SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime

Transformers News: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime

Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 10:53PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 37,250

Continue to see our SDCC 2012 Coverage through the eye of our high-res lens as we move on to Hasbro's Transformers Prime toy display. Most notably displayed is the rather cold looking villain and denizen of the Pirate faction, the Voyager class toy, Thundertron. We also get looks and packaging images for the two newest figures coming out in Deluxe Wave 5, Sergeant Kup and Decepticon Rumble! Check out the rest of the products in our 65 image gallery by clicking the pictures or the links provided!

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more in-depth SDCC 2012 coverage!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399440)
Posted by DeceptiCobra on July 11th, 2012 @ 11:06pm CDT
DVDS to justify raising the price I see...
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399443)
Posted by TulioDude on July 11th, 2012 @ 11:09pm CDT
Nice galleries! :D

Kup looks nice!
But i wonder why they did him before Ironhide? :-?
Its just me or he is smiling?

Rumble looks cool,with a misterious and menacing way.
Definitely someone who you would want for your Decepticon collection.

Thundertron is very impressive.Such a imposing figure.
I always think is impressive when you cant exactly say what Transformers transforms into,and this figure did this to me.
Nice detail with his faction symbol.

Man,that Weaponizers Optimus Prime looks better every time i look at him.

Awesome! :michaelbay:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399452)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 11th, 2012 @ 11:30pm CDT
The figure itself looks good, though.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399455)
Posted by LiKwid on July 11th, 2012 @ 11:39pm CDT
Nice Photos Ryan..

moire figures that I'll never see due to hasbros awesome distribution methods :ic$:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399460)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 11th, 2012 @ 11:54pm CDT
Rumble's altmode color scheme reminds me of that of Armada Sideswipe.

Noideaforaname wrote:No mention of Soundwave (or Frenzy) in Rumble's bio... In fact, it's a pretty bland one.
The figure itself looks good, though.
At least he still has his pile drivers.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399461)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 11th, 2012 @ 11:54pm CDT
Rumble looks interesting; even comes with a DVD, Hasbro version at least.

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399476)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 12th, 2012 @ 12:34am CDT
and the price goes up once again, fuck you hasbro. Since when does putting a dvd in the package justify raising the prices? They never did that before, greed pure and simple. On another note thundertron looks awesome and dreadwing doesnt look half bad, thankfully voyagers are still $20 so i might pickthen up. Thundertron is the only must buy on my list right now, there would be others but you all know how i feel about the current pricing structure and that prevents me from adding anything else.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399477)
Posted by roBROmanceFTW on July 12th, 2012 @ 12:35am CDT
Gotta wait until October for Thundertron?!?!?! :BANG_HEAD: Can't...wait...that...long. Am sooooooo going to turn him into Leo Prime though! :grin: :grin: :grin:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399478)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 12th, 2012 @ 12:36am CDT
LiKwid wrote:Nice Photos Ryan..

I was just thinking that too.

It's a bummer that i can't just walk into a store and buy a transformer anymore. I have to go online. I blame it on BB of course. But to walk into a store and see a Thundertron on the pegs would be astonishing indeed.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399479)
Posted by Anonymous on July 12th, 2012 @ 12:40am CDT
The figure itself looks good, though.
I'll be sorely disappointed if Rumble has no connection to Soundwave in TFP. That's like... his daddy. :-(

Also, Kup is TINY. :shock:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399494)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 12th, 2012 @ 1:49am CDT
getting all but Kup is a maybe. might wait for ironhide.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399507)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 12th, 2012 @ 2:34am CDT
OMG, that Kup is severely mistransformed. Look at the card art, that resembles the rather awesome little Cyberverse Ironhide. The front of the vehicle should come down over his shoulders like shoulder pads. Also, the left arm has the wheel in front of it, it should be behind like the right arm. Why does Hasbro always hire Mr Magoo to transform their products for shows like this and Botcon?
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399515)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 12th, 2012 @ 3:47am CDT
What's with Thundertron's face?

Is that a mask or something?

But yes, him and Dreadwing/Skyquake. Nom nom nom.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399523)
Posted by That Bot on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:24am CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Weaponizer OP might be worth a look. Not crazy about the shoulder cannons, but if the Takara version replaced that with a more complex arms micron, I'd consider buying one. What worries me if the amount of back kibble he has.

Those guns are built into the figures. It's their entire purpose in life. The rest of the toy is built around that weapon-deploying gimmick. Takara's Microns will be add-ons rather than replacements.

Oh man. Great pics. Rumble looks lighter than I was expecting, but that's okay. Kup is horrendously mistransformed, but I still want him and the Ironhide version of that mold. And Thundertron is truly plastic crack in the purest definition. So much of my want. I ADORE that headsculpt. And it looks like he has a flip-down battle mask or something on top of his head. I'm hoping it's not just part of his transformation. Also, I see a hole on his back where you can store the right foot if you want to have the peg leg. The engineers thought of everything! :APPLAUSE:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399524)
Posted by robotmel on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:26am CDT
:???:
Thundertron - what an odd looking contraption! :lol:

Why has Kup got Ironhides head? Is this going to be another mold share?

I am liking the look of Rumble but his massive shoulder kibble could be annoying once in hand? :-?

Between the new Prime and FoC figures, I feel I wont be bothering to grab the complete lines, just a select few...?

Im off to claim my MP Thundercracker pre-order payment back today from Toys R Us so I might quiz them on the release dates/availability of the FoC lines!
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399526)
Posted by That Bot on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:33am CDT
robotmel wrote:Why has Kup got Ironhides head? Is this going to be another mold share?

Yes, it's meant to be Ironhide but for some reason they're putting out the Kup deco first and Deluxe Ironhide proper is coming at an unknown point in the future.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399530)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:53am CDT
Kup better be mistransformed... the chest looked better in prototypes... With the headlight on his collar...

His left hand is also screwed up with the wheel the wrong way... Who puts this on display? :lol:

Also, no sign of Thundertron's lion mode? Maybe no one could transform him. :lol: Seems like the thing on top of his head is a mask, much like HFTD Fallen's one.. Except it hinges down and hides his tentacles...
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399533)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:54am CDT
That Bot wrote:

If they put out Ironhide 1st, fewer people would buy the Kup repaint. But buy putting Kup out 1st, you'll by it for a new mold, then buy Ironhide again cos... It's Ironhide. 8-}

Well, I'm sure Hasbro will release Ironhide... or at least Takara is doing an AM one.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399534)
Posted by wilcosu35 on July 12th, 2012 @ 5:13am CDT
looks good so far.... really hoping for voyager breakdown :grin:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Prime (1399536)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 12th, 2012 @ 5:29am CDT
wilcosu35 wrote:looks good so far.... really hoping for voyager breakdown :grin:

Yeah, where is the guy?

Hoping for the announcement today. Otherwise I can see the AM version's prices skyrocketing.