RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade

Transformers News: RUMOR:  TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade

Saturday, January 12th, 2008 9:21AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Collectables
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 54,812

Cybertron.CA member Pascal found some interesting new information.

It appears that we will be getting more Cybertron toy line repaints as movie toy line figures. The next molds to get the repaint treatment are the Wingsaber mold as Wingblade, and the Jetfire mold as Jetstorm.

You can check out the in package images below!

You can join in the conversation in bran10's already established thread here.

Check out all the latest TOY NEWS here

FYI: Marked as rumor because there has been no 'official' announcement yet.
Credit(s): bran10, Scaleface, Pascal@Cybertron.CA
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601807)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 12th, 2008 @ 9:37am CST
Cool. Are they supposed to the planes that fired on Scorponok? I'd like to see picks of their robot modes, but I imagine it's just the same colors but with that AllSpark blue.
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601825)
Posted by OptitronPrime on January 12th, 2008 @ 9:58am CST
sweet.
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601828)
Posted by DISCHARGE on January 12th, 2008 @ 10:03am CST
BADASS!!!
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601829)
Posted by Dropkick14 on January 12th, 2008 @ 10:04am CST
:shock: Getting them I have a toys r' us about 3 blocks from where i live. :grin:
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601851)
Posted by Scaleface on January 12th, 2008 @ 10:24am CST
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601869)
Posted by Brakethrough on January 12th, 2008 @ 10:49am CST
This is a tough call for me...I really don't like the Cybertron Jetfire mould, but the drab colour is pretty slick for a Decepticon. Wingblade, now, I love the figure, but I already have one, so I dunno.
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601875)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 12th, 2008 @ 11:16am CST
I already have both the figures, and I normaly do not like repaints, but I'm liking these alot, and may just put them on the list.
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601882)
Posted by greenbee on January 12th, 2008 @ 11:29am CST
the jetfire ones head art on the box looks like soundwave!
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601892)
Posted by Crosscheck on January 12th, 2008 @ 11:42am CST
Looks like I will finally have to get a Wing Saber for my Cybertron Optimus. I never found him initially, so this is a good thing. Looks like TRU is going to get a little bit of my money.
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601893)
Posted by First-Aid on January 12th, 2008 @ 11:42am CST
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601903)
Posted by ZoneDaiatlas on January 12th, 2008 @ 11:53am CST
Scaleface wrote:These guys are a big dull on color, but I did the math and I think they are the biggest Autobot and Decepticon in the movie yet. If Wingblade is an A-10 jet he would stand 50 feet 9 inches in robot mode. If Jetstorm is an An-225 cargo jet, he would stand 204 feet tall in robot mode! He could pick up Blackout like a little kid.

Actually Scaleface it's the Lockheed AC-130H Spectre and Lockheed AC-130U Spooky not the An-225 cargo (That's Russian) plane. The Spectre and Spooky is the bastard child of the C-130 Hercules, Fairchild AC-119 and the AC-47 Gunship (Old Vietnam Gunship)...
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601908)
Posted by Crosscheck on January 12th, 2008 @ 11:57am CST
First-Aid wrote:DO you suppose Wingblade will still have the combiner feature? That could look awesome on Cybertron Prime... :-?
I certainly hope so, otherwise I will be quite pissed off when I get it. Considering they have not remolded any of the S7 stuff, I wouldn't count on them removing it.
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601916)
Posted by Flux Convoy on January 12th, 2008 @ 12:11pm CST
I'd really need to see bot mode pics to form an opinion on these guys. I already own Wingblade's mold and he's nice but I never picked up Jetstorm's.
:BOT:
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601920)
Posted by Scaleface on January 12th, 2008 @ 12:39pm CST
ZoneDaiatlas wrote:

I looked at pictures of the Lockheed AC-130s and I just don't see the resemblence. Wings are not swept back, the tail only has one fin. He's definitely not Jetfire (unless I'm not looking at the right jet of course, throw me a picture if you can find a good example).

The AC-225 has Jetfire's wing shape. It's not perfect, but it's the closest I've seen. See the attached picture.

Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601923)
Posted by Scatterlung on January 12th, 2008 @ 12:43pm CST
Hm, Wingblade seems to be of the Warning Label faction :P
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601939)
Posted by Nekoman on January 12th, 2008 @ 1:03pm CST
Well aren’t I lucky, these were two molds I missed from the Cybertron line, I like the paint schemes too!
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601946)
Posted by Wheelimus Prime on January 12th, 2008 @ 1:20pm CST
yesss i missed out on jetfire
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601962)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 12th, 2008 @ 1:46pm CST
If this is true ill be picking up wingblade. When ever i was looking for him during cybertron i coldnt find him.
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (601972)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on January 12th, 2008 @ 1:55pm CST
I think the realistic colors look great!

Can't wait to see what the robot modes look like. And Jetstorm's head looks like Soundwave so that's pretty slick.
Re: RUMOR: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade (602051)
Posted by Vectorshot on January 12th, 2008 @ 4:20pm CST
I truly hope that this truth. I did not get a chance to pick up the original of Wing Blades mold during Cybertrons run, and that paint job is nice. I will keep both eyes open for this one.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering