Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus?

Transformers News: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus?

Thursday, April 29th, 2010 5:04AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Rumors
Posted by: Mach   Views: 61,727

Recently we have reported that Takara Tomy has a "small plan" for this year to commemorate Transformers G1:2010.

When we reported the news on Masterpiece MP-4S Convoy Sleep Version, at the same time Takara Tomy has also created a new webpage for Transformers 2010.
In this dedicated webpage, we can see that Takara Tomy still has 3 more products in the bag.

Ray from Robotkingdom, our valued sponsor, has sent us an update that there will be a repaint version of Unicron, with a new remold head.

Robotkingdom has also opened the pre-order page for this Japan Universe Version Unicron, although no images are available at the moment.

Transformers collector and also Energon Pub member s250 has updated his tweeter blog with the following speculation:

"Another Unicron repaint release in September?
Is it part of TakaraTomy 2010 project?
So 1st Sleep Convoy, 2nd OP&Rodimus, 3rd Unicron, 4th MP Rodimus????"

We still do not have any official confirmation on this, so treat this a pinch of salt.
Head over to our thread to discuss and give your opinion on this rumor.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!
Credit(s): Robotkingdom, s250

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069045)
Posted by Blackstreak on April 29th, 2010 @ 5:12am CDT
Heh, I always wanted a unicorn repaint the size of a planet.
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069049)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 29th, 2010 @ 5:38am CDT
Blackstreak wrote:Heh, I always wanted a unicorn repaint the size of a planet.

You're probably by yourself on that one. ;) Unicron though, with a remolded head sounds interesting. I only own the black Energon version so far and wouldn't mind a normal deco'd one. Also, MP Rodimus would be pretty sweet IMO.
:BOT:
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069051)
Posted by VYPER ALPHA on April 29th, 2010 @ 5:48am CDT
mmm... Unicorn. Is that a Unicron with one horn?
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069054)
Posted by ang3l3s on April 29th, 2010 @ 6:04am CDT
Rodimus mp....I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069062)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 29th, 2010 @ 6:23am CDT
Y'know. I never actually bought a Unicron...I guess I should eventually pick one up. If the new head mold is nice, I might get this guy.

MP Rodimus as well!! I'm liking these 2010 products from japan so far. :D
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069063)
Posted by First-Aid on April 29th, 2010 @ 6:31am CDT
OKTOBER wrote:mmm... Unicorn. Is that a Unicron with one horn?

Good question. Typos FTW..:-P
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069064)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on April 29th, 2010 @ 6:33am CDT
come to think of it i would a MP unicron alot more than a rodimus

since the armada version isnt completely accurate to the movie
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069066)
Posted by DTR69 on April 29th, 2010 @ 6:44am CDT
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069068)
Posted by moneycon on April 29th, 2010 @ 6:54am CDT
DTR69 wrote:What would be kool, is an MP Hot rod that has addons to actualy make him an MP Rodimus, rather than 2 seperate figures. Kinda like what fansproject has done with the classics figure.

That would be awesome...but then they would have to make 3 different colors to make more money....wait a minute, they'll probably do that anyway...either way that would be awesome.
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069070)
Posted by Samsonator on April 29th, 2010 @ 6:58am CDT
I'm all for a Masterpiece Rodimus Convoy. For all the Hot Rod and Hot Rod-esque figures we get, there's a fairly limited amount of Rodimus Primes. As for a remolded Unicron figure... I've got Armada Unicron so I'm not too terribly worried, but if it's true and it's awesome, I'm probably sold.
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069076)
Posted by Zeds on April 29th, 2010 @ 7:35am CDT

THEY SHOULD USE THE BEAST WARS NEO MOULD. See attached pic.
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069077)
Posted by Blackstreak on April 29th, 2010 @ 7:39am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
Blackstreak wrote:Heh, I always wanted a unicorn repaint the size of a planet.

:BOT:

I got 2 repaints already. 8-} :P

Zeds wrote:They should just redesign Unicron altogether. That mould does not do him justtice. I will say something that has been said many times before:

THEY SHOULD USE THE BEAST WARS NEO MOULD. See attached pic.

Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069078)
Posted by Blackstreak on April 29th, 2010 @ 7:42am CDT
Delete this. I'm goofing on my edits.
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069079)
Posted by OmegaPrime98 on April 29th, 2010 @ 7:55am CDT
MP HOT ROD FTW!!!! >:D W00TW00T!!!! MP HOT ROD!!!!!! EPIC WIN!!!!! :shock: :shock: =P~ =P~ if i get mp hot rod this will be me :KREMZEEK:
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069081)
Posted by Zeds on April 29th, 2010 @ 8:06am CDT
Blackstreak wrote:I remember that. I don't think it was ever put into production. I do have the original Armada Unicron and will probably be the only one I ever buy.

I know. They really should put it into production though. It is the only one that does him justice. Either that or harvest from the Primus mould and retool him. I do not think the present Armada Unicron mould is good enough.
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069083)
Posted by --B-- on April 29th, 2010 @ 8:43am CDT
I guess it all depends on the re-mold, but damn, with all the FP stuff and all this stuff, my first Botcon (if I can get registered SOMETIME SOON) along with Generations, 2010 is going to be a record TF spending year for me!
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069085)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 29th, 2010 @ 8:51am CDT

THEY SHOULD USE THE BEAST WARS NEO MOULD. See attached pic.

Why?

It's horrible, tiny, and has a giant shell on it's back.

The Armada Unicron is large, posable, detailed, and integrates most if not all of Unicron's central themes. His only real flaw is that one side of the planet sphere is flattened to allow him to sit on a table.
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069088)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 29th, 2010 @ 9:09am CDT
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069093)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on April 29th, 2010 @ 9:28am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:As much as I've realized I want a Unicron, that's somewhat out of my price range. I'm on board for an MP Rodimus though! :D

I'm thinking a new Unicron will be less than an MP Rodimus Figure. Armada/Universe Unicron was only $50. My guess is an MP Rodimus is going to be $129 - $150
Re: Rumor: Unicron Repaint & MP Rodimus? (1069100)
Posted by mechabooks on April 29th, 2010 @ 10:43am CDT
A MP Rodimus or Hot Rod would be AWESOME. Here's my credit card! Sign me up! :KREMZEEK:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set Brand New Toys - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 58 minutes 23 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV14 Ultra Magnus from Japan New - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 29 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers G1 - Mirage - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 9 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Human Alliance Sideswipe ROTF - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 29 minutes 24 seconds
TAKARA TOMY Q-Transformers QTC01 Hello Kitty SANRIO JAPAN KAWAII - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 44 minutes 12 seconds
MISB in USA - Transformers Takara Legends LG-01 Rattrap Rattle Beast Wars - Time Remaining: 5 days 57 minutes 41 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 SEASON 2 DVD/BOX 5-AUTOBOT/ROBOT TRACKS,INTERCEPTOR,BLASTER,JAZZ - Time Remaining: 5 days 13 minutes 33 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers 4 Age of Extinction AD02 EVASION MODE Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 47 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents