Transformers News: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More!

Thursday, July 12th, 2012 10:36PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 47,602

The SDCC 2012 coverage rages on! The Seibertron.com SDCC 2012 Transformers Prime gallery has been updated with more product images from the Hasbro display cases. This update brings us:

• Cyberverse repaints: Skyquake, Knock Out, Battle Tactics Bulkhead, Tailgate, and Fallback
  • Voyagers: Ultra Magnus and Dreadwing
  • BBTS Exclusive Dark Energon Figures
  • The Return of First Edition!

The updates start when you click right here!

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1399974)
Posted by Gearslide on July 12th, 2012 @ 10:49pm CDT
OH MY SWEET BANANA DONUTS, "DARK ENERGON KNOCKOUT" IS COLORED LIKE WASPINATOR!

Durnit, guess now I have to buy him and Slicer...
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1399975)
Posted by Anonymous. on July 12th, 2012 @ 10:51pm CDT
[color=teal]Finally don't have to deal with getting outscalped.. hello FE Bulkhead ^^

Slicer looks real nice [/color]
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1399979)
Posted by Deadput on July 12th, 2012 @ 10:59pm CDT
tail who? tail gate is that you?

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss mother fuc@3r$
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1399980)
Posted by Heavy B on July 12th, 2012 @ 11:00pm CDT
Magnus is definately interesting. Especialy the hammer.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1399984)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 12th, 2012 @ 11:07pm CDT
You know, I actually kinda don't like that Magnus. Its kinda boring with the paint aps. And the translucence is and always shall be lame. What I liked about Ultra Magnus was that he was particularly blocky, especially in the chest area. The PRIME aesthetic just doesn't work well for him. Thankfully, I can get FoC UM and be satisfied.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1399988)
Posted by ShadowTracker on July 12th, 2012 @ 11:14pm CDT
does anybody know if dreadwing will be released as a solo wave??
not sure but i think i saw the others for a later release..
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1400005)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 13th, 2012 @ 12:06am CDT
November 2012 for the FE return? Ultra Magnus & I can deal with that.

Alas, I can see the FE prices on eBay dropping now. At least I don't have to fold out 40-50 bucks for Bulkhead

ShadowTracker wrote:does anybody know if dreadwing will be released as a solo wave??
not sure but i think i saw the others for a later release..

Yeah, he's gonna be in a solo wave; Wave 3.

Looks like Thundertron & Ultra Magnus are in Wave 4 together. I wonder if Skyquake will be in his own solo wave too, or if they'll do another Voyager to accompany him.

We need a Deluxe retool of this motherplucker:

At least we know what Tailgate would look like if he was on Earth. We already knew he shared Cliff's body type.

Ultra Magnus' paint scheme seems dull, but I can't deal with that now. Ultra Magnus must sit on my shelf with his fellow Autobots.

If I don't see Dreadwing this month like they say we will, I will...uhm...keep waiting.

Fallback? Outback continues to be remembered! Thank you, RTS! Thank you!

Anyone getting an Armada Blurr vibe from DE Wheeljack?

DE Knock Out looks ugly as ass to me. I thought DE Bumblebee was gonna be swindle until I saw him closer.

Looks like Hasbro's turning things around a bit. :-? I'll have total faith in Hasbro reclaimed when I actually see FEs on the shelves in November.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1400007)
Posted by Bounti76 on July 13th, 2012 @ 12:14am CDT
My thoughts on these....

Bulkhead repaint? Pegwarmer.

Tailgate? Pegwarmer. But...I'm still gonna get him and shave/cut off those horns. The only look normal on Cliffjumper.

Skyquake? Should sell okay for a character that was in all of 1 epsiode. Plus he kind of gives me an Acid Storm vibe..

Ultra Magnus? Win. Should sell pretty well, because it's a good mold, plus it's not Prime or Megatron, who are cluttering up the shelves.

Knockout repaint? :SICK: Ugly as hell.

First Edition Re-releases? Better than RID (though I do like RID Vehicon better), but I already have them all. It'll be good for those who want them.

Dark Energon redecos? :SICK: Again, ugly...not even one that looks mildly okay to me.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1400008)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 13th, 2012 @ 12:28am CDT
i am so happy the first editions are back!!! :KREMZEEK: i can finally get a vehicon! i also want another FE arcee. and the voyagers look amazing. but i will really be happy if we ever see breakdown in the US.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1400013)
Posted by The Dude on July 13th, 2012 @ 1:11am CDT
At the risk of sounding like I'm missing something...

Does this mean that FE Optimus and Bulkhead are finally getting REAL mass releases? If that's the case, November's just fine...
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1400019)
Posted by Anonymous on July 13th, 2012 @ 1:31am CDT
PrimeStriker wrote:Anyone getting an Armada Blurr vibe from DE Wheeljack?
I think he looks more like Action Master Slicer, actually. :-B
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1400025)
Posted by triKlops on July 13th, 2012 @ 1:40am CDT
all of these toys look great
the FE stuff, the Dark energon stuff are cool all around
however Tailgate being included in this stuff is really great to see as a cool nod
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1400085)
Posted by wilcosu35 on July 13th, 2012 @ 8:24am CDT
still no breakdown. guess i'll have to get the takara version of him, and hopefully reprolabels will do a nice sticker sheet, and a 3rd party hammer will show up because i don't like the micron-gimmick.

i will be getting thundertron, magnus and dreadwing, because they're awesome

i appreciate that hasbro is re-releasing the FE versions, but couldn't they have do so a few months earlier, before i shelled out 85 euros on bulkhead? :HEADHURTS:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1400088)
Posted by Mechastrike on July 13th, 2012 @ 8:39am CDT
i'm having second thoughts about that Magnus toy. looks more deluxe that voyager.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1400139)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 13th, 2012 @ 11:07am CDT
Nice! Ultra Magnus is a buy. He still has less white/red detailing than I would like, but he looks cool. And I'm glad they gave him a hammer too. Probably one of the few Powerizer weapons I'll actually display.

FE news is good news. I would like to get a Vehicon. Really glad I was able to find the rest at retail though, but this is great for those who haven't bit the scalper bullet yet.

These Dark Energon guys are intriguing but I'll probably pass on them. The only one that truly catches my eye is that vaguely Skywarp-ish seeker.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1400216)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 13th, 2012 @ 2:36pm CDT
orangeitis wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:Anyone getting an Armada Blurr vibe from DE Wheeljack?
I think he looks more like Action Master Slicer, actually. :-B

I see that now. I still get an Armada Blurr vibe from him, but Slicer fits.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1400217)
Posted by OptiMagnus on July 13th, 2012 @ 2:37pm CDT
Alright, I've got to have Ultra Magnus now. He's just great. I'm passing on the entire Prime line except for him. I don't like the show or the toys enough to spend $14.99 and upward. I'm just going to get what I want for Fall of Cybertron.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1400223)
Posted by REMINATOR on July 13th, 2012 @ 3:02pm CDT
OptiMagnus wrote:Alright, I've got to have Ultra Magnus now. He's just great. I'm passing on the entire Prime line except for him.

Me too!

Man, I'm having a tough time whether to pick TTomy or Hasbro Prime Voyager UMagnus. Maybe I get both. That mold is astonishing gorgeous since Animated UMagnus. Also, the display with the missile incorrectly placed on the shoulder reminded G1 UMagnus so much.

So far got the Cyberverse already, can't wait to get my hand on the Voyager and FOC deluxe. Speaking of the FOC UM, hopefully they repaint his red eyes to blue. They did the same thing to Titanium UM during the 2006 convention.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1400235)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on July 13th, 2012 @ 3:32pm CDT
I've got to have Magnus and Dreadwing, pure win IMO. The rest are a bit meh.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime Gallery Updated - Voyager Ultra Magnus, Cyberverse Repaints, BBTS Dark Energon, and More! (1400239)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 13th, 2012 @ 3:41pm CDT
MightyMagnus78 wrote:I've got to have Magnus and Dreadwing, pure win IMO. The rest are a bit meh.

..but ..but ..Thundertron! :(

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE CYCLONUS & SILVERSTREAK NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 10 days 8 hours 34 minutes 16 seconds
G1 TRANSFORMERS SHOCKWAVE BUST 2008 DIAMOND SELECT NEW IN BOX RARE! - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 19 minutes 42 seconds
Star Wars Transformers Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator W/ Figure Rare! - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 49 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers G2 1994 STAXX MOSC european power master routard hasbro - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers G1 SCOURGE  Decepticon  JET  complete   80's 1986       515 - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 8 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers 1984 Insecticon Bombshell complete nice shape G1 80's toys    513 - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 7 minutes 35 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WARPATH & THUNDERCRACKER NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 38 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-13 TRU Soundwave - MEGATRON GUN part / piece - Time Remaining: 24 days 19 hours 55 minutes 35 seconds
Website Security Test