SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel

Transformers News: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 10:40PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 144,630

(Pictures to be added shortly)

Seibertron.com secret agent Supreme Convoy was on the scene during Hasbro's Transformers toy panel this afternoon at San Diego Comic Con 2011. Among the many things said at the panel, include new figures for Transformers: Prime, as well as man more tidbits of new information. Check it out below!

Hasbro Transformers Panel

• Hasbro showed off four different toylines for the Transformers, which they called the most expansive year thus far.
  • They showed off the Kre-O toys.
  • Afterwards, they showed off the Rescue Bots, which they wanted to get younger kids interested in Transformers sooner.
  • They showed the last wave of Generation toys are Junk Heap and Skyshadow.
  • Hasbro showed exclusive materials for the convention such as the Nerf Optimus Gun and a Transformers guitar built for SDCC.

The next section of the presentation revolved around Dark of the Moon.
  • The showed Soundwave who has the Mercedes alternate mode along with Wheeljack.
  • Cannon Force Ironhide will be in Wave Two.
  • In the Human Alliance line, there will be a Roadbuster and Soundwave, which will include a Dylan, Sam’s boss in the movie.
  • In the Cyberverse line, there will be Shockwave with his cannon, Ratchet, and an Autobot Ark with Autobot Roller, who was featured in the movie when the Autobots landed on the moon.

2011 exclusives
  • Toys R Us will have exclusive Mission Earth Trans Scans figures and Masterpiece Rodimus.
  • Target will have an exclusive Human Alliance Leadfoot and Twintwist.
  • Walmart will have an exclusive deluxe Optimus Prime, and a Bumblebee & Sideswipe two-pack.
  • Amazon.com will have the movie accurate Unicron.

Hasbro then showed off the new Transformers Prime figures.
  • The line will have Cliffjumper, Vehicon, Terrorcon, and Voyager Optimus Prime, Voyager Bulkhead, and a Deluxe Entertainment pack which will include Optimus Prime and Megatron along with three kids.

The panel then moved onto concept art for 2012. BotCon attendees weren't allowed to take photos. However, Hasbro allowed attendees to take as many pictures as they pleased.
(At this point, I didn’t write anything down but I took pictures as linked)

Transformers: The Ride
  • Mark Woodbury from Universal Parks & Resorts was the surprise guest at the panel and gave more details about the ride.
  • Universal has been great in partnering with the originators of the movies and translating them into rides.
  • Examples: Steven Spielberg with Jurassic Park, which was crucial to the development of robotics in theme parks.
  • Stephen Sommers wth The Mummy
  • James Brooks with The Simpsons
  • James Cameron with Terminator: 3D, which pioneered the immersion of the audience in the experience.
  • Michael Bay was instrumental in the development of the Transformers ride. Transformers will have state of the art simulated video and a 4K projected images. Hasbro and Industrial Light & Magic have also been crucial to the project. Bay created the style and determined the special effects.

• Peter Cullen and Frank Welker will reprise their roles as Optimus Prime and Megatron.
  • The plot is a NEST outpost has been placed in the middle of Universal Studios, which holds the last shard of the Allspark. Security has been breached by Ravage and it’s up to the Autobot Evac and the audience to protect the Allspark. The battle takes

• Evac will also be released as a toy.
  • www.nestneedsyou.com has launched during Comic-Con to promote the ride and track its development.

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Supreme Convoy

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264113)
Posted by Covenant on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:17pm CDT
Hmm. I liked the looks of the Trans Scans figures I've seen, but haven't bought any. Just having a hard time buying molds and characters I already have just because they're done in 'process of scanning'. Heck, I guess I should break down and support the cause. Maybe next time I hit up a TRU.

Excited about Generation Junk Heap and Skyshadow! Dark of the Moon Soundwave and Wheeljack too!!

Something that may end up irking me, though. Human Alliance will apparently be getting the Wreckers movie trio of Roadbuster, Leadfoot and Twintwist?? I've already purchased Roadbuster & Twintwist in deluxe form since I liked the figures and they fit in nice scale to everything else I have. Is Leadfoot not getting a Deluxe now? Did we get screwed? Is there some guy at Hasbro constantly saying, "AHAHAHA, GOTCHA!"?

As for this "Cannon Force Ironhide", I can only HOPE AGAINST DUMB DUMB SHOULD-KNOW-BETTER-BY-NOW HOPE that he's finally given a proper red treatment. I still want to kick someone at Hasbro in the nuts as hard as I can for giving me three movie line's multiple upon multiple waves of toys and the only real option for a red movie Ironhide is a freakin' FAB figure. GRRRRRRR.

As for the Walmart Exclusive deluxe Optimus Prime; Is this figure selling elsewhere?? He's a crap figure imo, and locally he's as much a Shelf/Pegwarmer as Deluxe Ratchet ( :-( ) and that Twin (THAT one, rightfully so. stupid to try and sell him again).

Mostly? HYPED for the new Transformers Prime figures!! :grin:

But what's this semi-awesome news of a possible upcoming Evac toy??
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264114)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:18pm CDT
"Junk Heap" and "Skyshadow"? *facepalm* Just kill me now. :sad:
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264118)
Posted by TulioDude on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:23pm CDT
Did they Dino/Mirage or other Transformers Prime toys?
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264123)
Posted by El Duque on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:27pm CDT
Gallery here:

http://www.seibertron.com/events/galler ... ent_id=189

I'm sure Blurrz will be updating the front page soon, but for now click the link above.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264124)
Posted by sabrigami on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:29pm CDT
I didn't think I could be any more stoked about TFP toys but I was dead wrong. I think all the toys capture their on screen counterparts well. They all look fantastic. If they're anything like deluxe SS, they are probably fun to transform too. This is shaping up to be a really promising toy line.

In general this has been a great day for news. After such a long TF drought, all this tasty info hits the spot for sure. The only problem? I have to be patient and wait for them to hit retail lol.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264129)
Posted by soundwaveftw on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:36pm CDT
I can't wait to get the human alliance Soundwave. He and Laserbeak are going to look sweet together. I'm not sure if I'll get the deluxe version. I also want to get Unicron. Does anybody know when these guys are coming out?
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264132)
Posted by Jaz-Zen on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:37pm CDT
Yes, Cannon Force Ironhide is red (mostly), and is awesome in my opinion. Everyone clamoring for a red movie Ironhide can now calm down. ;-) lol

We've already been told here on Seibertron in a previous news item that deluxe Leadfoot will be released with "Twin Twist," a redeco of Topspin.

No, DOTM Mirage wasn't shown. DOTM Wheeljack was shown, ugly head and all. I like the car and the body, so I'm gonna buy DOTM Wheeljack, but that head is being replaced. Ug.

Transformers the Ride Evac is a cool car and bot, in my opinion, and I am SO getting him. I think he would fit in with the Wreckers, but that's my opinion.

More Prime toys, like Deluxe Knock Out, Wheeljack, and Soundwave, as well as Voyager Skyquake.

Overall, pretty cool.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264149)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:58pm CDT

Deluxe SoundWave disappoints me a little, that MechTech is HUGE meaning he'll probably end up shorter than Battle Blades BB which I want him to be taller than...hopefully there's some sort of height mod you can do. Besides that, his legs looked odd, but I still want to get it.

DOTM Wheeljack/Q looks...weird in my opinion, did he even look like that in the movie?
And no news of Mirage, NOOOO!!!!
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264151)
Posted by El Duque on July 22nd, 2011 @ 12:05am CDT
Courtesy of fellow Seibertron.com Staff Member Supreme Convoy we now have three additional galleries from SDCC 2011!

First up we have images from the Hasbro Transformers Toy Panel, the full gallery can be viewed by clicking here.

Next we have additional retail exclusive images, this gallery can be found here.

Finally we have additional Transformers DOTM images which can by found by clicking here.

Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264154)
Posted by Shockwavelogical on July 22nd, 2011 @ 12:15am CDT
zenosaurus_x wrote:And no news of Mirage, NOOOO!!!!

When someone asked about Dino they replied that there is more movie stuff coming out in
spring of 2012. I do believe Dino will be released along with Leader Shockwave and Leader Megatron!
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264156)
Posted by all_the_primes on July 22nd, 2011 @ 12:16am CDT
zenosaurus_x wrote:I was worried HA SW would only come with Dylan, glad to see he has both. Definitely need it for the in-scale LaserBeak.

And no news of Mirage, NOOOO!!!!
\
Do you have pics of these? Google doesn't have them up yet. :evil:
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264159)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 22nd, 2011 @ 12:20am CDT
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264164)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 22nd, 2011 @ 12:27am CDT
Yeaaaahh Knockout! lookin good buddy.

I think i can really get behind the Prime toyline. Hope they don't skimp on the paint with this line either.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264165)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 22nd, 2011 @ 12:32am CDT
Voyager Starscream, Soundwave, Skyquake and Evac shall be BOUGHT ON SIGHT!

Knockout's a little iffy. Looks a a little chunkier and not as sleek as his CG.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264187)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 22nd, 2011 @ 1:18am CDT
wheeljack looks good, skyquake looks interesting, soundwave looks like crap, for some reason i like darksteel think its the blade,the EVACs might be cool depends on the coloring, the rest either suck or we've seen before.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264194)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on July 22nd, 2011 @ 1:49am CDT
Doubledealer25 wrote:this is just tooooo much awesome to take in!!!!!!! :BOOM: :KREMZEEK: yeah where are the pics of upcoming DOTM toys? i know they showed them where are the pics?!?! :( I DEMAND TO SEE A DOTM SOUNDWAVE DAMN IT!!!!

calm down, you will get your chance.
i think evac, prime wheeljack, and skyquake look VERY promising.
but what was that green plane?
and does darksteel look more like SG goldbug or blur to you guys cuz i say goldbug
SSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..................MMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYY........QQQQUUUEEESSSSTTTTIIIIOOOONNNNSSS!
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264228)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on July 22nd, 2011 @ 3:19am CDT
Any images for Que, Dino or HA soundwave? Cant find em in the gallery.
Also, is Deluxe evac a Univeral studios exclusive? If it is im so going to TF the ride on launch date just to pick up that evac. Apparently the construction space here seems really tiny so im kinda expecting a turdy ride... >:oP
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264239)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 22nd, 2011 @ 3:56am CDT
Well, guess i'm adding Evac and Skyquake to the list. Not really feeling that Wheeljack too much though, not sure why. I dig the vehicle mode, but the weapon storage on most of these prime figures seem atrocious so far.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264251)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on July 22nd, 2011 @ 5:02am CDT
Prime Deluxe Soundwave is an easy pass. I dont like the long slim arm look xD.

Oh and who is that CV vehicle in the 1,2 and I think third picture is o.O? They didnt say?

Knockout maybe I will buy depends on how he transform.

Wheeljack looks awesome with the two swords o.O...

Skyquake looks amazing. Everything about him just seems perfect :D.

BTW who is that blue bot in 48th picture o.O...He looks cool xD.

Legion Evac is meh. BTW is it just me who realized this that Deluxe Evac have the same leg design as Roadbuster.And that everything about him kind of similar to Roadbuster also...I think I'm gonna buy him for my "Wreckerfied Roadbuster" :D.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Hasbro's Transformers Toy Panel (1264263)
Posted by WasPWNator on July 22nd, 2011 @ 5:39am CDT
Is that Skyquake I see...? Oh ho ho yes I believe it is!

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS LUCKY DRAW ANIMATED GOLD OPTIMUS PRIME/CONVOY & MEGATRON LIMITED - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 48 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure Robots - Time Remaining:  5 hours 38 minutes 19 seconds
Takara Transformers masterpiece MP-17 PROWL G1 Nissan Fairlady Z New - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 53 minutes 59 seconds
Takara Transformers Cybertron Galaxy Force GX-02 SOUNDWAVE Complete - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 27 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Armada  Powerlinx Hot Shot With Mini-Con Jolt Hasbro (MOC) HotShot - Time Remaining: 7 days 25 minutes 5 seconds
NIP TRANSFORMERS STAR WARS DARTH VADER TIE ADVANCED FIGHTER MISSLES LIGHTSABER - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 14 seconds
figure TAKARA TOMY Transformers Legends series LG13 Megatron Japan Import :869 - Time Remaining:  7 hours 2 minutes 22 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Cybertron Con 2013 Exclusive Henkei Jetfire Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 48 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents