Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More

Transformers News: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More

Monday, July 25th, 2011 9:01AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 56,934

Toy-World of Hong Kong has posted the full scanned images of the latest issue of Japanese toy magazine - Figure King no. 162.
In this issue, Figure King has conducted various interviews with Takara Tomy toy designers to commemorate the launch of the latest Transformers Live Action movie in Japan - "Transformers Dark Side Moon".

Other than various Japanese version of movie figures, other toys such as Masterpiece MP-9B, Masterpiece MP10, Encore Devastator are also featured.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Toy-World HK

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1265944)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:14am CDT
Did ya hear the sound of my jaw dropping?!
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1265947)
Posted by joesaysso on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:21am CDT
Man, the more I see of MP-10 the less I like it. If they were going to slow down the MP line by revamping an already done character, the least they could have done was fix the mess that Megatron turned into.

Whats the matter? Did they repaint the first MP Prime too many times and the mold finally broke? Alt mode is fantastic but I don't need to pay 200+ bones for a truck to sit on my shelf. Also, the autobot logo on the trailer is too far back and the miniture laser rifle looks ridiculous. Easy pass.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1265949)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:23am CDT
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1265950)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:26am CDT
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1265960)
Posted by monarch420 on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:39am CDT
What is that crazy sky lynx toy by the two bb's and topspin, am I dreaming?
Why do I not know what this figure is/from?
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1265965)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:44am CDT
monarch420 wrote:What is that crazy sky lynx toy by the two bb's and topspin, am I dreaming?
Why do I not know what this figure is/from?

It's one of the many molds of Car Robots Devil Gigatron, or RiD Galvatron in the states. It took me a minute to recognize it, too.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1265970)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:56am CDT
There's also a page later on in the magazine showing Revoltech Prime:

And what looks like a page on the shuttle shown in the film, and that old Japanese G1 Autobot shuttle... not sure if this has any significance, since I can't read it.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1265971)
Posted by Cyberion on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:59am CDT
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1265991)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 25th, 2011 @ 10:57am CDT
Cyber_Tek wrote:Whatever that Prime is on Page 29 top right corner caught my eye. A deluxe Soundwave would be nice too.

That's the Cyberverse Playset Prime. He's a little tiny Prime with a little tiny trailer full of deadly weapons.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1265993)
Posted by Cyberion on July 25th, 2011 @ 11:06am CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

Darn. Well never mind then. No micro-bots for me. :BOT:
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1265997)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 25th, 2011 @ 11:10am CDT
Cyber_Tek wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

Darn. Well never mind then. No micro-bots for me. :BOT:

Give it a chance! The Cyberverse stuff is very well engineered, cheap, and a ton of fun.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1265999)
Posted by Cyberion on July 25th, 2011 @ 11:15am CDT
I'm sure it is. It looks good, but I really need more Decepticons in my collection at this point, plus I think I have too many versions of Prime right now as it is. Have to stop collecting Primes and get more Decepticons.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1266004)
Posted by guarayakha on July 25th, 2011 @ 11:21am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:Which version of Starscream is that on the last page? That port side missile bay isn't even on the Movie Masterpiece, is it?

That's the TOMIX GI:MIX Starscream color F-22A Raptor. Basically, it's a non-transformable jet.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1266006)
Posted by Cyberion on July 25th, 2011 @ 11:23am CDT
Is it die cast?
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1266026)
Posted by Autobot Genocide on July 25th, 2011 @ 12:00pm CDT
What the hell is that GOOSE! :-?
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1266038)
Posted by TimmyDax on July 25th, 2011 @ 12:23pm CDT
Autobot Genocide wrote:What the hell is that GOOSE! :-?

Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Why do I not know what this figure is/from?

Seems "Goose Mode", if that's what you're referring to, is an 11th mode for Devil Giagtron/Galatron, but where it originates is anyone's guess (unless they read Japanese).

Talking of which, can anyone translate this? Interviews look epic.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1266042)
Posted by monarch420 on July 25th, 2011 @ 12:33pm CDT
Honestly they should make a dotm sky lynx, it would be fun.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1266044)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 25th, 2011 @ 12:39pm CDT
monarch420 wrote:Thanks Razorclaw0000 it is totally RID Galvatron and not a new toy like I thought.
Honestly they should make a dotm sky lynx, it would be fun.

I'd love an Autobot repaint of Cyberverse Hatchet in Sky Lynx colors!
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1266073)
Posted by Blurrz on July 25th, 2011 @ 1:25pm CDT
Skywarp =3
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1266378)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on July 25th, 2011 @ 8:08pm CDT
That 11th mode for RiD Galvatron is called "Devil Ostrich" if anyone's interested.

I want the iphone cover with the chibi Megatron...
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1266506)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 26th, 2011 @ 1:27am CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Cyber_Tek wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

Darn. Well never mind then. No micro-bots for me. :BOT:

I agree, the only DOTM stuff I have is Cyberverse. Cyberverse Commander I should say. I really like them and they lots of fun. Nothing else in the DOTM line interests me but those little guys caught my eye.

I'm in two minds about MP10. On one it is far too expensive and doesn't look as nice as MP01 in bot mode. On the other it has an excellent alt mode, the articulation is better and the size helps it fit in with the other MP's. I'll wait and see if it shelf warms like MP03. It will hopefully come down in price. MP09 has made me wary of buying Masterpiece toys right away too.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1266525)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 26th, 2011 @ 3:42am CDT
guarayakha wrote:

Cheers, dude. Thought it looked too good to be true.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1266546)
Posted by Cyberion on July 26th, 2011 @ 7:04am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Cyber_Tek wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

Darn. Well never mind then. No micro-bots for me. :BOT:

What was wrong with MP09?
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1267134)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 27th, 2011 @ 1:53am CDT
Cyberion wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Cyber_Tek wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

Darn. Well never mind then. No micro-bots for me. :BOT:

What was wrong with MP09?

Paint rubbing, paint flaking, not sitting flat in vehicle mode, can't hold the guns unless the fingers are in the correct position, arms can't support the weight of the combined gun and the visor is floppy as hell.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1267164)
Posted by Cyberion on July 27th, 2011 @ 7:04am CDT
And the MP09 is currently selling for $209.95 on TFSource.com with these flaws:

[url]

Think I'd steer clear of that... :BOT:
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1268186)
Posted by El Duque on July 29th, 2011 @ 10:34am CDT
Here's another scan from the pages of Figure King 162 courtesy of Toy-World. We get a few new images of the upcoming Revoltech movie universe Optimus Prime along with a short comic revealing the "The Creation Revoltech". The scan has been mirrored below.

Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1268229)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 29th, 2011 @ 11:55am CDT
OPTIMUS: ALRIGHT MEGATRON! NOW I'M PISSED! *Points all guns*
MEGATRON: ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1268242)
Posted by Cyberion on July 29th, 2011 @ 12:27pm CDT
Holy smokes!!! This one is going to make it difficult to stop collecting Primes...
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1268387)
Posted by Blurrz on July 29th, 2011 @ 4:40pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Looks like there's going to be an exclusive Trans-scanning Sideswipe with blue parts instead of the black on Toys'R'Us.

Actually, the Hasbro's version is blue in those areas as well, so it's going to be the same.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1268428)
Posted by prowl123 on July 29th, 2011 @ 5:47pm CDT
I might have to get this.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1268436)
Posted by Methusalen on July 29th, 2011 @ 6:10pm CDT
Cyberion wrote:And the MP09 is currently selling for $209.95 on TFSource.com with these flaws:
[url]

Think I'd steer clear of that... :BOT:

Looks like it's out of stock to me... Though the second version of the figure is still available for pre-order...

As for the topic:
I'm digging the Cyberverse Megatrons I have (the regular one, the black/purple Target repaint that came with BB, & the Megatron w/ trailer)... I really like them all, and look forward to finding the matching Prime figure (I've only got the Preview figure of him, I'm looking for the one w/ the blades & the one w/ the trailer)...

I'm very tempted by both the Ultimate Prime & MP10 figures, but will have to see if I have enough money when they become available...
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1268560)
Posted by Cyberion on July 29th, 2011 @ 10:53pm CDT
Takara is definitely going to get more of my money. I like the quality of their figures. :BOT:
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1268715)
Posted by michael alex kawa on July 30th, 2011 @ 9:31am CDT
I never thought they could improve Masterpiece Optimus Prime (Convoy) :BOT: ,but WOW!!! =P~ .Is that Spike .
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1283600)
Posted by mesh on August 30th, 2011 @ 11:27am CDT
how the hell does mp-10 become more expensive than mp rodimus????
mp rodimus is bigger, packaged in a massive box, and more delicate (i'm assuming).

mp-10 is smaller than the first masterpiece prime. who makes up these pricings???? it's getting harder and harder to own a masterpiece figure.

I remember when the first master piece figure was only $100-$120. Now they are almost doubled!

honsetly...WTF!
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1283610)
Posted by Overcracker on August 30th, 2011 @ 11:56am CDT
How is MP Rodimus bigger?

Hopefully MP-10 has better construction than Rodimus first ver, and doesn't have panels falling apart.

Other than that yes he's quite expensive, but Rodimus wasn't all that cheap to begin with either. If i'm not mistaken he was close to 200 bucks himself.

Yes Hasbro cheapened him out by removing the trailer, but still the Original MP with all the trimmings was clearly more expensive.
Re: Scanned Images of Figure King 162 - Takara DOTM Figures, MP9B, MP10 & Many More (1283613)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 30th, 2011 @ 12:02pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:How is MP Rodimus bigger?

Plus, Convoy is slightly longer with the trailer as far as I can imagine and has more stuff, like Roller and Spike Witwicky. Those add to the cost.