Transformers News: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron

Saturday, July 14th, 2012 1:14AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 64,365

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400536)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 14th, 2012 @ 1:41am CDT
El Duque wrote:A lot of news has come out of this year's SDCC, and most of it has been good. The Generations GDO figures are going to see a domestic release, the return of the Transformers Prime First Edition figures, Fall of Cybertron Voyager Grimlock just to name a few, but now we have a couple of disappointments to report. Our man on the scene Seibertron has been able to confirm that Hasbro has no current plans to release Voyager Breakdown or Gaia Unicron in the domestic Transformers Prime line. Does that mean they will never happen? Only time will tell, but for now we suggest importing the Takara versions of these characters.

You might as well list the Swerve and Silas redecos/remolds of the Breakdown figure, as well.

Unicron, not surprising. Stings, all things considered, but not surprising.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400539)
Posted by LordBludgeon on July 14th, 2012 @ 1:50am CDT
No domestic version of Unicron???

BOO!!! [-(

Bad move Hasbro!

Makes me wonder how insanely over-priced the Takara version will be going for once it's available for purchase online due to the high demand it most likely will generate from the fandom.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400540)
Posted by all_the_primes on July 14th, 2012 @ 1:50am CDT
Unicron not available, not surprising.

But still reaction equals:

WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEE FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU****************************KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!????????
:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400550)
Posted by Deadput on July 14th, 2012 @ 2:21am CDT
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

they killed Kenny those basserds
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400557)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 14th, 2012 @ 2:39am CDT
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400569)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 14th, 2012 @ 3:32am CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:Why not give the axe to some useless bumblebee repaints and give us unicron instead, im sure he would sell better than 5 reapints will

I think there's something going on.

1.) I think the economic troubles hit them harder than we've been led to believe.
2.) I think they're phoning it in this year and padding the crap out of redecos and remolds to milk the molds for all they're worth.
3.) I think they're waiting for 2014 to let us see what's really hidden up their sleeves.

See, if they cut corners now, stockpile money from easy sells such as what they're offering this year, plus wait for the inevitable sales from the new movie in '14, they could put all of that into a special anniversary line, for the 30th anniversary.

That's a guess, I don't know anything beyond guessing here, and I could end up being proved wrong. Still, that's my theory as to what's going on here.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400592)
Posted by Cyberseven on July 14th, 2012 @ 5:54am CDT
Got my AM-12 Breakdown from UPS yesterday, and I have to say I have no regrets paying $60.00 for him. This is a really nice mould, and the colors are sweet. For whatever reason, every Takara figure I have gotten, is just noticeably higher quality compared to Hasbro.

I admit though that I would have preferred paint over stickers, but I did a nice job on my stickers, and put an acrylic clear coat on them to preserve them so they don't start peeling.

As far as Unicron, I already figured this was one Hasbro was not going to give us, and had mine preordered a month ago.

Just a suggestion too to those who want Nemesis Prime, I am sure this is another one Hasbro will blow off, so you might want to preorder your Takara one now.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400609)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 14th, 2012 @ 6:35am CDT
not good. and not news i was hoping for. the takara versions will be expensive
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400631)
Posted by Rated X on July 14th, 2012 @ 9:05am CDT
Move over TF Prime...

Now maybe finally we can get some classics that are not FOC.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400654)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 14th, 2012 @ 9:57am CDT
Now I know what to look for at next year's BotCon.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400713)
Posted by Heavy B on July 14th, 2012 @ 1:22pm CDT

Ah well. They did eventually release the First Editions, so maybe he'll come out eventually.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400714)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 14th, 2012 @ 1:26pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:ARGH, the takara version SUX. Stickers, instead of paint apps. A god damn mini-con (Some one remind me, did breakdown ever use a mini-con in the series?)

No, but the rest of the cast ever used Powerizer/MechTech weapons either.
And it's a hammer, which is nice, and he did use that in the series. ;)

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400716)
Posted by Heavy B on July 14th, 2012 @ 1:30pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

No, but the rest of the cast ever used Powerizer/MechTech weapons either.
And it's a hammer, which is nice, and he did use that in the series. ;)

Va'al wrote:As for the stickers, they can be an annoyance I guess, but I don't mind them personally..

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400718)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 14th, 2012 @ 1:38pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:Except Megatron you mean (his works surprisingly well). Also, that is why Im waiting to get FE Bulkhead and Prime (although I did get "powerizer" prime because the sword kinda looked like primas star saber).

It is a bit bulky, but yes, at least his makes sense and is vaguely accurate.
I'm glad they are re-releasing the FE figures, might wait and see if they show up in Europe too (even though I already have Bulkhead and OP, I'd like a Vehicon for army building excuses; an FE, a PRiD and a Jet Vehicon will suffice, if I can get them!).

[quote]And in 5-6 years, you can only watch in saddness as they start to peal away. Peal away...[/quote]

I'm not that fussed with replacing them, if they do peel.
I'm sure Reprolabels will have a set ready soon enough, anyway!
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400720)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 14th, 2012 @ 1:47pm CDT

1.) Calm down, it's not the end of the world.
2.) Stickers instead of paint apps do suck, but stickers can be replaced, whereas paint usually cannot. (Unless you're skilled.)
3.) No, the Microns have never made an appearance in the show. (It's also a kick ass little figure and a lot of fun to put together. Try it before you knock it.)
4.) FE has always been on their slate of "We'll try." Aaron Archer basically said Breakdown's a no go, period. (So, I wouldn't hold my breath on him coming out like the FEs will. Besides, his Powerizer gimmick would blow.)
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400740)
Posted by It Is Him on July 14th, 2012 @ 3:23pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400748)
Posted by craggy on July 14th, 2012 @ 3:53pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:Was anyone else expecting another deluxe-class combiner mold like Bruticus (besides Ruination)? I had kinda convinced myself we were going to get Devastator.

I thought they might have brought one out, yeah. Was thinking an Autobot one to fight Bruticus. Maybe later? To be fair, they've clearly not got the hang of making a good combiner yet anyway, so maybe best that they've not tried to do too many yet.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400761)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 14th, 2012 @ 4:30pm CDT
WTF, for every thing Hasbro does right, they do another thing horribly, horribly wrong. Breakdown is too good a figure to not release.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400767)
Posted by Archatron on July 14th, 2012 @ 4:52pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:[quote="Dr. Heavy B"

I think that's it honestly. There's not really a place for a Powerizer gimmick like the others. If they retooled it in the arms it would kill the look/cost too much.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: No Plans for Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown or Unicron (1400769)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 14th, 2012 @ 4:56pm CDT
Kinda lame that we're getting a buncha crappy repaints and missing out on actual new moulds. That bludgeon mould, hot spot, =;
ATLEAST the Unicron figure, since it did have its roots on the American side of things. And with this iteration, you could actually have multiple Unicrons in your collection all serving as material incarnation of a non-phsyical being.

Ending Soon On eBay

2004 TAKARA TRANSFORMERS RICOCHET MISB REISSUE 15 VERY NICE - Time Remaining: 6 days 14 minutes 36 seconds
LOT OF TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2002 MINIBOT KEYCHAINS ROOK TAP OUT GLYPH HASBRO - Time Remaining: 8 days 9 hours 14 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - AUTOBOT RATCHET - Deluxe Class Series 2 #010 - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 27 seconds
2002 TAKARA TRANSFORMERS JAZZ MISB REISSUE 1 VERY NICE - Time Remaining: 6 days 32 minutes 52 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers GO! Swordbots Samurai Team G01 Kenzan Police car in USA - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 4 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Generations Voyager Megatron - Time Remaining: 7 days 12 hours 19 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Voyager Class Sandstorm Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 53 minutes 20 seconds
Takara Transformers Beast Wars Metals C-40 Optimus Primal New in Box Unopened - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 42 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory