SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits

Transformers News: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits

Thursday, July 12th, 2012 2:00AM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Event News, Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,023

Just in case you were wondering what the purchasing limits are for this year's SDCC 2012 exclusives are, Seibertron snagged a flier and sent in a quick image.

Transformers Prime: Rust in Peace Cliffjumper x 4
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Box Set x 2
G.I.Joe/Transformers Crossover Shockwave/H.I.S.S. Tank x 1

So what will this mean in terms of available stock on HasbroToyShop.com after the show? Probably plenty of Rust in Peace Cliffjumpers and just like last year not very many G.I.Joe/Transformers Crossover sets, with the Bruticus set falling somewhere in between.

Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399499)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 12th, 2012 @ 2:05am CDT
Thanks. Hmm, hopefully I can get my hands on that Derpy of theirs...
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399547)
Posted by Cyberseven on July 12th, 2012 @ 6:12am CDT
Thanks for posting this. This makes me feel more hopeful I will score SDCC Bruticus.

I still wonder if HTS.com will have extra servers on line though when these exclusives go up for sale to try to prepare for the mass orders.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399582)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 12th, 2012 @ 8:13am CDT
Transformers Collectors Club, look at this. This is how you do the exclusive sales.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399604)
Posted by rpetras on July 12th, 2012 @ 9:23am CDT
When do these normally show up on HTS?
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399610)
Posted by Rated X on July 12th, 2012 @ 9:42am CDT
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399652)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 12th, 2012 @ 11:26am CDT
Rated X wrote:Why not one of each per badge and screw the scalpers ??? WTF does someone need 4 cliffjumpers for ???

For people who can't attend. Of course, everyone who can will abuse it, but I still think people should be able to buy more than one so they can help out fellow collectors.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399656)
Posted by DevastaTTor on July 12th, 2012 @ 11:38am CDT
The line for Hasbro exclusives was massive this morning. Not sure if that equals bad news for anyone trying to pick things up on HTS.com.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399694)
Posted by Kibble on July 12th, 2012 @ 1:21pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399695)
Posted by craggy on July 12th, 2012 @ 1:22pm CDT
I'd really love to be able to get that Bruticus. But I'm half a world away without a badge or pass or what have you.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399702)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 12th, 2012 @ 1:34pm CDT
Kibble wrote:What's the deal with the MLP Derpy shit? I don't even know how many times I've seen it mentioned. I don't know anything about MLP other than they're little pony toys marketed toward little girls...what's so special about this one? Why does anyone care?

And Transformers are marketed to young boys... your point?

It's a background character with a unique... design. Cross-eyed, basically. And the fandom latched on and it took off.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399705)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 12th, 2012 @ 1:41pm CDT

She's special because she's based on an obvious animation error, which became an internet phenomenon. The rest is history.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399736)
Posted by Kibble on July 12th, 2012 @ 2:54pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:And Transformers are marketed to young boys... your point?

My point was exactly what I said...that's all I know about MLP. Nothing to get defensive about. The reason I asked is I see multiple people flipping their shit over it and I assume they don't all collect MLP otherwise. Just trying to understand why people are so excited about some random pony toy. If I didn't collect TFs, I wouldn't be hell bent to get the Cliffjumper fig. Heck, I do collect and I'm still not planning to get him...
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399747)
Posted by craggy on July 12th, 2012 @ 3:13pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

She's special.

:P

basically, Derpy Hooves (and when I first saw someone mention that name in context of SDCC exclusives, I though they were describing FOC Bruticus) is the MLP equivalent of getting a Roadblock GI Joe figure with "real body massage grip" or a Cyclonus & His Armada 2-pack.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399769)
Posted by rpetras on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:11pm CDT
Man, the more I look at it the less I want the Bruticus.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE CYCLONUS & SILVERSTREAK NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 10 days 8 hours 34 minutes 16 seconds
G1 TRANSFORMERS SHOCKWAVE BUST 2008 DIAMOND SELECT NEW IN BOX RARE! - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 19 minutes 42 seconds
Star Wars Transformers Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator W/ Figure Rare! - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 49 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers G2 1994 STAXX MOSC european power master routard hasbro - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers G1 SCOURGE  Decepticon  JET  complete   80's 1986       515 - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 8 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers 1984 Insecticon Bombshell complete nice shape G1 80's toys    513 - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 7 minutes 35 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WARPATH & THUNDERCRACKER NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 38 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-13 TRU Soundwave - MEGATRON GUN part / piece - Time Remaining: 24 days 19 hours 55 minutes 35 seconds
Website Security Test