Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery

Transformers News: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery

Thursday, July 12th, 2012 8:44PM CDT

Categories: Event News, Game News, Site News, Sponsor News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 33,107

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

G2 fans rejoice! The Seibertron.com SDCC 2012 Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Gallery is up. This version of the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Cobaticons is an Amazon and BigBadToyStore shared exclusive. Click here to view the full gallery!

Image

Image
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399903)
Posted by Blurrz on July 12th, 2012 @ 8:47pm CDT
That packaging is just beautiful
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399906)
Posted by orangeitis on July 12th, 2012 @ 8:50pm CDT
I hope this puts to rest the doubts that Dudeicus can scramble.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399907)
Posted by Rhinox23 on July 12th, 2012 @ 8:53pm CDT
Umm, is it just me or is G2 Bruty mistransformed?! It looks like Brawl is his left arm when on the packaging itself he's the left leg. This actually looks like Ruination's combined form from the slideshow. I guess it's a good representation of what it'll look like minus the color scheme and combined head mold.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399911)
Posted by quickmixed on July 12th, 2012 @ 9:04pm CDT
I gotta say, in regards to the packaging ,Very impressive Hasbro. Very impressive indeed. :APPLAUSE:

I'm still not entirely sold on Bruticus though.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399915)
Posted by rpetras on July 12th, 2012 @ 9:08pm CDT
Rhinox23 wrote:Umm, is it just me or is G2 Bruty mistransformed?! It looks like Brawl is his left arm when on the packaging itself he's the left leg. This actually looks like Ruination's combined form from the slideshow. I guess it's a good representation of what it'll look like minus the color scheme and combined head mold.



I think they are showcasing the fact that the arms can, indeed swap.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399919)
Posted by Cyberseven on July 12th, 2012 @ 9:14pm CDT
This makes me even happier I jumped on my preorders for this set. Looks great, and I love the packaging too.
By the way I noticed the Dark Energon BBTS exclusives too. I have already decided those are all on my shopping list too.

Bravo Hasbro. If all of these great products actually make it to market, and you don't screw us, I will regain my faith that you actually love the Transformers Legacy and franchise.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399937)
Posted by Rhinox23 on July 12th, 2012 @ 9:51pm CDT
rpetras wrote:
Rhinox23 wrote:Umm, is it just me or is G2 Bruty mistransformed?! It looks like Brawl is his left arm when on the packaging itself he's the left leg. This actually looks like Ruination's combined form from the slideshow. I guess it's a good representation of what it'll look like minus the color scheme and combined head mold.



I think they are showcasing the fact that the arms can, indeed swap.


You're probably right. I started thinking the same thing too. This actually makes it a little more appealing too so each person can combine in any way they want. My initial reaction was that they changed the mold to include hands only with the "arm" pieces, but it looks like all but Swindle will have Bruty's hands.

Now I just really hope I can get my hands on the SDCC version. I've gotten lucky the last 2 years on HTS, so let's hope that streak continues!
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399964)
Posted by DrLegend on July 12th, 2012 @ 10:29pm CDT
Holy crap.

That is the most amazing thing I have ever seen Hasbro put out in the last 5 years. I pre-ordered mine through Amazon as a back up in case I couldn't find the standard ones in store (wasn't going to pay $105+ shipping at BBTS if it was available at Amazon for $60). If I found the standard ones I was going to sell this one but now I might not even get the other edition.

This is definitely a shelf worthy product! THANK YOU HASBRO!
:APPLAUSE:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399977)
Posted by Heavy B on July 12th, 2012 @ 10:53pm CDT
FINALY. I spent YEARS asking hasbro for a neon yellow onslaught (granted I was talking about the Universe 2008 version, but this is a start.)

Lets get some more G2 bots out there. Come on green and purple megatron.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399990)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 12th, 2012 @ 11:21pm CDT
Oh so-late-in-November-it's-practically-December, you cannot come soon enough.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400000)
Posted by Hoitytoity on July 12th, 2012 @ 11:40pm CDT
So, uh, why does it say Optimus Prime under G2 Bruticus' name? o_O;;;
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400022)
Posted by orangeitis on July 13th, 2012 @ 1:34am CDT
Rhinox23 wrote:Umm, is it just me or is G2 Bruty mistransformed?! It looks like Brawl is his left arm when on the packaging itself he's the left leg. This actually looks like Ruination's combined form from the slideshow. I guess it's a good representation of what it'll look like minus the color scheme and combined head mold.
Look at the post right above you. :KREMZEEK:
orangeitis wrote:I hope this puts to rest the doubts that Dudeicus can scramble.


>:oP
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400038)
Posted by noctorro on July 13th, 2012 @ 2:50am CDT
GREAT!

I also saw another repaint of Bruticus. I think they're going to milk him :p. Anyway no problem since the arms/legs seem interchangable. So you can buy two and they'll kinda look different :)
I'm waiting for the Grey Urban Camo repaint, but SDCC version will be my first!
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400043)
Posted by Va'al on July 13th, 2012 @ 3:26am CDT
Hoitytoity wrote:So, uh, why does it say Optimus Prime under G2 Bruticus' name? o_O;;;


I was quite confused at that, too!

Again, I blame marketing student interns. Image


I like that the limbs can be swapped, and I think I like these colours more.
But I'm not sure I want any of the figures anyway. Hm. Image
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400049)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 13th, 2012 @ 3:33am CDT
Oh my word, that packaging is amazingly hideous...I love it! Beings back a lot of memories.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400089)
Posted by Mechastrike on July 13th, 2012 @ 8:42am CDT
the toy is beautiful but that package is just... WOW!!! i mean it's so classic. :BOWDOWN:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400162)
Posted by Squawk'n'talk on July 13th, 2012 @ 11:53am CDT
This looks great! Is it me, or does the combined toy look better with Blastoff and Vortex as the legs?
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400220)
Posted by RAcast on July 13th, 2012 @ 2:52pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Oh so-late-in-November-it's-practically-December, you cannot come soon enough.


kirbenvost wrote:Oh my word, that packaging is amazingly hideous...I love it! Beings back a lot of memories.


Oh man, the more I see, the more G2-Beautiful it is! :michaelbay:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400222)
Posted by orangeitis on July 13th, 2012 @ 3:00pm CDT
This'll possibly be the first box I won't toss away...
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400299)
Posted by RAcast on July 13th, 2012 @ 5:48pm CDT
orangeitis wrote:This'll possibly be the first box I won't toss away...

Same here. xD
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400571)
Posted by Aluus on July 14th, 2012 @ 3:39am CDT
IT'S STILL CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400832)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 14th, 2012 @ 9:11pm CDT
I'd buy that for how gloriously bad/90's the color scheme is. so bad (in regards to color scheme) it's actually good Image Though the box art's just gorgeous
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1401234)
Posted by STINGRAY749 on July 16th, 2012 @ 1:57am CDT
I'm ssssoooooo happy I got this preordered.

The colors are so awful that they're awesome.

Plus G2 con symbols :G2CON: . Just that is awesome.

The box is super sexy.

Hasrbo you've stepped a little bit.

Did I mention how awesome this looks.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1402981)
Posted by Seibertron on July 21st, 2012 @ 2:45pm CDT
Last week we reported on the upcoming Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus that Hasbro had on display at SDCC 2012, which comes complete with replica G2 packaging, which Hasbro painstakingly recreated. We finally had a chance to update the existing gallery with detailed pictures of the back and sides of the packaging which includes the bio card and other aspects which complete the replica G2 feel of this unique packaging. Check out the pictures below ...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403013)
Posted by STINGRAY749 on July 21st, 2012 @ 5:59pm CDT
Great pics! I'm so glad that I got this coming in November. The colors just work with the molds. Plus the box is awesome. The box and all five of them will be on my shelf.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403017)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 21st, 2012 @ 6:22pm CDT
I think I'll be keeping this box.

I hope we see some other FoC figures done in the G2 style. I'd love a blue Grimlock (he was the first TF toy I had, along with green Slag and red Snarl).
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403030)
Posted by Philthy on July 21st, 2012 @ 7:08pm CDT
I can not wait to get this Big Bad Battlin' Dudicus into my hands!
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403037)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2012 @ 7:33pm CDT
This deco is the G1 Bruticus character, while the SDCC and retail decos are the Fall of Cybertron Bruticus character.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403057)
Posted by Hotrodimust on July 21st, 2012 @ 9:35pm CDT
I can't believe so many people think bruticus is a nice looking combiner. Wait till you have him in hand to see what a disappointment he really is
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403067)
Posted by orangeitis on July 21st, 2012 @ 10:19pm CDT
Hotrodimust wrote:I can't believe so many people think bruticus is a nice looking combiner. Wait till you have him in hand to see what a disappointment he really is
Opinions, man. We're not gonna "find out" that we share your opinion. If we still like him, we still like him. If we don't, we don't. >:oP

Aside from any unpredictable QC issues, I'm fairly certain that not only will he be my collection's centerpiece, but he'll also be my favorite of all. Well, the G2 version at least.

If you don't want yours, I'll be happy to buy it off ya...
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403088)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 22nd, 2012 @ 12:36am CDT
The people who are getting G2 Bruticus have several months to put their expectations at a realistic level. Plus, they're spending a LOT less money and going through a LOT less hassle, so there's much less of that "this had better be worth it" feeling.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403090)
Posted by RAcast on July 22nd, 2012 @ 12:42am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:The people who are getting G2 Bruticus have several months to put their expectations at a realistic level. Plus, they're spending a LOT less money and going through a LOT less hassle, so there's much less of that "this had better be worth it" feeling.

We're also paying a good bit less than retail, too. :) So, not only do we get FoC Bruticus, we get a massive nostalgiagasm and a great deal. And I'll say the same thing I've said all along, the more I see, the more I want it to be here, lol.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403103)
Posted by Aluus on July 22nd, 2012 @ 3:18am CDT
Okay, I admit. I just pre-ordered. $60 for a G2 decoed Bruticus is pretty sweet. Especially since buying the individual figures in retail will be more expensive and more of a hassle. I still HAVE my G2 Bruticus. Guess I'll be displaying them together.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403139)
Posted by Hotrodimust on July 22nd, 2012 @ 8:44am CDT
orangeitis wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:I can't believe so many people think bruticus is a nice looking combiner. Wait till you have him in hand to see what a disappointment he really is
Opinions, man. We're not gonna "find out" that we share your opinion. If we still like him, we still like him. If we don't, we don't. >:oP

Aside from any unpredictable QC issues, I'm fairly certain that not only will he be my collection's centerpiece, but he'll also be my favorite of all. Well, the G2 version at least.

If you don't want yours, I'll be happy to buy it off ya...

I guess if you don't own any 3rd party combiners or the rotf bruticus with FP kits or with out. He looks like a great combiner compaired to a g1 combiner unless you have 3rd party kits on your g1 combiner. The individual robots are nice but they are still very light feeling like the FOC prime,jazz and shockwave. But besides that they look nice but in combined mode not so much his arms are to long his hands look bad and the connection points show to much. Why is one point purple and the other black. Also the idea of being able to swap limbs anywhere is cool but not when you lose articulation. And then hasbro puts a different head on him moves the arms around and calls it a totally different combiner and people are happy. And this version of brut is nowhere near being centerpiece material unless you have no other combiners or MP figures. And I am actually thinking about selling him but if I do I want exactly what I paid for him because he's MISB I played with my friends before I opened mine

.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403154)
Posted by orangeitis on July 22nd, 2012 @ 10:31am CDT
Hotrodimust wrote:
orangeitis wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:I can't believe so many people think bruticus is a nice looking combiner. Wait till you have him in hand to see what a disappointment he really is
Opinions, man. We're not gonna "find out" that we share your opinion. If we still like him, we still like him. If we don't, we don't. >:oP

Aside from any unpredictable QC issues, I'm fairly certain that not only will he be my collection's centerpiece, but he'll also be my favorite of all. Well, the G2 version at least.

If you don't want yours, I'll be happy to buy it off ya...

I guess if you don't own any 3rd party combiners or the rotf bruticus with FP kits or with out.
First of all, it's irrelavent whether I own them or not. I'm still capable of deciding whether or not I want a figure without actually owning it. Secondly, I own all Energon-style 5-bot combiners without 3rd-party add-ons. Yes, they're great, and no, I wouldn't want to shell out tons of money on the 3rd-party upgrades on them, nor do I think they're in any way better than FoC Bruticus with or without upgrades.

Hotrodimust wrote:He looks like a great combiner compaired to a g1 combiner unless you have 3rd party kits on your g1 combiner. The individual robots are nice but they are still very light feeling like the FOC prime,jazz and shockwave. But besides that they look nice but in combined mode not so much his arms are to long his hands look bad and the connection points show to much. Why is one point purple and the other black. Also the idea of being able to swap limbs anywhere is cool but not when you lose articulation.
Well those are your opinions. Opinions which I disagree with for the most part.

Hotrodimust wrote:And then hasbro puts a different head on him moves the arms around and calls it a totally different combiner and people are happy.
Ruination IS a totally different combiner. Maybe not in the sense that it uses 95% of the same molding as FoC Bruticus, but they're different characters and IMO, have a sufficient amount of molding/color to call them different.

Hotrodimust wrote:And this version of brut is nowhere near being centerpiece material unless you have no other combiners or MP figures.
That's your opinion. But for my collection, FoC G2 Bruticus will be a centerpiece.

Hotrodimust wrote:And I am actually thinking about selling him but if I do I want exactly what I paid for him because he's MISB I played with my friends before I opened mine

.
lol, no thanks then. >:oP

I realize you dislike FoC Bruticus, but it's a fact that people have different opinions than you do. People aren't gonna change their opinions because you insist that their opinions are wrong.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403164)
Posted by Hotrodimust on July 22nd, 2012 @ 10:56am CDT
Lol ok and I'm not trying to change your opinion about this waste of plastic. I just like a higher quality figure I guess some people are happy with what ever they get. And as far as deciding of its a bad figure b4 buying it I don't do that anymore because I've liked figure more once in hand and that's why I bought him just in case but he is what he looks like an over size pcc. The actual box is better than the figure IMO
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403167)
Posted by Seibertron on July 22nd, 2012 @ 11:01am CDT
Hotrodimust wrote:Lol ok and I'm not trying to change your opinion about this waste of plastic. I just like a higher quality figure I guess some people are happy with what ever they get. And as far as deciding of its a bad figure b4 buying it I don't do that anymore because I've liked figure more once in hand and that's why I bought him just in case but he is what he looks like an over size pcc. The actual box is better than the figure IMO


Please drop it. I'm tired of the 3rd party guys raining on the parade of people who like the official Transformers toys. This is enough of the 3rd party fans trolling topics about the official Transformers toys.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403168)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 22nd, 2012 @ 11:02am CDT
I have Tripredacus, the second Predacon Combiner. He's not all that great but he's still very much the highlight of my Beast Wars figures. I expect Bruticus to be the same for my FoCs.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403169)
Posted by njb902 on July 22nd, 2012 @ 11:05am CDT
lets see on the one hand you have a $600 dollar 3rd party, and on the other a $60 dollar hasbro/takara......which one again is a waste of plastic?
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403170)
Posted by orangeitis on July 22nd, 2012 @ 11:08am CDT
Hotrodimust wrote:Lol ok and I'm not trying to change your opinion about this waste of plastic. I just like a higher quality figure I guess some people are happy with what ever they get. And as far as deciding of its a bad figure b4 buying it I don't do that anymore because I've liked figure more once in hand and that's why I bought him just in case but he is what he looks like an over size pcc. The actual box is better than the figure IMO
Well if someone, say, don't care how much articulation something has, that the action features and/or aesthetics are more important for the figure to them, then it'll be easy to judge a toy before they have it in-hand. Plus, a lot of us aren't the 'buy-then-decikde-to-resell-or-not' type.

Besides, some of us take in enough information before they decide to buy it without touching the figure first. Examining each and every picture that comes out of it, taking notes on reviews, etc. For instance, I personally studied FoC Bruticus so much, I was able to predict that it's Blast-Off arm could collapse to look more normalish, plus I guessed the ability for Bruticus to attach Onslaught's weapon to his back to simulate his trademark back guns.

And IJS, I think Hercules and other 3rd-party combiners are wastes of plastic, but I rarely tell that to people because it's just my opinion. =)
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403196)
Posted by Hotrodimust on July 22nd, 2012 @ 12:09pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:Lol ok and I'm not trying to change your opinion about this waste of plastic. I just like a higher quality figure I guess some people are happy with what ever they get. And as far as deciding of its a bad figure b4 buying it I don't do that anymore because I've liked figure more once in hand and that's why I bought him just in case but he is what he looks like an over size pcc. The actual box is better than the figure IMO


Please drop it. I'm tired of the 3rd party guys raining on the parade of people who like the official Transformers toys. This is enough of the 3rd party fans trolling topics about the official Transformers toys.

I own hundreds of official figures but I'm not gonna accept anything hasbro throws at me and call it a good figure when it's not. And I can't help it that I have to buy over priced 3rd party figures just to have a quality figure. I wish hasbro would step their game up I would love to give my money to the official company. And be able to find their products in stores and not have to pre order them on line or get robbed on eBay. And all I really said at first is once people have the figure in hand they will see its not as they thought it was gonna be. Also I have not watched or read on good review on him. And what's the difference of me saying I don't like it and someone saying its amazing. I'm just saying what I think off it because I have it in hand and not looking at a picture that's all
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403218)
Posted by Cyberseven on July 22nd, 2012 @ 2:51pm CDT
I for one only purchase licensed TF's. I do not purchase 3rd party anything. It is not because I do not think that some of the 3rd party figures are sweet, I do, but it is because I like keeping my collection 3rd party free.

Now as far as G2 Bruticus goes, and SDCC Bruticus, and the retail version, IMO, no this is not a perfect toy, and maybe isn't going to meet all of my expectations, but it's a fricken toy, and I like it and I want it, and I will have it. :grin:

Still waiting for my SDCC2012 Bruticus to ship from HTS.com. Once I have him in hand I will decide if he is enough for my FOC set, or if I will cancel my pre-order for G2 version.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1403299)
Posted by Rhinox23 on July 22nd, 2012 @ 9:38pm CDT
Cyberseven wrote:I for one only purchase licensed TF's. I do not purchase 3rd party anything. It is not because I do not think that some of the 3rd party figures are sweet, I do, but it is because I like keeping my collection 3rd party free.

Now as far as G2 Bruticus goes, and SDCC Bruticus, and the retail version, IMO, no this is not a perfect toy, and maybe isn't going to meet all of my expectations, but it's a fricken toy, and I like it and I want it, and I will have it. :grin:

Still waiting for my SDCC2012 Bruticus to ship from HTS.com. Once I have him in hand I will decide if he is enough for my FOC set, or if I will cancel my pre-order for G2 version.


I look forward to your opinion once you receive the SDCC version of Bruty. I really wanted to get that version of him and hovered HTS to no avail. I was initially very disappointed, but I'm really starting to like the G2 version.

I agree that it'll be nice to not have to hunt them down individually and to have a nice complete G2 package as well. I really like that he's $40 less too.

Anyway, be sure and post your opinion about the SDCC version once you've got him in hand. I may have to hunt him down eventually if everyone seems to agree that he's worth it. For now I am more than happy with the G2 version, but I can re-evaluate the SDCC colors later after the hype and my initial heartbreak dies down!
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1404011)
Posted by The_Bot_In_The_Tux on July 25th, 2012 @ 7:44am CDT
orangeitis wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:Lol ok and I'm not trying to change your opinion about this waste of plastic. I just like a higher quality figure I guess some people are happy with what ever they get. And as far as deciding of its a bad figure b4 buying it I don't do that anymore because I've liked figure more once in hand and that's why I bought him just in case but he is what he looks like an over size pcc. The actual box is better than the figure IMO
Well if someone, say, don't care how much articulation something has, that the action features and/or aesthetics are more important for the figure to them, then it'll be easy to judge a toy before they have it in-hand. Plus, a lot of us aren't the 'buy-then-decikde-to-resell-or-not' type.

Besides, some of us take in enough information before they decide to buy it without touching the figure first. Examining each and every picture that comes out of it, taking notes on reviews, etc. For instance, I personally studied FoC Bruticus so much, I was able to predict that it's Blast-Off arm could collapse to look more normalish, plus I guessed the ability for Bruticus to attach Onslaught's weapon to his back to simulate his trademark back guns.

And IJS, I think Hercules and other 3rd-party combiners are wastes of plastic, but I rarely tell that to people because it's just my opinion. =)



Have you ever considered how thoroughly condescending and annoying you sound? It's quite ironic, you warble on about opinions, yet there's no shortage forthcoming from your fingertips. Please be quiet. It's perfectly acceptable for others to have a say in a matter and not be subject to your verbal barrage, that you so thoroughly enjoy sharing with us.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1404035)
Posted by Hotrodimust on July 25th, 2012 @ 9:11am CDT
The_Bot_In_The_Tux wrote:
orangeitis wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:Lol ok and I'm not trying to change your opinion about this waste of plastic. I just like a higher quality figure I guess some people are happy with what ever they get. And as far as deciding of its a bad figure b4 buying it I don't do that anymore because I've liked figure more once in hand and that's why I bought him just in case but he is what he looks like an over size pcc. The actual box is better than the figure IMO
Well if someone, say, don't care how much articulation something has, that the action features and/or aesthetics are more important for the figure to them, then it'll be easy to judge a toy before they have it in-hand. Plus, a lot of us aren't the 'buy-then-decikde-to-resell-or-not' type.

Besides, some of us take in enough information before they decide to buy it without touching the figure first. Examining each and every picture that comes out of it, taking notes on reviews, etc. For instance, I personally studied FoC Bruticus so much, I was able to predict that it's Blast-Off arm could collapse to look more normalish, plus I guessed the ability for Bruticus to attach Onslaught's weapon to his back to simulate his trademark back guns.

And IJS, I think Hercules and other 3rd-party combiners are wastes of plastic, but I rarely tell that to people because it's just my opinion. =)



Have you ever considered how thoroughly condescending and annoying you sound? It's quite ironic, you warble on about opinions, yet there's no shortage forthcoming from your fingertips. Please be quiet. It's perfectly acceptable for others to have a say in a matter and not be subject to your verbal barrage, that you so thoroughly enjoy sharing with us.

I'm just gonna like everything that hasbro makes so I don't have to listen to people cry when I say I don't like a figure. And I'm sorry I don't study pictures I have other things to do. I see tons of people say they don't like things on this site and no one says nothing to them but if I say something its an act against god. I can't wait till he hits retail and everyone sees how bad this figure truely is
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1404039)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 25th, 2012 @ 9:24am CDT
njb902 wrote:lets see on the one hand you have a $600 dollar 3rd party, and on the other a $60 dollar hasbro/takara......which one again is a waste of plastic?


This argument does not make sense to me.

Is cost a component in objectively evaluating the quality of a figure?

I mean, of course it's something to consider but no one puts a BMW next to a Kia and calls the BMW a piece of garbage because they can't afford it.

Perhaps the price makes one figure a better suit for a particular buyer but there is zero, absolutely zero question that the recent 3rd party combiners are better combining robot figures than FoC Bruticus in any color scheme when considering engineering.

If it's going to be an honest discussion at least keep it in the realm of reasonable.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1404050)
Posted by orangeitis on July 25th, 2012 @ 10:02am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
njb902 wrote:lets see on the one hand you have a $600 dollar 3rd party, and on the other a $60 dollar hasbro/takara......which one again is a waste of plastic?


This argument does not make sense to me.

Is cost a component in objectively evaluating the quality of a figure?

I mean, of course it's something to consider but no one puts a BMW next to a Kia and calls the BMW a piece of garbage because they can't afford it.
Actually, njb902 didn't say anything about not being able to afford the $600 figure(at least not in the post you quoted). There's a huge difference in not being able to afford something expensive versus not thinking the toy is worth the expense. Maybe one would even rather have 5 Bruticuses(Brutici?) than one Hercules... who knows?

I know it's easy if you think that the expensive one is bar none the best the market has to offer to assume that everyone else thinks so too and just claims to dislike it because they merely can't afford it, but you must understand that people do have different opinions than you do, regardless of how seemingly unlikely it is.

Counterpunch wrote:Perhaps the price makes one figure a better suit for a particular buyer but there is zero, absolutely zero question that the recent 3rd party combiners are better combining robot figures than FoC Bruticus in any color scheme when considering engineering.

If it's going to be an honest discussion at least keep it in the realm of reasonable
But that also can be debated. There is more to consider than amount of articulation, size, transformation, or number of parts being used. We must also consider that Hasbro has many other aspects to their toy engineering that limit what they can and can't practically make. The main and IMO most obvious one is that Hasbro isn't aiming for adult collectors, they're aiming at kids. That does not necessarily include the detail they put on the figure, but the aesthetics of the figure, the pricing, and the safety of the toy.

Hasbro has to adhere to modern-day toy safety standards, which hinder the construction of a toy a lot.Sharp parts need to be dulled or configured for less risk to the young consumers. The toys have to survive drop tests so parts won't fly off and injure or kill a random bystander. The toy mustn't look like a weapon to a law enforcement officer so the wielder of the toy won't get shot in self-defense.

But there's more. The toys must be set at a price that appears affordable to the average parent. Most parents won't bother with a 6-inch robot toy if it costs too much, no matter how good an adult collector might think it looks. The toy also has to be easy to understand for the average consumer, which helps on designing costs.

And considering all those rules, let's take a look at Fall of Cybertron Bruticus again. Okay, modern day 5-bot combiner with at least deluxe-sized component bots, check. An average-level of modern-day articulation on both component bots and all combined formations, check. A "scramble city"-type gimmick that raises play value and chances of completing a full combined form, check. Zero combiner kibble so consumers won't lose a whole giant robot if they lose a piece while playing, check. Component weapons combine, check. Cheap enough for parents to buy(not to mention the components all looking different), check. Plenty of colors to choose from, check.

Considering all of the rules Hasbro engineers had to adhere to while making a modern-day combiner, yes, it could be debated whether or not it has better engineering than 3rd-party combiners. Consider if the 3rd-party engineers worked for Hasbro, limited by the same rules. What are the odds that they could come up with something better?
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1404052)
Posted by Hotrodimust on July 25th, 2012 @ 10:05am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
njb902 wrote:lets see on the one hand you have a $600 dollar 3rd party, and on the other a $60 dollar hasbro/takara......which one again is a waste of plastic?


This argument does not make sense to me.

Is cost a component in objectively evaluating the quality of a figure?

I mean, of course it's something to consider but no one puts a BMW next to a Kia and calls the BMW a piece of garbage because they can't afford it.

Perhaps the price makes one figure a better suit for a particular buyer but there is zero, absolutely zero question that the recent 3rd party combiners are better combining robot figures than FoC Bruticus in any color scheme when considering engineering.

If it's going to be an honest discussion at least keep it in the realm of reasonable.

I said this figure sucks because it's horrible the articulation is crap the the transformation of each figure is crap and I really think this could of been a good figure but they had to try and do something that no other combiner can do and use any bot for any limb. The whole thing I said about third party combiners is that if some people with have no combiners or don't have a good combiner to compair it to then they might think this is a great combiner. It has nothing to do with cost I paid $200 for sdcc bruticus and I paid $300 for my maketoys giant. I don't care how much things cost even know I wish I paid less for both. but if I'm paying good money for a figure I want a good figure even at $50 a figure should have more articulation than the FOC bruticus and better design the whole figure is extremely simple. And I know in the end these are just kids toys but hasbro them selves said the generations line is geared more towards collectors. And so far IMO all the FOC figures are crap they are smaller,lighter because they are hollow barely any paint apps and scout class transformations. Seriously take any one of last years generation figures and compair it the the 3 we got already and tell me hasbro isn't cutting back and then raising the prices. I love transformers do when I buy a TF figure I want it to remind me of why I think TFs are so cool not disappoint me. And I know everyone has their own opinion but it seems like when ever I say something about a figure not even negative someone has to say something to me and then I'm the one that always gets a warning. Trust me I'm not on hear to argue with people if I say I don't like something maybe someone should just ask why instead of getting all defensive. There are so many times I want to comment on something and not in a negative way and I don't because I don't feel like having someone tell me that what I think is rediculous. Idk maybe I don't word things right. I know my writing skills arnt the best but what ever I'll just keep my comments to my self
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1404060)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 25th, 2012 @ 10:33am CDT
orangeitis wrote:::snip::


You wrote a lot of words but really did not address the simple point I made in my comment.

I really can't discuss the matter any further because all I said was that disregarding cost, the 3rd party combiners have been better figures.

I do not care about any rationalizations for why Hasbro has created the product they have.

In a vacuum, in a purely "which is better, side by side, pair-wise comparison", I am stating that the non-Hasbro combiner products are superior.

In a real world context, price, availability, etc all come in to play.

I really don't see what's so difficult to accept in all of this.

If you only collect "Hasbro/Takara Transformers" that's one thing but it's a different thing. However, under the context of what I've set forth here, if you think that FoC Bruticus is a better overall toy than MT Giant, Herc, or FP Colossus; then I would call into question your ability to evaluate quality toys.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1404063)
Posted by Hotrodimust on July 25th, 2012 @ 10:36am CDT
orangeitis wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
njb902 wrote:lets see on the one hand you have a $600 dollar 3rd party, and on the other a $60 dollar hasbro/takara......which one again is a waste of plastic?


This argument does not make sense to me.

Is cost a component in objectively evaluating the quality of a figure?

I mean, of course it's something to consider but no one puts a BMW next to a Kia and calls the BMW a piece of garbage because they can't afford it.
Actually, njb902 didn't say anything about not being able to afford the $600 figure(at least not in the post you quoted). There's a huge difference in not being able to afford something expensive versus not thinking the toy is worth the expense. Maybe one would even rather have 5 Bruticuses(Brutici?) than one Hercules... who knows?

I know it's easy if you think that the expensive one is bar none the best the market has to offer to assume that everyone else thinks so too and just claims to dislike it because they merely can't afford it, but you must understand that people do have different opinions than you do, regardless of how seemingly unlikely it is.

Counterpunch wrote:Perhaps the price makes one figure a better suit for a particular buyer but there is zero, absolutely zero question that the recent 3rd party combiners are better combining robot figures than FoC Bruticus in any color scheme when considering engineering.

If it's going to be an honest discussion at least keep it in the realm of reasonable
But that also can be debated. There is more to consider than amount of articulation, size, transformation, or number of parts being used. We must also consider that Hasbro has many other aspects to their toy engineering that limit what they can and can't practically make. The main and IMO most obvious one is that Hasbro isn't aiming for adult collectors, they're aiming at kids. That does not necessarily include the detail they put on the figure, but the aesthetics of the figure, the pricing, and the safety of the toy.

Hasbro has to adhere to modern-day toy safety standards, which hinder the construction of a toy a lot.Sharp parts need to be dulled or configured for less risk to the young consumers. The toys have to survive drop tests so parts won't fly off and injure or kill a random bystander. The toy mustn't look like a weapon to a law enforcement officer so the wielder of the toy won't get shot in self-defense.

But there's more. The toys must be set at a price that appears affordable to the average parent. Most parents won't bother with a 6-inch robot toy if it costs too much, no matter how good an adult collector might think it looks. The toy also has to be easy to understand for the average consumer, which helps on designing costs.

And considering all those rules, let's take a look at Fall of Cybertron Bruticus again. Okay, modern day 5-bot combiner with at least deluxe-sized component bots, check. An average-level of modern-day articulation on both component bots and all combined formations, check. A "scramble city"-type gimmick that raises play value and chances of completing a full combined form, check. Zero combiner kibble so consumers won't lose a whole giant robot if they lose a piece while playing, check. Component weapons combine, check. Cheap enough for parents to buy(not to mention the components all looking different), check. Plenty of colors to choose from, check.

Considering all of the rules Hasbro engineers had to adhere to while making a modern-day combiner, yes, it could be debated whether or not it has better engineering than 3rd-party combiners. Consider if the 3rd-party engineers worked for Hasbro, limited by the same rules. What are the odds that they could come up with something better?

This does make a lot of sense but I think they could have done better. Because anything they bring over from takaras MP line has to go thru the same rules right and they are a lot nicer. I really think if they didn't do the scramble city thing he would be a lot nicer but by doing the scramble city they gave them selves options to repaint and rename the figures and put out another combiner to make more money off of the same molds. And yes they do this for individual figures but it just seems a little cheap on their part. Because in the end hasbro is about making as much money off of their products as they can. and I understand that it's why people start Buisnesses. But recycling a whole combiner and trying to sell him as a totally different combiner is just wrong. Big deal his head is different I'm still paying $100 or more if I want to complete my set. And what about some of the great designs of some of the prime figures they couldn't put more creativity in to bruticus. I remember listening to a hasbro panel when they first introduced bruticus. And I remember them talking about the new connection points that they said were gonna allow them to do amazing things with their combiners. What is so amazing please let me know and you said hasbro has to follow rules that won't let them make figures like 3rd party. What about rotf leader class prime the transformation is great on that figure and we are also getting jetwing prime these figure wernt hindered by rules. Hasbro just really bit the bullet on bruticus IMO they could have down a way better job but they seen a way were they could make more money and it cost the figure.

Click here to view an additional 10 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014