Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction

Transformers News: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction

Thursday, March 20th, 2014 11:16PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 23,004

Firearm manufacturer Salient Arms International has a photo on their Facebook page from Transformers: Age of Extinction, which features their Salient Arms International 1911. The description of the weapon boasts that it is 100% hand built and fit. Salient says that each part is ordered and fabricated precisely, so that weapon is completely solid.

The High Capacity 1911 is featured as a 9mm, and in two different lengths (Government and Commander. It has a 21+1 round capacity, and is available in .40, .45, and .38 super. They are open for orders now.

While they don't have a webpage, you can check out Salient Arms International's Facebook page, email them at sales@salientarmsinternational, or even call them at 805-983-1200, if you're interested in purchasing from them.

Credit(s): Pete 'Paladin Six' Sinclair
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559085)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 21st, 2014 @ 3:35am CDT

I'm gobsmacked beyond rationalizing this one.
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559088)
Posted by Deadput on March 21st, 2014 @ 4:20am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:Are you guys seriously helping to advertise guns on a website about a children's product?

I'm gobsmacked beyond rationalizing this one.

It's news regardless its a new screenshot of the movie we never saw before.

I guess seibertron forgot about that though.

plus you say this about a movie that has robots torn too pieces (say hi to Grindor/not Blackout)
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559097)
Posted by frogbat on March 21st, 2014 @ 5:47am CDT

I'm gobsmacked beyond rationalizing this one.

Agreed, the way the post is written sounds like an advert for their product.
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559112)
Posted by mattj972 on March 21st, 2014 @ 8:14am CDT
It's a news story about the upcoming Transformers movie and like one had previously mentioned it does show a screencap from movie. I don't see anything inappropriate about the post but understand it is a hot topic. Either way I think you should give seibertron.com the benefit of the doubt.
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559124)
Posted by ZackRoyer on March 21st, 2014 @ 9:17am CDT
Is this gun the simplified version for children's use? Or will be released in generations line? 8-}
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559143)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 21st, 2014 @ 10:39am CDT
You know I don't care that it's a gun, I just find it dumb this is a news story to an extent, it'd be like:

"Hey Here's a photo From the IKEA website that's cropped picture of Marky Mark sitting on a couch. We can't contain the excitement for Age of Extinction"
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559145)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on March 21st, 2014 @ 10:51am CDT
Just to give you guys an idea, we write about things relating to the upcoming movie. This manufacturer was proud that their product was featured in AofE, and that's cool for them. We shared it because it's an interesting fact that it isn't just a prop weapon. The movie picture wasn't the feature of the article because, while we haven't seen it before, is it really that exciting as a stand-alone shot from the movie? My point was certainly not to create a gun advert. However, that was the information afforded to me by the gun manufacturer's FB page, and that's the info I had to go off of.

Now, please. The Transformers franchise is about giant Transforming robots shooting each other. Let's not turn this thread into pro or anti gun. It will get locked if that happens.
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559154)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 21st, 2014 @ 11:47am CDT
No one wants this to spiral into an actual gun debate; the rhetoric for every side of that argument has already been spelled out on thousands of other webpages, so no point in repeating here.

It's just that even Transfans interested in buying from this company would surely find this article more relevant if it included contact info for ordering a North American release of Masterpiece Megatron, and the fact that that will never, ever happen makes this news ironic no matter what your views are on actual firearm laws or Hasbro's company policy.

Just pointing out the realistic-toy-elephant in the room (well, strictly Takara's room), because someone had to. That's all that irks me about this; since my toy collecting eats up all the funds I'd need to collect firearms, whether or not any TF fansite has an email and phone# through which to order guns is irrelevant to me personally.
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559158)
Posted by jasonwilty on March 21st, 2014 @ 12:00pm CDT
ScoutBumblebee wrote:

Obviously the second amendment is more important to you than the first...
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559167)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 21st, 2014 @ 12:27pm CDT
jasonwilty wrote:
ScoutBumblebee wrote:

Obviously the second amendment is more important to you than the first...

*ahem*
[quote]the rhetoric for every side of that argument has already been spelled out on thousands of other webpages, so no point in repeating here. [/quote]

Though, to Seib or any mods reading this, my google-ad thing at the bottom of this thread keeps bringing up stuff about "qualifying for concealed carry" and "firearm accuracy mistakes", and I don't know if there's any way to turn that off (I've got Firefox). If everyone else is getting that too, it's going to keep provoking readers, so no matter how civil anyone wants to be, this thread's going downhill fast. While I agree this technically meets news criteria, I'm starting to doubt there was ever a good way to present it as such.
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559173)
Posted by craggy on March 21st, 2014 @ 12:40pm CDT

how about some news articles on the clothes Mark Wahlberg is wearing in the trailer? are none of the buildings we've seen in any of the films for sale? maybe advertise them?

is this product being marketed as a Transformers 4 tie-in? because otherwise I don't see why it'd be newsworthy on a Transformers toys fansite focussing only on Hasbro's Transformers brand.
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559179)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 21st, 2014 @ 12:49pm CDT
craggy wrote:okay, being nice and avoiding the pro/anti- gun issue. because really... Murica. >:oP

Well as far as I know from looking at the website, they're an upstart trying to use the TF4 market synergy to increase their market sales, and i'm not particularly sure if there's any "this (insert here) is officially licensed by the transformers brand" kinda thing.
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559191)
Posted by hinomars19 on March 21st, 2014 @ 1:41pm CDT

Seriously....this is kinda pushing it for Transformers news. I'm a Transformers fan, it's all I need from this site. I've seen this argument go around on a few news choices...but this one really seems to be pushing it on what a TF fan site needs to peddle.

And I'm not talking about guns, kids and laws. I'm talking about sheer relevance and the dangers of this site loosing it's focus. A good chunk of our users already have to use a shady hidden corner of the forums to view certain TF related toys and releases, but hey, turn on seibertron.com and learn about some small companies gun. Cool.

I apologise for being a dick, but it's a point that's bugged me just a bit. The 'no front page rule' on certain products makes sense, I've always respected it. But this site is for TF related stuff, not anything with official endorsement stamps. I don't need to know about one more gun being handled by actors in a film. They all look the same (the guns and the actors) This can't possibly have relevance, can it?

Again, sorry. I couldn't think of any politer way to put this. But it does bother me. I'm not out for an argument, and neither do I intend to bash the news crew. But yeah...
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559192)
Posted by El Duque on March 21st, 2014 @ 1:43pm CDT

You guys are missing the point. It's news because this is a brand new still from Transformers: Age of Extinction, it just happens to come from a fire arms manufacturer. We took the image from their Facebook page, when you take content from someone it's good form to give them a shout out. We're not interested in the guns at all (unless one of them transformers), but if they can provide info about the movie we will certainly take it. If this image had came from any other source, like say an MTV Geek! article, none of you would have batted an eye even though the content of the image would be the same. Someone in an action is having a gun pointed at them, but because the image came from the gun's manufacturer it becomes an issue? That's nonsense. Having your products featured in what is sure to be a blockbuster is a big deal, Salient Arms should be excited.

If the company behind Wahlberg's wardrobe or a realtor with a building seen in the trailer started posting production stills or releasing info we would absolutely report it.
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559194)
Posted by El Duque on March 21st, 2014 @ 1:55pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:I could understand this operating the other way around, Salient advertising on their page 'Hey, we get featured in new movie Age of Extinction' Sure that makes sense, because salient 'customers'(?) have a right to know about the whereabouts and achievements of the products...but does any TF fan give 2 hoots about or even know this company?

I already addressed this in my previous response, but to reiterate. The news is the image, not the guns, but since the image came from their Facebook page were somewhat obligated to mention them and what they do. It's no different than when Chevy releases images and video of their featured vehicles from the movie. Do we pass because the content came from Chevy and all they really want is to promote their vehicles, or do we go ahead and post it because it movie news? We both know the answer, we post it. Not to mention an automobile is with most dangerous piece of equipment most people will ever own >:oP
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559196)
Posted by Seibertron on March 21st, 2014 @ 1:58pm CDT
For those of you with the desire to turn this into a silly debate, you're making a very poor argument. Guns are part of Transformers and have been since day #1.

If I had my way, no U.S. citizen would have private ownership of guns. But we live in America and people have the right to bear arms and many of you feel very strongly against my opinion. Those people are also entitled to their views and under current laws they are entitled to the ownership of guns if they so desire. The only reason I bring this point up is because I have some very liberal views about gun ownership which seem to coincide with the views that some of you are sharing in this topic. However, common sense about guns, Transformers, and the Transformers marketing machine at hand seem to show that some of you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

If a gun company has their guns in the upcoming movie, they're just part of the same marketing machine that Mountain Dew, X-Box, General Motors, Western Star and so many others have been. We are not here to play politics with news stories about the world of Transformers here on Seibertron.com.

Again, for those of you wanting to argue that this is a website about a children's toy brand, I leave you with this image that says all that needs to be said about guns and Transformers.

Comparing G1 Megatron to his Real-Life Counterpart

Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559197)
Posted by hinomars19 on March 21st, 2014 @ 1:59pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

Ummm...the screenshot is NOT the point of the article. You have written specs about the gun, and the thread isn't titled 'new still from Age of Extinction' The screen cap is part and course of the article...not the point of it.
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559201)
Posted by Seibertron on March 21st, 2014 @ 2:16pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:
El Duque wrote:

The point of the article is that a gun company is promoting their products in the upcoming Transformers 4 Age of Extinction. As El Duque mentioned, we would do the same for General Motors or any other tie-in company. There's nothing wrong with this. If you have an issue with it, you're upset with the wrong people. Your attention should be focused on Hasbro, Paramount, and/or Michael Bay for allowing this to happen. Don't shoot the messenger!
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559202)
Posted by El Duque on March 21st, 2014 @ 2:20pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:
El Duque wrote:

The specs correspond with the gun in..............................the screenshot. Which are really just a mirror of the info from the image's caption on their Facebook page. If Salient had just posted a text message that their firearms would appear in Transformers: Age of Extinction without the benefit of the image this would not have appeared as news. Again, this really just goes back to giving the source of the image their due credit. However, if you disagree with the way the news was presented you are entitled to your opinion.
Re: Salient Arms International Showcases Their Firearms in Age of Extinction (1559211)
Posted by hinomars19 on March 21st, 2014 @ 2:38pm CDT
El Duque wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:
El Duque wrote:

I'm not looking for an 'opinion entitlement' discussion. I'd like to think the opinions of the people who love and use this site everyday can't be bounced off so easily, to be fair.

I respect you have your ways, and I respect those ways are somewhat tied to pleasing a lot of people when it comes to sponsors, ads and the use of outside source material. But it seems odd to me that people questioning the relevance of this thread are being cut short quite so easily. It's flimsy at best, I don't think that's hard to see. I'd rather the news crew's response be along the lines of 'sorry guys, but this needs to be done. We get it seems pointless to most of you, but it's done because it needs to be.'
Again, my opinion. And I'm not looking to stir trouble. If anything quite the opposite.

And I sincerely hope I don't see an ad for any of Mark Walhberg's clothes or furniture here any time soon. God help us if he uses the can during the film :D There, I'll end on some humour out of good faith.
(And also I'd like to say the recent interview with Sarah stone is currently nursing tumbleweeds whilst this thread literally bursts at the seams...so kudos to salient, mission accomplished.)

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016