Transformers News: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery

Thursday, July 12th, 2012 8:44PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Sponsor News, Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,927

G2 fans rejoice! The Seibertron.com SDCC 2012 Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Gallery is up. This version of the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Cobaticons is an Amazon and BigBadToyStore shared exclusive. Click here to view the full gallery!

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399903)
Posted by Anonymous. on July 12th, 2012 @ 8:47pm CDT
That packaging is just beautiful
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399906)
Posted by Anonymous on July 12th, 2012 @ 8:50pm CDT
I hope this puts to rest the doubts that Dudeicus can scramble.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399907)
Posted by Rhinox23 on July 12th, 2012 @ 8:53pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399911)
Posted by quickmixed on July 12th, 2012 @ 9:04pm CDT
I gotta say, in regards to the packaging ,Very impressive Hasbro. Very impressive indeed. :APPLAUSE:

I'm still not entirely sold on Bruticus though.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399915)
Posted by rpetras on July 12th, 2012 @ 9:08pm CDT
Rhinox23 wrote:Umm, is it just me or is G2 Bruty mistransformed?! It looks like Brawl is his left arm when on the packaging itself he's the left leg. This actually looks like Ruination's combined form from the slideshow. I guess it's a good representation of what it'll look like minus the color scheme and combined head mold.

I think they are showcasing the fact that the arms can, indeed swap.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399919)
Posted by Cyberseven on July 12th, 2012 @ 9:14pm CDT
This makes me even happier I jumped on my preorders for this set. Looks great, and I love the packaging too.
By the way I noticed the Dark Energon BBTS exclusives too. I have already decided those are all on my shopping list too.

Bravo Hasbro. If all of these great products actually make it to market, and you don't screw us, I will regain my faith that you actually love the Transformers Legacy and franchise.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399937)
Posted by Rhinox23 on July 12th, 2012 @ 9:51pm CDT
rpetras wrote:

I think they are showcasing the fact that the arms can, indeed swap.

You're probably right. I started thinking the same thing too. This actually makes it a little more appealing too so each person can combine in any way they want. My initial reaction was that they changed the mold to include hands only with the "arm" pieces, but it looks like all but Swindle will have Bruty's hands.

Now I just really hope I can get my hands on the SDCC version. I've gotten lucky the last 2 years on HTS, so let's hope that streak continues!
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399964)
Posted by DrLegend on July 12th, 2012 @ 10:29pm CDT
Holy crap.

That is the most amazing thing I have ever seen Hasbro put out in the last 5 years. I pre-ordered mine through Amazon as a back up in case I couldn't find the standard ones in store (wasn't going to pay $105+ shipping at BBTS if it was available at Amazon for $60). If I found the standard ones I was going to sell this one but now I might not even get the other edition.

This is definitely a shelf worthy product! THANK YOU HASBRO!
:APPLAUSE:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399977)
Posted by Heavy B on July 12th, 2012 @ 10:53pm CDT
FINALY. I spent YEARS asking hasbro for a neon yellow onslaught (granted I was talking about the Universe 2008 version, but this is a start.)

Lets get some more G2 bots out there. Come on green and purple megatron.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1399990)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 12th, 2012 @ 11:21pm CDT
Oh so-late-in-November-it's-practically-December, you cannot come soon enough.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400000)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on July 12th, 2012 @ 11:40pm CDT
So, uh, why does it say Optimus Prime under G2 Bruticus' name? o_O;;;
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400022)
Posted by Anonymous on July 13th, 2012 @ 1:34am CDT
Look at the post right above you. :KREMZEEK:
orangeitis wrote:I hope this puts to rest the doubts that Dudeicus can scramble.

>:oP
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400038)
Posted by noctorro on July 13th, 2012 @ 2:50am CDT
GREAT!

I also saw another repaint of Bruticus. I think they're going to milk him :p. Anyway no problem since the arms/legs seem interchangable. So you can buy two and they'll kinda look different :)
I'm waiting for the Grey Urban Camo repaint, but SDCC version will be my first!
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400043)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 13th, 2012 @ 3:26am CDT
Hoitytoity wrote:So, uh, why does it say Optimus Prime under G2 Bruticus' name? o_O;;;

I was quite confused at that, too!

Again, I blame marketing student interns.

I like that the limbs can be swapped, and I think I like these colours more.
But I'm not sure I want any of the figures anyway. Hm.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400049)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 13th, 2012 @ 3:33am CDT
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400089)
Posted by Mechastrike on July 13th, 2012 @ 8:42am CDT
the toy is beautiful but that package is just... WOW!!! i mean it's so classic. :BOWDOWN:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400162)
Posted by Squawk'n'talk on July 13th, 2012 @ 11:53am CDT
This looks great! Is it me, or does the combined toy look better with Blastoff and Vortex as the legs?
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400220)
Posted by RAcast on July 13th, 2012 @ 2:52pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Oh so-late-in-November-it's-practically-December, you cannot come soon enough.

kirbenvost wrote:Oh my word, that packaging is amazingly hideous...I love it! Beings back a lot of memories.

Oh man, the more I see, the more G2-Beautiful it is! :michaelbay:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400222)
Posted by Anonymous on July 13th, 2012 @ 3:00pm CDT
This'll possibly be the first box I won't toss away...
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus Gallery (1400299)
Posted by RAcast on July 13th, 2012 @ 5:48pm CDT
orangeitis wrote:This'll possibly be the first box I won't toss away...

Same here. xD

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE CYCLONUS & SILVERSTREAK NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 10 days 8 hours 34 minutes 16 seconds
G1 TRANSFORMERS SHOCKWAVE BUST 2008 DIAMOND SELECT NEW IN BOX RARE! - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 19 minutes 42 seconds
Star Wars Transformers Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator W/ Figure Rare! - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 49 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers G2 1994 STAXX MOSC european power master routard hasbro - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers G1 SCOURGE  Decepticon  JET  complete   80's 1986       515 - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 8 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers 1984 Insecticon Bombshell complete nice shape G1 80's toys    513 - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 7 minutes 35 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WARPATH & THUNDERCRACKER NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 38 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-13 TRU Soundwave - MEGATRON GUN part / piece - Time Remaining: 24 days 19 hours 55 minutes 35 seconds
Website Security Test