rodimus toy..

:( We all do, man. We all do.
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058233)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 26th, 2010 @ 1:02am CDT
The Oil Slick, Bulkhead, and Grimlock repaints...are actually the only ones on the list I wasn't counting on getting. Well Hasbro, I wasn't going to steal from you by buying a bunch of Animated Starscream KOs to dye into his unproduced clones, but if you insist on not even releasing the rest of Animated through the Generations line...

Oh, and I'll also need some extra Cybertron mode Ratchets to kitbash into Ironhide; guess I'll have to start hiding all the cases that the Toys'R'Us where I work receives and making it even harder for fans to find that Arcee...

Just remember Hasbro: you can easily stop me and hundreds of potential a-holes from doing the same by letting every figure on the list trickle out, and have no real reason not to since the line won't have as much ROTF stuff to compete for its shelf space this year...
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058235)
Posted by First-Aid on March 26th, 2010 @ 1:13am CDT
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058248)
Posted by Barrelass on March 26th, 2010 @ 1:53am CDT
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058249)
Posted by NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE on March 26th, 2010 @ 1:57am CDT

Before you get the torchs let me explain...the US Transformers line goes through this every so often...they expand lines then get the idea that they need to condense to present a more unified line.

-Movie(when we have movie product out)
-Animated
-Classics Universe

You know Movie is not gonna be cancelled. And the Classics line or whatever their calling it this week always seems popular.

So what was left to condense. Animated.

The two product lines I wish Hasbro would cancel are Legends...I'm sorry their smaller crappier versions of larger figures and to be honest their peg warmers, unless they want to do more smaller characters like the did with Wheelie and such the line should just disappear.

That and the roleplay and the little Hot Wheels style cars...again maybe its me but this stuff sits on shelves forever until it hits clearence...I just don't see the sense of continuing lines that are essentially made to clear.
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058253)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 26th, 2010 @ 2:07am CDT
First-Aid wrote:Before everyone commits suicide (...isn't it weird? I seem to remember everyone HATING this line when it came out...) over the death of Transformers Animated, just remember that the individual lines will no longer be in existance. They are all being merged into the catch all Transformers line. Could we see these figs released in the same way as Deluxe Thrust and others? WHo knows...but let's wait and see what happens first before decrying the end of the Animated line.

Here's the problem with that theory: We saw Rodimus on card, in Animated packaging. Not once did we see or hear a mention of Animated being in the Generations line.

And ROTF isn't dying, really. It's now becoming Hunt For The Decepticons. HFTD and Generations are two totally different lines.

I do think we could see the death of Animated on these shores.

NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE wrote:I'm gonna say this and its not a slam on the Animated line, but I'm not suprised.

-Movie(when we have movie product out)
-Animated
-Classics Universe

So what was left to condense. Animated.

None of your points were inflammatory. You're right. Animated was the one line they were able to leave by the wayside and really not look back. So, it lost out and was axed.

I must disagree, however, on the Legends Class comment. I see them sell out rather frequently, with new product being refreshed often. I personally don't find much to like about them (I own 4, perhaps 5) but they're at least a modest success.

Now, I will agree with you on RPMs. Man, those suckers ain't going anywhere. I've seen some of the original case shipments still sitting on pegs. There's dust on some of them!

Fortunately, Takara is carrying Animated, so I think we'll get to see the figures we were promised, just not as we were promised. I'm wondering if Hasbro planned this...

Here's why:

The show's off the air, the sales were down, the kids need more to be interested in than just toys and 'toons, and with Takara releasing their own figures now, all Hasbro had to do was swat us with Arcee and Ratchet, keep us calm cool and collected and then they'll say "Here ya go, have at it!"

So, they won't lose any money on the figures being produced (because Takara will most likely release them on their own), and we still get our figures. In the end, it's a win/win for everyone.

Kind of a shitty way to do it, but at least we'll have gotten what we were promised.

It also doesn't help that the cartoons air on a network that some people have no access to. You can't get it over the air, it's not on some basic cable systems (most, but not all), and a lot of people don't even have cable (period), so what's a kid supposed to do? How are they supposed to know about the show?

And now that it's moving to The Hub? Geez. Another cable tier and more money. Oh gee, sign me up!
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058258)
Posted by alldarker on March 26th, 2010 @ 3:19am CDT
Barrelass wrote:I would wait for a more direct answer. From reading through it, it sounds more like a general generic answer regarding the Animated line as a whole, stating that you may check retail outlets for them, etc. Although they do mention Blackout, and Thundercracker, why would they tell you to check retail outlets for two figures that we all know havent been released. It seems kind of weak, but we may have to wait till Botcon again (or atleast this round of the Hasbro Q&As) to get a specific answer. Either that, or a bunch of us nerds can flood Hasbro with emails until they feel presured into answering (or start ignoring us). I am not really convinced that this email means much of anything.

Exactly this.
This is exactly the style of a very generic answer, provided by a service desk employee who probably actually hasn't got a clue about a real answer to the question. Asides from Transformers I also collect Lego, and I know that if you mail Lego's customer service about future releases, this is practically the same generic and nonsensical answer you'd expect to get. Hasbro is a LOT bigger than just TF's, and I suspect their general help desk answering these questions has probably been outsourced to India or someplace.
In short: this e-mail proves NOTHING, in my opinion.
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058267)
Posted by Rated X on March 26th, 2010 @ 4:25am CDT
Damn all I wanted is Thundercracker. Everytime I get close to having a complete set of the 3 original seekers, something screws it up !!!
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058268)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 26th, 2010 @ 4:28am CDT
You know, considering they said 'check for them in stores', I think they didn't bother looking into the specific figures and were commenting on the line as a whole. How could they honestly know what they're talking about while Arcee and Ratchet are still currently in stores? I don't think we have to worry about this.
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058273)
Posted by Prime Riblet on March 26th, 2010 @ 6:19am CDT
I have to admit that I am not the biggest fan of the Animated line, but I hope everyone here who wants these figures has the chance to do so. It is a good line, and anyone who likes the cartoon must get them-they are so accurate it is amazing. So, hopefully this doesn't turn out to be truly the case.
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058274)
Posted by heltskelt on March 26th, 2010 @ 6:41am CDT
alldarker wrote:

Exactly this.
In short: this e-mail proves NOTHING, in my opinion.

I concur.
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058275)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on March 26th, 2010 @ 6:49am CDT
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058278)
Posted by mitchsantona on March 26th, 2010 @ 7:06am CDT
I seriously doubt anyone got that definitive of an answer from them. I have been hounding them for years on this and just get general brush-off answers.
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058280)
Posted by Neurie on March 26th, 2010 @ 7:22am CDT
Atleast you got the Rachets and Arcee's, arroding to this artical:

The uk is not getting those or any of the NEST voyagers(no bludgeon, mind wipe etc)[url
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058281)
Posted by ang3l3s on March 26th, 2010 @ 7:24am CDT
I hope it's not the end, you can't believe everything you hear or read.
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058288)
Posted by RiddlerJ on March 26th, 2010 @ 7:51am CDT
I think the new mold figures would most likely appear as store exclusives in a couple years. Isn't that what always happens when they cancel a new mold.
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058290)
Posted by Rodimus_Major86 on March 26th, 2010 @ 7:59am CDT
They can't cancel it, they've made too much hype about some of these new toys, hell they even unveiled them at conventions. If they did cancel it I would have to come after them. And you don't wanna see that (a lot of inncent toilet paper rolls would be meaninlessly killed)
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058293)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 26th, 2010 @ 8:05am CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Until Botcon, I won't believe this even a little. That's obviously just some response from a level one customer service rep.

Exactly what it sounded like to me. That and Rodimus at the very least is tooled. They wouldn't let that go without trying to get a return on that in some form or other.
:BOT:
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058299)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on March 26th, 2010 @ 8:38am CDT
Hasbro screwing the fans over.

Quelle shock. :roll:
Re: Rumor: Transformers Animated Toyline - Gone For Good? (1058301)
Posted by omega666 on March 26th, 2010 @ 8:44am CDT
Good riddance. :APPLAUSE:

Ending Soon On eBay

KRE-O 30667 Transformers STARSCREAM Decepticon Fighter Jet Robot w/ 2 Figures - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 41 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars : Autojetter D-19 action figure  Takara 1995 - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 56 minutes 18 seconds
Takara Transformers AoE Deluxe Movie Advanced EX Black Knight Slug In USA Now!!! - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 42 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers/Go-Bots- Lot Of 4 "IronHide/Soundwave/Sideswipe/Mirage" 1994 (MOC) - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 21 minutes 54 seconds
Takara TransFormers Kiss Players AutoRooper Atari Miester RX-8 police MIB 1:24 - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 59 minutes 39 seconds
TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE ULTRA CLASS COUNTDOWN TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 44 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon ARCEE deluxe only at Target with comic - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 48 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon SIDESWIPE deluxe scan series only at toys R us - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 33 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016