Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus?

Transformers News: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus?

Thursday, April 29th, 2010 5:04AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Rumors
Posted by: Mach   Views: 62,106

Recently we have reported that Takara Tomy has a "small plan" for this year to commemorate Transformers G1:2010.

When we reported the news on Masterpiece MP-4S Convoy Sleep Version, at the same time Takara Tomy has also created a new webpage for Transformers 2010.
In this dedicated webpage, we can see that Takara Tomy still has 3 more products in the bag.

Ray from Robotkingdom, our valued sponsor, has sent us an update that there will be a repaint version of Unicron, with a new remold head.

Robotkingdom has also opened the pre-order page for this Japan Universe Version Unicron, although no images are available at the moment.

Transformers collector and also Energon Pub member s250 has updated his tweeter blog with the following speculation:

"Another Unicron repaint release in September?
Is it part of TakaraTomy 2010 project?
So 1st Sleep Convoy, 2nd OP&Rodimus, 3rd Unicron, 4th MP Rodimus????"

We still do not have any official confirmation on this, so treat this a pinch of salt.
Head over to our thread to discuss and give your opinion on this rumor.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!
Credit(s): Robotkingdom, s250
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069045)
Posted by Blackstreak on April 29th, 2010 @ 5:12am CDT
Heh, I always wanted a unicorn repaint the size of a planet.
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069049)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 29th, 2010 @ 5:38am CDT
Blackstreak wrote:Heh, I always wanted a unicorn repaint the size of a planet.

You're probably by yourself on that one. ;) Unicron though, with a remolded head sounds interesting. I only own the black Energon version so far and wouldn't mind a normal deco'd one. Also, MP Rodimus would be pretty sweet IMO.
:BOT:
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069051)
Posted by VYPER ALPHA on April 29th, 2010 @ 5:48am CDT
mmm... Unicorn. Is that a Unicron with one horn?
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069054)
Posted by ang3l3s on April 29th, 2010 @ 6:04am CDT
Rodimus mp....I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069062)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 29th, 2010 @ 6:23am CDT
Y'know. I never actually bought a Unicron...I guess I should eventually pick one up. If the new head mold is nice, I might get this guy.

MP Rodimus as well!! I'm liking these 2010 products from japan so far. :D
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069063)
Posted by First-Aid on April 29th, 2010 @ 6:31am CDT
OKTOBER wrote:mmm... Unicorn. Is that a Unicron with one horn?

Good question. Typos FTW..:-P
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069064)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on April 29th, 2010 @ 6:33am CDT
come to think of it i would a MP unicron alot more than a rodimus

since the armada version isnt completely accurate to the movie
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069066)
Posted by DTR69 on April 29th, 2010 @ 6:44am CDT
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069068)
Posted by moneycon on April 29th, 2010 @ 6:54am CDT
DTR69 wrote:What would be kool, is an MP Hot rod that has addons to actualy make him an MP Rodimus, rather than 2 seperate figures. Kinda like what fansproject has done with the classics figure.

That would be awesome...but then they would have to make 3 different colors to make more money....wait a minute, they'll probably do that anyway...either way that would be awesome.
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069070)
Posted by Samsonator on April 29th, 2010 @ 6:58am CDT
I'm all for a Masterpiece Rodimus Convoy. For all the Hot Rod and Hot Rod-esque figures we get, there's a fairly limited amount of Rodimus Primes. As for a remolded Unicron figure... I've got Armada Unicron so I'm not too terribly worried, but if it's true and it's awesome, I'm probably sold.
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069076)
Posted by Zeds on April 29th, 2010 @ 7:35am CDT

THEY SHOULD USE THE BEAST WARS NEO MOULD. See attached pic.
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069077)
Posted by Blackstreak on April 29th, 2010 @ 7:39am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
Blackstreak wrote:Heh, I always wanted a unicorn repaint the size of a planet.

:BOT:

I got 2 repaints already. 8-} :P

Zeds wrote:They should just redesign Unicron altogether. That mould does not do him justtice. I will say something that has been said many times before:

THEY SHOULD USE THE BEAST WARS NEO MOULD. See attached pic.

Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069078)
Posted by Blackstreak on April 29th, 2010 @ 7:42am CDT
Delete this. I'm goofing on my edits.
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069079)
Posted by OmegaPrime98 on April 29th, 2010 @ 7:55am CDT
MP HOT ROD FTW!!!! >:D W00TW00T!!!! MP HOT ROD!!!!!! EPIC WIN!!!!! :shock: :shock: =P~ =P~ if i get mp hot rod this will be me :KREMZEEK:
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069081)
Posted by Zeds on April 29th, 2010 @ 8:06am CDT
Blackstreak wrote:I remember that. I don't think it was ever put into production. I do have the original Armada Unicron and will probably be the only one I ever buy.

I know. They really should put it into production though. It is the only one that does him justice. Either that or harvest from the Primus mould and retool him. I do not think the present Armada Unicron mould is good enough.
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069083)
Posted by --B-- on April 29th, 2010 @ 8:43am CDT
I guess it all depends on the re-mold, but damn, with all the FP stuff and all this stuff, my first Botcon (if I can get registered SOMETIME SOON) along with Generations, 2010 is going to be a record TF spending year for me!
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069085)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 29th, 2010 @ 8:51am CDT

THEY SHOULD USE THE BEAST WARS NEO MOULD. See attached pic.

Why?

It's horrible, tiny, and has a giant shell on it's back.

The Armada Unicron is large, posable, detailed, and integrates most if not all of Unicron's central themes. His only real flaw is that one side of the planet sphere is flattened to allow him to sit on a table.
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069088)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 29th, 2010 @ 9:09am CDT
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069093)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on April 29th, 2010 @ 9:28am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:As much as I've realized I want a Unicron, that's somewhat out of my price range. I'm on board for an MP Rodimus though! :D

I'm thinking a new Unicron will be less than an MP Rodimus Figure. Armada/Universe Unicron was only $50. My guess is an MP Rodimus is going to be $129 - $150
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069100)
Posted by mechabooks on April 29th, 2010 @ 10:43am CDT
A MP Rodimus or Hot Rod would be AWESOME. Here's my credit card! Sign me up! :KREMZEEK:

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro 2004 Transformers Universe Ultra Class RAMJET - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 41 minutes 8 seconds
Vintage 1985 Transformers G1 **RUMBLE** Cassette Tape 100% Complete Metal Feet - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 29 minutes 43 seconds
Vintage Complete GRIMLOCK Transformers G1 Pretender - Time Remaining: 6 days 47 minutes 35 seconds
2002 Transformers Voyager Class Armada red Alert+Longarm Mini-con+comic MISB new - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 4 minutes 59 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2007 1st Movie TARGET Exclusive HARD TOP / SIGNAL FLARE Lot NEW! - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 8 minutes 46 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2004 Universe RID Armada Deluxe Maroon TREADSHOT Complete Mint RARE - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 30 minutes 54 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 07 Movie Fast Action Battlers FAB Disc Blast DECEPTICON FRENZY Rare - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 45 minutes 55 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generations Deluxe Decepticon THRUST DIRGE THUNDERCRACKER Lot NEW! - Time Remaining: 6 days 10 hours 30 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory