Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out!

Transformers News: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out!

Saturday, July 14th, 2012 4:31PM CDT

Categories: Event News, Game News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 46,808

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Just in from SDCC 2012 the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus convention exclusive has sold out! To be more precise the sign says "Sold Out for Show", hopefully that means there's some stock reserved for HasbroToyShop.com in the week ahead.

  • Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus - Sold Out for Show
  • Transformers Prime Rust in Peace Cliffjumper - In Stock
  • Avengers Helicarrier - In Stock
  • X-Force - Sold Out for Show
  • Masters of Evil - In Stock
  • G.I. Joe/Transformers Shockwave H.I.S.S. Tank set - In Stock
  • G.I. Joe Primary - In Stock
  • G.I. Joe Variant - Sold Out for Show
  • Star Wars Carbonite set - In Stock
  • My Little Pony - Sold Out for Show
  • Jem - Sold Out for Show

Image
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400768)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on July 14th, 2012 @ 4:54pm CDT
I'd be curious to know what the "full stock" numbers were for each piece.

I know my testosterone-fueled self was actually considering a Jem doll until I saw how much they were, so I'm surprised those sold out.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400772)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 14th, 2012 @ 5:02pm CDT
Looks like a good sign for how well combiners could sell.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400775)
Posted by Mkall on July 14th, 2012 @ 5:06pm CDT
I'm actually surprised the HISS Tank Shockwave is still in stock actually
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400779)
Posted by LiKwid on July 14th, 2012 @ 5:35pm CDT
Same thing happened with Soundwave a few years back..HTS will have some..
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400790)
Posted by Anonymous on July 14th, 2012 @ 6:58pm CDT
Where the FOC are all the reviews of him then? D:<
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400791)
Posted by nonoboy311 on July 14th, 2012 @ 6:59pm CDT
feel hella bad for buying the last 2 bruticus.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400798)
Posted by Rated X on July 14th, 2012 @ 7:35pm CDT
I got a funny feeling Takara is going to do these guys right (including Vortex) and then all these comic crap exclusives are going to start popping up on e-bay.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400816)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 14th, 2012 @ 8:49pm CDT
So what were they going for at the Con and is there any speculation what HTS may sell them for? :VEHI:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400818)
Posted by freaky777 on July 14th, 2012 @ 8:50pm CDT
Aww sad.. I wonder if my friends got it for me in the end.. they were there the day the first day but it was sold out for the day.. gotta check with them, hope they got it..
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400831)
Posted by craggy on July 14th, 2012 @ 9:10pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:So what were they going for at the Con and is there any speculation what HTS may sell them for? :VEHI:

$100 at the show, IIRC.

I'd have loved to pick one up for that price.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400855)
Posted by Hotrodimust on July 14th, 2012 @ 10:28pm CDT
I got a sdcc bruticus and cliffjumper and the dc collectables 2 pack of Kyle Rayner and kilowag 3 3/4" figures
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400856)
Posted by ChZuck on July 14th, 2012 @ 10:28pm CDT
jeez that took longer than i expected. the Derpys were gone within the first day practically.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400908)
Posted by jazzt1 on July 15th, 2012 @ 1:02am CDT
well all hope isnt lost, amazon just put up their pre-order for their G2 bruticus back up!!!
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400918)
Posted by Mechastrike on July 15th, 2012 @ 1:28am CDT
WOW! :shock:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400919)
Posted by Hotrodimust on July 15th, 2012 @ 1:32am CDT
Someone has a review on YouTube and he says it sucks and it does look like it sucks so I'm so glad o bought one. The hands are just horrible one a closed fist and the other is a karate chop
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400922)
Posted by Gandalf on July 15th, 2012 @ 1:38am CDT
orangeitis wrote:Where the FOC are all the reviews of him then? D:<


Right here.

I had decided to try my luck at getting the SDCC version, but after seeing that gallery, somehow I'm not so fond of it anymore.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400924)
Posted by Hotrodimust on July 15th, 2012 @ 1:39am CDT
There is one review of him and it's not looking so good
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400938)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 15th, 2012 @ 2:31am CDT
I just read the review, and I'm having second thoughts on buying him.

Not a bad figure per se, but a general feeling of looseness on the joints (that's what I think he means, at least) can't be good for a combiner.

That back kibble on Brawl is pretty bad, too.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400940)
Posted by Hotrodimust on July 15th, 2012 @ 2:59am CDT
There is a video review to
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400953)
Posted by Anonymous on July 15th, 2012 @ 4:11am CDT
And the scalpers rejoice on eBay...
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1400968)
Posted by Sirtank on July 15th, 2012 @ 6:14am CDT
I'm not impressed with Bruticus myself. I think he looks really wonky. I do like the individual bots enough to pick them up though. I just don't know that the SDCC colors are worth the hassle or the scalper prices trying to get them. I don't really care for the G2 colors myself, so I guess I'm going for the regular retail versions.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1401001)
Posted by Crosscheck on July 15th, 2012 @ 10:10am CDT
Rated X wrote:I got a funny feeling Takara is going to do these guys right (including Vortex) and then all these comic crap exclusives are going to start popping up on e-bay.

You mean with customer-applied awful-looking stickers and mold-changes that ruin the appearance of the figure. Yeah, can't wait.

I remember when Hasbro-Hate used to be a logical conclusion, now it is just pathetic.

*On-topic*
I was never really drawn to the Comic-Con variants, they seemed a little drab for me. Don't get me wrong, I would have picked them up in a hot second. But honestly, I love the nostalgic feel the G2 variant has. It is just so deliciously over the top.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1401013)
Posted by Hotrodimust on July 15th, 2012 @ 11:27am CDT
Crosscheck wrote:
Rated X wrote:I got a funny feeling Takara is going to do these guys right (including Vortex) and then all these comic crap exclusives are going to start popping up on e-bay.

You mean with customer-applied awful-looking stickers and mold-changes that ruin the appearance of the figure. Yeah, can't wait.

I remember when Hasbro-Hate used to be a logical conclusion, now it is just pathetic.

*On-topic*
I was never really drawn to the Comic-Con variants, they seemed a little drab for me. Don't get me wrong, I would have picked them up in a hot second. But honestly, I love the nostalgic feel the G2 variant has. It is just so deliciously over the top.

I remember when you were able to go to a TRU or walmart or target and figured were stocked on the shelves and it wasn't really that hard to find a whole wave. I never had to turn to eBay or any other online retailer to get a figure. I think after the over stock of dotm figures that warm the pegs for so long they don't wanna ship in high volume or something just a thought lol
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1401027)
Posted by Rated X on July 15th, 2012 @ 12:51pm CDT
Crosscheck wrote:
Rated X wrote:I got a funny feeling Takara is going to do these guys right (including Vortex) and then all these comic crap exclusives are going to start popping up on e-bay.

You mean with customer-applied awful-looking stickers and mold-changes that ruin the appearance of the figure. Yeah, can't wait.

I remember when Hasbro-Hate used to be a logical conclusion, now it is just pathetic.

*On-topic*
I was never really drawn to the Comic-Con variants, they seemed a little drab for me. Don't get me wrong, I would have picked them up in a hot second. But honestly, I love the nostalgic feel the G2 variant has. It is just so deliciously over the top.


Saw the comic con version in person at Botcon. Even with darker colors, they still looked a little "plastic-ish" or in other words cheap. They need that metallic finish that Takara has been applying to most of their United line deluxes. And vortex needs to be grey with dark blue limbs and details. Screw the stupid video game.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1401071)
Posted by xyl360 on July 15th, 2012 @ 3:08pm CDT
Fingers crossed that Hasbro produced a TON of these sets for HasbroToyShop so they don't sell out within the first hour or so because I definitely want one and it seems plenty of other people do as well.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1401148)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 15th, 2012 @ 7:15pm CDT
Rated X wrote:They need that metallic finish that Takara has been applying to most of their United line deluxes. And vortex needs to be grey with dark blue limbs and details. Screw the stupid video game.


I wonder if Takara will use the FOC Combaticon toys for their United line? Would be awesome if they did. I'd actually wait for a Takara version if there's a possibility of it.

About Vortex's color; I agree. That pinkish...orangish...whatever, is fugly.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1401163)
Posted by xyl360 on July 15th, 2012 @ 8:20pm CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Rated X wrote:They need that metallic finish that Takara has been applying to most of their United line deluxes. And vortex needs to be grey with dark blue limbs and details. Screw the stupid video game.


I wonder if Takara will use the FOC Combaticon toys for their United line? Would be awesome if they did. I'd actually wait for a Takara version if there's a possibility of it.

About Vortex's color; I agree. That pinkish...orangish...whatever, is fugly.

I'm sure they will. They did with all of the WFC toys so I can't see them skipping the FOC toys.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1401220)
Posted by njb902 on July 16th, 2012 @ 12:51am CDT
got mine about an hour ago and my first impression is kinda neutral. I like the individual bots a lot(their weapons are awesome). my one big nag is blast off as a arm, he just doesn't work well. I ended up switching brawl to an arm and blast off to being a leg. I may buy another swindle and brawl at retail and not use vortex and blast off at all. bruticus is light, but he is limber with what I thought was a surprising range of movement.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1401283)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 16th, 2012 @ 9:18am CDT
Rated X wrote:Saw the comic con version in person at Botcon. Even with darker colors, they still looked a little "plastic-ish" or in other words cheap. They need that metallic finish that Takara has been applying to most of their United line deluxes. And vortex needs to be grey with dark blue limbs and details. Screw the stupid video game.


Perfect point and I'm not sure if it was mentioned at all but I'm wondering if Takara will be releasing another set in either G1 colors or current paint apps with metallic finish. :VEHI:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1401492)
Posted by DevastaTTor on July 16th, 2012 @ 9:49pm CDT
Not sure if I'm keeping my SDCC Bruticus set. There were things I actually really liked in person (I thought it looked better live than in pictures) but I question where it would ultimately might add it into my collection. My friend who braved the Hasbro line is almost certainly going to sell his.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1401516)
Posted by El Duque on July 17th, 2012 @ 12:01am CDT
I got my Brute and Cliff off eBay. Not so much because I don't think I would be able to get them off HTS, more because I just don't want to deal with HTS. Worth the extra cash in my book, plus I'll have them by the end of the week.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1401655)
Posted by Rhinox23 on July 17th, 2012 @ 1:21pm CDT
El Duque wrote:I got my Brute and Cliff off eBay. Not so much because I don't think I would be able to get them off HTS, more because I just don't want to deal with HTS. Worth the extra cash in my book, plus I'll have them by the end of the week.


I'm considering the same thing. I've been watching HTS like a hawk with no sign of any of the exclusives. It's actually starting to drive me crazy and I haven't had to deal with the site traffic crashing yet! Has anyone heard when the SDCC exclusives should go up on HTS?
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Sold Out! (1401681)
Posted by El Duque on July 17th, 2012 @ 2:44pm CDT
Rhinox23 wrote:
El Duque wrote:I got my Brute and Cliff off eBay. Not so much because I don't think I would be able to get them off HTS, more because I just don't want to deal with HTS. Worth the extra cash in my book, plus I'll have them by the end of the week.


I'm considering the same thing. I've been watching HTS like a hawk with no sign of any of the exclusives. It's actually starting to drive me crazy and I haven't had to deal with the site traffic crashing yet! Has anyone heard when the SDCC exclusives should go up on HTS?


Not yet, I'm surprised they haven't went up already.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014